Home>Storage Ideas>15 Blanket Storage To Keep Your Collection Tidy
15 Blanket Storage To Keep Your Collection Tidy
Modified: February 7, 2023
Check out these blanket storage ideas that will help you properly arrange your quilts and duvets at home. Stay organized today!
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Having extra blankets at home could come in handy, especially if you always have guests coming over. However, some blankets are bulky, so they end up taking too much closet space. Instead of hastily piling them up in the corner, you can keep them tidy by either purchasing blanket storage bags and baskets or investing in chests and ottomans.
Tips for Storing Blankets
Putting your blankets in storage bags and ottomans doesn’t guarantee the freshness of your blankets. Remember that these sheets tend to get moldy and dirty if you do not store them properly. Worse, the fabric might get ruined once you keep it longer inside a bag. So, here are some tips and tricks on how to store blankets to keep them in mint condition:
Make Sure Your Blankets are Clean
Although it’s obvious we should clean our blankets first before storing them, we tend to skip this step if we see no visible stains. We think it is safe to bring it back to the closet since someone just used it once. What we don’t see is that there are millions of microscopic germs and bacteria clinging to the blankets after use. These could cause the blankets to smell like old socks after a few weeks of leaving them inside the closet. Because of this, you should properly clean the blankets first before storing them.
Here’s a tip: once you start washing your blankets, use cold water and choose a delicate wash setting to prevent damaging the fabric. Also, make sure you dry them thoroughly after washing to avoid moldy stains. Leaving the blanket damp can cause mold and mildew since mold easily thrives in moist areas.
Fold Your Blankets First Before Storing
Since blankets and duvets take up too much space, try to fold them neatly before storing them. If the blanket is too bulky to fold, you may use a vacuum bag to shrink it and save space. However, make sure to leave a bit of air inside the bag when putting in a weighted blanket. Doing this will help keep the blanket fluffy and cozy after storage.
Another storage tip is to fold the blanket and store it inside its matching pillowcase. Not only can it help maximize storage space, but it also adds extra protection to the blanket. Pillowcases are good blanket covers because most of them are made of soft cotton. Using pillowcases as covers allow the blankets to breathe while protecting them from dust and dirt.
Look for a Dry and Cool Storage Space
All the time and effort spent on washing and folding the blankets will be for nothing if you store your blankets in cold, damp rooms (ex. attic, basement, and garage). These places have high moisture levels, so if a storage chest full of blankets is placed here, the blankets inside will smell bad after quite some time.
If there is no room inside the closet, placing blankets under the bed is a good alternative. You can also put them in bins, baskets, and chests. Using them will keep things looking neat and organized as they help hide your blankets from plain sight.
Organize Your Blankets with these Smart Storage Solutions!
Now that you know how to keep your blankets fresh and clean, the next step is to look for bags, chests, and other storage organizers. You can use them to declutter blankets, and at the same time, protect them from damage. Keep on reading to know what are some of the best blanket storage solutions.
1. [Fba] Zippered Blanket Storage Bag
Since blankets tend to wear out over time, we make sure to purchase extra sets and keep them in the closet. However, seasonal blankets (such as duvets and comforters) tend to pile up and create clutter because we rarely use them. To neatly arrange them, use a zippered blanket storage bag!
Fba’s Zippered Storage Bag features a thick and heavy vinyl that helps protect the blanket from dust, and at the same time, keeps blankets organized inside the closet. Since they are now separated neatly by bags, you can now easily pull out a blanket without ruining the folded sheets on top of it.
- Thick and Heavy Vinyl
- Clear vinyl for easy viewing
- Nylon zipper for easy storage
- 1 set = 10 bags
- 15” x 18” x 5”
- Clear vinyl exterior allows you to see the contents inside easily
- It helps blankets look neat and compact inside the closet
- A three-sided zipper makes it easier to place blankets inside the bag
- A queen-size comforter doesn’t fit
2. [Vailando] Under Bed Storage Organizer
Instead of letting dust gather up under the bed, make use of the extra space underneath with Vailando’s Storage Organizer. It is an ideal storage bag for blankets as it has a cotton linen exterior that allows the blankets to breathe. You will also love the riveted handles attached in front because they will help you easily pull out the storage organizer under the bed.
