25 Best Cigar Humidors for Long-Term Storage
Modified: December 6, 2023
Are you looking for a humidor that you can use to store your cigars? If yes, check out these exquisite humidors, ideal for both home and travel!
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Cigars are iconic, both on and off the big screen. Growing up, you always see extremely wealthy mafia bosses smoking that roll of tobacco in every Hollywood film. However, Hollywood is not the only reason why cigars became a status symbol of the rich.
Premium cigars (also known as Cuban cigars) are difficult to obtain. They are not readily available in your local supermarket, and you can only buy them if you visit Cuba yourself. This means owning a pack of premium cigars means you are a big shot with many powerful connections. Though these are manufactured from high-quality materials, they can decay easily because the materials used are organic. You have to keep them fresh by storing them in a humidor.
What Is A Humidor?
Just like wine and Scotch, cigars require proper storage and maintenance for them to age well. Once you perfectly age your cigars, you will be rewarded by a rich, sweet, and smoky flavor. Fortunately, you can now buy various humidors that you can use to store your premium cigars.
So, how does a humidor work? It has a humidifying system that keeps the humidity at an ambient level. Humidors ensure that your cigars are moist enough to be lit up.
Read more: How To Store Cigars In Humidor
Humidor Buying Guide
You’ll never know when you are going to get a hold of such premium cigars again, so store them properly by buying the right humidor. However, you probably have no idea what to look for if it’s your first time buying a humidifier. To help you decide, here are a few things you should consider before you start shopping.
Since you are only starting out, you may want to invest in a small tabletop humidor first. It doesn’t take too much room space; most of them are decorative accent pieces that could help beautify your room. Just make sure not to choose an overly small humidor as it could affect the overall condition of the cigars. Remember that cramping several cigars into one box could ruin their flavor. The box should be large enough for air to flow around the cigars.
On some occasions, you’ll probably want to bring your cigars with you. If that’s the case, it would be great to choose a travel humidifier. Although you can only fit a couple of cigars inside one, it is still better to bring a travel humidifier since it is portable and easy to carry anywhere. Sometimes, it even comes with extra accessories such as cutters and lighters.
When looking into the material of a humidor, check if it has good insulating properties. This means that it should have a tight seal so that the humidity level will stay at 70%. If a little bit of air can seep in through the humidor, the cigars may become too dry. One way you can find out if a humidor has a tight seal is by listening for a “woosh” sound when closing the lid.
Read more: How To Store A Cigar Without A Humidor
Aside from the humidor, you may also need a hygrometer and thermometer. These two accessories are important as they allow you to monitor the humidity level and temperature of your humidor. Some cigar humidors come with built-in accessories, but those are usually bulky and more expensive than the rest. Luckily, you can now buy portable travel humidors that come with lighters, cutters, and other essential accessories!
25 Good Quality Humidors to Store Your Cigars
After knowing a few tips and tricks in buying a cigar humidor, you are now probably feeling more confident to go shopping. Before you check out your cart, you may want to look into these cigar humidors. They are among the best options that will surely keep cigars last longer.
What’s the best time to light up a cigar? The answer is simple: celebrations. Whether it’s birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, or life milestones, celebrate these special moments with a rare Cuban cigar. To make sure the cigars last until the next festivities, store them in this electric cigar humidor. It is like a mini cooler made for cigars!
To ensure your cigars will last longer, it uses a thermoelectric technology which allows it to evenly distribute humidity levels inside the cooler. This helps prevent the cigars from becoming too damp from excessive moisture. As a result, cigars will retain their natural oils and flavors.
- Semiconductor refrigeration technology
- Electronic control
- Spanish cedar wood drawers and shelves
- Holds up to 150 cigars
- Overall Dimensions: 10” x 20” x 18”
- Item Weight: 23.4 lbs.
- Ideal for places with fluctuating temperatures
- Power saving; inverter technology
- Touch screen controls
- Interior space is quite narrow and small
Isn’t it a hassle to manually calibrate a hygrometer? Luckily, you don’t have to go through this hassle anymore if you buy NewAir’s Electric Cigar Humidor! It has a digital touchscreen control panel that you can easily tweak to get the right temperature. With this, rest assured that the temperatures will remain consistent inside.
- Precision temperature control
- Secure door seal
- Vented shelves for better airflow
- Holds 250 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 19.3″ x 13.6″ x 18.5″
- Item Weight: 26.9 lbs.
- Control the temperature with its digital hygrometer
- Retains cigar flavor, thanks to its thermoelectric cooler
- Includes a lock and key to keep your cigars safe
- It produces a distracting humming noise
The process of seasoning a humidor can be quite tedious. However, you won’t have to manually season the Prestige Import Group’s Thermoelectric Humidor as it has a water reservoir underneath. Just pour in some distilled water and your humidor will stay at an optimal humidity level. Plus, it has a digital hygrometer that you can use to check the temperature.
