10 Best Portable Bathtubs of 2022
Modified: April 13, 2022
Want to enjoy a relaxing spa at home but don't have enough bathroom space to add an acrylic bathtub? Here's a solution: get a portable bathtub!
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
If you are feeling stressed lately due to deadlines and everyday responsibilities, reward yourself with a nice, relaxing soak in the bathtub. This simple activity is enough to lift your mood and throw your worries away. But what if you only live in a small studio apartment with just a shower and a toilet? Can you still enjoy a pleasant soak at home? Yes. It’s possible with a portable bathtub.
Why Buy a Portable Bathtub?
When we hear the word “portable”, we think about compact devices that we can bring while traveling. It could be a mobile phone, a laptop, or a speaker. But a bathtub? How can you bring a bathtub with you? It sounds absurd, but portable bathtubs do exist. This bathroom fixture is designed for homeowners with small comfort rooms.
If you want to confirm that bathtubs are for you, here are reasons why you should buy one now:
Bring it Anytime, Anywhere
A portable bathtub is not just for those who have limited bathroom space, it is also great for people who like the great outdoors. With its collapsible design, this bathroom fixture is a convenient tool for camping. It helps trunk space and is also lightweight so you can carry it everywhere you go.
Enjoy Convenient Storage
Some of the portable bathtubs in the market are inflatable. Most are like an outdoor kiddie pool, except the material used has thermal properties to keep the bathtub warm. You just have to deflate the bathtub after use, fold it, and keep it in a bathroom cabinet. Many inflatable shower bathtubs come with a storage bag to protect them from dust and dirt.
Experience Therapeutic Bath
Soaking yourself in a warm bathtub helps relieve stress and anxiety, and it’s even better with a portable bathtub. With a portable bathtub, you can enjoy more space, better safety, and lower costs.
As your body temperature increases during the bath, your brain releases serotonin or what is referred to as “happy hormones”. The warm water improves blood flow, allows heat to escape quickly from your body, and lowers your body temperature. This activates your circadian rhythm (commonly known as your body clock). All these are even better as you don’t have to think much when using a portable bathtub!
People Who Search For Portable Bathtub Also Search For
Best Portable Bathtubs of All Time
If you are now convinced to buy a portable bathtub, check out our product recommendation list below. We have some of the best portable bathtubs from Amazon, including a pros and cons section on each item to help you decide.
Are you expecting a baby? As a soon-to-be parent, don’t forget to include a portable bathtub on your baby shopping list. This will keep your baby comfortable while bathing.
Consider buying this Pawsky Inflatable Bathtub. Not only is it made from non-toxic PVC, but it also has an anti-slip base. So, rest assured your baby is safe and comfortable during bathtime. This portable bathtub also comes with a side pocket to hold all your baby bathing needs.
- Convenient side pocket
- Durable, non-toxic PVC
- Foldable and inflatable
- Available in 2 colors: Green and Pink
- Suitable for babies 0 to 36 months
- Item size is 38.5 inches long, 25.2 inches wide, and 11 inches high
- Convenient built-in drain plug at the bottom
- Includes a one-year warranty
- Gas column bottom design to prevent your baby from slipping
- Free air pump is difficult to use
If you have two toddlers at home, you may want to buy this Large Foldable Bathtub from W WEYLAN TEC. This allows you to bathe two kids at once, helping you save time. It’s a portable tub made from heat-resistant TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer), so your kids can enjoy a nice, warm bath every day.
Moreover, it is safe for everyone as the material used to manufacture this portable bathtub includes non-toxic PP or polypropylene. It’s BPA-free and has no odors. For added safety, it is designed with a non-slip rib at the bottom.
- Non-slip bottom rib
- Heat insulation properties
- Safe and odor-free portable tub
- Weight capacity is 145 pounds
- Overall dimensions are 39 inches x 20 inches x 22.8 inches
- Space-saving, portable bathtub for kids
- Includes a white plastic clip for convenient storage
- Large enough for a petite adult under 5’7″ to fit in
- Difficult to drain
Due to many distractions such as your phone, you could forget that you filled the tub with hot water, rendering it cold.