What makes this under bed storage container different from other cotton linen storage organizers is that the bottom, sides, and dividers are made of PP materials. PP is a plastic material that is more durable than cardboard, so the body of this storage organizer will not bend or warp easily over time.
- Foldable design
- Clear-top windows
- Durable riveted handles
- Dimensions: 33.7″ x 17″ x 5.6 “
- Stainless Steel Zipper
- The bag is easy to close
- Clear-top makes it easier to see the contents inside
- It comes with adjustable dividers
- The covers are a bit short
3. [DOKEHOM] Fabric Clothes Bag
Beddings such as sheets and blankets are the easiest things to pack when moving out of the house. These bedroom essentials are not as fragile as other household items. Still, blankets can get damaged if you do not properly store them. Although you may put them in moving boxes, the blankets might get soiled because of the acidic cardboard. So, it is best to place blankets in a large cloth storage bag.
Choose DOKEHOM’s storage bag as it has a large capacity and has sturdy handles. You can fit it in a couple of wool blankets and duvets in here without ruining the bag. Plus, it has a three-sided zipper that makes it easier to place large blankets inside.
- Large storage space
- Three-side zipper design
- Breathable and durable 600D Oxford fabric
- Dimensions: 27.56” x 13.78” x 16.54”
- Color available: blue
- Durable cross-stitch handles
- You can fit it in large, heavy-duty blankets
- It has a waterproof fabric
- You have to air them out first to remove the chemical smell
Get the most out of blanket storage with WISELIFE’s Large Storage Bag! It features a see-through window and has reinforced handles. To make the storage bag more durable, they used a three-ply composite non-woven fabric. It is a type of fabric that is not only water-resistant but also dust-proof, so rest assured that all of your blankets will stay clean and fresh after storage!
Closing a bag full of blankets is too troublesome if the bag has only one zipper. Fortunately, WISELIFE’s large storage bag has a two-way zipper, so you can fit in a blanket of any size! The zippers are also made from #5 stainless steel, so they will not break easily.
- Premium, non-woven fabric
- Sturdy two-way zipper
- See-through window
- 100L Storage Capacity
- Dimensions: 24.8” L x 17.7” W x 14.2” H
- Get to see the contents inside with its see-through window
- Reinforced handles allows you to carry the bag around easily
- Easy access because of the two-way zipper
- It takes too much closet storage space
5. [CHICVITA} Cotton Rope Woven Basket
Baskets and bins such as CHICVITA’s Cotton Rope Woven Basket are not only used for blanket storage, but they can also become attractive home decorative pieces because of their exquisite, minimalist design. You can use them to improve the overall look of the bedroom. Moreover, the woven basket has a multi-tone gray color exterior that goes well with any interior design style.
What’s more, this woven basket is made from an environmentally friendly material— cotton rope. It is a natural material with no harmful toxins and chemicals and is biodegradable (unlike plastics), so it will break down naturally through time.
- 100% cotton woven basket
- Attractive two-tone color
- Easy-carry handles
- Color: Gray
- Dimensions: 17.9” x 14” x 6”
- You can fit in lots of blankets inside
- It is portable since it is lightweight and has large handles
- Exquisite minimalist design
- You have to fill it in with blankets for it to stay in its shape
6. [B FSOBEIIALEO] Ottoman with Tray
To save room space, invest in multifunctional blanket storage furniture pieces such as B FSOBEIIALEO’s ottoman. Unlike a simple stool, this ottoman has a double-sided lid that features a cushion-like cover seat on one side and a wooden coffee table on the other side. Moreover, the ottoman has a spacious inside hollow! Use it to keep quilts and blankets out of sight.
As for the material used, this ottoman is made of high-quality linen and medium-density fiberboard (MDF). Linen is a breathable fabric that helps prevent musty and moldy smells. Meanwhile, MDF is pest-resistant material that helps protect the ottoman from termites.
