How To Fix The Error Code F97 For Whirlpool Oven & Range
Modified: November 17, 2023
Learn how to fix the error code F97 on your Whirlpool oven and range with our informative articles. Fix the issue quickly and easily with step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting tips.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Is your Whirlpool oven or range showing the error code F97: Cooling fan speed too low?
It’s never a pleasant experience when an error code pops up on your appliance, especially when you’re right in the middle of cooking a delicious meal. But fear not! We’re here to help you decode the mystery behind the error code F97 and guide you through the necessary steps to fix it.
The F97 error code on a Whirlpool oven or range indicates a potential issue with the cooling fan speed. This could be due to either a malfunctioning fan or a control board problem.
- The F97 error code on your Whirlpool oven or range indicates a potential issue with the cooling fan speed. Follow our troubleshooting steps to clean the fan, test the motor, and inspect the control board for a hassle-free fix.
- If you’re uncomfortable with DIY fixes or if the issue persists, seek professional help. Don’t let the F97 error code disrupt your cooking experience – reach out to Whirlpool customer support or a qualified technician for expert assistance.
How to Fix the F97 Error Code:
- 1. Safety First: Before you start troubleshooting, make sure to unplug the appliance or turn off the circuit breaker to avoid any electrical mishaps.
- 2. Check the Fan: Start by inspecting the cooling fan in your Whirlpool oven or range. Ensure that it’s clean and free of any obstructions like debris, residue, or sticky substances. If you find any blockages, carefully remove them and test the fan again.
- 3. Test the Fan Motor: If cleaning the fan doesn’t resolve the issue, you may need to test the fan motor using a multimeter. Disconnect the wires connected to the fan motor and use the multimeter to check for continuity. If the readings are abnormal or inconsistent, the fan motor may need to be replaced.
- 4. Examine the Control Board: If the fan and fan motor appear to be working fine, it’s time to look into the control board. Inspect the control board for any visible signs of damage, such as burnt or discolored spots. If you notice any issues, you may need to replace the control board.
- 5. Seek Professional Help: If you’re uncomfortable performing these troubleshooting steps or if the issue persists after attempting the above fixes, it’s advisable to consult a professional technician. They have the expertise and tools necessary to diagnose and repair the problem accurately.
Remember, the F97 error code on your Whirlpool oven or range is an indicator of a potential cooling fan speed problem, which can be caused by a malfunctioning fan or a control board issue. By following the steps mentioned above, you can take the first steps towards resolving the error and get back to enjoying hassle-free cooking in no time.
If you need further assistance or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Whirlpool customer support or schedule a service call with a qualified technician. Happy cooking!
Check the power supply to the oven and ensure it is properly connected. If the error persists, it may indicate a problem with the control board or wiring, and professional service may be required.
Frequently Asked Questions about How To Fix The Error Code F97 For Whirlpool Oven & Range
Was this page helpful?
At Storables.com, we guarantee accurate and reliable information. Our content, validated by Expert Board Contributors, is crafted following stringent Editorial Policies. We're committed to providing you with well-researched, expert-backed insights for all your informational needs.