What Do You Put In Easter Baskets
Modified: December 7, 2023
Looking for creative ideas for seasonal storage? Find out what to put in Easter baskets to make your holiday organization both fun and practical.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
When it comes to Easter, one of the most exciting traditions is the creation and gifting of Easter baskets. These beautifully arranged baskets are filled with an array of treats and surprises, making them a delight for both children and adults alike. But what exactly should you put in an Easter basket? In this article, we will explore a range of options to help you create the perfect Easter basket for your loved ones.
Easter baskets have evolved over the years to include a variety of items beyond the traditional chocolate eggs. While candy remains a popular choice, there are countless other options that can add an extra touch of excitement and uniqueness to your Easter gift. By incorporating a mix of candy, toys, art supplies, books, and more, you can create a personalized basket that will delight and surprise its recipient.
So, are you ready to dive into the world of Easter basket goodies? Let’s explore the different categories and find the perfect items to fill your Easter baskets this year!
No Easter basket is complete without an assortment of sweet treats. Candy is a classic addition to Easter baskets, and there are plenty of options to choose from. From chocolate eggs to jelly beans, here are a few popular choices:
- Chocolate Eggs: These small, foil-wrapped eggs are a staple of Easter baskets. Whether filled with creamy caramel, rich nougat, or smooth peanut butter, chocolate eggs are a tasty and indulgent treat.
- Jelly Beans: Colorful and bursting with flavor, jelly beans are a favorite among both children and adults. They come in a variety of flavors and can be mixed and matched to create a personalized assortment.
- Marshmallow Chicks: These adorable, fluffy marshmallow treats are shaped like chicks and are often coated in colorful sugar. They add a touch of whimsy to any Easter basket.
- Peeps: These iconic marshmallow candies are shaped like chicks or bunnies and are a beloved Easter staple. They are available in various colors and flavors, making them a fun addition to any basket.
- Gummy Candies: Gummy bears, worms, and other gummy candies are a chewy and flavorful option to include in an Easter basket. They come in a wide range of shapes, sizes, and flavors, making them a fun and versatile choice.
When choosing candy for your Easter basket, consider the preferences and dietary restrictions of the recipient. If they have any allergies or dietary restrictions, opt for candies that are free from allergens or cater to specific dietary needs. You can also mix and match different types of candy to create a diverse and exciting assortment.
Remember, while candy is a delicious treat, it’s important to enjoy it in moderation. Encourage balance and moderation by including a variety of other non-edible items in the Easter basket, such as toys, books, or art supplies.
- Create personalized Easter baskets by mixing candy, toys, art supplies, books, and more to delight recipients with surprises and delights that reflect their individual tastes and interests.
- Balance classic candy with non-edible treats like toys, books, outdoor activities, clothing, personal care items, and more to encourage creativity, stimulate the mind, and foster a love for learning and exploration.
Read more: What To Put In Adult Easter Baskets
Adding some fun toys to an Easter basket can bring an extra element of excitement and playfulness. Whether you’re creating a basket for a young child or an adult who is young at heart, here are some toy ideas to consider:
- Stuffed Animals: Soft, cuddly, and full of personality, stuffed animals are a timeless favorite. Choose a plush bunny, chick, or lamb to fit the Easter theme or opt for their favorite animal character.
- Miniature Figures: Action figures, dolls, or small figurines can add a touch of imagination and playfulness to an Easter basket. Look for characters from their favorite movie or TV show, or choose a set of mini animals or superheroes.
- Puzzles: Engage their minds with puzzles of various difficulty levels. From jigsaw puzzles to brain teasers, puzzles can provide hours of entertainment and help develop problem-solving skills.
- Building Blocks: Encourage creativity and fine motor skills with building blocks or construction sets. These can range from simple wooden blocks for younger children to more complex LEGO sets for older ones.
- Outdoor Toys: If the weather permits, consider adding outdoor toys to the Easter basket. Items like jump ropes, bubbles, frisbees, or sidewalk chalk can encourage physical activity and outdoor play.
When selecting toys for an Easter basket, consider the age and interests of the recipient. Choose toys that align with their hobbies, favorite characters, or developmental stages. It’s also a good idea to opt for toys that are durable and have a long-lasting appeal, so they can continue to enjoy them beyond Easter.
By including a variety of toys in an Easter basket, you can cater to different interests and ensure there’s something fun for everyone to enjoy.
For those who have a creative streak, adding art supplies to an Easter basket can spark their imagination and inspire artistic endeavors. Whether they are a budding artist or simply enjoy expressing themselves through art, here are some art supply ideas to consider:
- Markers and Colored Pencils: High-quality markers or colored pencils in a range of vibrant colors can bring drawings to life. Look for non-toxic options that are suitable for all ages.
- Paints and Brushes: Watercolor paints or acrylic paints paired with a set of brushes allow for endless artistic possibilities. Consider including a sketchbook or canvas for them to experiment on.
- Sketching Tools: Sketching pencils, charcoal sticks, or pastels can help them explore different drawing techniques and create detailed artworks.
- Craft Materials: Add a variety of craft supplies such as colorful paper, glitter, glue sticks, stickers, and scissors. These materials can be used for scrapbooking, card making, or other craft projects.