- Removable, double-sided lid
- Durable MDF used
- Breathable linen fabric
- Maximum user weight of 550lbs
- Dimensions: 30” x 16” x 15”
- Multifunctional ottoman; a coffee table, a storage box, and a chair
- Waterproof tray
- Offers more storage space for blankets
- The wooden top is quite slippery
7. [Christopher Knight Home] Fabric Storage Ottoman
Even though a minimalist interior looks attractive because of its clean lines and uncluttered spaces, it can look too plain and boring with all the neutral colors. One way you can spice up your minimalist home is to use exquisite, contemporary pieces like the Christopher Knight Home’s Ottoman. It sports a vintage flower vine print, thus making it an attractive accent piece at the entryway or bedroom.
Made from durable fabric and a birch frame, this ottoman is an ideal storage space for different blankets. It even has pressure hinges that allow you to keep the lid open while placing the sheets and blankets inside.
- Contemporary style
- Upholstered, plush seat
- Pressure hinges at the lid
- Dimensions: 38.25” x 19.25” x 15.5”
- White and Blue Floral Design
- Ample storage space for blankets and bedsheets
- Versatile ottoman; used as a footrest, chair, and storage box
- Attractive, modern design
- Installing the ottoman requires professional assistance
8. [HOOBRO] Storage Chest
Go vintage with HOOBRO’s Storage Chest! It has a smooth engineered wood with a rustic brown finish, so it can also be a good home decorative piece. Use this to add an exquisite, natural touch at home.
Aside from its beautiful design, this blanket storage chest has a spacious interior. Put in a couple of weighted blankets, and there would still be some room for children’s stuffed animals, books, and other small knick-knacks. Despite having huge storage space, it is not heavy and bulky.
- Vintage, rustic brown appearance
- Safety hinges
- Durable and smooth engineered wood
- Made of particleboard, engineered wood
- Dimensions: 31.5” L x 15.6” W x 19.3” H
- It works both as a storage chest and a decorative piece
- Lightweight; easy to carry around
- Easy to load because of the safety hinge
- It is a bit hard to assemble
9. [SIMPLIHOME] Solid Wood Storage Bench
When it comes to durability, nothing beats classic wooden furniture. So, if durability is your priority, you can never go wrong with SIMPLIHOME’s Solid Wood Storage Bench. Made of the finest pine timber, it is a storage bench that is sure to last for many years.
Sturdiness is just one of the defining features of this wooden storage bench. What makes it different from other blanket storage chests is that it has a unique British Colonial design. Notice that the notched legs have a distinct raised panel design, and the exterior has a dark brown stain finish? This concept is what defines the British Colonial design. Although it was popular during the Victorian era, it is still used in modern interiors to create a sophisticated, dramatic effect.
- Elegant dark brown finish
- Durable solid wood
- Flip open lid
- Product Dimensions: 18″ D x 51″ W x 20.75″ H
- It weighs 49.2 lbs.
- It has more storage space because it has three compartments
- Appealing dark chestnut brown finish
- Use it anywhere in your house
- Assembling it can be quite difficult
10. [ALLZONE] Storage Dresser
Although living in a condo or apartment is convenient for city dwellers like you (since the malls and offices are near), the rooms are not too spacious. With limited room space, your things may get cluttered easily. Fortunately, you can now buy a dresser that is ideal for small spaces— ALLZONE’s storage dresser.
What makes ALLZONE’s dresser unique is that it has a wooden top board, metal frame, and five foldable cotton drawers. With more drawers, you can easily organize your collection by size and design. Furthermore, the dresser has metal barriers at the back and wire supports underneath that help keep the drawers in place.
- Durable metal frame
- Foldable cotton drawers
- Exquisite wooden top board
- Dimensions: 39.4” x 11.8” x 25.6”
- Weight: 25.1 lbs.
- Space-saving dresser
- Taller than regular dressers
- Sleek and thick MDF board top
- Installation is quite a hassle
11. [JANE EYRE] Side Table with Storage Basket
It is a hassle to rummage through the closet to get an extra blanket. So, wouldn’t it be better to store some blankets in a basket instead? If you like the idea, you should buy the JANE EYRE Side Table! Attached underneath this side table is a spacious fabric basket where you can keep your favorite blankets within arm’s reach.
Besides having ample storage space, this side table has a gorgeous, modern design because of its metal frame and MDF tabletop. Add this as an accent piece in the bedroom to make the place look more sophisticated.
