Bedroom Accent Wall Ideas: 10 Ways To Create A Feature Wall
Modified: September 9, 2023
Looking for bedroom accent wall ideas? Discover 10 creative ways to create a stunning feature wall and maximize bedroom storage.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Table of Contents
Bedroom Accent Wall Ideas: 10 Ways to Create a Feature Wall
When it comes to designing your bedroom, one element that can instantly transform the space is a well-designed accent wall. An accent wall serves as a focal point and can add depth, texture, and personality to your bedroom. If you’re looking for creative and inspiring ideas to create a stunning feature wall in your bedroom, we’ve got you covered. Here are 10 unique accent wall ideas to consider:
1. Painted Stripes
One of the easiest and most versatile ways to create a statement wall is by painting bold, contrasting stripes. Whether you prefer horizontal or vertical stripes, this technique adds visual interest and can make your bedroom appear larger. Choose colors that complement your existing décor and use painter’s tape to achieve clean, straight lines.
Wallpaper has made a major comeback in recent years and offers an endless array of patterns, colors, and textures. Opt for an eye-catching wallpaper design to instantly transform your bedroom. From floral prints to geometric motifs, the possibilities are truly endless. Just make sure to choose a wallpaper that resonates with your personal style and complements the overall theme of your bedroom.
3. Geometric Shapes
If you’re seeking a modern and edgy look, consider adding geometric shapes to your accent wall. Use painter’s tape to create a unique pattern, such as triangles, hexagons, or chevrons, and paint them in contrasting colors to make them stand out. These geometric shapes can add a contemporary and dynamic element to your bedroom.
4. Textured Panels
Add depth and texture to your accent wall with textured panels. You can choose from an array of materials, such as wood, brick, or even faux stone, to create a visually stunning feature. Textured panels not only add visual interest but also provide tactile appeal and can make your bedroom feel warm and cozy.
5. Accent Wallpaper
If you’re not ready to commit to an entire wallpapered wall, consider using accent wallpaper. This involves selecting a smaller section of the wall, such as the area behind the bed or a specific architectural feature, and applying a bold wallpaper design to create a focal point. This is a great option for those who want to add a pop of color or pattern without overwhelming the space.
6. Wooden Planks
Add a rustic and organic touch to your bedroom by using wooden planks to create an accent wall. Whether you choose reclaimed wood, shiplap, or faux wood panels, this design element adds warmth and character to your space. The natural grain and texture of the wood create a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
7. Gallery Wall
If you’re a fan of art and photography, a gallery wall can be the perfect accent for your bedroom. Choose a collection of your favorite prints, photographs, or even mirrors, and arrange them in an eye-catching pattern. This not only adds visual interest but also allows you to showcase your personal style and memories.
If you want to create an accent wall that also serves a functional purpose, consider using mirrors. Mirrored accent walls can make your bedroom appear larger and reflect light, creating a bright and airy atmosphere. Choose large, decorative mirrors or arrange smaller mirrors in an interesting pattern to create a unique feature wall.
9. Mural or Wall Decals
Give your bedroom a dramatic and artistic flair by adding a mural or wall decals. Whether you choose a nature-inspired mural, a cityscape, or an abstract design, this bold statement wall will instantly become the focal point of your room. Wall decals are a great option if you want something temporary or easily changeable.
10. Fabric Upholstery
Add a touch of elegance and luxury to your bedroom with fabric upholstery. Create an upholstered accent wall behind your bed using your favorite fabric. This not only adds texture and softness to your space but also creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
Creating a stunning feature wall in your bedroom doesn’t have to be overwhelming. By incorporating one of these unique accent wall ideas, you can transform your space and add a touch of personality and style. Experiment with different materials, patterns, and colors to find the perfect accent wall that complements your bedroom’s aesthetic.