- Drawing Books: Look for art instruction books or coloring books that cater to their interests, whether it be animals, landscapes, or fantasy themes.
Art supplies can not only offer hours of entertainment but also provide a therapeutic outlet for self-expression. By adding art supplies to an Easter basket, you encourage creativity and imagination while allowing them to explore their artistic side.
For younger children, consider including art supplies that are age-appropriate and safe. Make sure to choose non-toxic materials and supervise their art sessions.
Whether they are a professional artist or just beginning their artistic journey, art supplies can be a thoughtful and inspiring addition to an Easter basket.
Books make for wonderful additions to Easter baskets, providing entertainment, knowledge, and the opportunity for quiet moments of reading. Whether the recipient is a child or an adult, you can find a wide variety of books to suit their interests. Here are some book ideas to consider:
- Children’s Picture Books: Choose colorful and engaging picture books that feature beloved characters, animals, or themes related to Easter. Look for books with engaging illustrations and age-appropriate stories.
- Chapter Books: For older children, consider adding chapter books that align with their reading level and interests. Look for adventure, mystery, or fantasy novels that will captivate their imagination.
- Fiction Novels: If you’re creating an Easter basket for an adult, consider adding a bestselling novel or their favorite genre. Whether it’s romance, science fiction, or thriller, a good book can provide hours of escapism and enjoyment.
- Cookbooks: For those who love spending time in the kitchen, consider including a cookbook with delicious Easter recipes or their favorite cuisine. This can inspire them to try out new dishes and explore their culinary skills.
- Self-Help or Inspirational Books: If the recipient enjoys personal growth or wants to explore new ideas, consider including a self-help or inspirational book. These types of books can offer guidance, motivation, and new perspectives.
When selecting books for an Easter basket, consider the recipient’s reading preferences, age, and interests. You can also add a personal touch by including a handwritten note or bookmark inside the book.
Books have the power to transport us to different worlds, ignite our imagination, and expand our knowledge. Adding a book or two to an Easter basket can spark a love for reading and provide enjoyable moments of relaxation and discovery.
Easter is a time of transition from the cold winter months to the blooming of spring. It’s the perfect opportunity to encourage outdoor play and exploration. Including outdoor activity items in an Easter basket can inspire recipients to embrace the great outdoors. Here are some ideas for outdoor activities:
- Sports Equipment: Include items like a soccer ball, baseball and gloves, frisbee, or a basketball hoop to encourage active play. These items can be enjoyed by children and adults alike.
- Bicycling Gear: If the recipient enjoys biking, consider adding accessories such as a bike bell, helmet, or bike lights. Encourage them to hit the road or explore local parks and trails.
- Gardening Tools: Foster a love for nature and gardening by adding small gardening tools, seeds, or a plant kit. This allows them to create their own little garden and learn about nurturing plants.
- Kites: Let their spirits soar with a colorful kite. Flying a kite provides a fun and magical experience, especially on a breezy spring day at the park or the beach.
- Nature Exploration Kit: Create a small kit with essentials such as a magnifying glass, binoculars, a journal, and a field guide. This encourages them to observe and explore the natural world around them.
Outdoor activities not only provide opportunities for physical exercise but also allow individuals to connect with nature and stimulate their senses. They can enjoy the fresh air, soak up the sunshine, and appreciate the beauty of the world around them.
Consider the recipient’s personal interests and hobbies when selecting outdoor activity items. Whether they prefer sports, gardening, or exploring nature, there are various options to cater to their preferences.
Including outdoor activities in an Easter basket promotes an active and healthy lifestyle while fostering a love for the outdoors. It’s a perfect way to celebrate the arrival of spring!
Consider including a variety of items in Easter baskets such as chocolate eggs, small toys, books, and art supplies. Tailor the contents to the recipient’s age and interests for a personalized touch.
Read more: What To Put In Teens’ Easter Baskets
Clothing and Accessories
Looking to add some practical and stylish items to an Easter basket? Consider including clothing and accessories that not only make great gifts but also serve a functional purpose. Here are some ideas to consider:
- T-shirts: Choose t-shirts with Easter-themed designs or featuring the recipient’s favorite characters or hobbies. This adds a festive touch to their wardrobe.
- Hats: A stylish hat can protect them from the sun while adding a fashionable flair to their outfits. Consider including a floppy sun hat or a baseball cap.
- Sunglasses: Help them stay protected from the sun’s rays with a pair of sunglasses. Look for UV protection and choose a style that matches their personality.
- Jewelry: Add a touch of sparkle to their Easter basket with a piece of jewelry. Consider necklaces, bracelets, or earrings that match their style and preferences.
- Socks: Everybody needs socks! Look for fun and colorful socks with patterns or designs that reflect the recipient’s interests or the Easter theme.
- Scarves: For cooler spring days, a soft scarf can be a fashionable and practical addition. Look for lightweight scarves in vibrant colors or patterns.
When choosing clothing and accessories for an Easter basket, consider the recipient’s personal style, preferences, and any specific needs they may have. Take into account their favorite colors, patterns, or themes to ensure that the items you choose will be well-received and appreciated.
