14 Utensil Holders to Display Your Classy Cutlery
Modified: May 12, 2022
Say goodbye to messy kitchen drawers and cabinets with these functional utensil holders! Discover how they can improve your kitchen layout.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
No matter how often you clean and organize your kitchen cabinets and shelves, they always end up messy after cooking. And sometimes when rummaging through the drawers looking for some kitchen tools, you could unknowingly make a cluttered mess. Avoid such kitchen dilemmas with utensil holders.
Why Do You Need a Utensil Holder?
With utensil holders, you get to display your kitchen tools to make them more accessible. Cooking meals will now be a lot faster and more efficient if those kitchen tools and utensils are right where you can easily reach them. You are less likely to burn a meal now that your spatula is within a hand’s reach.
Moreover, hosting house parties will be less of a hassle with utensil holders. Some of them are designed to hold spoons, forks, and knives. No longer do you have to hand out these utensils one by one. Just place it on the table to make it easier for everyone to get their spoon or fork! You can leave some extra utensils in case someone drops a spoon and needs a new one.
These utensil holders could also be used as kitchen accessories to enhance a kitchen interior. You could find some that have a rustic, vintage design, while some have an exquisite minimalist look. Whether you have an English-style kitchen or a traditional kitchen layout, you can find a utensil holder that will fit your kitchen setup.
What Can Be Repurposed for Utensil Holders?
Just think of something that can hold a set of utensils. It could be a small wooden box or a used tin can. Be creative and decorate it to turn it into a beautiful utensil holder. You could also use a wire mesh, and make use of versatile S hooks. This would come in handy if you want to hang your utensils in the kitchen. It all just boils down to your creativity and imagination.
14 Best Utensil Holders
If you do not want to go through the trouble of creating a DIY utensil holder, you can just buy one instead. Below, we have listed some of the best utensil holders of all time! Whether it’s a large serving spoon, spatula, or knife, these versatile utensil holders can help keep the kitchen and dining area organized.
Since spoons are considered one of the most used utensils, we’ll start with these spoon holders. They may be one of your least priorities as they don’t seem like a necessity, but they have many uses. Not only do they help avoid messy countertops, but they also prevent the spoons and spatulas from getting in contact with the germs and bacteria lurking in the kitchen countertop.
We tend to choose affordable products if we’re on a tight budget. However, we must never sacrifice quality over price. Buying cheap, low-quality products will only hurt our wallets in the long run. Before making a purchase, always consider the durability of the product.
If you want a quality utensil holder, consider choosing this Marble Spoon Holder from CraftsOfEgypt. It might be a little expensive, but trust me, it’s worth it. This spoon holder is made from marble, and marble is considered one of the most durable manufacturing materials. It’s also highly resistant to shattering, so even if you accidentally drop this utensil holder on the floor, it won’t easily break.
- Available in four colors: white, beige, black, green
- Marble spoon holder is 6 ½ inches long and about 3 ½ inches wide
- Keeps the countertop drip-free
- A great addition to marble countertops
- Quite expensive
The disadvantage of using wooden kitchen tools is that they get easily stained. Fortunately, this Wooden Spoon Holder from Zulay Kitchen is coated with lacquer so it’s fairly easy to clean. You’ll also like the fact that this utensil holder is made from organic Acacia wood. This is considered one of the strongest hardwoods in the world, so rest assured that this spoon holder will last long.
- Built-in silicone pads
- Lightweight kitchen utensil holder
- Made of Acacia wood
- Overall measurements are 4.7 inches x 4.5 inches x 0.71 inches
- Easy to clean, scratch-resistant spoon holder
- Silicone pads underneath prevent the spoon holder from sliding
- Not available in sets
When hosting house parties, it’s best to designate a serving spoon to each dish to avoid cross-contamination. Just make sure to put the serving spoon on a spoon rest to minimize the mess on the table. It would also be a good idea to use spoon rests of different colors to make it easier for guests to recognize which serving spoon should be used for a specific dish.
If it’s for a grand house party, you may want to buy this Ceramic Spoon Rest from Bico. It has intricate blue Talavera patterns with an exquisite gloss finish. Plus, this spoon rest has matching plates and bowls available for an exquisite, uniformed dining setup.
- Stackable design
- Smooth, glazed finish
- Exquisite Talavera pattern
- Available in different designs
- Overall dimensions are 7.5 inches x 5.5 inches
- Comes with a gift box
- Helps save space with its stackable design
- Ideal for an English-style kitchen and dining room
- Not heat-resistant
Here’s a more affordable option than ceramic and marble spoon holders — Silicone Spoon Rest from W. INNOVATIONS. For just $13, you get a cheap yet durable utensil holder! Silicone is known for its high heat resistance, thus this spoon rest would be great for holding metal ladles and serving spoons. Plus, it’s non-corrosive, so it won’t react with acidic foods.
