How To Store Bulletin Board Borders
Published: September 17, 2023
Learn the best techniques for storing bulletin board borders and keep your articles organized and easily accessible. Find out how to store them properly to prevent damage and save space.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Table of Contents
Bulletin board borders are an essential element in creating visually appealing and organized displays. They add a pop of color and design, making bulletin boards stand out and capturing the attention of students, colleagues, and visitors. However, storing these borders can be a challenge if not properly organized. A jumbled mess of borders can lead to frustration and wasted time when searching for the perfect one to accentuate your display.
Fortunately, there are numerous storage solutions available that can help keep your bulletin board borders neat, easily accessible, and protected from damage. In this article, we will explore different options for storing bulletin board borders, ranging from using file folders to DIY storage solutions. Whether you’re a teacher, a parent, or just someone who enjoys creating beautiful displays, you’ll find valuable tips to help you keep your bulletin board borders stored in an organized and efficient manner.
Types of Bulletin Board Borders
Bulletin board borders come in various styles, colors, and materials. Choosing the right type of border depends on the theme of your display, the age group you’re targeting, and the overall aesthetic you want to achieve. Here are some common types of bulletin board borders:
- Scalloped Borders: Scalloped borders have a wavy edge and are available in a wide range of colors and patterns. They are versatile and can be used for various themes and subjects.
- Straight Borders: Straight borders have a clean, straight edge and are often used for more formal or professional displays. They are available in solid colors or with simple patterns.
- Themed Borders: Themed borders are designed specifically for certain subjects or holidays. They feature graphics and designs related to the theme, such as animals, seasons, or celebrations.
- Patterned Borders: Patterned borders feature repeating patterns, such as stripes, dots, or chevron. They add visual interest and can be used to create a playful or sophisticated look.
- Die-Cut Borders: Die-cut borders have unique shapes and designs, such as flowers, stars, or geometric patterns. They can add a whimsical touch to your bulletin board.
- Multi-Pack Borders: Multi-pack borders come in sets that include multiple designs, colors, or patterns. They provide flexibility and allow you to mix and match to create different looks.
- Magnetic Borders: Magnetic borders adhere to magnetic surfaces, such as whiteboards or magnetic bulletin boards. They eliminate the need for staples or tape and can be easily repositioned.
These are just a few examples of the types of bulletin board borders available. The wide variety ensures that you can find the perfect border to complement your display and engage your audience.
Choosing the Right Storage Solution
When it comes to storing bulletin board borders, there are several factors to consider. The right storage solution will depend on the available space, the number of borders you have, and your personal preference for organization. Here are some aspects to keep in mind when selecting a storage solution:
- Accessibility: You want a storage solution that allows easy access to your bulletin board borders. Consider how frequently you use the borders and how quickly you need to find them when preparing a display. Quick and convenient access will save you time and effort.
- Protection: Proper storage helps protect your borders from damage, such as bending or tearing. Look for solutions that keep the borders flat, secure, and safe from moisture or dust. This will ensure they are in good condition and ready to use whenever you need them.
- Space Efficiency: Depending on the size of your collection, space efficiency may be a crucial factor. If you have limited storage space, look for solutions that maximize vertical or wall-mounted space. Compact and stackable storage options can help you make the most of the space available.
- Visibility: Being able to see your collection of borders at a glance can make the selection process much easier. Transparent or open-front storage solutions allow you to visually identify and quickly find the border you need, saving time and frustration.
- Flexibility: Consider whether you want a storage solution that can accommodate different sizes and types of borders. Some solutions may have adjustable compartments or allow for customization, allowing you to store various border designs and styles in a single container.
- Aesthetics: If you value organization and aesthetics, choose a storage solution that not only keeps your borders organized but also looks visually appealing. Opt for storage options with attractive designs or colors that match your workspace or classroom decor.
Ultimately, the right storage solution will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Consider the factors mentioned above and choose a storage solution that best fits your requirements.