- Water reservoir for the distilled water
- Removable vented drawers for the cigars
- Internal thermoelectric coolers
- Holds 250 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 19” x 14” x 20”
- Item Weight: 20 lbs.
- Large storage space for cigars
- Water reservoir helps keep cigars moist
- Easy to read digital hygrometer
- It has a grinding noise
One of the things that could completely ruin your cigars is sunlight. Fortunately, you can now protect your cigars from the sunlight’s harsh UV rays with Schmécké’s Thermoelectric Humidor. It features a tempered smoked glass which helps block out UV rays. Moreover, it runs on thermoelectric technology, so your cigars stay fresh all day long.
- Tempered smoked glass
- Thermoelectric technology
- Spanish cedar shelves are removable
- Holds 250 cigars
- Overall Dimensions: 3.6” x 20” x 18.9”
- Item Weight: 25.6 lbs.
- The built-in light makes it easier to see what’s inside
- Foam insulation helps prevent leaks
- Spanish cedar shelves help preserve cigars
- You need Boveda packs to keep it at the right humidity level
Since cigars are made from organic materials, they may eventually be infested with pests if not stored properly. To protect your cigars, use Whynter’s Humidor Cooler! Just like other electric coolers, it has a thermoelectric technology that helps prevent your cigars from drying and molding. What’s more, it’s vibration-free. You won’t hear any annoying humming sounds if you choose to buy this electric cooler.
- Vibration free
- Thermoelectric cooling technology
- Stainless steel glass door
- Holds 250 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 20″ x 13.5″ x 18″
- Item Weight: 27 lbs.
- Convenient removable Spanish cedar drawers
- Freestanding setup; no extra tools needed to keep it upright
- LED lighting for a bright interior
- No lock included
Even though this acrylic case is just like any other cigar humidor, it has its own unique features. First, the hygrometer is installed on top, so you can easily read the temperature inside the case. It’s a lot more convenient than humidor boxes which have analogue hygrometers in front. No need to squat or lean over every time you have to check the humidity level! Additionally, the clear acrylic exterior lets you view your cigar collection without having to open the case. You’ll know right away if you are running low on cigars.
- Transparent exterior
- Adjustable hygrometer
- Silica gel seal ring
- Holds 16 – 20 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 9.41” x 6.1” x 4.49”
- Item Weight: 1.87 lbs.
- Compact design; ideally for display and travel
- Transparent exterior for easy viewing
- Tight seal ring to maintain cigar humidity
- No larger sizes available
Digital hygrometers are great as you can easily read the temperature. It is a good thing that Mantello’s Acrylic Jar has a built-in digital hygrometer on the lid. It will let you easily monitor the temperature inside the jar. Furthermore, it has an airtight seal! The lid has a clasp and rubber gasket to ensure that cigars stay moist and properly seasoned.
- Airtight seal lid
- Built-in digital hygrometer
- Spanish cedar wood lining
- Holds 18 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 8.15″ x 6.42″ x 6.42″
- Item Weight: 1.52 Pounds
- It doesn’t take up too much space
- Digital hygrometer makes it easy to read the temperature
- Includes a hygrometer and humidifier
- Boveda packets are needed to help control the humidity
Using acrylic jars is an old-school way of storing cigars. Back then, however, these jars needed some preparation to keep the cigars moist. You have to pour in a little bit of cold water and drop a couple small sponges to maintain the right humidity level. Nowadays, you don’t have to go through the trouble of preparing the jar as you can buy a XIFEI acrylic humidor jar with cedar wood sheets. These sheets help keep the jars moist, thus ensuring your cigars are properly seasoned.
Although XIFEI humidor jars come with cedar wood sheets, you can still see the cigars inside because only half of the jar is covered by the sheets. You can use the jars to proudly display your cigar collection!
- Tight seal ring at the edges
- Spanish cedar sheets
- Easy-to-read hygrometer
- Holds up to 20 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 8.19” x 5.39” x 5.35”
- Item Weight: 1.3 lbs.
- Simple, transparent jar; ideal for displaying your cigars
- Accessories such as humidifier and dropper are included
- Seal ring helps maintain moisture
- It’s quite small compared to other cigar humidors
One of the most important things to look for in a humidor is if it has a tight seal. If this is the case, then consider buying AMANCY’s Acrylic Humidor. It has a silicone ring and clasp on the lid. Silicone rings are known to have good sealing performance, so you don’t have to worry about leaks. Also, it is highly durable, so it won’t get deformed when exposed to high temperatures.
