20 Best Battery Storage Case (2022 Edition)
Modified: February 7, 2023
Proper care and storage is required for batteries to last long. Consider getting one of these battery storage cases to keep them in tiptop condition.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Blackouts happen at the most unexpected times. Even though we can expect one during typhoons and snowstorms—just like what happened last February where millions of people in Texas experienced major power outages because of a strong winter storm—we don’t know exactly when the next blackout will occur. Be prepared by making sure your home emergency kit is filled with extra batteries. Also, don’t forget to buy a good battery storage case to ensure your batteries won’t run out of charge.
Although the best practice is to keep batteries in their unopened, original packaging, we have to take one or two batteries from the pack at some point. Is it ok to leave the extra unused batteries in an opened pack? No, you should move your to a storage case to keep them in top condition. These storage cases are often made of waterproof materials, so they help prevent moisture and water from damaging your batteries.
Proper Care and Storing of Batteries
Having a battery storage case is only the bare minimum to prevent leaks and short circuits. Certain precautionary measures should be done to keep your batteries at their maximum performance. Get to know more about proper battery care and storage with these helpful tips below:
Store at Room Temperature
Make sure that the battery storage case is stored in a dry, cool place. Ideally, the room temperature should be at 15 degrees Celsius or lower. However, this doesn’t mean you should store your batteries in your fridge. This will only do more harm than good because refrigerators have high humidity levels. If a battery is left inside a fridge for a long time, the batteries will start to corrode and leak inside your fridge, putting your food at risk of contamination.
Avoid Mixing Old and New Batteries
You probably think only one of the batteries is busted every time your tv remote control runs out of power. Even if this is the case, you always have to replace both batteries with new ones. It’s not good to mix old and new batteries because this can cause the device to short circuit. Don’t worry, if the other battery is still working, you can still use it for later, as long as you temporarily store it in a battery case.
Leave Rechargeable Batteries at 40%
If a discharged battery is left indefinitely in a box, then it might fail to charge the next time. This is why most cameras with rechargeable lithium-ion batteries should have a charge percentage of at least 40% before storage. This allows the battery to slowly discharge in your battery storage case.
Avoid Metal Contact
One of the things that you’ll probably bring on a camping trip is a pack of batteries. If you are bringing these with you, don’t put them in your pockets. Doing so could cause the batteries to overheat and leak—especially if you have coins in your pocket. Coins are made of metal, and metal is the number one cause of short circuits in batteries. It’s best to store batteries in organizer cases that are made of plastic, wood, or glass.
20 Best Battery Storage Cases
Now that you know how to properly store your batteries, the next step is to shop storage cases. It’s not enough to put them in a wooden drawer or a plastic container. You have to keep them in a proper case to prolong their lifespan. Here, we have listed some of the best battery storage cases to buy in 2022.
Portable Battery Storage Bags:
If you own different types of batteries, you can put them all in one storage case. Just remember that each battery type should be separated from one another to prevent them from short-circuiting. If you need a multi-battery storage case, then choose this battery carrying case bag. It has an inner foam with pre-cut battery slots, and it’s made of hard EVA foam material that is waterproof and shockproof. This could help protect the batteries inside.
- Shockproof case
- Removable pre-cut inner foam
- 4 extra pockets
- Holds up to 148 batteries
- This item has a measurement of 10.6 inches x 8.9 inches x 3.4 inches
- Extra pockets can be used for your unopened battery packs
- The bag has a convenient handle for travel use
- Easily store your batteries with its pre-cut inner foam
- It has a chemical smell at first
We have heard stories about how batteries exploded and caused a dangerous fire. Although it’s common in lithium batteries, it can happen to alkaline batteries too. To prevent such accidents, choose a multi-battery storage case that is not only waterproof but also fireproof. This storage case above is a good example as it is made of silicone-coated fiberglass. It’s a material that can withstand high-temperature levels so your batteries are less likely to explode.
- Large capacity battery storage case
- Double-zipper bag
- Inner foam cut-outs
- Available in two sizes: Medium (139 batteries) and Large (199 batteries)
- The bag has a measurement of 14.6 inches x 10.6 inches x 3 inches
- It has a durable, rubber handle
- Includes a small pouch for dead batteries
- Light enough to carry everywhere
- It also has a strong chemical smell
Whenever we bring extra batteries during camping trips, they always end up getting jumbled in your bag. Keep them organized by buying this battery storage box. Just like most storage cases, it has pre-cut padded foam and a shockproof case. But what sets it apart is that it has a top convoluted foam for added protection. Moreover, it has an O-ring seal and two tight locks to secure the batteries inside.
