10 Small Drawers to Store Your Supplies With
Modified: October 7, 2021
Keep all of your essentials within reach with these fantastic picks for small drawers you can put anywhere you want. Boost your efficiency with these tips.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
More than ever, people are now putting more specialized attention on their office setup. Many have started to reassess and question if what they have is actually holding them back from being more efficient while doing their work. A lot of it actually has to do with how we store our things. Is there a lot of clutter on your desk? Are there things that you can technically just put on a shelf to make way for something more important?
These simple questions can actually transform your whole workflow and draw out a surprising amount of efficiency just by moving a couple of things around. One of the most popular solutions to this is to get a good and reliable office file cabinet where you can store the big things and give them a proper home.
What we’re focusing on today are the small ones. You can’t exactly dump your pens in a large drawer because it’s going to get instantly lost in the void. With storage, a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work all the time. If you give your small things a little bit of extra love and care, you won’t be scrambling amid a pile of clutter all the time. There are so many ways to add some small drawers to your office setup. If you don’t really have the money to spare for a new small desk with drawers, then you can also go for something as simple as a handy dandy desk shelf to add storage options to your existing furniture.
In this list, you can find some great options to totally remake your storage in the workplace to have all of your essentials within reach. It will also be just as easy to put them back until you need them again. Save yourself all that time and effort with these pieces of fantastic furniture with small drawers.
- Clean and white minimalist design.
- Four drawers and one fixed open shelf with the desk.
- Measures 19.09 inches by 43.31 inches by 29.92 inches.
- This weighs 60.41 pounds.
- Easy to assemble with modesty panel.
- Looks great anywhere you put it.
- It can look a bit too generic.
There’s a big reason why white is the most popular color for furniture around the world. It’s sleek, clean, and looks light on the eyes. The best place to start adding drawers is definitely your workspace. You can make your desk work more for you and get more value for your money by simply investing in a desk that also features a few small drawers. You can store all of your work essentials depending on what you usually do and keep them in drawers of various sizes that you can personalize with your own system.
- Stackable drawer systems you can put anywhere.
- Made with MDF and finished with a laminate.
- Measures 15.75 inches by 11.42 inches by 12 inches.
- This has a weight tolerance of 6.6 pounds per drawer and 22 pounds on top.
- Very customizable furniture for home or office.
- The laminate used could be better and more realistic.
If you don’t want a full cabinet taking up a lot of room, there are smaller alternatives that you can stagger all around the house. This low cabinet only features two drawers and is also quite low. If you have an awkward space, this might be totally worth your consideration. The neutral wood tone used in the laminate is also very suitable for almost any interior motif. You’ll get a very versatile piece of furniture that you can stack on the floor or even place as a desktop organizer.
- Industrial style desk to accent your space.
- Gorgeous realistic wood look.
- Measures 53.1 inches by 20.5 inches by 47.6 inches.
- Made with waterproof and anti-scratch P2 Particle Board and thickened steel frame.
- Highly useful and looks great anywhere.
- Drawers could also be wood.
Industrial-style furniture is highly popular right now because of its rustic look and durable craftsmanship that’s made to last for years. They also make wonderful accents that liven up space because of their robust design. This piece by X-cosrack grants a gorgeous contrast when you incorporate your personal computer and add sleek elements to balance out the rustic wood laminates used. To top it off, this industrial desk features two fabric drawers where you can place important things such as documents and other gadgets.
- Acrylic drawers you can place on top of anywhere.
- Clear storage for different purposes.
- Measures 6 inches by 7.9 inches by 4.5 inches.
- Comes in heights of 4.5 inches, 6.75 inches, and 12 inches.
- The gorgeous universal design looks very versatile.
- Might get yellowish in time.
In the mid-2010s, acrylic was all the rage as a desktop organizer. While the fanfare was mostly made for vanities, acrylic small drawers can look gorgeous anywhere and for any purpose. It doesn’t just have to be make-up or skincare that it holds, but you can also store art or writing materials in it. It’s a stylish way of adding storage to your spaces and grants you perfect visibility to its contents. Additionally, it’s totally on-trend even in 2021 so there’s just no way you could regret this choice.
- Gorgeous Scandinavian cabinet design.
- Highly mobile and highly versatile.
- Measures 19.3 inches by 16 inches by 26.3 inches.
- Can be ordered with and without assembly service.
- Works as a vanity drawer and an office cabinet.
- Assembly service is a bit pricey.
If you’ve ever watched YouTube videos in the early 2010s, you’ve probably seen this design for cabinets already. It was popularized by Ikea and became an instant hit for its seamless look and super clean aesthetic which is usually what Scandinavian design is best known for. This mobile cabinet is a total winner with its small drawers that feature a notch that you can pull instead of hardware that may tarnish or degrade through typical wear and tear.
People Who Search For small drawers Also Search For
- Unique vintage design for an accent.
- Complete with card catalog-style hardware.
- Measures 9.8 inches by 13.6 inches by 7.1 inches.
- This weighs a total of five pounds.
- It has a beautiful old-world vintage look.
- It is not designed to be stackable.
