How To Store Your Shopkins
Modified: November 17, 2023
Learn the best methods for storing your Shopkins collection in this informative articles. Protect your valuable toys and keep them organized with these helpful tips.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Table of Contents
Welcome to the world of Shopkins, where miniature adorability meets collectible fun! Whether you’re a seasoned collector or just starting your Shopkins journey, one thing is for sure – you’ll need a good storage solution to keep your Shopkins organized and safe.
With hundreds of different Shopkins characters, including rare ones, limited editions, and special editions released in different series and collections, it’s easy for your Shopkins collection to grow rapidly. But without proper storage, you might find yourself struggling to find, protect, and display your beloved Shopkins.
In this article, we will explore ten essential tips to help you store your Shopkins effectively. From cleaning your Shopkins to selecting the right containers and maintaining your storage solution, these tips will ensure that your Shopkins are kept in excellent condition and are easily accessible for play or display.
So, let’s dive into the world of Shopkins storage and discover the best practices to keep your collection organized, protected, and ready for fun!
- Keep your Shopkins collection organized and protected by cleaning them before storage, sorting them by collection, using divided containers, and labeling storage containers. Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to maintain their quality and longevity.
- Enhance your storage solution by displaying select Shopkins, keeping small pieces secure in zip-top bags, and regularly checking and maintaining your storage setup. With these tips, your Shopkins collection will remain organized, accessible, and ready for play or display.
Read also: 15 Amazing Shopkins Lunch Box for 2023
Tip 1: Clean Your Shopkins before Storage
Before you begin storing your Shopkins, it’s crucial to ensure that they are clean and free from any dirt or residue. Over time, Shopkins can accumulate dust and grime, particularly if they have been played with or displayed.
To clean your Shopkins, start by rinsing them gently under lukewarm water. Avoid using hot water, as it can damage the plastic. If your Shopkins have stubborn stains or sticky residue, you can use a mild dish soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently scrub them. Ensure that you rinse off all the soap thoroughly.
After washing, pat your Shopkins dry using a clean cloth or paper towel. Make sure they are completely dry before storing them to prevent any moisture-related issues, such as mold or mildew.
By cleaning your Shopkins before storage, you’ll ensure that they remain in pristine condition and retain their value over time. Additionally, a clean collection is more enjoyable to look at and play with.
Tip 2: Sort your Shopkins by Collection or Series
Organizing your Shopkins by collection or series is a great way to keep them organized and easily accessible. With the ever-expanding world of Shopkins, it’s easy to accumulate various characters from different series and collections.
Start by separating your Shopkins into different groups based on their collection or series. You can use categories such as “Season 1,” “Season 2,” “Food Fair,” “Fashion Spree,” or any other specific collection or series names that you have in your collection.
Once you have sorted your Shopkins into groups, you can further organize them within each category. You can organize them alphabetically, by color, or even by theme, depending on your personal preference. This will make it easier for you to locate specific Shopkins when you want to find them.
If you have a large collection, consider using storage containers with multiple compartments or drawers to store each collection or series separately. This will help prevent your Shopkins from getting mixed up and make it easier to display or play with them.
Sorting your Shopkins by collection or series not only helps with organization but also adds a sense of satisfaction and completion to your collection. It allows you to appreciate the different characters and themes within each series and makes it easier to track your progress in completing a particular collection.
Tip 3: Use Divided Containers or Organizers
When it comes to storing your Shopkins, using divided containers or organizers can be a game-changer. These containers are designed with compartments or dividers that allow you to separate and store your Shopkins individually, keeping them neat and organized.
Divided containers come in various shapes and sizes, providing you with the flexibility to choose the one that best suits your needs. You can opt for small containers with multiple compartments, perfect for storing individual Shopkins or smaller sets. If you have larger collections or playsets, consider larger containers or organizers with adjustable dividers.
One advantage of divided containers is that they prevent your Shopkins from rubbing against each other, reducing the risk of scratches or damage. Each Shopkins has its unique design, which you want to preserve as much as possible. Divided containers also make it easier to locate and access specific Shopkins, saving you time and frustration.
For added convenience, choose containers with transparent lids or clear sides. This allows you to see the contents of each compartment without having to open the container. You can easily identify which collection or series is stored in each container without having to rummage through your entire collection.