- Durable Copolymer-Polypropylene shell
- O-ring seal
- Shockproof case
- Made of EVA materials
- This item measures 10.5 inches x 7.8 inches x 3.8 inches
- Holds different battery types
- O-ring seal keeps your batteries dry
- Includes a handy battery tester
- The case is quite heavy
A GoPro is a must-have camera if you are a travel junkie and you love to blog about your adventures. Since you will bring it everywhere with you, you need a handy bag to store your GoPro camera and its accessories. Fortunately, the TXesign camera bag is specially designed for this. It has mesh pockets for the batteries, and it has enough room to keep a GoPro camera and charger. Also, since it has a zipper design, you can easily take out the items inside.
- Convenient zipper design
- Small, portable case
- Mesh pockets for the batteries
- Made of nylon
- This item measures 6.7 inches x 3 inches x 1.5 inches
- Small enough for travel use
- Mesh pockets securely hold your camera battery
- Multiple camera batteries can fit inside
- Some DSLR batteries can’t fit in the mesh pockets
Since the functionality of your camera heavily depends on its battery, you have to properly take care of it. One way you can prolong your camera’s battery life is by storing it in a battery case. Consider choosing the LENSGO case as it has a molded rubber interior that is not only used for storing camera batteries, but also for storing memory cards. This camera battery storage case is made of high-quality polycarbonate resin, which is a strong, fabric material.
- Ergonomic snap lock
- Molded rubber interior lining
- Waterproof case
- Hard case, shell-type
- This item measures 16.2 cm x 9.8 cm x 3.9 cm
- Comes with an easy-carry carabiner clip
- Has a seal strip to protect the contents inside
- Tailored to fit battery and card slots
- It’s heavier than it looks
Plastic Battery Storage Cases:
If you only use AA and AAA batteries, then it’s enough to own a simple one such as this battery storage case. Another good choice would be the Whizzotech AA Battery Holder. This storage case has a clear, see-through design so you’ll know easily if you are already running low on batteries. What’s more, it includes 6 bonus stickers that can be used as reminder markings. You can use these markings to label the batteries according to their condition.
- Has reminder markings and stickers
- Waved dividers
- Snap-lock design
- The package includes 6 storage cases
- Each case measures 67 mm by 60 mm by 18 mm
- Waved dividers keep batteries organized
- Can fit inside a small backpack
- Two cases can be linked together
- It’s not a waterproof case
Isn’t it annoying to hear the batteries clinking together in your bag? Say goodbye to those irritating “click-clack” noises with this AA battery storage case. This portable storage case is lined with a foam-molded material that helps keep the batteries in place and prevents them from making a rattling sound. Plus, it has a slim, compact design so it will fit nicely in your bag.
- Molded liner
- Double-locking clasps
- Rugged case
- Holds 8 AA batteries
- Each case measures 4.5 inches (L) x 3 inches (W) x 0.9 inches (H)
- Portable design; ideal for travel use
- Has a crush-proof exterior
- The molded liner keeps batteries apart from each other
- Locking clasps are quite thin
You should always keep extra stocks of 9V batteries in your emergency kit. You are going to need them for your smoke detectors to work properly. To ensure those 9V batteries will last longer, store them in this plastic portable case. It features a sleek, compact design that helps save space. Moreover, this 9V battery storage case has traction feet underneath, so it won’t slip even on a smooth surface.
- Traction feet
- Crush-proof case
- Molded liner
- Holds 4 9V batteries
- This storage case measures 4.4 inches x 3 inches x.88 inches
- Fits in small drawers, pockets, and bags
- Molded liner separates the batteries from each other
- No “click-clack” noise
- Flimsy clasps
Probably, you’ve kept several heavy-duty flashlights at home as they would be very useful during emergencies. However, they are completely useless if you don’t have working C or D batteries on hand. To ensure these batteries won’t run out of charge, place them in this clear storage box. It comes with a couple of plastic dividers that are useful for separating live and dead batteries. This is a small, compact storage case, ideal for both travel and home use.