Even in 2021, people can still enjoy and appreciate beautiful vintage designs. With the landscape of furniture design veering towards simple and minimalist designs, it can be quite refreshing to see some details and ornate features. The carcass of this little wooden cabinet is still pretty simple, but it speaks volumes with its card catalog hardware that gives it so much character and individuality. Pieces like this are best paired with clean and modern pieces to create a more contemporary vibe while the small drawers keep all your small essentials safe and ready to be used any time.
- Stackable bamboo drawers are perfect for any room.
- Designed to be used with other MobileVision products.
- Measures 10.75 inches by 7 inches by 3.25 inches.
- Makes use of rubber non-slip feet that looks seamless.
- Non-slip pads are ideal for kitchen use.
- Lacks more solid hardware for drawers.
It can be tricky to find nice additional small drawers for your kitchen because most desktop drawers are made for dry surfaces. However, this bamboo piece from MobileVision is the answer to all our prayers by simply adding non-stick pads on the bottom to keep it securely in place even if things get a little sticky in the kitchen. The best part is that it adds a lot of warmth and life with its natural bamboo finish which is welcome in any kitchen interior.
- Spacious fabric drawers with black steel frame.
- Has a gorgeous dark and gold contrasting color scheme.
- Measures 17.7 inches by 11.7 inches by 36.4 inches.
- This cabinet weighs a total of 15.8 pounds.
- Offers a lot of storage space and looks chic.
- The fabric needs to be washed periodically.
For more sizable objects, dressers with small drawers are the best way to go. You get to make use of all the vertical space while also having a beautiful piece of furniture to help frame your personal spaces. This particular option from ROMOON offers a column-type dresser with four large drawers where you can store almost anything you can think of. On the top, you can make it pretty and personal by placing accessories such as scented candles or even a pot of flowers.
- Vertical small dresser designed for tight areas.
- Versatile dresser for every room in the house.
- Measures 8 inches by 19 inches by 29.7 inches.
- Slim fabric drawers are made for compact spaces.
- Beautiful beige and neutral tones give it a luxurious look.
- Fabric drawers might not be best for bathrooms.
If you struggle with a lot of awkwardly narrow spaces, there are also small dressers that are made to address this very problem. They have some decent depth to accommodate objects of various sizes, but the real star of the show here is the width. A lot of you have probably encountered having that strange nook in the kitchen; you probably also noticed this in the bathroom. You can add a small dresser such as this one and it can completely change that space into something that’s totally functional and beautiful.
- Extra slim drawers made for documents and tools.
- Easily stackable and very durable for daily use.
- Measures 13.79 inches by 11.02 inches by 4.33 inches.
- Made with natural wood and sleek black hardware.
- It will add warmth and function anywhere you place it.
- Might need some sealant to make it more durable.
Storing documents on your desk can be a real challenge. It’s rare to find specialized storage for documents especially today in a more digital age. The last thing you want is to place it in a regular drawer where so many things can fall on top of it, risking wrinkling and tearing. You can help keep papers in flawlessly pristine condition by investing in slim wooden drawers such as this. The best part is its vintage hardware makes it look like an antique to give your modern desk that surprising breath of fresh air.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On Furniture With Small Drawers
1. Why aren’t regular cabinets with drawers enough?
There are countless types of items in our personal spaces. While there are a lot of things that you put in that spacious cabinet drawer, it isn’t really the wisest idea to just put everything there. When you think of a shallow drawer, you obviously won’t want to put your clothes or folded towels there. However, it would be the absolute perfect space to place your pens in the office; if it were the kitchen, your cooking tools. Deep drawers would just have you digging through its contents, which is a waste of time and space. The different sizes of items will require different storage requirements. And believe us when we say the last thing you want is to have your favorite pen lost in the depths of a big drawer.
2. What if I don’t have the space for more furniture?
You can still boost your storage capacity by thinking vertically. One of the most common mistakes in home decor is not using vertical space more. We tend to take more of the floor space without realizing there is still so much real estate we’ve yet to utilize. In the case of small drawers, you don’t need to overhaul your desk if you’re on a budget. You certainly don’t need to go out and get a whole new cabinet or cupboard if you don’t really have the floor space. The simple solution to this is to go out and get desk shelves which you can just place on top of your counter or desk and you instantly have more space to store your tools and essentials. They usually come pretty cheaply, too.
3. Where can I put small drawers at home?
You can make use of small storage spaces such as small drawers virtually anywhere. A great way to think about where to put them is to ask yourself if that room makes use of small objects such as utensils, pens, and other similar tools that require a quick reach. Even in the bathroom, you want to keep your toothbrushes or razors from just being out in the open. On your vanity, your makeup is better to be laid out instead of stacked on top of each other in a deep drawer. Even in places like your closet, a small drawer can perfectly house your collection of sunglasses. The possibilities are surprisingly endless for small drawers at home.
Getting furniture with small drawings seems like such a small consideration that it can be negligible to a lot of people. However, what a lot of people don’t realize is that these small additions can make a world of a difference in your storage efficiency. You’ve probably had a dilemma of finding the perfect place to keep certain things. For example, a large cabinet is perfect for storing your old luggage bags while putting your art supplies there could mean underutilizing a lot of the height or width that the luggage could’ve filled better.
The things we use every single day are probably the biggest benefactors of small drawers when you really think about it. Everything from your charger to pens to even flash drives deserve a storage space where you can quickly access them without needing to waste time digging around. Small drawers are the perfect proof that making the smallest of changes can have even the biggest of impacts.