Painted stripes are a versatile and stylish way to create a stunning accent wall in your bedroom. Whether you want to make a bold statement or add subtle texture, striped walls can instantly transform the look and feel of your space. Here’s how you can achieve the perfect painted stripes:
- Choose your colors: Start by selecting the colors that will best complement your bedroom décor. Consider the existing color palette and choose two contrasting or complementary shades. For a more subtle look, choose shades within the same color family.
- Prepare the walls: Before painting, make sure the walls are clean, smooth, and properly primed. Fill any holes or cracks, and sand the surface if necessary. This will ensure a smooth and professional finish.
- Plan the layout: Measure and mark the wall to determine the width and spacing of your stripes. Use a level and painter’s tape to create clean lines. The width and spacing will depend on your personal preference and the size of your room.
- Painting the base coat: Start by applying a base coat of paint to the entire wall. This will serve as the background color for your stripes. Allow the paint to fully dry before moving on to the next step.
- Taping off the stripes: Use painter’s tape to mark off the areas that will remain the base color. Make sure the tape is securely pressed against the wall to prevent paint bleed. Double-check the tape to ensure straight lines and corners.
- Painting the stripes: Use a brush or roller to fill in the areas between the tape with your chosen accent color. Apply two coats of paint, allowing each coat to dry before applying the next. Remove the tape while the last coat is still slightly wet to ensure clean lines.
- Finishing touches: Once the paint is completely dry, inspect the wall for any touch-ups or imperfections. Use a small brush to fix any bleeding or uneven edges. Clean up any drips or smudges with a wet cloth.
Painted stripes can be a stunning addition to any bedroom, whether you choose bold, contrasting colors or subtle, monochromatic shades. They can create a sense of height, add visual interest, and make a dramatic impact in your space. Experiment with different widths, angles, and color combinations to achieve the desired effect.
Remember, the key to achieving flawless painted stripes is careful planning, proper execution, and attention to detail. Take your time, follow the steps, and you’ll have a beautiful accent wall that will transform your bedroom into a stylish and inviting space.
Wallpaper is a fantastic way to create a striking and personalized accent wall in your bedroom. With a vast array of patterns, colors, and textures available, wallpaper allows you to easily transform your space and infuse it with your unique style. Here’s how you can create a stunning wallpaper accent wall:
- Select the right wallpaper: Choose a wallpaper design that complements the overall theme and mood of your bedroom. Consider the colors, patterns, and textures in your existing décor, and find a wallpaper that enhances the aesthetic appeal of the space.
- Prepare the wall: Ensure that the wall is clean, smooth, and dry before applying the wallpaper. Remove any existing wallpaper or loose paint, and repair any imperfections on the surface. This will create a clean and even base for your wallpaper.
- Measure and cut: Measure the wall carefully and cut the wallpaper into strips that are slightly longer than the height of the wall. Allow for a few inches of overlap at the top and bottom to ensure a seamless application.
- Apply wallpaper adhesive: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to prepare the wallpaper adhesive. Using a roller or brush, apply the adhesive to the back of the wallpaper strips. Make sure to evenly distribute the adhesive, ensuring that all edges and corners are covered.
- Hang the wallpaper: Starting from the top of the wall, carefully hang the first strip of wallpaper, aligning it with the vertical edge of the wall. Smooth it out gently with a wallpaper smoother or a clean, dry cloth to remove any air bubbles or wrinkles. Continue hanging the remaining strips, ensuring that each piece lines up seamlessly with the previous one.
- Trim and clean up: Use a sharp utility knife to trim any excess wallpaper at the top and bottom of the wall. Gently wipe the wallpaper with a damp cloth to remove any excess adhesive. Allow the wallpaper to dry completely before moving on to the finishing touches.
Wallpaper can instantly elevate the look of your bedroom, adding texture, color, and pattern to your accent wall. Whether you prefer a bold and vibrant print or a subtle and elegant design, wallpaper allows you to express your personal style and create a focal point in your space.
