10 Best Immersion Blenders for Your Culinary Adventures
Modified: October 21, 2022
Sometimes you just want a day-to-day kitchen appliance that’s easy to use, store, and clean. Come and find the best immersion blender for that!
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Home cooking is on the rise, and more people are looking for convenient kitchen tools that can perform multiple tasks. Sometimes you just want a day-to-day kitchen appliance that’s easy to use, store, and clean. In this case, an immersion blender might be the perfect addition to your cooking arsenal.
The Immersion Blender Vs Traditional Appliances
Immersion blenders are good for many things – pureeing, crushing, and, of course, blending. These functions can even be expanded depending on the attachments you buy with your handheld blender. But, how do they stack up against the bigger machines that do the exact same thing?
It turns out, they do pretty well! You’ll definitely find more power in a countertop blender, a stand mixer, and a food processor, but the thing is, that much power isn’t always necessary. Even the best immersion blender may take a little longer to turn that squash into soup, but it saves on counter space and cleaning time, making it the perfect little tool for smaller or less demanding projects. It can’t replace all your fancy kitchen gear, but it can substitute if you’re looking for an all-rounder.
Pros and Cons of Immersion Blenders
Admit it. Making one smoothie that takes up a third of your countertop blender’s pitcher isn’t really worth it when it’s cleaning time. Immersion blenders are lauded for being quick to clean while cutting down on dishes that need to be washed. They’re designed to fit in a glass when you’re blending up a smoothie and can go straight into a pot when pureeing some soup. Their smaller size makes them easy to maneuver and keep, and the cordless variety of hand blenders only adds to this reputation. Some of the best immersion blenders also have various attachments, adding even more diversity to the convenient tool.
The main drawback of an emulsion blender, however, is its power. With tinier motors, they can have a hard time keeping up with other kitchen appliances. Their small size may make larger projects more difficult, and their attachments are not as diverse as those you’d find in, say, a stand mixer. But, in the end, many find that the little handheld blender more than meets many of their every day kitchen needs.
Types of Immersion Blenders
If you have your heart set on purchasing the best immersion blender, there are tons to choose from, especially if you’re looking for a base model. We’ve put together a guide for some of the best hand blenders you can buy now on Amazon, complete with their key features, specifications, and pros and cons. Don’t miss our recommendations for sets with extra attachments a little lower down too!
The Multi-Speed Immersion Blender from Amazon Basics is a good place to start if you’re looking for a sleek and simple hand blender. It comes in at a light 2 pounds with a silicone, non-slip handle and a sturdy, stainless steel build. There’s a set option for this one too under the same listing if you decide you want to use its powerful base motor for whisking and chopping.
- Elongated, detachable blending stick
- Silicone, non-slip grip
- Built with stainless steel hardware
- Additional accessories available for purchase with the main unit
- 2.22 inches x 2.22 inches x 17.4 inches
- 2 pounds
- Easy to use
- Feels sturdy and comfortable in-hand
- High-quality for its price
- Blending shaft and blade are not dishwasher-safe
The Moss and Stone Hand Blender with Egg Whisk comes with a dishwasher-safe shaft that makes cleanup even easier. This emulsion blender offers two mixing speed options, allowing you to vary the rate at which your food is pureed to avoid spills or control consistency. The unit comes bundled with a whisk, but can also be purchased with a chopper should you choose to.
- Detachable, dishwasher-safe shaft
- Additional accessories are available to purchase as a set with the main unit
- 2 mixing speed options
- 9.29 inches x 6.18 inches x 4.21 inches
- 1.95 pounds
- Cleanup is easy
- Turbo mode is instant
- Buttons are hard to press
If you want a stylish piece of kitchen gear, then the Cordless Variable Speed Hand Blender from KitchenAid may catch your eye. Coming in a range of colors, this pretty hand blender is cordless and perfectly mobile no matter where in the kitchen you need to be. Its long battery life makes it great for a cooking spree, and it keeps its charge for long periods in your kitchen drawer. The removable pan guard protects your other kitchen tools while the included blending jar may just serve as your next favorite smoothie container.
- Cordless with rechargeable batteries
- 4-point stainless steel blade
- Removable pan guard
- Variable speed trigger switch
- Includes blending jar with lid
- 13.54 inches x 4.65 inches x 4.57 inches
- 2.86 pounds
- Long battery life
- Sturdy & sufficiently powerful
- Retains charge well while stored
- Comes in multiple colors
- Difficult to control
GE’s Immersion Handheld Blender packs quite a punch. Everything from soups to mashed potatoes is no problem. This immersion blender’s ergonomic grip even lets you manage this powerhouse in one hand as you toss or drizzle in ingredients. All this plus its stainless steel finish and dishwasher-safe attachments make this handheld blender a good match for any chef on a tight schedule.
