25 Bedroom Mood Lighting Ideas For The Winter Season
Published: November 3, 2021
Modified: November 5, 2021
Cozy up during this winter season with these bedroom mood lighting ideas! Discover how they can create a warm, comfortable bedroom ambiance.
Winters feel dull and blue. With that, we all just want to tuck in our beds and sleep throughout the season, totally dampening our holiday spirit. Remedy winter blues by incorporating different types of bedroom mood lighting. Not only do they add warmth and comfort, but they also help set the mood for the upcoming holidays!
How to Create Mood Lighting in the Bedroom
Winters are cold, so it’s ideal to have a fireplace in our bedroom to warm things up. Not everyone can achieve this luxury, though. Fortunately, you can still set a warm mood for the upcoming winter season by using LED lights. They come in a variety of colors, so it’s easy to find one that gives a wintery, holiday vibe.
The advantage of using LED lights is that most are dimmable, and these are great for bedrooms with harsh fluorescent lighting. You can adjust the lighting and tone it down to create a relaxing, winter ambiance in the bedroom. Consider also choosing dimmable, LED lights with cheerful colors such as yellow and orange as they help brighten up your bedroom on cold winter nights.
25 Bedroom Mood Lighting Ideas
Choosing a bedroom mood lighting for the winter isn’t as easy as it sounds. Not only do you have to choose from a wide range of styles and colors, but you also have to think about other factors such as price, quality, and practicality. Below, we have some of the best bedroom mood lighting products to help narrow down your long list of options.
Candle LED Lights for Bedroom Mood Lighting
Create a soft, cozy bedroom ambiance during the winter by lighting up some candles. But candles can cause fires, so it’s better to stick with electric candles. Although often used on Halloween and All Souls Day, they will still fit your Yuletide days as they set a warm and relaxing mood.
These flameless candles will look real at first glance. However, it’s an electric candle with a wax build. The light it gives off is mesmerizing and definitely looks like real soft flames. Since there’s almost no sunlight during winters, it would be great to use these flameless candles to add natural light to the bedroom.
- Genuine wax pillar frame
- Remote control candle lights
- Battery-operated LED bulbs
- Includes 9 flameless candles
- Each candle is 2.2 inches thick
- Candle height size varies from 5 inches to 9 inches
- No risk of fires and burns
- Has a timer function for added convenience
- The wax material rubs off on clothes
Electric candles with remote controls are one of the most convenient bedroom mood lighting gadgets out there. With just a push of a button, the colors can change in an instant! There is even a button for setting up a timer to make things more convenient.
Unlike the previous flameless candle, this one is made from durable resin. This material has high heat resistance so they are less likely to overheat even if you leave it on all night long. Moreover, resins are waterproof. This helps protect the LED lights inside from short-circuiting.
- Multi-color LED candles
- Remote control candles
- Premium plastic resin
- 12 colors
- Requires AA-batteries
- Includes 9 LED candles
- Can withstand high temperatures
- Realistic faded and flickering effects
- Instruction manual is quite difficult to understand
Incorporating sophisticated bedroom mood lighting is not that difficult. You just have to look for lamps and fixtures with exquisite designs to achieve an elegant winter look. Like these Flameless Candles from FURORA. They are not your average pillar candles as they have a silver glittery body. Even if you don’t light them up, they would still look great in the bedroom. It’s like a dual-purpose candle as it can be used both as a bedroom mood lighting and an attractive accent piece.
- Remote control candles
- Pre-installed batteries
- Lovely amber yellow LED light
- 10-key remote control
- Includes 8 flameless candles
- Candle height size varies from 4 inches to 6 inches
- Flickering light effect adds a realistic touch
- Has a plastic votive that helps prevent the wax from melting
- Batteries don’t last long
There are three animals often associated with Christmas: moose, reindeers, and snow bears. Reindeers and snow bears are famous as both animals live in polar regions. Although a Christmas moose sounds absurd, this is apparently one of the most popular Christmas decorations. Luckily, you could have all these three iconic animals in the bedroom using these Flameless LED Candles from GenSwin.