Option 1: Storing Bulletin Board Borders in File Folders
One simple and efficient way to store bulletin board borders is by using file folders. File folders provide a convenient solution for keeping your borders organized, protected, and easily accessible. Here’s how you can utilize file folders for bulletin board border storage:
- Labeling: Start by labeling each file folder with the name or theme of the border. This will help you quickly identify and locate the specific border you need when preparing your bulletin board displays.
- Sorting: Sort your borders into categories based on theme, color, or design. For example, you can have separate folders for seasonal borders, educational borders, or holiday borders. This will further streamline your organization process.
- Fitting: Trim your borders to fit inside the file folders if needed. This will ensure that they are stored neatly without any excess material sticking out, reducing the risk of damage or tearing.
- Storage: Once your borders are labeled, sorted, and trimmed, place them inside the corresponding file folders. You can use multiple file folders and organize them in a file box or file cabinet for easy storage and retrieval.
- Additional Protection: For added protection, consider placing the file folders inside a clear plastic storage container or box. This will help shield the borders from damage, such as moisture or dust.
- Accessibility: To ensure easy access to your borders, store the file folders in a location that is easily within reach when you need to create a bulletin board display. This can be on a shelf, in a drawer, or on a rolling cart.
Storing bulletin board borders in file folders is a cost-effective and organized solution. Not only does it protect your borders, but it also makes it easier to locate and select the border you need for any particular display. Consider implementing this option to keep your borders neatly organized and ready for use.
Option 2: Using Magazine Holders for Bulletin Board Borders
If you’re looking for a stylish and practical storage solution for your bulletin board borders, consider using magazine holders. Magazine holders can be repurposed to neatly store and organize your borders while adding a touch of aesthetic appeal to your workspace or classroom. Here’s how you can utilize magazine holders for easy and efficient bulletin board border storage:
- Selecting Magazine Holders: Choose magazine holders that are sturdy, durable, and appropriately sized to accommodate your borders. Opt for ones with open fronts, as this will allow you to easily see and access your borders.
- Sorting and Labeling: Sort your borders into categories based on theme, color, or design. Label each magazine holder accordingly to indicate the category of borders it contains. This will help you quickly locate the specific border you need for your bulletin board display.
- Fitting the Borders: Fold or roll your borders neatly and place them inside the magazine holders. Ensure that they fit snugly without any excessive bending or creasing. This will help preserve the quality and condition of the borders.
- Multiple Holders: Depending on the size of your collection, you may find it helpful to use multiple magazine holders to separate and organize different types of borders. For example, you can designate separate holders for seasonal borders, educational borders, or holiday borders.
- Vertical Storage: Stand the magazine holders upright on a shelf or desktop for easy accessibility. This vertical storage method not only saves space but also allows you to visually scan and select the border you need without having to rummage through a stack of borders.
- Decorative Touch: To make your storage solution visually appealing, consider decorating the magazine holders with colorful labels, washi tape, or patterned contact paper. This personal touch can add style and personality to your storage system.
- Additional Protection: If necessary, you can place the magazine holders in a clear plastic storage container or box to provide extra protection against dust or moisture. This will help keep your borders in pristine condition for future use.
Using magazine holders to store your bulletin board borders is not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing. It allows you to keep your borders neatly organized and easily accessible, while adding a decorative element to your workspace. Consider giving this storage option a try to keep your bulletin board borders in top-notch condition.
Option 3: Using Hanging Storage Bags or Pockets
If you’re looking for a space-saving and visually appealing storage solution for your bulletin board borders, using hanging storage bags or pockets can be a great option. These storage solutions make it easy to organize and access your borders while maximizing vertical space. Here’s how you can utilize hanging storage bags or pockets for efficient bulletin board border storage:
- Selecting Hanging Storage Bags or Pockets: Choose hanging storage bags or pockets that are specifically designed for organizing craft supplies or office supplies. Look for ones with clear pockets or transparent sections so that you can easily see and locate your borders.