Incorporating clothing and accessories into an Easter basket adds a touch of fashion and functionality to the celebrations. These items can be enjoyed long after Easter, becoming staple pieces in their wardrobe.
Personal Care Items
Instead of traditional Easter treats, consider including personal care items in an Easter basket. These practical and thoughtful gifts can help recipients pamper themselves and practice self-care. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Bath and Body Products: Include bath bombs, scented soaps, or shower gels in refreshing fragrances. These items provide a luxurious bathing experience and leave the skin feeling soft and rejuvenated.
- Face Masks: Treat their skin to a spa-like experience with face masks. There are various types available, such as sheet masks, clay masks, or overnight masks, catering to different skin needs.
- Essential Oils: Introduce them to the world of aromatherapy by gifting a set of essential oils. These can be used in diffusers, baths, or as massage oils, promoting relaxation and a calming ambiance.
- Nail Care Products: Help them achieve a salon-worthy manicure at home with nail care essentials. Include items like nail polish, nail files, hand creams, and cuticle oils.
- Lip Balms and Lip Scrubs: Keep their lips soft and moisturized with nourishing lip balms or exfoliating lip scrubs. These are perfect for combating dryness and maintaining smooth lips.
- Hair Accessories: Add hair accessories such as scrunchies, hair clips, or headbands to their Easter basket. These can be both practical and stylish, adding a fun element to their everyday hairstyles.
Personal care items in an Easter basket provide an opportunity for recipients to indulge in self-care and enhance their well-being. These items promote relaxation, nourishment, and an overall sense of rejuvenation.
Consider the recipient’s preferences and any specific skincare or beauty concerns they may have when selecting personal care items. Choose products that are made with natural ingredients and are suitable for their skin or hair type.
By including personal care items in an Easter basket, you’re not only providing practical gifts but also encouraging recipients to prioritize their self-care routine.
While candy and sweet treats are commonly associated with Easter, there are plenty of non-edible options that can make for exciting and unique gifts in an Easter basket. These non-edible treats can provide fun, entertainment, and lasting enjoyment. Here are some ideas to consider:
- Board Games: Add an element of friendly competition to Easter celebrations with a board game. Choose a game suitable for all ages and interests, ensuring hours of entertainment for the whole family.
- Puzzles: Challenge their mind and problem-solving skills with puzzles of various difficulty levels. From jigsaw puzzles to brain teasers, puzzles offer engaging and stimulating entertainment.
- Art and Craft Kits: Encourage their creativity with art and craft kits. These kits come in various themes and include all the necessary materials and instructions to complete a project.
- Stickers and Sticker Books: Delight them with a collection of stickers or a sticker book. They can use these to decorate notebooks, scrapbooks, or personalize their belongings.
- Collectibles: Add a touch of excitement with collectibles such as trading cards, action figures, or mini figurines. These items can be from their favorite movies, TV shows, or game franchises.
- DIY Science Kits: Inspire their curiosity with DIY science kits, allowing them to conduct experiments and learn about various scientific principles in a hands-on way.
When selecting non-edible treats for an Easter basket, consider the interests and hobbies of the recipient. Choose items that align with their preferences, providing them with long-lasting enjoyment beyond Easter.
Non-edible treats offer a diverse range of options, encouraging creativity, critical thinking, and good old-fashioned fun. By incorporating these items in an Easter basket, you can create a memorable and exciting gift.
Easter baskets are a cherished tradition that brings joy and excitement to both children and adults. By carefully selecting the items to include in an Easter basket, you can create a personalized and delightful gift that will be cherished and enjoyed. From candy and toys to art supplies, books, outdoor activities, clothing and accessories, personal care items, and non-edible treats, the options are endless.
When filling an Easter basket, consider the interests, preferences, and age of the recipient. Choose a mix of items that will cater to their individual tastes and bring a smile to their face. By incorporating a variety of elements, you can ensure that the Easter basket is filled with surprises and delights that will be appreciated long after the Easter festivities have ended.
Remember, while candy is a classic addition to Easter baskets, it’s important to balance it with other non-edible treats and gifts. Including toys, books, art supplies, and outdoor activities encourages creativity, stimulates the mind, promotes physical activity, and fosters a love for learning and exploration.
Whether you’re creating an Easter basket for a child, a teenager, or an adult, the key is to add a personal touch and make it a reflection of their personality and interests. Take the time to consider their hobbies, favorite characters, or specific needs to create a truly memorable Easter gift.
As you prepare to assemble your Easter baskets, let your creativity and imagination soar. Dive into the world of colorful candies, engaging toys, and exciting surprises. Create baskets that will bring smiles, laughter, and joy to those who receive them. Embrace the spirit of Easter and the joy of gift-giving as you celebrate this special holiday with loved ones.
Wishing you a happy and delightful Easter!
Frequently Asked Questions about What Do You Put In Easter Baskets
Was this page helpful?
At Storables.com, we guarantee accurate and reliable information. Our content, validated by Expert Board Contributors, is crafted following stringent Editorial Policies. We're committed to providing you with well-researched, expert-backed insights for all your informational needs.