- Airtight seal
- Built-in digital hygrometer
- High quality acrylic
- Holds 25 to 50 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 10.83 x 10.75 x 3.46 inches
- Item Weight: 1.98 pounds
- Clear acrylic; easy to see the contents inside
- Cedar wood lining underneath; keeps cigars fresh
- Pre-calibrated hygrometer; no adjustment needed
- Latches may easily break because they are made of plastic
Read more: How To Store Cigar Without Humidor
Most of the acrylic jars that we featured earlier have a sealed rubber gasket. However, Friendswood Mercantile took a different take on their humidor jar. Instead of a sealed rubber gasket, it has an easy-to-open flip lock lid. This lid is made from 100% silicone, thus helping to keep the jar sealed shut and ensure no air can pass through it. Also, this humidor jar is BPA-free.
- Easy to open lid
- BPA free acrylic
- Airtight seal
- Holds 25 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 5″ x 5″ x 9″
- Item Weight: 1.55 lbs.
- Ample cigar storage space
- Boveda 69% pack included; helps control humidity
- Durable acrylic jar
- It doesn’t have a Spanish cedar lining
Choosing cigarettes over cigars won’t provide the same soothing and relaxing experience. So, even though it’s a bit of a hassle to carry some cigars, you may still want to go through that extra effort. Fortunately, you can now bring your cigars with you if you buy Scotte’s Leather cigar humidors. Although it has a leather exterior, its interior is lined with cedar, keeping your cigars fresh throughout your trip.
Even though this travel humidor looks small, it actually has a decent capacity. You can fit in up to 16 cigars at most. That’s enough cigars for a week-long business trip overseas.
- Exquisite, leather finish
- Portable design
- Cigar moisturize canister
- Holds 12 to 16 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 9.17” x 4.72” x 4.69”
- Item Weight: 1.48 lbs.
- Easy to carry
- Durable cigar humidor case
- Humidor comes with a Flannelette gift bag
- The moisture inside the humidor doesn’t last long
While traveling, it’s inevitable to drop a few things when we’re lugging so much luggage around. It happens… especially if you are in a hurry to catch an early flight. If you are a clumsy lad, then you would find this travel humidor case pretty handy. It has a humidifier disc crushproof exterior and an inner foam layer, so even if you drop it, your cigars will arrive safely at your destination.
Also, this travel humidor has locking clasps and inner seals that help maintain the right temperature inside. Remember: if a humidor is not tightly sealed, your cigars may dry up. You will no longer get to taste the rich flavor of the cigar if this happens.
- Strong locking clasps
- Disc crushproof exterior
- String handle
- Holds 5 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 9.61” x 5.16” x 2.4”
- Item Weight: 11.99 Ounces
- It’s light and portable
- Easy to carry because of its string handle
- Durable, waterproof exterior helps protect cigars
- You have to frequently buy humi-packs to keep cigars fresh
Most travel humidors we have seen so far are either leather cases or small boxes. But Scotte’s Cigar Humidor Case is different—it appears like a vacuum tumbler with a pouch! The cap is made from solid wood, and the best part is, the humidifier and hygrometer are attached on top of the wooden cap. You won’t have to second guess whether your cigars are rightly seasoned or not.
As for the glass tube of this cigar humidor case, it is made from borosilicate glass. Among bottled glasses, borosilicate is the most durable because it does not crack even when it is exposed in high temperatures. Plus, it comes with a diving tote bag, thus giving more protection to the cigars inside.
- Durable borosilicate glass tube
- Sealed wooden cap
- Hygrometer and humidifier on the cap
- Holds 4 to 5 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 9.76” x 3.58” x 3.03”
- Item Weight: 15.52 Ounces
- Easy carry tote bag
- On-the-go cigar humidor
- Lasts longer, thanks to its borosilicate glass tube
- The wooden cap is not enough to keep the cigars moist for a month
CIGARISM’s Leather Cedar Humidor Case will ensure your cigars stay intact the entire trip. It has leather straps and individual compartments to prevent the cigars from getting jumbled up inside the case. Plus, the case has designated pockets for the lighter and cutter. However, you can only fit in four cigars in this humidor, making it only ideal during quick get-togethers.
- Portable humidifier
- Durable YKK zipper
- Beautiful lichee pattern exterior
- Holds 4 cigars
- External Dimensions: 8.26″×5.11″×3.14″
- Item Weight: 1.7 lbs.
- Complete cigar travel pack
- Spanish cedar tray to keep cigars fresh
- Package includes a flocking bag and gift box
- It’s quite difficult to switch on the lighter
Here’s another travel humidor in our list! Mantello’s Cigar Case is almost the same as Pardo’s Humidor Case because both have a crush-proof exterior. However, Mantello has more capacity and it comes with many cigar accessories. This includes different types of gauge cutter and a cigar punch keychain.
It also has a built-in humidifier and urethane foam interior, so your cigars stay fresh all throughout the trip. Unlike other portable humidors, there’s no need to frequently check your cigars every once in a while. You can just relax and enjoy your vacation.