- 100% food-grade
- Pack of 3
- Spoon rest is 9.1 inches x 4.7 inches
- Dish-washer safe spoon holder
- Multiple spoon rests to prevent cross-contamination
- Quite flimsy
Spoons, forks, knives, ladles, spatulas, and other utensils are small kitchen equipment that can clutter cabinets and drawers. Keep them organized with these functional utensil caddies. The advantage of using such kitchen organizers is that all kinds of utensils can fit in one caddy. Moreover, they are portable so you can easily carry and move them around the kitchen.
Since it is still quite risky to have a picnic at parks, you can just do it in your backyard. If you will be having a picnic party with your family, consider investing in this portable utensil holder. This is great for picnics as it can be used to hold forks, spoons, knives, and table napkins. You will also love how it has a wooden top handle. This makes it more convenient to bring around the picnic area.
- Solid wood handle
- Shatter-resistant plastic
- Available in two designs: clear, and solid gray
- Overall dimensions are 7.7 inches x 6.5 inches x 8.5 inches
- Handy for picnics
- Has sections to divide silverware
- Helps prevent clutter in the kitchen
- Has rough edges
Granite countertops look luxurious with their striking colors and reflective surfaces. However, they are slippery if not sealed properly. Things might get knocked over easily if you use such a countertop so it would be ideal to use kitchen organizers with rubber feet. Just like this Kitchen Utensil Holder from SINOART. It has a base with built-in rubber feet that helps prevent it from slipping on a wet surface.
This utensil crock is also a multifunctional kitchen organizer as it has a knife block, as well as independent compartments for storing spoons, forks, spatulas, and other utensils. You also have the option to remove the knife block if you only want to use it to store cooking utensils.
- Fast draining
- Heavy-duty stainless steel
- Elegant stain-coated surface
- Made of 304 stainless steel
- Overall dimensions are 8.18 inches x 10.7 inches x 3.54 inches
- Knife holder has three sizes: 3.7 inches, 2.2 inches, and 1.2 inches
- Has a drainboard to prevent the water from accumulating
- Skid-proof utensil crock that doesn’t leave scratches on the countertop
- Label sticker leaves glue marks
One way you can save shelf space is to use a lazy susan. This Cooking Utensil Holder from Mobile Vision functions almost like a lazy susan as it allows you to rotate it. Grabbing kitchen utensils from the back of the shelves will now be easier with this unique utensil holder. Moreover, it’s tall enough to hold large spatulas, ladles, and other utensils.
- Individual compartments
- 360-Degree Bamboo Rotating Organizer
- 8 compartments and 1 removable divider
- Utensil holder is 6 inches long and 6 inches high
- Has a removable divider for better organization
- Lightweight, compact utensil holder that helps save space
- It’s smaller than other utensil caddies.
Even after wiping newly-washed utensils with a clean towel, most likely is that they won’t be completely dry. So, it’s better to put them in this Utensil Caddy. It’s a utensil crock from IMEEA that has drain holes at the bottom of each steel pail. Furthermore, the pails can be removed, thus they are easy to clean.
This cooking utensil holder is great for kitchens with limited drawer space. You have the option to display the cutlery on the countertop to prevent the drawers from getting overcrowded with utensils.
- Drain holes
- Stainless steel caddies
- Each pail can hold 5 to 8 utensils
- Steel pails are 4.5 inches tall with a diameter of 3.35 inches
- Helps save drawer space
- Easily dry cutlery with this utensil caddy
- It’s quite small for a utensil holder.
It’s nice to have a complete set of kitchen utensils, but organizing them could be a huge pain in the neck. Arrange these utensils with this Steel Utensil Holder from Hillbound. It might look simple at first glance, but it has a lot of functional features. First, the removable dividers make it easier to sort the utensils by type and use. Second, it has a 360-degree rotating feature that makes the utensils more accessible. Lastly, the padded base helps prevent scratches and keeps the utensil holder in place.
- Rotating base
- Removable dividers
- Available in two sizes: large and extra-large
- 6.9 inches long with a diameter of 7.5 inches
- Has a large capacity to store different types of utensils
- Dividers have curled edges that help prevent scratching the hands
- Has a weighted base that prevents it from tipping
- Difficult to clean
Utensil Holders for Drawers
Storing utensils and cutleries in drawers is one way you can maintain an organized kitchen. However, these drawers tend to get cluttered over time. Arrange and group kitchen tools with these utensil holders for drawers. Some have an expandable design that can fit drawers of different sizes, while others have a compact design.