- MDF (engineered wood) tabletop
- Spacious storage basket
- Leg pads for better floor protection
- Dimensions: 16.14” x 16.14” x 22.04”
- Weight: 8.88 lbs.
- Multifunctional home furniture
- It can be used as an accent piece because of its modern design
- It doesn’t take too much floor space
- You have to fill up the basket for it to stay in shape
12. [Lavish Home] Vintage Nesting Table
One of the most popular interior design trends today is a rustic industrial style. It’s a style that highlights the unique combination of the old and the new. The Lavish Home Nesting End Tables is an example of a rustic industrial design as it has a traditional wooden tabletop with a modern metal square basket.
Unlike other storage baskets, its metal square basket has an open design. You can see the contents of the basket, so you can proudly show off your blanket collection! Best to choose quilts and knits because these blankets have ornate patterns that you may use as decorative pieces.
- Removable wooden lid
- Durable metal frame
- MDF tabletop
- Dimensions: 17.5” x 17.5” x 20.5”
- Weight: 15.22 lbs.
- The caps attached underneath the lid allows it to lock in place
- It has a lavish rustic industrial design
- 2-in-1 storage furniture
- The wooden top is not made of solid wood
13. [Yosayd Kids] Unicorn Chest Storage
Unicorns are iconic. We see these magical creatures almost everywhere— toys, cakes, shirts, bags, pillows— you name it! Children especially love them because they are depicted as mystical creatures with rainbow-colored manes. If your child is among those who are fascinated by unicorns, then this chest storage is a must-buy.
Yosayd Kids’ Unicorn Chest Storage is made from Oxford fabric and PP board, so there are no sharp edges that could harm kids. Moreover, it has a removable flip top and Velcro tab that encloses the chest. Thus, it can help neatly stash away the blankets and toys out of sight.
- Cute, unicorn design
- Removable flip top
- Foldable storage chest
- Dimensions: 24” x 15.1” x 1.1 “
- Weight: 3.49 lbs.
- Easy to carry around because of the sewn handles
- Use the divided interior to organize blankets
- It’s foldable, so it helps save space
- Only light, cottony blankets will fit
People Who Search For Blanket Storage Also Search For
14. [MyGift] Blanket Rack
Quilts are bed covers with artistic patterns, so homeowners often use them on top of the sheets to create a decorative, layered look. Compared to other blankets, they are very delicate. So, it’s best to either wash them once in a while or hang them on a blanket rack. The latter may be a better option if you want to display your quilts in your room.
Choose MyGift’s Blanket Rack if you prefer portable blanket storage. It has a wooden ladder frame that you can lean against the wall. Aside from blankets, you may hang in some neckties and scarves too!
- Wide rungs
- Vintage look
- Portable design
- Dimensions: 1.2” L x 19.7” W x 53.9” H
- Weight: 4.9 lbs.
- Easy to carry around
- It provides more room for hanging blankets and towels
- No hassle installation
- The color can be darker in person
15. [Household Essentials] Barrel Storage Tub
For a more environmentally friendly option, choose Household Essentials’ Barrel Storage Tub! Most woven baskets are made from rattan cotton rope, but this barrel storage tub is made out of water hyacinth! The process involves braiding the stem of the water hyacinths and weaving them into baskets.
You will like this woven basket more since it is handmade by artisans! With their skills and effort, they were able to produce a stylish, curved basket design. To ensure it is sturdy enough to hold weighted blankets, the artisans used a metal steel frame as the basket’s foundation.
- Made from water hyacinth wicker
- Handmade woven basket
- Durable steel frame
- Dimensions: 17” x 17” x 19”
- Weight: 1.4 lbs.
- It is a green product
- Spacious storage blanket basket
- Striking natural curve design
- It wobbles a bit
Ever wonder why you always want to sleep with a blanket even when it’s hot? Simply because the soft, warm blanket helps our bodies relax. Soon, we’ll find ourselves in deep sleep after draping it all over our bodies. So, it would be convenient to have a blanket near our bed whenever we have trouble sleeping.
Also, remember to keep extra sets, so you can quickly replace your dirty blanket anytime. To avoid them from cluttering in the bedroom, invest in storage furniture. Feel free to check out our list again to find out more blanket storage options! Also, take some time to read other storage ideas since you can use these guides to better organize your home.