- Crush-proof ABS molded plastic exterior
- Built-in humidifier
- Light and portable
- Exterior Dimensions: 8.80″ x 5.18″ x 2.08″
- Interior Dimensions: 7.88″ x 3.97″ x 1.55″
- Item Weight: 1.28 pounds
- Sleek, black finish
- Extra storage space for accessories
- Heavy-duty ABS plastic exterior
- It has only limited capacity
If you have been collecting cigars for quite some time now, then you probably have different types of cigars by now. It would be easier to organize them with a Mantello Cigars Glass-Top Humidor. It comes with a removable cedar divider, thus you have the option to store your collection by type or size.
Even though this humidor cigar box looks expensive because of its rosewood finish and gold-plated hinges, it actually has an affordable price tag. So, if you’re short on cash, but you want an exquisite box to store your cigars, then a Mantello Cigar Humidor is a good choice!
- Rosewood finish
- Removable cedar divider
- Glass-top lid
- Holds 25 to 50 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 10.2” x 8.6” x 4.3”
- Item Weight: 38. Lbs.
- It’s a small humidor, ideal for desks and shelves
- Felt-lined bottom helps prevent scratches on cigars
- Tough tempered glass lid
- Cedar divider is quite thin
Are you looking for a fancy gift for your fellow cigar aficionado? Look no more! This DUCIHBA Desktop Humidor Case features an ebony black finish and espresso black strips that add a touch of elegance to any room. Moreover, the hinges have an antique copper tone polish instead of the usual silver surface. Because of its exquisite appearance, it is a good choice of gift for a cigar connoisseur.
Just like other cigar humidors, the DUCHIBA Desktop Case has a Spanish cedar lining and dividers, as well as, a quality humidifying system that could help preserve the cigars in tip-top condition.
- Ebony black finish
- Tempered glass top
- Secure seal
- Holds 20 to 50 cigars
- Overall Dimensions: 10.25” x 8.75” x 4.5”
- Item Weight: 3.47 lbs.
- It’s a small humidifier; space saving
- Ideal home decor because of its exquisite finish
- Aromatic Spanish cedar wood interior
- It’s quite difficult to adjust the humidity to the right level
To enjoy a roll of cigar, you have to always maintain the right humidity level. You cannot achieve this just by monitoring the state of the cigar every so often. You have to use a hygrometer. It is a device that you use to check the relative humidity of the humidor. Luckily, CASE ELEGANCE Cedar Humidor has a built-in hygrometer.
And the best part is, it has accessory storage at the bottom of the box. You can use this to keep the cutters, lighters, and other cigar accessories. Thanks to this extra storage space, things will be more organized. Finding all the needed tools to prepare the cigar should also be a breeze.
- Glass top humidor
- Accessory storage
- Tight, magnetic seal lid
- Product dimensions: 9” x 8.5” x 5.4”
- Item Weight: 2.9 lbs.
- 1 CR2 battery required
- Pre-calibrated hygrometer for reading accurate temperature
- Hydro system for maintaining the right humidity level
- Appealing rich walnut finish
- You can only fit in a couple of cigars
If you have only started collecting cigars, and you are not yet used to reading an analog hygrometer, you may want to invest in XIFEI’s Cigar Humidor. It has a digital hygrometer that uses analog sensors to accurately read the humidity percentage. It is important to frequently check the hygrometer to ensure your cigars are rightly seasoned.
Furthermore, this cigar humidor box has extra room for cigar accessories. At the bottom of the box, there are two drawers for the cigar cutter and punch. You can keep all the essential accessories within hand’s reach.
- Half glass top lid
- Built-in digital hygrometer
- Two drawers underneath
- Holds 25 to 50 cigars
- Product Dimensions: 11.6” x 9.2” x 7.3”
- Item Weight: 4.45 lbs.
- Hinges that allow the lid to keep standing
- Magnetic lock to seal the box
- Extra drawers keep things more organized
- Not as big as other cigar humidor boxes
The patent-pending hydro system is what defines Case Elegance’s Black Cedar Humidor. The hydro system may sound complicated, but the technology is actually simple: you just have to put the different types of storage trays together and season them with humidor gels and solutions. This will help preserve the cigars inside.
Most cigar humidor boxes we see have a classic wood finish. However, Case Elegance is different — it has a sleek black piano finish. Once light strikes on its surface, it shines beautifully. Because of its exquisite look, you can choose this as a gift for a fellow cigar enthusiast.
- Large capacity; 100 cigars can fit inside
- Unique octagon-shaped humidor
- Hydro system technology
- Overall Dimensions: 13.75” x 9.5” x 8.6”
- Item Weight: 13.67 lbs.
- Lithium metal batteries needed
- Metal carrying handles
- Storage drawer for the cigar accessories
- Lid has embedded magnets for a tight seal
- There’s a bit of sawdust in the wooden box