- 6-hr timer
- Exquisite animal decals
- Includes 3 flameless candles
- Requires 3 AAA batteries
- Candles are 6 inches high with a 3-inch diameter
- No risk of burning and candle wax drips
- Gives off a warm ambient in the bedroom
- Batteries need to be removed when not in use
It’s difficult to sleep at night if the weather is too cold. Although thick comforters help keep us warm during cold winter nights, sometimes they are not enough to make us feel comfortable.
Create a snug bedroom space with these Rechargeable Flameless Candles from JENNTEN. What keeps them apart from the previous flameless candles is that they come with frosted cups. Once you place these cups over the candles, they will emit a soft glow. This makes bedrooms feel cozier and warmer during harsh winters.
- Plastic, frosted cups
- Rechargeable LED mood lighting
- Made of ABS Plastic
- Includes 12 candles with 12 frosted cups
- Overall dimensions of candle tea light are 1.6 inches x 1.8 inches
- No batteries and remote controls
- Emits a warm, soft glow in the bedroom
- Doesn’t heat up even if it’s on for hours
- No wall adapter included
String Lights for Bedroom Mood Lighting
Winters feel more cheerful, thanks to the colorful string lights and Christmas decorations found at malls and parks. Some even go all out and decorate their houses with bright, animated lights because it’s a holiday tradition.
If you are one of the few people who take extra effort to decorate their homes with string lights, here’s a tip: don’t just put them outside the house, add a few string lights in the bedroom too. You’ll be surprised how these decorative lights could help improve a bedroom’s ambiance. Be sure to check out this list of storage for Christmas lights after the holidays are done. This is to avoid dealing with messy tangled wires!
Turn snowflakes into twinkling stars with these String Lights from FUNPENY. These are great bedroom mood lighting for the winter as they create a dreamy, fairytale ambiance. Each snowflake has an LED light that emits a warm white glow, giving off a cozy, happy vibe.
We have heard several incidents in the past about how some string lights would blow off with no warning. Fortunately, these snowflake string lights are safe to use as they have a waterproof design, and they are less likely to overheat even after using them for hours.
- Various lighting modes
- Flexible copper wire
- Remote-controlled Christmas lights
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- 50 individual snowflakes with 8 lighting modes
- String length is 32 feet and the diameter of each snowflake is 12 inches
- Energy-saving bedroom lighting
- Remote control allows you to easily adjust the settings
- Different patterns create different moods in the bedroom
- Tends to tangle
The winter season signals the start of Christmas. When it’s almost Christmas, you should start decorating your home with colorful lights to set a cheery, holiday spirit! Consider choosing these Star String Lights from Twinkle Star. Not only do they look great in the living room, but they help to brighten up your bedroom. Having these bright, colorful lights in the bedroom can help lift your mood during cold, wintery nights.
These cool bedroom lights are energy-efficient as they only have low voltage. You could turn them on all night long without worrying about your monthly electric bill. So, it’s like hitting two birds in one stone; you get to decorate your bedroom while saving energy.
- Extendable string lights
- IP44 waterproof transformer
- 8 patterns
- 49 star-shaped string lights
- Extendable from 49.2 ft. to 344.5 ft.
- UL 588 certified so it’s safe to use
- Ideal for both indoors and outdoors
- Has no remote control
Sometimes, we don’t have the time to get creative with our winter Christmas decorations due to tight year-end deadlines. If you still want to decorate your bedroom for the upcoming holidays but you don’t have much time, then just buy a couple of these Window Curtain String Lights from Twinkle Star.
What is great about curtain lights is that it has a tail insertion rod that connects multiple string lights. With this, there’s no need to go through the hassle of putting a long strip of string lights one-by-one on your curtains.
- IP44 waterproof
- UL-certified safe transformer
- 8-mode setting
- 300 warm white LED lights
- Overall dimensions are 6.6 ft. x 9.8 ft.
- Add life and color to a dull, cold bedroom
- Can be extended to a maximum of 10 string lights
- Doesn’t come with a curtain
Veer away from commonly-shaped string lights with these Bedroom Mood Lighting from BOHON. It’s a unique set of string lights as the LED lights are wrapped in natural fluorite stones. Once turned on, it gives off a beautiful soft glow that illuminates a room. This is a great choice of bedroom lighting if you only want a subtle colorful light in the bedroom.
