How To Store Cinnabons
Published: September 19, 2023
Learn how to store Cinnabons and keep them fresh for longer with our helpful articles. Discover the best tips and tricks for preserving the delicious cinnamon rolls.
Table of Contents
Welcome to the world of Cinnabons! There’s nothing quite like the heavenly scent and delectable taste of these soft, fluffy cinnamon rolls topped with cream cheese frosting. Whether you’ve just indulged in a freshly baked batch or have leftovers from your favorite bakery, you may find yourself wondering how to store these irresistible treats.
Proper storage is key to ensuring that your Cinnabons stay fresh and delicious for as long as possible. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps of storing Cinnabons, so you can enjoy their gooey goodness whenever you want, whether it’s for breakfast, dessert, or a midday snack.
Before we dive into the storage process, let’s quickly go over the basic ingredients you’ll need to make Cinnabons from scratch:
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons instant yeast
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the cinnamon filling:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- For the cream cheese frosting:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Now that we’re familiar with the basic ingredients, let’s dive in and learn how to store Cinnabons properly to ensure their freshness and flavor remain intact.
Before we begin the process of storing Cinnabons, let’s quickly go through the ingredients you’ll need:
– Leftover Cinnabons (or freshly baked Cinnabons)
– Plastic wrap or aluminum foil
– Airtight containers or resealable plastic bags
– Optional: Cream cheese frosting or icing
These are the basic ingredients you’ll need to store Cinnabons properly. Keep in mind that if you’ve just purchased Cinnabons from a bakery or made them from scratch, you may already have the necessary packaging materials.
To ensure the best quality and maintain the fresh taste of your Cinnabons, it’s important to follow the correct storage methods. Now let’s move on to the step-by-step process of storing Cinnabons.
Step 1: Preparing the Dough
The first step in making Cinnabons is preparing the dough. Follow these instructions:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, instant yeast, granulated sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and unsalted butter over low heat until the butter melts. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Add the milk and butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. You can do this by hand or using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover it with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it doubles in size.
Once the dough has risen, it’s time to move on to the next step: making the cinnamon filling.
Step 2: Making the Cinnamon Filling
The cinnamon filling is what gives Cinnabons their distinct and irresistible flavor. Here’s how you can make it:
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Mix well until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the softened unsalted butter to the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Stir until everything is well incorporated, and a smooth paste-like consistency is achieved.
Now that your cinnamon filling is ready, it’s time to move on to the next step: rolling and cutting the Cinnabons.
Step 3: Rolling and Cutting the Cinnabons
Now that you have your dough and cinnamon filling prepared, it’s time to roll and cut the Cinnabons. Follow these steps:
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle shape, approximately ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the cinnamon filling evenly over the rolled-out dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Starting from one end, tightly roll the dough into a log shape.
- Cut the rolled dough into individual cinnamon rolls, about 1.5 to 2 inches thick.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a greased baking dish, leaving some space in between each roll for them to expand as they bake.
Once you have rolled and cut the Cinnabons, it’s time to move on to the next step: preparing the cream cheese frosting.
Step 4: Preparing the Cream Cheese Frosting
The cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch for your Cinnabons. Here’s how you can prepare it:
- In a bowl, combine the softened unsalted butter and cream cheese. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the butter and cream cheese mixture. Beat together until the frosting is creamy and free of lumps.
Once your cream cheese frosting is ready, it’s time to move on to the next step: baking the Cinnabons.
Step 5: Baking the Cinnabons
With the Cinnabons rolled, cut, and the cream cheese frosting prepared, it’s time to bake them to golden perfection. Follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the baking dish with the Cinnabons into the preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the Cinnabons are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let the Cinnabons cool completely before moving on to the next step.
Once the Cinnabons have cooled down, it’s time to move on to the final step: cooling and storing them properly.
Step 6: Cooling and Storing the Cinnabons
Properly cooling and storing your Cinnabons is essential to preserve their freshness and flavor. Follow these steps to ensure they stay delicious:
- Allow the baked Cinnabons to cool completely on a wire rack. This will prevent condensation and maintain their texture.
- Once cooled, you have two options to store the Cinnabons:
- Option 1: Plastic Wrap: Individually wrap each Cinnabon tightly in plastic wrap to create an airtight seal. This method is ideal if you plan on consuming them within a day or two.
- Option 2: Airtight Container/Resealable Bag: Place the Cinnabons in an airtight container or resealable bag. This method is suitable for longer storage periods of up to 3-4 days.
By following these steps, you can store your Cinnabons properly and enjoy them for several days while maintaining their deliciousness.
Cinnabons are undoubtedly a delectable treat that can be enjoyed at any time of the day. Knowing how to properly store them ensures that you can savor their mouthwatering flavor even after they have been baked. Whether you have leftovers from a batch you made or purchased from a bakery, following the correct storage method is crucial to maintain their freshness.
From preparing the dough, making the cinnamon filling, rolling and cutting the Cinnabons, to baking them to golden perfection, each step plays a vital role in creating these irresistible treats. Once they have been baked, allowing them to cool completely is vital before storing them.
When it comes to storing the Cinnabons, you have the option of individually wrapping them in plastic wrap or placing them in an airtight container or resealable bag, both of which should be kept in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to indulge, simply retrieve a Cinnabon from the storage container, let it reach room temperature or reheat it for a few seconds in the microwave if desired, and enjoy the soft, gooey, cinnamon-filled goodness.
Remember, proper storage not only helps to maintain the flavor and freshness of the Cinnabons but also extends their shelf life, ensuring that you can enjoy them for several days.
Now that you have the knowledge on how to store Cinnabons correctly, you can easily preserve their irresistible taste and savor them whenever the craving strikes. So go ahead and treat yourself to these heavenly cinnamon rolls, knowing that you can enjoy their deliciousness for days to come.