Kitchens are more humid than the rest of the house because of several reasons. First, it’s where the sink is located. Second, different appliances are used simultaneously in the kitchen. This is why you should avoid kitchen tools that can easily be impacted by high humidity levels. It’s better to use those that are made from bamboo as it is a type of wood that doesn’t easily shrink or expand under high temperatures.
Fortunately, this Drawer Organizer from Pipishell is made from high-quality bamboo, so it is ideal for humid kitchens. It has lots of compartments that can be used to arrange different kinds of utensils. Moreover, it’s one of the expandable drawers in this list that can expand from 13 inches to 19.6 inches wide.
- Natural premium bamboo
- Adjustable utensil organizer
- 6 to 8 compartments
- Overall dimensions are 19.66 inches to 16.92 inches
- Waterproof utensil holder that is easy to clean
- A multipurpose organizer that can be used for kitchens and bedrooms
- Doesn’t have rubber stoppers underneath
It’s annoying how utensils easily slide off the drawers every time we open or close them. This ruins the arrangement of our utensils! Prevent such kitchen mishaps from happening with this Utensil Organizer from OXO.
It works the same as the Pipishell Bamboo Drawer Organizer as both are expandable utensil holders. However, the OXO Utensil Organizer has dividers for each compartment. These dividers are useful for holding the utensils in place. Plus, this kitchen organizer has non-slip feet to prevent it from sliding inside the drawer.
- Non-slip feet
- Stay-put design
- Flexible utensil organizer
- 4 utensil compartments
- Available in 2 sizes and 2 colors
- Can be expanded from 9.75 inches to 16 inches wide
- Ideal for small kitchen drawers
- Easily customize your drawer organize with the removable dividers
- Can hold a wide variety of kitchen tools
- Dividers can’t be adjusted to fit the size of a specific utensil
People Who Search For Utensil Holders Also Search For
If the kitchen drawers are right under the meal preparation area, then expect the drawers to be full of crumbs and dirt after a few weeks. It would be bad if some of these crumbs stay in the drawers along with your utensils. A good solution for this is to use a utensil holder with open hexagons. Just like this one from Spectrum Diversified. The open hexagons help prevent dirt from accumulating in the utensil holder.
- Innovative open hexagon design
- Expandable utensil holder for drawers
- 7 sections/compartments
- Expands to 16.5 inches wide
- Overall dimensions if it’s closed: 13.5 inches X 10.25 inches X 2 inches
- Keeps cutleries and utensils clean, thanks to the open hexagons
- Removable compartments allow utensil drawer organizer customizations
- Doesn’t have rubber feet to keep it in place
Aside from utensils, do you also use your kitchen drawers to store bowls, plates, and other flatware? If you do, you’ll find this Compact Utensil Organizer from Joseph Joseph useful. Unlike the previous expandable utensil holders, this one doesn’t take up the entire space in the drawer. It can be tucked in a corner to provide more room for other kitchen tools.
- Non-slip feet
- Cutlery icons
- Individual, stacked compartments
- Good for drawers with 3 ¼ inches height
- Overall dimensions are 15.67 inches x 4.8 inches x 2.36 inches
- Compact design helps save drawer space
- Cutlery icons make it easy to identify which compartment should be used for a specific utensil
- Quite expensive for a compact kitchen organizer
If you frequently host house parties, you probably have many cutleries at home. Keep them organized with this Cutlery Tray from GMEZZO. It has compartments that are large enough to store multiple utensils. What is also great about it is that it has a built-in drainage system. This prevents the water from accumulating in the compartments, keeping the cutlery tray dry and free from molds.
- Non-slip feet
- Cutlery icons
- Drain holes
- Holds 58 pieces of silverware
- Ideal for kitchen drawers with 3 inches height
- Overall dimensions are 15.5 inches x 5.1 inches x 1.7 inches
- Plastic material used is BPA-free
- Overlapping compartments helps save drawer space
- Large utensils won’t fit
Cabinets and drawers are not enough to keep the kitchen organized. You should also use some utensil holders to prevent spoons, forks, and knives from cluttering in the kitchen. Now that they are properly organized, you can easily find specific utensils while cooking. You’ll find these utensil holders useful, especially if you have a small kitchen. Check out this blog for more smart small kitchen storage ideas!