- Beautiful natural fluorite stones
- Safe, IP64 waterproof battery box
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- String light is 6.5 ft. long
- Fluorite stone size ranges from 2 cm to 4 cm
- Creates an exquisite ornamental effect
- Remote-control powered with a timer function
- Low-voltage LED mood lighting for the bedroom
- Requires frequent replacement of batteries
When buying string lights, always look for those with a memory function for added convenience. Luckily, you can find such features in these Globe String Lights from ALOVECO. Just use the remote control that comes with it to activate the memory function whenever you like.
The best thing about these string lights is they have various types of LED light colors for different moods. You also have the option to dim down the lights to add a dramatic vibe to a bedroom.
- Dimmable LED globe lights
- Wireless remote
- Remote distance is 15 meters
- 9V low voltage transformer
- 100 LEDs with 8 lighting modes
- Has a timer function
- Waterproof string lights
- Adjust the brightness with the remote control
- Smaller compared to regular string lights
Bedroom Mood Lighting Floor Lamps
A floor lamp is more than just a task light. It could help heighten space as it lights up the room on an eye level. Moreover, they usually have a feature that allows you to change the color of the lamp. This would be useful in setting up the right mood in the bedroom. If it’s for the upcoming winter seasons, then you could try changing the lamp’s color into turquoise to match the cool winter weather.
If you have a small bedroom, choose a tower floor lamp to create an illusion of an extended space. Just like this Modern Floor Lamp from LEONC. It has a tall structure with a textured twisting design great for both modern and traditional bedrooms. Use this sophisticated bedroom mood lighting as an alternative to those harsh ceiling lights at night. It gives off a faint, gentle glow so this would be great on cold, winter evenings.
- Multi-color light
- Remote-controlled floor lamp
- Twisting tower modern design
- Floor lamp is 61 inches tall
- Other sizes are available: 39 inches; 52 inches; 65 inches
- Stable steel feet
- Pleasant dimmable light
- Lightweight bedroom lighting
- Remote instructions are quite difficult to understand
One of the best things about floor lamps (such as this one from LUXJET) is how most of them are remote-control powered. You don’t have to get up from the bed to adjust the color or settings of the lamp. Just take the remote control and put it on a side table so you can easily change the lamp settings. It’s as simple as that!
This floor lamp also has a dimmable feature. A dim light is great during the dull, winter season as it helps create a comfortable atmosphere in the bedroom. You will be able to relax and get better sleep at night.
- Dimmable LED mood lighting
- Color-changing lamp
- 7 different colors
- Floor lamp average life is 20,000 hours
- Lamp is 21.2 inches high with a diameter of 5.08 inches
- Can be used both as a reading lamp and bedroom mood lighting
- Would be better if there are no star decals on the tube for a more elegant look
Ever since Siri became popular in the digital world, more and more manufacturers are incorporating the voice command feature in gadgets and home appliances. This LED Floor Lamp from HueLiv is a good example of this. Connect it with the APP Smart Life on a smartphone to easily control the lamp’s settings with a voice command. This is a lot more convenient than using a remote control.
- Smart control
- Adjustable head
- Supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Cord is 190 cm long
- 16 colors with 8 different scenes
- Elegant floor lamp for modern bedrooms
- Has a weighted base that prevents the lamp from tipping
- Powered by energy-saving, advanced LED chip technology
- The only way you can dim down the light and change the colors is through the App Smart Life.
People Who Search For Bedroom Mood Lighting Also Search For
If you prefer using a traditional remote-controlled lamp, then this Modern LED Floor Lamp from FIMEI is a great choice. The lamp settings could be configured using either the touch buttons on the lamp or the remote control. If in case the remote control breaks down or runs out of batteries, just use the touch buttons on the lamp to change the color or reduce the brightness.
The unique thing about this LED mood lighting lamp is that the headlamp can be rotated up to 320 degrees. You now have complete control over the direction of light as you can easily adjust its position according to your needs.
- Brightness adjustment function
- Touch and remote control
- Floor lamp is 69 inches tall
- 18 RGBW Color Changing Modes
- Remote control requires AAA batteries
- Exquisite acrylic lampshade to display in your bedroom
- Has a stable metal base that prevents the lamp from tilting
- Floor lamp height can’t be adjusted
Ever want to have a floor lamp but do not want anything too bulky? If that’s the case, then consider choosing this Corner Floor Lamp from Fyheart. The style of this lamp looks elegant because of its slim, minimalist body. Plus, it doesn’t take up too much floor space as it has a round base. What makes this a good bedroom mood lighting is that the lampshade is made of silicone, so the light it emits looks soft.