- 2 speed options
- Stainless steel finish
- Ergonomically designed for one-handed use
- Dishwasher-safe attachments
- 3 inches x 2.1 inches x 15.2 inches
- 2.81 pounds
- Premium build quality
- Powerful motor
- Easy to clean
- Attachment may be difficult to remove
The Cordless Rechargeable Immersion Blender from All-Clad is built with a premium market in mind. From its quick-charge base to its careful safety lock feature, this hand-held blender is sure to find a home in the most modern of kitchens. Whether you’re a professional or a home cook, if you’re looking for a new kitchen tool coated in class, you’ll find it right here.
- Cordless with a quick-charge base
- 5 speed settings
- Safety lock button
- 10.98 inches x 7.09 inches x 5.04 inches
- 2.97 pounds
- 1-piece shaft that doesn’t leak
- 5 speed options are sufficiently varied
- Simple controls and safety switch
- The large body may not fit certain jars & cups
Multi-Functional Immersion Blender Sets
Buying the basic stick blender first is a good idea if you only need it for blending and pureeing, or if you want to just give hand blenders a try before committing. But if you want to go all out on a multi-purpose little marvel, then a set with attachments is for you. Let’s take a look at some of the best immersion blender combos out there.
One good bang for the buck is the 9-Speed Immersion Blender, Whisk, and Chopper set from SHARDOR. This range of tools for your new hand blender lets you keep the larger appliances in the cupboard for lazy mornings. Whip up some eggs, chop some greens, and puree some soup all with this handy gadget.
- 9 options for changing speed
- Non-slip grip
- Detachable parts are dishwasher-safe
- Set includes a food chopper, whisk, and mixing beaker
- 10 inches x 7.8 inches x 9.4 inches
- 3.19 pounds
- 17.6-ounce food chopper
- 24.7-ounce mixing beaker
- Motor base is powerful and sturdy
- All included accessories function well
- Essential set that provides good value for money
- Disk-shaped end reduces splatter
- Rather heavy
If you want even more freedom in the kitchen, then you can grab this 4-in-1 Cordless Hand Blender set from DmofwHi. Providing ample mobility and a range of different attachments for the handheld motor, this emulsion blender and its inclusions are sure to make your kitchen life easier. Its safety lock feature, battery indicator, and long run-time are quality additions that make it a good buy.
- Cordless & rechargeable via USB-C
- 2 speed settings
- Safety lock feature
- Set includes a blending attachment, whisk, chopper, and blending jar
- 15.98 inches x 9.53 inches x 5.87 inches
- 3.23 pounds
- 700-milliliter blending jar
- Cordless for easy movement around the kitchen
- Quality look and feel
- Long run time on a single charge
- Lacks power
Observant readers may recognize this Cordless Variable Speed Hand Blender with Attachments from KitchenAid. After all, the base model appeared earlier on in our list. But with its high-quality build and the ample additions to the set, we figured it was worth a second mention. With new first-rate attachments paired with the same premium blending arm, four-point stainless steel blade, and pan guard, those looking for more from the original hand blender need to look no further.
- Cordless with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Variable speed trigger & safety switch
- Dishwasher-safe accessories & blade
- Includes a blending arm, a chopper, a pitcher with lid, a whisk, and a removable pan guard
- Package dimensions are 14.7 inches x 12 inches x 5.2 inches
- Package weight is 4.99 pounds
- 1-liter BPA-free pitcher with lid
- Versatility from multiple accessories
- Cordless and holds battery charge when stored
- Easy to use and powerful
- Pan guard protects cooking implements
- Blender arm, chopper attachment, and whisk adapter are not dishwasher-safe
The Cordless Multi-Angle Immersion Blender Set from Toogel is built for versatility. The motor has an adjustable arm, which you can connect to the different attachments. This lets you reach those tricky corners even with a splash guard on top of your containers. In addition, it’s one of the few handheld blender sets that has a separate attachment for a beater and a whisk. While whisks are multi-functional, their main focus is to incorporate air, while a beater is better at mixing up batters and such. Having both on hand is a big plus when you’re trying to follow recipes to the letter.
- Multi-angle adjustment
- Over-current protection
- Adjustable to 21 speeds
- Set includes a blending arm, a beater, a whisk, a chopper, and a beaker
- 11.2 inches x 5.9 inches x 7.5 inches
- 1 pound
- 700-milliliter beaker
- Long battery life
- Versatile angle adjustment
- Cordless feature allows for easy movement
- Power switch is not sturdy
The 5-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender from VAVSEA offers yet another fascinating attachment to try. In addition to the typical whisk, blending arm, and chopper, a milk frother is included in this set. Its 12 speeds ensure you’ll always have just the right setting for what you’re making, whether it be a morning latte, lunch sauce, or evening soup. Keep kitchen work interesting with all these new ways to prep your favorite meals.
- 12 speed settings with a turbo function
- Quick-click attachment and detachment of accessories
- Package includes a blender stick, egg whisk, chopper, and milk frother
- Package dimensions are 10.12 inches x 9.92 inches x 5.35 inches
- Item weight is 3.25 pounds
- 17-ounce chopper
- 22-ounce beaker
- Quality materials
- Easy to handle
- Runs quietly
- Doesn’t overheat easily
- Lacks a safety lock