For a cohesive look, consider adding complementary elements to the room, such as coordinating bedding, curtains, or accessories. This will help tie the accent wall into the overall design of the bedroom and create a harmonious and visually appealing space.
With wallpaper, the possibilities are endless. Whether you choose a modern geometric pattern or a delicate floral print, the key is to select a design that speaks to you and creates the desired atmosphere in your bedroom. So go ahead and explore the wonderful world of wallpaper to create a stunning accent wall that reflects your unique style and personality.
If you’re looking to add a modern and visually striking element to your bedroom, incorporating geometric shapes into your accent wall is the perfect solution. Geometric shapes can create a bold and dynamic look, infusing your space with a contemporary vibe. Here’s how you can achieve a stunning geometric accent wall:
- Choose your shape: Decide on the geometric shape you want to incorporate into your accent wall. Popular options include triangles, hexagons, chevrons, or a combination of different shapes. Consider the size and scale of your room and how you want the shapes to interact with the existing elements in your bedroom.
- Plan the layout: Use a pencil and a level to mark the positions of the shapes on your wall. You can create a precise grid or a more random placement, depending on your desired aesthetic. Experiment with different arrangements to find the perfect balance and harmony.
- Tape off the shapes: Use painter’s tape to outline the shapes on the wall, following the markings you made during the planning stage. Ensure that the tape is firmly pressed to the wall to achieve clean, sharp lines. Double-check your lines and corners to ensure accuracy.
- Paint the shapes: Once the tape is in place, use a brush or roller to paint the shapes in your chosen color(s). Consider using contrasting or complementary colors to make the shapes stand out. Apply two coats of paint, allowing each coat to dry thoroughly before proceeding to the next.
- Remove the tape: Carefully remove the painter’s tape while the paint is still slightly wet to avoid any peeling or smudging. Pull the tape at a 45-degree angle to ensure clean edges. If necessary, use a small brush to touch up any imperfections or bleed-through.
- Add finishing touches: Once the paint is completely dry, step back and assess your geometric accent wall. Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any dust or smudges. You can also enhance the look by adding metallic accents or stencil designs within the shapes for added visual interest.
A geometric accent wall is a fantastic way to add a contemporary and artistic touch to your bedroom. The clean lines and bold shapes can create a sense of movement and depth, transforming your space into a stylish and modern retreat.
Consider the overall color scheme and mood of your bedroom when choosing the colors for your geometric shapes. You can opt for vibrant and contrasting hues for a dramatic impact or stick to a monochromatic palette for a more understated yet elegant look.
Embrace creativity and experiment with different geometric shapes and colors to find a design that truly reflects your personal style. Whether you prefer a minimalist approach or a more intricate and vibrant design, a geometric accent wall will undoubtedly become a striking focal point in your bedroom.
Textured panels can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your bedroom’s accent wall. Whether you prefer the natural warmth of wood, the rugged charm of brick, or the sleek appeal of stone, textured panels can instantly transform your space. Here’s how you can create a stunning accent wall using textured panels:
- Select your desired texture: Decide on the type of textured panel you want to incorporate into your accent wall. Consider the style and theme of your bedroom. If you want a rustic and cozy feel, consider wooden panels. For an industrial touch, brick or concrete panels can work well. Alternatively, stone panels can create a sleek and refined look.
- Prepare the wall: Ensure that the wall is clean, dry, and properly prepped before installing the textured panels. Repair any imperfections on the surface and remove any existing wallpaper or loose paint. This will provide a smooth and even base for the panels.
- Measure and cut the panels: Measure the wall and cut the panels into the desired size. Use a saw or cutter that is appropriate for the material you are working with. Take into account any outlets or fixtures on the wall and make necessary cutouts.
- Apply adhesive: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to apply the appropriate adhesive to the back of the panels. Make sure to evenly distribute the adhesive and cover the entire surface. Use a trowel or a recommended tool to ensure a consistent layer of adhesive.