- Stable control effect
- Space-saving round base
- RGB colorful mode
- 5 brightness levels
- Remote control range is 16 ft. to 26 ft.
- Light syncs with music
- Emits warm and cool lights
- Corrosion-resistant black light pole
- Assembling is quite difficult
Portable Desk Lamps
Adding bedroom mood lighting doesn’t require expensive installations. You can just add a simple desk lamp to set the right mood. Lamps are portable and inexpensive, good alternatives to ceiling lights, sconces, and other bedroom lighting fixtures that require installation. If you are looking for a portable desk lamp you could use to match the winter season, here are some products that we suggest.
Here’s another voice-activated bedroom lighting: the Smart Table Lamp from Govee. You just have to download the Govee Home App on a mobile phone to activate the voice command feature. Aside from this, the app features various scene modes to set up the right mood at home. Take advantage of this feature to create a warm, comfortable ambiance in the bedroom during the cold, winter season.
You could also put the stereo on and play some Christmas music to set the holiday vibes. This smart table lamp has a music sync feature, so it jives together with your Christmas playlist. This helps create a lively vibe in the bedroom.
- Dimmable lights
- Lamp that syncs with music
- Hands-free, voice command feature
- 37 scene modes
- 4 music modes
- Lamp size is 7.87 inches x 4.06 inches
- Syncs to any music type
- Has a convenient automatic timer feature
- Easily adjust the settings with the Govee Home App
- Doesn’t dim enough
We use a lot of electronics and gadgets nowadays so we always end up with an overloaded power socket. This is dangerous as the socket could blow up and cause a fire. Avoid such incidents with this Ambient Portable Lamp from Govee. It’s a rechargeable lamp, so you only have to plug it in for a couple of minutes, and wait for it to fully charge. This helps free up the power sockets in your bedroom. What’s more, it’s portable, so you can bring it anywhere you go!
- Dynamic scene modes
- Brightness customization feature
- 3350mAh internal battery
- 32 scene modes/dynamic presets
- Cord length is 6.56 ft.
- Syncs with music
- Gives off a soft, vivid glow
- No WiFi or Alexa support
You don’t need colorful lamps to set the right winter mood. Sometimes, a classic wooden table lamp is enough. Just like this one from Aooshine. Winter bedroom mood lighting is all about incorporating soft, yellow lights to create a cozy atmosphere. This wooden table lamp fits the criteria as it exudes a comfortable glow. The fabric linen that wraps around the frame of the lamp helps soften the light.
- Minimalist design
- Non-flickering, soft light
- Cord length is 1.6 meters
- Overall dimensions are 4.1 inches x 4.1 inches x 13.2 inches
- Helps save space, thanks to its minimalist design
- Elegant, sleek design that is ideal for modern bedrooms
- Tends to wobble
Here’s another convenient lamp to consider: the Touch Lamp from UNIFUN. Change the color of the lamp with just a quick tap! You can also use the touch-activated feature to turn the lamp on and off. Moreover, it has a memory function so you don’t have to frequently repeat your desired settings.
- USB rechargeable
- Touch-activated panel
- Adjustable brightness
- Made of ABS plastic and LED light
- Power consumption is 9.5 watts
- Includes a 12-month warranty
- Energy-efficient bedroom lighting
- 360° light panel that releases a delicate light
- Battery doesn’t last long
The scary thing about using electronics is that they might suddenly short-circuit and explode. It’s a good thing that this Color Changing Cube from HOMCOM has a lithium-ion battery that doesn’t easily heat up even if you use it for almost 8 hours. Furthermore, this is an IP 54-rated lamp that has a waterproof and leak-proof design, so it’s sure to last for a long time.
- Soft light
- Multicolor RGB light
- 16 RGB colors
- 11.75-inch light cube
- 5 dimming levels with 4 lighting modes
- Equipped with an energy-saving battery
- Change the settings using either the remote control or the built-in button controls on the lamp
- Quite expensive for a portable lamp
Other Bedroom Mood Lighting
If you want to get creative with your bedroom lighting, you should check out these colorful, accent lights. Not only do they help enhance a bedroom’s interior, but they also keep the winter blues away as they help set a cheery mood. Just make sure to plan the placement of the lights first to avoid overwhelming your bedroom with so many colors.
