How To Fix The Error Code F24 For Maytag Dryer
Modified: December 7, 2023
Learn how to fix the error code F24 on your Maytag dryer with these helpful articles. Resolve the issue quickly and get your dryer back up and running.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Is your Maytag dryer displaying the error code F24? Read on to find out what this error code means and how you can easily fix it!
Maytag dryers are known for their reliability and high performance, but every now and then, they may encounter issues. One such issue is the error code F24, which specifically relates to the outlet thermistor malfunctioning. Let’s dive deeper into what this error code means and how you can resolve it.
Understanding the Error Code F24
The error code F24 on your Maytag dryer indicates a problem with the outlet thermistor. The thermistor is responsible for monitoring the temperature of the dryer’s outlet air. When it detects any irregularities or deviations from the desired temperature range, it triggers the F24 error code.
This error code is closely related to the F23 error code, which refers to the inlet thermistor malfunction. However, in the case of the F24 error, it specifically points to issues with the outlet thermistor.
- The F24 error code on a Maytag dryer indicates a malfunctioning outlet thermistor, but you can easily resolve it by checking, replacing, and resetting the thermistor. Safety first, though – seek professional help if needed!
- If you encounter the F24 error on your Maytag dryer, don’t panic! Follow the simple troubleshooting steps provided to address the issue. Remember, safety is paramount, and professional assistance is always available if needed.
How to Fix the Error Code F24
If your Maytag dryer is displaying the F24 error code, don’t worry! You can easily resolve this issue with a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check the Outlet Thermistor: The first step is to inspect the outlet thermistor, which is typically located near the dryer’s exhaust vent. Look for any visible signs of damage or loose connections. If you find any issues, such as a broken or shorted thermistor, it will need to be replaced.
- Replace the Outlet Thermistor: If the outlet thermistor is damaged or faulty, you’ll need to replace it. Contact your local appliance store or Maytag service center to purchase a new thermistor specifically designed for your dryer model. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to safely install the new thermistor.
- Reset the Dryer: After replacing the outlet thermistor, it’s essential to reset the dryer’s control panel. Unplug the dryer from its power source for a few minutes, then plug it back in. Turn on the dryer and see if the F24 error code is cleared.
- Double-Check the Connections: Ensure that all electrical connections related to the outlet thermistor are secure and properly connected. Loose or damaged connections can lead to recurring error codes, so it’s crucial to double-check and tighten any loose wires.
- Call for Professional Help: If you’ve followed the above steps and the F24 error code continues to persist, it’s advisable to consult a professional dryer technician. They will have the necessary expertise and tools to diagnose the problem accurately and provide the most suitable solution.
Remember, safety should always be a top priority when dealing with any electrical appliance. If you’re unsure or uncomfortable performing any troubleshooting steps, it’s best to seek professional assistance.
Check the exhaust vent for any obstructions or blockages. Clean the vent and ensure it is not kinked or crushed. This can often resolve the F24 error code on a Maytag dryer.
The F24 error code for Maytag dryers indicates a problem with the outlet thermistor. By following the steps mentioned above, you should be able to diagnose and fix the issue on your own in most cases. However, if the error code persists, it’s recommended to consult a professional technician to ensure a thorough and accurate resolution.
With these troubleshooting tips, you can now confidently address the F24 error code on your Maytag dryer and get back to enjoying its exceptional performance once again!
Frequently Asked Questions about How To Fix The Error Code F24 For Maytag Dryer
Was this page helpful?
At Storables.com, we guarantee accurate and reliable information. Our content, validated by Expert Board Contributors, is crafted following stringent Editorial Policies. We're committed to providing you with well-researched, expert-backed insights for all your informational needs.