- Install the panels: Starting from one corner of the wall, carefully press the first panel onto the adhesive. Use a level to ensure that the panel is straight and aligned. Continue installing the remaining panels, ensuring a snug fit between each piece. Use spacers if needed to maintain consistent spacing.
- Finishing touches: Once all the panels are installed, inspect the wall for any loose or uneven panels. Use a rubber mallet or a gentle tap to secure any loose areas. Fill any gaps or seams with appropriate filler, then sand and paint if needed to achieve a seamless finish.
Textured panels can bring depth and visual interest to your bedroom, creating a unique and eye-catching accent wall. The texture of the panels adds a tactile element that can make your space feel warm and inviting.
When selecting textured panels, consider the overall aesthetic of your bedroom. Wooden panels can add a cozy and natural touch, while brick or stone panels can create an industrial or contemporary look. Choose a style that complements your existing décor and enhances the atmosphere you want to create.
With the right textured panels, you can transform your bedroom’s accent wall into a stunning focal point. Embrace the beauty of texture, and let it add a sense of character and sophistication to your space.
Accent wallpaper is a versatile and impactful way to create a stunning feature wall in your bedroom. It allows you to introduce bold patterns, vibrant colors, or subtle textures without overwhelming the entire room. If you’re looking to add a pop of personality to your space, here’s how you can create an accent wallpaper wall:
- Choose the right location: Decide on the specific area of your bedroom where you want to create the accent wall. Typically, this is the wall behind the bed or a focal point like a fireplace or a large window.
- Select the perfect wallpaper: Browse through various wallpaper options to find a design that speaks to your personal style. Consider the color scheme, pattern, and texture of the wallpaper. Whether you prefer a bold botanical print, a subtle geometric design, or a textured faux finish, choose a wallpaper that complements the overall aesthetic of your bedroom.
- Purchase the required amount: Measure the dimensions of your chosen wall and calculate the amount of wallpaper you’ll need. Be sure to add extra for pattern matching and potential mistakes during installation. Purchase the appropriate amount of wallpaper roll to ensure a seamless installation.
- Prepare the wall: Make sure the accent wall is clean, smooth, and free from any imperfections. If necessary, sand down any rough patches and fill in any holes or cracks. Apply a primer to create a smooth surface for the wallpaper to adhere to.
- Apply the wallpaper: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for applying the wallpaper. Typically, you’ll need to apply an adhesive to the back of the wallpaper or activate a pre-pasted option with water. Start at one end of the wall and carefully work your way across, smoothing out any air bubbles or wrinkles as you go.
- Trim and finish: Once the wallpaper is applied and dry, use a sharp utility knife to trim any excess along the edges. Be careful not to cut into the wall. Clean up any adhesive residue with a damp cloth, and ensure the wallpaper is securely adhered to the wall.
Accent wallpaper can instantly transform your bedroom, creating a focal point and adding visual interest. It allows you to inject your personal style into the space without committing to wallpapering the entire room.
Consider the overall color scheme and design theme of your bedroom when selecting the accent wallpaper. You can choose a wallpaper that complements your existing décor or one that acts as a statement piece, adding a bold and unexpected element to the room.
With accent wallpaper, you have the freedom to experiment with patterns, colors, and textures that reflect your individual taste. It’s an excellent opportunity to showcase your creativity and create a visually stunning feature in your bedroom.
Accentuating your bedroom with wooden planks creates a warm and rustic ambiance. Whether you choose reclaimed wood, shiplap, or faux wood panels, incorporating wooden planks into your accent wall creates a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Here’s how you can create a stunning accent wall using wooden planks:
- Choose the type of wood: Decide on the type of wood you want to use for your accent wall. Reclaimed wood adds a charming character with its weathered and aged look, while shiplap provides a more refined and uniform appearance. Faux wood panels are a convenient option that mimics the look of real wood without the maintenance.
- Prepare the wall: Ensure that the wall is clean and free of any debris. If needed, apply a coat of primer to create a smooth surface for the planks to adhere to. This step is especially crucial for painted walls to prevent any color bleed-through.