Sometimes, it’s difficult to sleep at night if the weather is too cold. Even if there’s a soft bed and a thick comforter to keep us warm, these are still not enough to keep us comfortable. To make things feel warm and cozy, try changing one of the bedroom bulbs with these Smart Light Bulbs from Govee. These bulbs have 16 million color options, so you can easily find a soft, warm color to cozy up your bedroom.
Furthermore, adjusting the brightness and changing the color is easy as you only have to download the Govee Home App on a mobile phone. Use the app to configure the light settings.
- Timer function
- Voice and app control
- 8 preset scene modes
- Supports 2.4 GHz WiFi
- Lifespan is 50,000 hours
- Convenient, hands-free control
- Has a DIY color recognition feature
- Allow you to set a timer so it will automatically turn on/off
- Has WiFi connectivity issues
Ever seen those gaming rooms with cool LED lights? You could also use the same lights to set the right bedroom mood lighting for the winter. You just have to choose warm colors such as orange, red, and yellow and install them under your bed. This can make the bedroom look a lot more comfortable.
If you want a bedroom with LED lights, you may want to buy these LED Strip Lights from HitLights. They have a pre-cut design, so they are great for DIYs and customizations. In addition to that, these LED lights are equipped with strong self-adhesive tape.
- Ultra-bright LED strips
- Safe and durable adapter
- LED strip is 48 inches long
- 4 pre-cut RGB LED strips
- 5050 LED Strip with 48 LEDs
- Includes a 2-year warranty
- Wireless remote distance is up to 100 ft.
- UL-listed adapter that has overvoltage and short-circuit protection
- Connector wires are quite short
If you have so many things on your desk already, and there’s no more room to add a lamp, then just buy a couple of these Plug-In Night Lights from LOHAS. They work almost the same as a table lamp, except that you have to directly plug the light on a power socket. This helps reduce the risk of trips and falls in the bedroom.
What makes this plug-in a good bedroom mood lighting is that it has 10 brightness levels. You have the option to set it to the lowest brightness level to get a soft, dim light. Plus, there’s also a sleeping mode setting!
- Memory function
- Color-changing night light
- 9 static colors
- Remote sensing distance is 3 to 5 meters
- Night light size is 3.74 inches tall and 1.73 inches wide
- No harmful materials used
- Energy-saving LED mood lighting
- Change the settings with a remote control
- Delayed remote control response
Aside from under the bed and behind the computer or TV, LED lights could also be installed in other places in the bedroom. For example, installing them on cabinets and shelves. If you want to try this out, you should consider buying these LED Puck Lights from Clostcainet. These cool bedroom lights not only add mood to your bedroom, but they could also double as task lights.
- Built-in timer
- Power-saving mode
- 6 LED puck lights
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- Working time is up to 100 hours
- Neat, wireless design
- Makes bedrooms feel more comfortable with its natural soft light effect
- Adhesive is not that strong
Winters are much like rainy days as the sky is always covered with clouds. We rarely see the beautiful twinkling stars at night.
We can still hold a night of stargazing at the comfort of our beds with this Star Projector from SOLMORE. Colorful twinkling stars are projected on the ceiling walls, creating a whimsical atmosphere in the bedroom. This projector has a rotating feature, and a water ripple effect to make the stars look lively and dynamic.
- Timer function
- Color-changing modes
- Sound-control sync
- 6 brightness levels
- Maximum power is 12 W
- 10 color modes with 43 light effects
- Has a remote control
- Doubles as a music player
- Helps set a relaxing mood in the bedroom
- Lights don’t cover the entire room
As the winter season closes in, things will start to feel gloomy as the sun will constantly be concealed. With less sunlight exposure, our bodies will feel more tired than ever before. One way to combat winter blues is by adding bedroom mood lighting. This involves using LED lights and lamps to liven up the atmosphere in the bedroom.
Apart from using LED mood lights, you could also decorate your bedroom with these exquisite Christmas plants. These blooms could help brighten up the room and set up the holiday mood.