Consider investing in stackable divided containers or organizers to maximize your storage space. Stackable options help save space and keep your storage area neater. This is especially beneficial if you have limited space or if you plan to display your Shopkins on shelves or in cabinets.
Using divided containers or organizers not only keeps your Shopkins organized and protected but also makes it easier to transport and travel with your collection. It’s an efficient and practical storage solution that allows you to enjoy your Shopkins wherever you go!
Tip 4: Label Your Storage Containers
When you have a sizable Shopkins collection, it’s essential to label your storage containers to make locating specific characters or sets a breeze. Labeling your containers not only helps you stay organized but also saves you time and effort when searching for a particular Shopkins item.
There are several ways you can label your storage containers. One simple method is to use adhesive labels or stickers. Write the name of the collection or series on the label and affix it to the container. You can also use a label maker for more professional-looking labels with clear text and easy-to-read fonts.
If you prefer a more creative approach, consider using colorful markers or paints to write directly on the container. This adds a personal touch to your storage solution and can be especially fun if you involve your children or other family members in the labeling process.
Be sure to label both the top and the sides of the containers if they will be stacked or stored in a way that makes the top label inaccessible. This way, you can easily identify the contents of each container, even when they are stored vertically.
Additionally, if you have a particular order or arrangement within your containers, such as sorting by color or theme, you can include that information on the labels as well. This extra detail will help you maintain the organization of your collection when adding or retrieving Shopkins from your storage.
By labeling your storage containers, you’ll have a systematic way of locating your Shopkins without having to dig through every container. It saves time, eliminates frustration, and ensures that your collection remains organized and easily accessible for play or display.
Read more: How To Store Your Purses
Tip 5: Store Shopkins in a Cool, Dry Place
Proper storage conditions are crucial for preserving the quality and longevity of your Shopkins collection. To ensure that your Shopkins remain in excellent condition, it’s important to store them in a cool and dry place.
Exposure to excessive heat or humidity can cause damage to the plastic and paint of your Shopkins, leading to discoloration, warping, or even mold growth. Therefore, it’s best to avoid storing your Shopkins in areas such as attics, basements, or rooms that are prone to temperature fluctuations or high humidity.
Find a location in your home that maintains a consistent temperature and humidity level. Ideally, the temperature should be around 68°F to 72°F (20°C to 22°C), and the humidity level should be between 40% and 50%. This will help prevent any damage or degradation to your Shopkins over time.
If you live in a region with high humidity levels, consider using humidity control methods such as using dehumidifiers or placing moisture-absorbing packets in your storage area. This will help reduce the moisture in the space and protect your Shopkins from potential damage.
In addition to temperature and humidity control, it’s important to store your Shopkins away from direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause fading and damage to the colors and materials of your Shopkins. Choose a storage area that is away from windows or use curtains or blinds to block out sunlight.
Remember, a cool and dry storage environment will go a long way in preserving the quality and appearance of your Shopkins collection. By taking these precautions, you’ll be able to enjoy your Shopkins for years to come without worrying about any potential damage.
Store your Shopkins in a clear, plastic container with compartments to keep them organized and easily accessible. Label each compartment to easily find specific Shopkins. Keep the container in a cool, dry place to prevent any damage.
Tip 6: Avoid Direct Sunlight Exposure
Direct sunlight can be harmful to your Shopkins collection, causing fading and discoloration over time. To protect your Shopkins from the damaging effects of sunlight, it’s important to store them in a location where they won’t be exposed to direct sunlight.
Sunlight contains ultraviolet (UV) rays that can cause the colors of your Shopkins to fade and materials to deteriorate. This is especially true for Shopkins made from plastic or with painted surfaces. Continuous exposure to sunlight can result in a loss of vibrancy and overall quality.
Choose a storage area that is away from windows, or if you have no other option than to place them near a window, consider using curtains or blinds to block out the sunlight. This will help protect your Shopkins from prolonged exposure to UV rays.
If you like to display your Shopkins, consider using shelves or display cases made with UV-resistant glass or acrylic. These materials help to filter out the harmful UV rays and provide an added layer of protection for your collection.
Furthermore, if you’ve invested in rare or collectible Shopkins, you may want to consider using display stands or containers that offer UV protection. These specially designed stands or containers shield your Shopkins from direct sunlight without obscuring their visibility.