- Clear, see-through case
- High impact plastic
- Snap lid design
- The package includes 4 storage cases
- Holds up to 8 C & D batteries
- Compact design; fits in small bags and drawers
- Plastic dividers are movable
- Impact-resistant plastic helps protect the batteries
- Limited storage space
Here’s another camera battery storage case on the list! If you think a nylon bag is enough and you want extra protection for your camera batteries, then consider getting this clear storage case! Although simple, this case is enough to protect the batteries from water. You’ll find this useful, especially if you are planning on a creative, rain photoshoot. What’s more, the plastic is scratch-resistant, thus this storage case can last for almost a lifetime.
- Scratch-resistant plastic
- “Click-n-Snap” lock design
- Clear design
- Holds 1 DSLR battery or 3 AA batteries or 4 AAA batteries
- This item measures 2.5 inches x 2 inches x 1 inch
- You can squeeze it in small camera bags
- Waterproof plastic offers added protection
- Portable design; great for travel use
- Size is quite big for some camera batteries
Wall Mountable Battery Storage Cases:
Who knew batteries could also be used as home decorative pieces? With this unique battery ladder, you can display your batteries on the desk or mount them on the wall. It’s a storage case with a peculiar S-shaped design, and it is stackable! You can turn it into a tower stand and use it as a home decor piece. In addition to that, this home battery storage case is made of durable plastic that could last for years.
- Unique S-shaped design
- Durable plastic
- Compact design
- Holds either 20 AA batteries or 28 AAA batteries
- Overall dimensions are 5-⅛ inches x 2-¼ inches x 3 inches deep
- Designed to dispense batteries
- Space-saving storage case
- Doubles as a home decor piece
- It might wobble when it’s mounted on the wall
You can store our batteries in the drawer to avoid them from cluttering our desks, but this would make them difficult to find during a blackout. Make them more accessible with this multi-battery storage case. Since this is another wall-mountable organizer, it’s now easier to obtain live batteries during emergencies. To ensure the batteries won’t fall off, this storage case has angled slots. This will keep them upright even if the case is mounted on a wall.
- Angled battery slots
- Compact design
- Holds up to 110 batteries
- This item measures 11 inches x 6 inches x 1 inch
- Open design; makes it easier to know when to restock
- Includes a removable battery tester
- Plastic material looks cheap
Looking for a more secured storage case for batteries? If that’s the case, then consider choosing the Reeyox Battery Organizer. It has a durable hard plastic cover that protects the batteries from dust and dirt. Plus, this storage case has a compact design so it will fit in small drawers and tight wall spaces. Use it to prevent the batteries from cluttering at home.
- Compact, slim design
- 2-in-1 storage case
- Holds up to 93 batteries
- This item measures 12 inches x 7 inches x 2.5 inches
- Clear design; easier to know if batteries are running low
- Holds different kinds of batteries
- Lightweight storage case
- Not all button-sized batteries can fit
Worried that the batteries might fall on the ground after mounting them on the wall? Worry no more! This storage organizer has clip-in slots for different types of batteries. Even if you try to flip it upside down, the batteries won’t fall out from the case! Just like most multi-storage cases for batteries, this one also comes with a battery tester. Use the tester to know which batteries you should keep or throw away.
- Clip-in compartments
- Clear transparent cover
- Made of Premium ABS plastic
- This item measures 12 inches (L) x 7-¼ inches (W) x 2-½ inches (H)
- Compact, slim design helps save space
- Click-in slots help secure batteries
- Universal battery tester included
- Quite difficult to mount on a wall
Now here’s a multifunctional battery organizer. Not only is it designed for travel because of its portable handle, but it is also wall-mountable! Plus, it’s small enough to be tucked inside a drawer. You will also love how it has a small compartment underneath the battery tester. Use this extra space to store your other hardware essentials.
- Convenient handle
- See-through cover
- Multiple battery slots
- Holds 100 batteries
- This item measures 11 inches (L) x 2.75 inches (W) x 10 inches (H)
- Offers more storage space
- Portable; ideal for travel
- Space-saving wall-mountable design
- Needs to be handled with care to prevent the plastic from cracking
Storage Cases for LiPo Batteries:
Do you use drones for photography? If you do, you should have this LiPo battery storage case. With its portable design, you can bring it anywhere with you. Whether it is a travel blog or a simple outdoor photoshoot, use this bag to safely charge your drones. Moreover, it is made of silicone-coated fiberglass which is a fire-retardant material. This can help prevent the LiPo batteries from exploding.