Say goodbye to cold baths with this WEY&FLY Portable Foldable Bathtub. It has a foam EPE (Expanded Polyethylene) insulation layer that keeps your tub warm for about two hours! You can also cover it temporarily with a towel to ensure the water won’t immediately get cold. This portable tub might look small in the pictures, but it has a diameter of 29.7 inches, providing sufficient space for you to move around comfortably.
- Built-in insulation
- Non-toxic PVC material
- Foldable and portable
- Item dimensions are 30 inches x 30 inches x 26 inches
- Package includes 1 portable tub, 6 long tubes, 6 connecting tubes, faucet, and 1 hose
- No need to inflate
- Save bathroom and storage space
- Has bathtub brackets to keep it stable
- Two drain holes: one at the side and another at the bottom
- Flimsy cover
It would be nice to experience an invigorating spa once in a while, but not all of us can afford such luxury. Thankfully, you can enjoy a spa night in the comfort of your home with this Freestanding Bathtub from Keszing. It’s another portable tub that can retain water temperature as it also has EPE thermal insulation foam. Another advantage of using it is that the inner part is made from PVC material. PVC is not only waterproof but also easy to clean. Getting rid of the soap scum and grime left will now be easy with this type of inner bathtub material.
- Firm reinforced brackets
- Non-toxic PVC material
- Anti-cold insulation foam
- The portable bathtub is 26.7 inches long and 26.8 inches high
- Package includes 1 portable tub, 1 storage basket, 1 fixed cushion, and 1 storage bag
- Reinforced brackets keep the tub stable
- EPE thermal foam is environmentally friendly
- Difficult to drain due to the flimsy drain hose
Indeed, having a portable bathtub brings numerous advantages. You don’t have to renovate your bathroom to get a bathtub, and you can store it away after use. However, some tubs are difficult to drain. Some have flimsy drain hoses or the drainage hole is located at the bottom side of the tub.
Water drainage won’t be a problem with this Soaking Bathtub from Homefilos. You have three options to drain this portable bathtub:
- Attach the valve to the drain hole and position the bathtub beside the shower drain.
- Align the tub’s drain hole to the shower drain.
- Attach the valve and drain hose to the tub’s drain hole and run the shower hose to the drain.
- Center bathtub drain
- Giftable packaging
- Available in 2 sizes: Small (29.5-inch diameter) and Large (35-inch diameter)
- Package includes 1 portable bathtub, 1 water hose, 6 plastic support rods, 1-foot air pump, 1 storage bag
- Free large storage bag
- No need to lift the tub when draining
- Includes a 6-month warranty
- Strong vinyl odor
Leakage is a common problem in most inflatable products. To address this problem, Octu24M added a black rubber seal ring on the tub drain hole. Your long, relaxing bath won’t be interrupted now that you don’t have to worry about leaks.
This folding portable bathtub also has a good drainage design. Instead of just one drain plug, it has two; one at the base and another at the bottom side of the tub. It’s now going to be much faster to remove water from the tub.
- Double drainage design
- Environmentally-friendly PVC material
- Available in three different sizes
- Package includes 1 portable bathtub, 1-foot pump, 6 support pipes, and 1 drain pipe
- Fast drainage
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use
- The tub’s top ring is the only part you’ll have inflate
- No anti-slip base
Most consumers are reluctant to buy inflatable products because they are fragile. If a sharp object punctured it, it is deemed unusable. If you have the same concern, you should consider purchasing this Portable Freestanding Bathtub. It comes with a first-aid repair patch that is useful if you accidentally ripped a small hole in the tub. But, don’t worry, it won’t easily get punctured because it is made from durable PVC material. Plus, the PVC is 30% thicker than most portable bathtubs.
- Two drain plugs
- Repair patch kit
- Inflatable backrest
- Inner tube size is 48 inches long, 23 inches wide, and 17.5 inches high
- Outer tub size is 60 inches long, 34 inches wide, and 27 inches high
- Package includes 1 inflatable bathtub, 1 repair patch kit, and 1 polybag
- Fast drainage
- Sufficient legroom space
- Inflatable backrest adds comfort
- Takes up more bathroom space
Make bath time more relaxing with a refreshing glass of tropical juice. However, if there’s no table to place your drink, you could buy a portable bathtub with a cup holder instead. Just like this one from Tubble. This inflatable shower bathtub has another marvelous feature: it is big enough and longer than most portable tubs. Now, you can stretch your legs comfortably while bathing.