By avoiding direct sunlight exposure, you can ensure that your Shopkins retain their original vibrant colors and overall aesthetic appeal. Protecting your collection in this way will help maintain their value and make them more enjoyable to look at and display.
Tip 7: Keep Small Pieces Secure
Shopkins often come with various small accessories and pieces that are essential to complete the set or play experience. To prevent these small pieces from getting lost or misplaced, it’s important to keep them secure during storage.
One way to keep small Shopkins accessories secure is by using small zip-top bags or resealable pouches. Place the accessories or small pieces in their corresponding bags and ensure they are sealed tightly. This will not only keep them organized but also protect them from dust, dirt, and potential damage.
Consider storing these small bags or pouches alongside the Shopkins set or collection they belong to. You can place them in the same divided container or organizer, making it easy to locate and access them when needed.
If you prefer a more visual and interactive storage solution, you can use small plastic containers with compartments for each accessory. These containers often have clear lids, allowing you to see the contents and easily identify which accessories are stored inside.
Alternatively, you can designate a separate storage container specifically for the small accessories. This can be a small drawer, a small box, or even a dedicated pocket in a larger storage case. Just make sure to label the container or compartment so that you know it is specifically for small accessories.
By keeping the small pieces secure, you’ll minimize the risk of losing or misplacing them. It ensures that your Shopkins sets are complete and ready for play whenever you want to enjoy a specific theme or scene. Additionally, it saves you the trouble of searching for missing pieces and helps maintain the overall organization of your collection.
Tip 8: Store Shopkins in Ziploc Bags
When it comes to storing and organizing your Shopkins collection, Ziploc bags can be your best friend. These resealable plastic bags are both versatile and practical, making them an ideal choice for storing your Shopkins.
Using Ziploc bags offers several benefits for storing your Shopkins:
- Protection: Ziploc bags provide a protective barrier against dust, dirt, and moisture, helping to keep your Shopkins clean and in excellent condition. The tight seal prevents any potential damage caused by external elements.
- Visibility: The clear plastic design of Ziploc bags allows you to see the contents without having to open them. This makes it easy to quickly identify which characters or sets are inside each bag, saving you time and effort when searching for specific Shopkins.
- Organization: Ziploc bags offer a convenient way to organize and group your Shopkins. You can sort them by collection, series, or any other criteria that suit your preference. The bags can be labeled or color-coded for further organization, making it easier to locate and access different sets or characters.
- Portability: Ziploc bags are lightweight and easy to carry, making them perfect for on-the-go play or transportation. Whether you’re taking your Shopkins to a friend’s house or going on a trip, placing them in Ziploc bags ensures that they are secure and protected during transit.
- Cost-effective: Ziploc bags are a budget-friendly storage solution for your Shopkins collection. They are readily available and come in various sizes to accommodate different sets or quantities of Shopkins. You can purchase them in bulk, saving you money in the long run compared to other storage options.
When storing Shopkins in Ziploc bags, it’s important to place each set or group of characters in their own bag to prevent them from getting mixed up. You can then place the bags in a larger container, such as a divided organizer or storage box, for added organization.
Remember to keep the bags sealed tightly to ensure maximum protection for your Shopkins. This will help keep them clean, organized, and ready for play or display whenever you’re in the mood for some Shopkins fun!
Read more: How To Store Your Toothbrush
Tip 9: Consider Displaying Some Shopkins
While storing your Shopkins in containers is practical and keeps them safe, showcasing some of your favorite or most prized Shopkins can add a delightful touch to your space. Displaying a select few Shopkins allows you to enjoy their charm and show off your collection to others.
There are several creative ways you can display your Shopkins:
- Shelving: Install small shelves on your wall to create a dedicated display area for your Shopkins. You can arrange them according to themes, colors, or collections. Displaying your Shopkins on shelves not only provides a visual treat but also makes them easily accessible for play or admiration.
- Shadow boxes: Shadow boxes are a perfect way to showcase your Shopkins while keeping them protected. These box frames have a glass or acrylic front panel, providing visibility while keeping your Shopkins safe from dust and damage. Arrange your Shopkins inside the shadow box and mount it on the wall for a stunning display piece.
- Display stands and cases: Use individual Shopkins display stands or clear acrylic cases to showcase specific Shopkins that hold sentimental value or are part of a limited edition. These stands and cases allow you to highlight particular characters without compromising their safety or cleanliness.