- Measure and cut the planks: Measure the length and height of your accent wall and cut the wooden planks accordingly. Leave a small gap between the planks to account for expansion due to changes in humidity.
- Apply adhesive: Apply a strong adhesive to the back of each wooden plank, ensuring even coverage. Starting at one corner of the wall, press the first plank firmly against the wall. Use a level to ensure the plank is straight. Continue with the remaining planks, staggering the joints for a seamless and natural look.
- Nail or screw the planks: For additional stability, you can secure the planks to the wall by nailing or screwing them in place. Place the nails or screws discreetly along the edges or where they won’t be easily noticeable.
- Finishing touches: Once all the planks are in place, fill in any gaps or holes with wood filler. Sand down any rough edges or imperfections and wipe the wall clean. You can choose to stain or paint the wooden planks to match your desired aesthetic or leave them in their natural state.
Wooden planks create a warm and inviting vibe in the bedroom, adding a touch of nature and texture to the space. They can be an excellent choice for creating a focal point behind your bed or for highlighting architectural features in the room.
Consider the overall style of your bedroom when choosing the wood for your accent wall. Reclaimed wood brings a rustic and vintage feel, while shiplap delivers a more contemporary and refined look. Faux wood panels offer a convenient alternative that retains the visual appeal of real wood.
The beauty of wooden planks is their versatility. You can keep the natural wood tones for a timeless look, or paint or stain them to match your desired color scheme. Additionally, you can complement the wooden accent wall with furnishings and décor that accentuate the rustic charm or create contrasting elements for a more eclectic touch.
By incorporating wooden planks into your bedroom’s accent wall, you can create a cozy and inviting space that showcases the natural beauty of wood. Let the warmth and texture of the wood transform your bedroom into a comfortable retreat.
A gallery wall is a creative and visually captivating way to transform your bedroom’s accent wall into a personalized and art-filled space. By curating a collection of your favorite prints, photographs, or artwork, you can create a unique and dynamic focal point. Here’s how you can create a stunning gallery wall:
- Select your artwork: Begin by collecting a variety of prints, photographs, artwork, or even mirrors. Choose pieces that reflect your personal style and create a cohesive theme or color palette for visual harmony.
- Plan the layout: Before hanging the artwork, lay it out on the floor or a large table to experiment with different arrangements. Consider the size and shape of each piece and how they will fit together. Arrange them according to a structured grid or a more organic and eclectic composition.
- Measure and mark: Once you have determined the layout, use a measuring tape and pencil to mark the placement of each piece on the wall. Use a level to ensure straight lines and evenly spaced arrangements.
- Hang the artwork: Start by hanging the centermost piece first, using your marked measurements as a guide. Use nails, hooks, or adhesive picture hanging strips to hang each piece securely. Take your time to ensure that each piece is level and evenly spaced.
- Experiment with arrangement: Don’t be afraid to make adjustments as you hang each piece. Experiment with spacing and positioning to find the right balance and visual flow. Step back and assess the arrangement from different angles to ensure a cohesive and pleasing display.
- Add a finishing touch: Once all the pieces are hung, step back and assess the gallery wall as a whole. Fill any empty spaces with smaller pieces or accessories, such as decorative objects or small shelves. You can also incorporate wall sconces or picture lights to highlight certain pieces.
A gallery wall adds personalization and character to your bedroom, creating a visual narrative and showcasing your unique taste and memories. It can also serve as a conversation starter and a source of inspiration each time you enter the room.
Consider the overall style and color scheme of your bedroom when choosing artwork for the gallery wall. You can opt for a cohesive theme, such as black and white photographs, nature-inspired prints, or a mix of different art styles and mediums for an eclectic feel.
When arranging the artwork, aim for visual balance and variety. Mix different sizes, orientations, and frame styles to add dimension and interest. Play with negative space and experiment with eye-catching combinations to create a visually engaging gallery wall.