- Hanging Mechanism: Determine the hanging mechanism that works best for your space. You can use adhesive hooks, a tension rod, or a wall-mounted storage unit with hooks. Ensure that the hanging storage bags or pockets are securely attached to prevent any sagging or falling.
- Sorting and Labeling: Sort your borders into categories based on theme, color, or design. Label each pocket or section of the hanging storage bags/pockets accordingly to indicate the category of borders it contains. This will help you quickly locate the specific border you need.
- Organizing Borders: Fold or roll your borders neatly and place them into the individual pockets or sections of the hanging storage bags. Ensure that they are inserted securely to prevent slipping or falling out.
- Accessibility: Hang the storage bags or pockets at a convenient height within reach. This will make it easy for you to browse through your collection and select the border you need without any hassle.
- Space Optimization: To maximize vertical space, consider hanging multiple storage bags or pockets on a single hanger or rod. This allows you to store a larger number of borders without taking up valuable desk or shelf space.
- Portability: If you often need to transport your borders from one location to another, opt for hanging storage bags or pockets that can be easily folded or rolled up. This will make it convenient for you to carry your borders while keeping them organized and protected.
- Additional Protection: If you want to protect your borders from dust or damage, consider using clear garment bags or plastic covers to encase the hanging storage bags or pockets. This will provide an extra layer of protection for your borders.
Using hanging storage bags or pockets is an efficient and space-saving solution for storing and organizing your bulletin board borders. It allows you to easily view and access your borders while keeping them protected and minimizing clutter. Give this storage option a try to keep your borders organized and ready to showcase on your bulletin boards.
Option 4: Storing Bulletin Board Borders on a Wire Rack
If you’re looking for a versatile and visually appealing storage solution for your bulletin board borders, using a wire rack can be a great option. Wire racks not only provide efficient storage but also allow you to easily see and access your borders. Here’s how you can utilize a wire rack for storing your bulletin board borders:
- Choose the Right Wire Rack: Select a wire rack that is spacious enough to accommodate the size and quantity of your borders. Look for a rack with multiple tiers and adjustable shelves to cater to different border lengths.
- Sort and Categorize: Begin by sorting your borders into categories based on theme, color, or design. Categorizing your borders will make it easier to locate specific borders when needed.
- Roll or Fold Borders: Depending on the material and size of your borders, you can choose to either roll or fold them. Rolling borders helps prevent creases, while folding can be more suitable for smaller or thicker borders.
- Organize on Wire Rack: Place your sorted and prepared borders on the various tiers or shelves of the wire rack. You can dedicate specific shelves or sections for different categories or types of borders.
- Labeling: Consider using small labels or tags to identify each section or shelf of the wire rack. This labeling system will help you quickly locate the desired borders when planning your bulletin board displays.
- Utilize Hooks: Some wire racks come with built-in hooks or include hooks as separate accessories. These hooks can be handy for hanging borders with holes or loops, such as fabric or laminated borders.
- Visibility and Access: Position the wire rack in a visible and easily accessible area of your workspace or classroom. This ensures that your borders are readily available for selection and avoids any obstructions or difficulties in accessing them.
- Protect from Dust: If you want to provide extra protection for your borders, consider covering the wire rack with a clear plastic sheet or using a cover specifically designed for wire racks. This prevents dust accumulation and keeps your borders in pristine condition.
Storing your bulletin board borders on a wire rack provides an efficient and visually appealing storage solution. It allows you to keep your borders organized, easily accessible, and protected. Consider utilizing a wire rack to showcase your borders and create a functional and attractive storage display.
Option 5: Using Binder Clips or Clothespins for Bulletin Board Borders
If you’re looking for a simple and cost-effective storage solution for your bulletin board borders, utilizing binder clips or clothespins can be a great option. These versatile tools can help you keep your borders organized and easily accessible. Here’s how you can use binder clips or clothespins for storing your bulletin board borders:
- Gather Your Supplies: Start by collecting enough binder clips or clothespins to accommodate your border collection. Choose clips or pins that are sturdy and can securely hold your borders without causing any damage.