- Themed displays: Create themed displays using accessories and miniatures that complement your Shopkins. Set up a miniature kitchen or a cute play scene to give your Shopkins a whimsical backdrop. This adds an extra layer of creativity and ensures that your Shopkins become the centerpiece of a charming display.
- Rotating displays: If you have a collection of Shopkins that you love equally and want to showcase them all, consider using rotating display platforms. These platforms rotate your Shopkins, allowing you to enjoy every character without taking up excessive space.
When displaying your Shopkins, keep them away from direct sunlight or any potential hazards that could damage them. Regularly dust and clean the display area to ensure that your Shopkins remain in pristine condition.
Displaying some of your Shopkins adds a touch of personality to your space and allows you to appreciate the charming details of each character. It’s a great way to share your love for Shopkins with others and create a unique visual display that brings joy to your everyday life.
Tip 10: Regularly Check and Maintain Your Storage Solution
Once you have established a storage solution for your Shopkins collection, it’s important to regularly check and maintain it to ensure the longevity and organization of your beloved figures. Regular maintenance helps prevent any potential issues and keeps your storage solution efficient and effective.
Here are some steps to consider when maintaining your storage solution:
- Inspect for damage: Periodically inspect your storage containers, divided organizers, or display cases for any signs of damage. Check for cracks, loose hinges, or other issues that could compromise the integrity of the storage solution. Replace or repair any damaged components to ensure the continued protection of your Shopkins.
- Reorganize as needed: Over time, you may acquire new Shopkins or change your organization preferences. Take the opportunity to reorganize your storage solution as needed. This can involve re-sorting your Shopkins or tweaking the arrangement of containers and compartments for better accessibility.
- Remove and clean: Occasionally, remove your Shopkins from their storage containers and give them a gentle cleaning. Wipe away any dust or residue using a soft cloth or a dry Q-tip. This helps maintain the cleanliness and appearance of your collection.
- Rotate displays: If you have Shopkins displayed, consider rotating the characters periodically. This ensures that different Shopkins get their time in the spotlight and prevents any unnecessary wear or fading from prolonged display.
- Update labels: As your collection expands or changes, update the labels on your storage containers or organizers accordingly. This helps keep track of your Shopkins and ensures that you can easily locate specific sets or characters when needed.
- Reevaluate storage solutions: As your collection grows, you may need to reassess your storage needs. If you find that your current storage solution is becoming overcrowded or inefficient, consider upgrading to larger or more specialized containers or organizers to accommodate your expanding collection.
Regularly checking and maintaining your storage solution ensures that your Shopkins remain organized, protected, and easily accessible. It also gives you an opportunity to refresh your collection and make any necessary adjustments to optimize your storage setup.
By dedicating some time to the maintenance of your storage solution, you can extend the lifespan of your Shopkins, preserve their value, and continue to enjoy the magic of these tiny collectibles for years to come.
Storing your Shopkins collection properly is essential to keep them organized, protected, and ready for play or display. By following these ten essential tips, you can ensure that your Shopkins remain in excellent condition while also adding a touch of creativity and personalization to your storage solution.
Clean your Shopkins before storage to keep them looking their best, and sort them by collection or series for easy accessibility. Utilize divided containers or organizers to keep your Shopkins neat and secure, and label your storage containers to quickly identify their contents.
Store your Shopkins in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent damage and discoloration. Keep small pieces secure in zip-top bags or dedicated compartments to avoid misplacing them, and consider displaying some of your favorite Shopkins to add charm to your space.
Regularly check and maintain your storage solution by inspecting for any damage, reorganizing when needed, and cleaning your Shopkins periodically. Rotate displays, update labels, and reevaluate your storage needs as your collection expands.
With these tips in mind, you can create an efficient and enjoyable storage solution for your Shopkins collection. Whether you’re a dedicated collector or just starting your Shopkins journey, proper storage will ensure that your beloved characters are always organized, protected, and ready for endless fun and imaginative play!
Frequently Asked Questions about How To Store Your Shopkins
Was this page helpful?
At Storables.com, we guarantee accurate and reliable information. Our content, validated by Expert Board Contributors, is crafted following stringent Editorial Policies. We're committed to providing you with well-researched, expert-backed insights for all your informational needs.