A gallery wall is a versatile and ever-evolving design element. Feel free to swap out and add new pieces as your tastes and interests change over time. With each addition, your gallery wall will continue to grow and evolve, reflecting your journey and personal aesthetic.
Mirrors are not only functional but also excellent for creating an elegant and visually captivating accent wall in your bedroom. They can reflect light, create the illusion of space, and add a touch of glamour to your room. Here’s how you can incorporate mirrors to create a stunning accent wall:
- Choose the right mirrors: Consider the style and size of mirrors that will best complement your bedroom. You can opt for large statement mirrors or a collection of smaller ones arranged in an interesting pattern. Look for mirrors with unique frames or decorative details to enhance the visual appeal.
- Plan the layout: Before hanging the mirrors, lay them out on the floor or use paper templates to experiment with different arrangements. Consider the shape, size, and orientation of each mirror, and how they will interact with the surrounding décor.
- Measure and mark: Use a measuring tape and pencil to mark the placement of each mirror on the wall. Use a level to ensure straight lines and even spacing. Consider the overall composition and balance of the mirrors as you mark their positions.
- Hang the mirrors: Starting with the centermost mirror, hang each mirror securely using appropriate hanging techniques. Depending on the weight and size of the mirror, you may need wall anchors, screws, or picture hanging wire. Ensure each mirror is level and securely attached to the wall.
- Experiment with reflection: Consider positioning the mirrors in a way that maximizes their ability to reflect light and create the illusion of space. Place mirrors across windows or opposite light sources to bounce light around the room. You can also strategically position mirrors to reflect artwork, plants, or other decorative elements.
- Add finishing touches: Step back and assess your mirror accent wall. Adjust the positioning of any mirrors if necessary. Consider adding decorative elements around the mirrors, such as wall sconces, shelving, or artwork, to further enhance the visual impact.
Mirrors can have a transformative effect on your bedroom, amplifying light, and creating a luxurious atmosphere. They can also make the space appear larger, which is especially beneficial for smaller bedrooms or those lacking in natural light.
When selecting mirrors, consider the overall aesthetic of your bedroom. Choose mirrors that complement the existing décor and reflect your personal style. You can opt for sleek and modern designs, ornate and vintage-inspired frames, or even a mix of different mirror shapes and sizes for a more eclectic look.
Experiment with different arrangements and orientations to achieve the desired effect. A symmetrical arrangement of mirrors can create a sense of elegance and balance, while an asymmetrical composition can add a touch of whimsy. Be creative and have fun in designing your mirror accent wall.
By incorporating mirrors into your bedroom’s accent wall, you’ll not only enhance the visual appeal but also enjoy the practical benefits they offer. Let the mirrors reflect your style and create a captivating focal point in your bedroom.
Mural or Wall Decals
A mural or wall decals can instantly transform your bedroom’s accent wall into a work of art. Whether you want to create a nature-inspired scene, a whimsical design, or a captivating pattern, murals and wall decals offer endless possibilities for adding a unique and personalized touch to your space. Here’s how you can incorporate a mural or wall decals to create a stunning accent wall:
- Select your design: Choose a mural or wall decal design that resonates with your personal style and complements the overall aesthetic of your bedroom. Consider whether you want a large-scale mural that covers the entire wall or smaller decals that can be arranged in a pattern or composition.
- Prepare the wall: Ensure that the accent wall is clean, smooth, and free from any imperfections. Fill in any holes or cracks and sand down rough surfaces if necessary. This will ensure a flawless and even application of the mural or wall decals.
- Position and arrange: Lay out the mural or wall decals on the floor or use masking tape to position them on the wall. Experiment with different placements and compositions until you find the ideal arrangement. Take into account the scale and balance of the design as well as the surrounding elements in the room.
- Apply the mural or decals: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for applying the mural or wall decals. Ensure that the wall is clean and dry before starting. For murals, you may need wallpaper paste or adhesive. For wall decals, carefully peel off the backing and slowly apply them to the wall, smoothing out any air bubbles as you go.