- Prepare Your Borders: Before storing your borders, make sure they are neatly folded or rolled to prevent any wrinkles or creases. This will keep them in optimal condition for future use.
- Attach Borders to Clips or Pins: Place a binder clip or clothespin along the top edge of each border, ensuring a secure grip. Depending on the size of your borders, you may need multiple clips or pins to hold them in place.
- Create a Hanging Display: To keep your borders easily accessible, you can create a hanging display using a ribbon, string, or wire. Attach the clips or pins along the ribbon or wire, spacing them out evenly to prevent crowding.
- Label Your Borders: As an optional step, consider labeling each border or category of borders with small tags or labels. This will help you quickly identify the specific border you need when planning your bulletin board displays.
- Store or Hang the Display: Depending on your available space and preference, you can either store the hanging display in a designated area or hang it on a wall or bulletin board. Make sure it is easily accessible and does not get in the way of other items or activities.
- Portable Option: If you need to transport your borders to different locations, consider using a portable display stand or a portable rod with clips or pins. This allows you to carry your borders with ease while keeping them organized.
- Additional Protection: To protect your borders from dust or damage, you can place them in a clear plastic storage bag or container when not in use. This will keep them clean and prevent any bending or tearing.
Using binder clips or clothespins for storing bulletin board borders is a simple and effective solution. It allows you to keep your borders organized, easily accessible, and portable. Give this option a try to efficiently store and showcase your bulletin board borders.
Option 6: Utilizing Clear Plastic Bins or Containers
If you’re looking for a practical and versatile storage solution for your bulletin board borders, utilizing clear plastic bins or containers can be an excellent option. Clear plastic bins provide a convenient way to keep your borders organized, protected, and easily visible. Here’s how you can utilize clear plastic bins or containers for efficient bulletin board border storage:
- Selecting the Right Size: Choose clear plastic bins or containers that are spacious enough to accommodate your borders. Consider the length, width, and thickness of your borders, ensuring that the bins have enough depth to accommodate the borders without bending or creasing them.
- Sorting and Categorizing: Start by sorting your borders into categories based on theme, color, or design. This allows for easier organization and quick retrieval when planning bulletin board displays. Consider labeling each bin or container to clearly identify the category it contains.
- Folding or Rolling Borders: Depending on the material and size of your borders, you can choose to either fold or roll them. Folding is preferable for smaller or thicker borders, while rolling is ideal for longer or more flexible borders. Ensure that the borders are neatly folded or rolled to maximize space and minimize the risk of damage.
- Placement and Stacking: Place the categorized borders in their respective clear plastic bins or containers, ensuring that they are organized and easily accessible. You can stack the containers, starting with the most frequently accessed bins at the top, allowing for space efficiency and easy identification.
- Labeling: Consider labeling each bin or container with the corresponding category of borders it contains. This makes it quick and straightforward to locate specific borders when needed, saving you time and effort.
- Stackability and Storage: If you have a large collection of borders, clear plastic bins or containers with stackable features are ideal. This allows you to maximize vertical space and keep your storage area tidy. Ensure that the containers are securely stacked to prevent any accidents or spills.
- Accessibility: Place the clear plastic bins or containers in a location that is easily accessible and within reach when you need to design a bulletin board display. This eliminates the need to search for and shuffle through various storage options, saving you valuable time and effort.
- Store in a Dust-Free Environment: To ensure the longevity and cleanliness of your borders, store the clear plastic bins or containers in a dust-free environment. This can be achieved by placing the bins on a shelf, in a closet, or in a dedicated storage area away from potential dust or moisture sources.
Utilizing clear plastic bins or containers is an efficient and practical way to store your bulletin board borders. It allows for easy organization, protection from damage, and quick accessibility. Try implementing this option to keep your borders neatly organized and ready for your next bulletin board masterpiece.