- Collapsible bag
- Double zippers
- Fire-retardant fabric
- Holds 4 to 6 Li-Po batteries
- This item measures 7.87 inches x 3.94 inches x 3.15 inches
- Lined with aluminum foil to block heat
- Fire-proof bag
- Has inner mesh pockets
- Zippers are quite difficult to open/close
If you are bringing the whole production team with you, you probably need a much bigger LiPo safe bag. Luckily, this one is large enough to hold up to 20 small LiPo batteries. What’s great about this safe bag is that it has a side hole with a Velcro cover. Use the hole to conveniently charge your LiPo batteries. Furthermore, it has a handle and shoulder strap, making it a good travel bag for outdoor photoshoots
- Easy carry handle and shoulder strap
- Fireproof fiberglass fabric
- Dual zipper
- Weighs 215 grams
- It has a measurement of 21.5 inches x 16.5 inches x 14.5cm inches
- The fire-retardant fabric keeps LiPo batteries safe
- Lightweight bag; ideal for travel use
- Side hole for convenient charging
- The bag is smaller in person
People Who Search For Battery Storage Case Also Search For
If you are only a one-man team, then this mini LiPo charging bag is enough. It has all the basic components that a LiPo safe bag needs: it’s made of fire-retardant fiberglass nylon and has a two-way zipper to secure the battery inside. For added protection, it has a Velcro closure on top.
- Fire retardant nylon
- Heavy-duty Velcro closure
- Weight: 160 grams
- Size: 110 mm x 110 mm x 70 mm
- Small, handy LiPo battery bag
- Zippers and Velcro closure helps secure the batteries
- Both interior and exterior are made of fire-retardant material
- Only short LiPo batteries can fit
Owning a Mavic 2 Pro is a good choice if your goal is to shoot high-quality 4K videos. Just don’t forget to purchase a lipo battery storage case if you plan to shoot outdoors. Fortunately, the Arzroic LiPo bag is specially made for a Mavic 2 Pro LiPo battery. Although it’s custom-made, other Mavic drone batteries can fit in it. Just like most LiPo bags, it’s made of fireproof fabric so rest assured your drones’ batteries are safe from fires and explosions.
- Advanced fiberglass fabric
- Velcro closure
- The package includes 3 LiPo bags
- Each bag measures 4.72 inches x 3.5 inches x 0.71 inch
- Fiberglass fabric keeps lithium batteries safe
- Ideal for travel use
- Fabric is a quite thin
Do you love Batman? If you do, then you will definitely love this battery safe box! It’s a must-have collector’s item for Batman fans. This is also great if you love drone photography. This safe box is made of fireproof wall steel and fiberglass so it’s a good storage case for LiPo batteries. Moreover, it has a convenient removable charger stand!
- Unique Batman design
- Fireproof double-wall steel
- Overall dimensions: 8 inches x 5.25 inches x 4.5 inches
- Weight: 1.49 lb
- The box has a built-in convenient handle
- Has a flame arrestor to filter smoke and soot
- Locking latch secures the batteries inside
- Limited storage space
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long are batteries good for in storage?
It depends on how the battery was manufactured. But to give you an idea, alkaline batteries such as AA and AAA batteries usually last for 10 years. Meanwhile, rechargeable batteries like lithium and Ni-MH batteries have a shelf life of 3 to 4 years.
Is it alright to store batteries together?
Yes, but the batteries should be kept apart from each other to prevent them from short-circuiting. A battery is more likely to explode if it is in contact with a metal object so avoid tossing them hastily in your drawers. Store them first in a battery organizer before putting them in drawers and cabinets. As an extra precaution, don’t forget to cover the batteries’ terminals with electrical tape too. This will help the batteries from leaking.
Should you store your batteries in a fridge?
The short answer is no. Even though most people are doing it because it is believed to prolong a battery’s shelf life, it will only do more harm than good. Placing batteries in the fridge can cause the batteries to corrode. Furthermore, the cold temperature and high moisture levels in refrigerators hinder the efficiency of a battery.
Whether it is a regular battery or a rechargeable battery (ex. a LiPo battery), all of them tend to leak if left inside a device for a long time. One way you can prevent leakage is to take out the batteries whenever the device is not used. Also, don’t put them back in their original plastic packaging and mix them with the new, unused batteries. Instead, store used batteries in a separate storage case. If you don’t want your battery cases to clutter, consider having one of these storage cabinets. These cabinets can help keep your emergency essentials organized at home.