- Smooth and seal: Once the mural or wall decals are applied, use a soft cloth or sponge to smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles. Pay attention to the edges and corners to ensure a seamless and professional finish. If necessary, apply a sealant to protect the mural or decals and enhance their longevity.
A mural or wall decals can become the focal point of your bedroom, adding personality and visual interest to the space. Whether you choose a bold and vibrant design or a subtle and intricate pattern, it’s an opportunity to express your creativity and make a unique statement.
Consider the overall theme and style of your bedroom when selecting a mural or wall decals. Decide whether you want it to complement or contrast with the existing décor. Whether you want to create a serene nature scene, an abstract composition, or a playful and whimsical design, choose a mural or decals that reflect your personal taste and enhance the desired atmosphere.
A mural or wall decals allow you to transform your accent wall without the commitment of permanent paint or wallpaper. They can be easily removed or changed when you decide to update your bedroom’s look and feel.
With a well-placed mural or carefully arranged wall decals, you can create a captivating and personalized accent wall that truly makes a statement in your bedroom.
Adding fabric upholstery to your bedroom’s accent wall is an elegant and luxurious way to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Whether you choose a rich velvet, a soft linen, or a textured fabric, upholstery can instantly transform your space and add a touch of comfort and sophistication. Here’s how you can incorporate fabric upholstery to create a stunning accent wall:
- Choose the right fabric: Consider the texture, color, and pattern of the fabric that will complement your bedroom’s aesthetic. Depending on the look you want to achieve, you can opt for a solid color, a subtle pattern, or even a bold and vibrant design. Select a fabric that suits your style and adds visual interest to the room.
- Measure and cut the fabric: Measure the dimensions of your accent wall and cut the fabric accordingly, allowing a few extra inches for hemming and securing. It’s essential to ensure accuracy in measurements to achieve a seamless and professional finish.
- Prepare the wall: Ensure that the wall is clean and free from any imperfections. Remove any existing wallpaper or loose paint, and repair any holes or cracks. This will provide a smooth and even surface for applying the fabric upholstery.
- Apply adhesive: Apply a fabric adhesive or starch to the wall, following the instructions provided. Make sure to evenly distribute the adhesive and cover the entire surface where the fabric will be applied.
- Install the fabric: Starting from one corner of the wall, carefully press the fabric onto the adhesive, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles as you go. Use a wallpaper smoother or a clean, dry cloth to achieve a flat and seamless result. Work your way across the wall, ensuring that the fabric is taut and properly aligned.
- Tuck and secure: Once the fabric is applied, carefully tuck the edges into the corners and edges of the wall. Use a small brush or spatula to create neat folds and ensure a clean finish. Secure the fabric with a staple gun or small nails to keep it in place.
- Finishing touches: Step back and assess your fabric-upholstered accent wall. Smooth out any remaining wrinkles or imperfections, and trim any excess fabric along the edges. Use a fabric-specific adhesive to secure any loose areas or to reinforce the fabric as needed.
Fabric upholstery on your accent wall adds a soft and inviting touch, adding warmth and texture to your bedroom. It provides a cozy backdrop that enhances the overall comfort and atmosphere of the space.
Consider the overall style and color scheme of your bedroom when selecting the fabric for your accent wall. You can choose a fabric that complements the existing décor or one that adds a contrasting pop of color or pattern. Experiment with different fabric textures to create the desired visual and tactile impact.
Fabric upholstery allows for versatility and customization. If you ever decide to change the look of your bedroom, you can easily remove the fabric and replace it with a new one. This flexibility makes fabric upholstery a practical choice that can evolve with your evolving style and preferences.
With fabric upholstery, you can create a cozy and elegant accent wall that enhances the overall ambiance of your bedroom. Dive into a world of beautiful fabrics and transform your space into a luxurious retreat.