Option 7: DIY Bulletin Board Border Storage Solutions
If you’re feeling creative and want to add a personal touch to your bulletin board border storage, consider opting for do-it-yourself (DIY) solutions. DIY storage solutions allow you to customize the storage according to your specific needs and available materials. Here are some creative DIY ideas for storing your bulletin board borders:
- Accordion File Folder: Repurpose an accordion file folder with multiple pockets to store your borders. Label each pocket with the corresponding category or theme, making it easy to locate the specific border you need. The accordion design allows for easy expansion and organization.
- Cardboard Tubes: Use empty cardboard tubes, such as those from wrapping paper or paper towel rolls, to store your borders. Simply roll up the borders and secure them with rubber bands or string. Then, slide them into the tubes. You can store the tubes in a box or stand them upright in a larger container for easy access.
- Hanging Shoe Organizer: Hang a clear plastic or fabric shoe organizer with multiple pockets on the back of a door or on a wall. Fold or roll your borders and place them in the individual pockets. This DIY solution provides visibility and easy access to your borders.
- Mason Jars: Utilize mason jars by rolling up your borders and placing them inside the jars. This not only keeps your borders organized but also adds a charming aesthetic to your storage area. Arrange the jars on a shelf or in a cabinet for easy visibility and access.
- File Crates: Repurpose file crates or magazine holders to store your borders in an upright position. Label each crate or holder with the corresponding category or theme, and slide your borders in vertically. This method keeps your borders neatly organized and easily accessible.
- Binder with Plastic Sleeves: Use a binder with plastic sleeves to store and organize your borders. Trim your borders to fit the sleeve size and slide them in. You can use dividers or tabs to create sections for different categories or themes. This DIY solution allows for easy flipping and browsing through your border collection.
- Fabric Wall Hanging: Create a fabric wall hanging with pockets by sewing fabric pieces together and attaching it to a dowel or curtain rod. Customize the size of the pockets to fit your borders, and hang it on a wall or door. This visually appealing storage solution adds a decorative element to your space.
- Repurposed Photo Albums: Use old photo albums with clear sleeves to store your borders. Trim your borders to fit the photo sleeve size and insert them into the sleeves. Label each album or album page with the corresponding category or theme. This DIY option keeps your borders protected and allows for easy flipping through the album pages.
DIY bulletin board border storage solutions offer flexibility, creativity, and the ability to repurpose everyday items. Choose the option that best suits your style and available materials. Personalizing your storage system adds a unique touch to your organization and creates a visually appealing space for your borders.
Remember, the goal is to keep your borders organized, protected, and easily accessible. Get creative, have fun, and design a DIY storage solution that perfectly fits your needs!
Storing your bulletin board borders in an organized and accessible manner is essential for creating visually appealing displays and saving valuable time and effort. With a variety of storage options available, you can choose the one that best fits your needs and preferences. Whether you opt for file folders, magazine holders, hanging storage bags, wire racks, binder clips, clear plastic bins, or DIY solutions, each option offers its unique advantages.
File folders provide a cost-effective and simple solution for keeping your borders neatly organized and easily accessible. Magazine holders add a touch of style to your storage system and make it convenient to sort and display your borders. Hanging storage bags or pockets maximize vertical space and allow for easy browsing of your border collection.
Wire racks offer a versatile storage solution, allowing you to store and display your borders in an organized and visually appealing manner. Using binder clips or clothespins provides a budget-friendly and customizable option, allowing you to hang your borders for quick access. Clear plastic bins or containers are practical and efficient, keeping your borders protected and easy to see.
If you’re feeling creative, DIY solutions allow you to customize and personalize your border storage based on your preferences and available materials. From accordion file folders to mason jars, there are endless possibilities to make your storage system uniquely yours.
Whichever option you choose, the key is to keep your bulletin board borders organized, protected, and easily accessible. By implementing an efficient storage solution, you’ll save time and frustration when preparing your displays and ensure that your borders stay in excellent condition for future use.
So, evaluate your space, consider your preferences, and select the storage solution that best suits your needs. With a well-organized collection of bulletin board borders, you’ll be ready to create captivating displays that engage and inspire your audience!