How To Make Peach Ice Cream With An Ice Cream Maker
Modified: January 5, 2024
Learn how to make delicious peach ice cream with an ice cream maker. Find step-by-step instructions and tips in our articles.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Welcome to the wonderful world of homemade ice cream! There’s nothing quite like the creamy and refreshing taste of a scoop of ice cream, especially when it’s made from scratch using fresh and natural ingredients. One flavor that is sure to delight your taste buds is peach ice cream. Bursting with the sweet and juicy flavors of ripe peaches, this frozen treat is a summertime favorite that will keep you coming back for more.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of making peach ice cream using an ice cream maker. Don’t worry if you’ve never used one before, as we will provide you with step-by-step instructions that are easy to follow, even for beginners. So, let’s gather our ingredients and get started on this delectable homemade peach ice cream journey!
- Indulge in the creamy and refreshing delight of homemade peach ice cream, made with fresh ingredients and an ice cream maker. Customize flavors and enjoy the sweet taste of summer all year round!
- Master the art of creating velvety smooth peach ice cream with an ice cream maker. Experiment with different variations and share this delightful homemade treat with friends and family.
To make peach ice cream with an ice cream maker, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
These simple and readily available ingredients are all you need to create a velvety smooth and flavorful peach ice cream. Now that we have our ingredients, let’s move on to the step-by-step process of making this delectable treat.
Step 1: Preparing the Peaches
The first step in making peach ice cream is preparing the peaches. Follow these instructions to ensure that your peaches are ripe, juicy, and ready to be transformed into a delicious ice cream:
- Wash the peaches under cool running water to remove any dirt or debris.
- Using a sharp knife, gently cut along the seam of each peach and twist it open. Remove the pit from the center.
- Peel the skin off the peaches. You can do this by blanching them in boiling water for about 30 seconds and then transferring them to an ice bath to cool. The skin should easily peel off.
- Once peeled, chop the peaches into small pieces. The size of the pieces is up to your personal preference – you can have larger chunks for more texture or smaller pieces for a smoother ice cream.
- Transfer the chopped peaches to a blender or food processor and blend until you have a smooth puree. If you prefer a chunky texture, pulse the peaches a few times instead of blending them completely.
Once your peaches are prepared and pureed, set them aside and move on to the next step: making the ice cream base.
Step 2: Making the Ice Cream Base
Now that your peaches are prepared, it’s time to create the creamy base for your peach ice cream. Follow these steps to make the perfect ice cream base:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, add the peach puree that you prepared earlier. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- If desired, you can add a splash of fresh lemon juice to enhance the peach flavor and add a hint of tartness.
- Once the ice cream base is well-mixed, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least one hour. Chilling the mixture allows the flavors to meld together and makes the ice cream churn properly.
While the ice cream base is chilling, it’s time to move on to the next step: churning the ice cream.
When making peach ice cream with an ice cream maker, be sure to use ripe, sweet peaches for the best flavor. Also, chill the ice cream mixture before churning to ensure a creamy texture.
Step 3: Churning the Ice Cream
Churning the ice cream is where the magic happens. This step transforms the creamy base into a smooth and velvety texture, while incorporating air to give it that light and fluffy consistency. Follow these steps to churn your peach ice cream:
- Take out your ice cream maker and ensure that the freezer bowl is properly frozen. It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific ice cream maker.
- Set up your ice cream maker and turn it on before pouring in the chilled ice cream base.
- Slowly pour the chilled ice cream base into the ice cream maker’s freezer bowl. Follow the instructions for your ice cream maker in terms of the maximum amount of liquid to add.
- Allow the ice cream maker to churn the mixture for about 20-25 minutes, or until it reaches a soft-serve consistency. This time may vary depending on your specific ice cream maker.
Once the ice cream is churned to the desired consistency, it’s time to move on to the final step: freezing and serving the peach ice cream.
Read more: How To Make Ice Cream With Ice Cream Maker
Step 4: Freezing and Serving
Now that your peach ice cream is churned to perfection, it’s time to freeze it and get ready to enjoy this delightful homemade treat. Follow these steps to freeze and serve your peach ice cream:
- Transfer the churned ice cream into an airtight container. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the ice cream maker to get every last bit!
- Smooth the surface of the ice cream with a spatula or the back of a spoon to create an even texture.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream before sealing the container with its lid. This helps prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Put the container in the freezer and allow the ice cream to harden for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Once fully frozen, your peach ice cream is ready to be served. Scoop the ice cream into bowls or cones, and garnish with fresh peach slices or a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the creamy and delicious taste of your homemade peach ice cream. It’s the perfect treat for a hot summer day or any time you’re craving something sweet and refreshing.
Remember to store any leftovers in the freezer, tightly sealed, for up to two weeks. Although, let’s be honest, it’s unlikely that there will be any leftovers!
Congratulations! You’ve successfully learned how to make peach ice cream with an ice cream maker. By following the step-by-step instructions in this article, you’ve created a creamy and delicious frozen treat that is sure to delight your taste buds.
Making homemade ice cream allows you to control the quality of ingredients and customize the flavors according to your preferences. With fresh ripe peaches, a handful of other simple ingredients, and an ice cream maker, you can indulge in the flavors of summer all year round.
Remember to experiment with different variations of this recipe. You can add crushed cookies, nuts, or even a swirl of caramel or chocolate sauce to create your own unique masterpiece. The possibilities are endless!
So, the next time you’re craving something sweet and refreshing, don’t hesitate to whip up a batch of peach ice cream. Whether you’re enjoying it on a lazy afternoon or sharing it with friends and family, this homemade treat is sure to bring smiles to everyone’s faces.
Now, get ready to savor every creamy, peachy bite. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions about How To Make Peach Ice Cream With An Ice Cream Maker
Was this page helpful?
At Storables.com, we guarantee accurate and reliable information. Our content, validated by Expert Board Contributors, is crafted following stringent Editorial Policies. We're committed to providing you with well-researched, expert-backed insights for all your informational needs.