- Large size
- Modern design
- Quality, 6-layered PVC material
- Two people each with 6-feet height can fit
- Inner tube size is 52 inches long, 22 inches wide, and 17 inches high
- Outer tub size is 62 inches long, 31 inches wide, and 17 inches high
- Comes with an electric pump
- Has a removable top cover to retain water temperature
- Modern stylish design fits almost any bathroom interior
- Slippery floor
You can keep the water hot in the tub by covering it with a towel and adding a heat lamp in the bathroom. However, if you find towel covers inconvenient as they tend to slip down easily from the tub, you can just purchase this Portable Freestanding Bathtub from YIYIBYUS. It has an upper cover with a retractable zipper.
Moreover, this portable bathtub for adults has a built-in cup holder. It is more than just a compartment to hold a glass of refreshing tropical juice. You can also use it to keep your mobile phone near you. Watch short movies or listen to music to better enjoy your relaxing bath.
- Stable structure
- Comfortable backrest
- Durable PVC material
- The package includes 1 portable bathtub and 1 inflatable pillow
- Overall dimensions are 121 inches x 85 inches x 70cm inches
- Has a slip-proof bottom
- Double airlock design to prevent the tub from leaking
- The backrest has a soft, flocking surface for added comfort
- Difficult to inflate
- Not ideal for small bathrooms
You’re going to sit in the bathtub for almost half an hour (or longer), so it is important to look for a portable bathtub with an ergonomic backrest and armrest. Good thing, this CO-Z Inflatable Adult Bathtub has such a feature. Apart from the supportive backrest and armrest, it also comes with an inflatable pillow for added comfort. You will also love how it has a convenient cup holder. Use this to keep a refreshing drink close to you while you soak in the bath.
- Comfortable padding
- Convenient foldable design
- Waterproof, non-toxic portable bathtub
- Overall dimensions are 63 inches x 33 inches x 29.1 inches
- Package includes 1 inflatable bathtub, 1 electric air pump, 1 drain hose, and 1 instruction manual
- Free electric air pump
- Zipper cover to keep the bathtub warm or cool
- Extra durable because of its thermal infusion properties
- Short drain hose
Things to Consider When Shopping for Portable Bathtubs
It’s easy to get confused about what portable bathtub to purchase. All of them seem great, but you only need one for your bathroom. To help you further, we listed some of the important things you should consider when shopping for portable bathtubs.
Bathtub Size and Shape
A portable bathtub should be spacious enough for you to bathe comfortably. However, this doesn’t mean that you should buy the large ones. You still have to consider the size of the shower stall. Most shower stalls in the US have a room size of 30 x 30 because it’s an ICC (International Code Council) standard. If yours is about the same size, you should buy a portable bathtub with a diameter of 29.5 inches.
Aside from the shower stall size, you also have to consider your height. People who are 5 ft. and 10 inches tall can fit in a standard 29.5-inch portable bathtub. But if you are taller, you should look for those with a 35-inch diameter to get more legroom space.
Last is the shape of the portable bathtub. Round ones are ideal for those who want a sinking, deep soak. However, it can be uncomfortable as you have to cross your legs or bend your knees while bathing. Meanwhile, you can opt for those with an oval shape to stretch your legs comfortably. The only downside is that they eat up more bathroom space.
Quality and Safety
You want to ensure that the portable bathtub will last longer to get your money’s worth. Consider choosing those made from PVC because this material is durable. Also, check if it has multiple layers because this type of portable bathtub can better retain water temperature. Lastly, ensure that it has a slip-proof bottom for added safety.
Shower Drain Location
Your supposed relaxing bath could end up stressful if the tub is difficult to drain. So, make sure to check first where the shower drain is located. If it’s somewhere in the middle of the shower stall floor, we recommend choosing a portable bathtub with a bottom drain. With this, you can just align the tub’s drain hole with the shower drain to make it easier for you to get rid of the water. If the shower drain is far from the portable bathtub, look for those with a water hose and valve.
If you are going to use the portable bathtub every day, you have to choose one that is easy to clean. A good choice would be those made from waterproof materials because it would be easier to get rid of grime and dirt. Don’t forget to check if the portable bathtub comes with a storage bag. This will help prevent the dust from accumulating in the tub when stored.