December 17, 2019
10 Best Recliners For Sleeping, Reading & More
Written by: Ljiljana Gacic
Lounge splendidly and gracefully in these best recliners that will make you swoon with joy because of the comfort they give you. Don't miss these beauties!
Getting some quality afternoon rest or a good night’s sleep is what we strive for. Unfortunately, not all of us have the opportunity to surrender to deep sleep in our beds. Sometimes, it might even be uncomfortable because you are experiencing back pain or respiratory problems. It might just be uncomfortable to lie in a horizontal position. Whatever the reason might be, losing sleep should not be an option. Here are the best recliners on the market you can’t miss out on.
Are you looking for the perfect sleep chair? Bonzy’s electric power lift recliner might as well be ideal for you. It doesn’t take a lot of space so you can place it almost anywhere in your home. Thanks to its gentle chocolate color, you can easily match it with other furniture pieces in your living room.
Its plush fabric makes it so soft that you will enjoy spending your afternoons just lazing in it and watching TV. Additionally, you don’t have to worry that the material will wear off quickly since it’s not easily deformed.
What makes it great for an afternoon nap is its extending footrest that will allow you to relax fully. One of the greatest things about this recliner is that it has a side pocket. You can easily store a remote control, newspapers, and books in it. Don’t you want all those items to be so easily reachable?
Finally, elderly people will be grateful for this chair. Getting up with sore knees doesn’t need to be painful anymore. This is one of the best recliners for sleeping that will make your life easier.
- Side pocket to store your items easily
- Footrest can be extended for a full stretch
- Three control buttons for headrest, back, and feet
- Product dimensions: 40.6×36.7×40.6 inches
- Seat dimensions: 21.8×21.8×19.1 inches
- Fabric is soft and comfortable
- Easy to put together
- Can be set to many different positions
- A small gap between the back and seat
- Lacks lower back support
If you are on a hunt for perfect man cave furniture, look no more. Relaxzen massage recliner is the best recliner for sleeping you will find.
After a long day at work, you can come home to the best recliner for sleeping. Eight powerful massage motors will make you experience pure bliss. On the other hand, if five intensity levels aren’t enough to satisfy your needs, then just try its mild lumbar heat. Soon you will forget what back pain is.
This recliner isn’t only a perfect chair to sleep in. It’s also a must-have for those who are addicted to their smartphones and tablets. In fact, USB charging sockets are easily reachable which just means you won’t have to stay away from your favorite gadgets anymore.
However, keep in mind that this is not a chair for the elderly. It’s very difficult to put it back in place after reclined. This might be the only drawback of this amazing upholstered yet perfect sleep chair.
- Nine massage modes to hit that sweet spot
- USB-C charging ports to power your devices
- Fuss-free assembly
- Overall Dimensions: 36″W x 38.5″D x 39.5″H
- Backrest: 33.5″W x 25″H
- Seat: 22.5″W x 21″D x 18.5″H
- Weight capacity of 300lbs
- Soft and cushy
- Very easy to assemble
- Solid build
- Tends to be a bit loud
- Difficult to lock into place
The massage recliner chair by Esright might be the best recliner to sleep in because it smoothly supports your arms, neck, back, and legs. Thanks to the perfect angle, you can enjoy the greatest comfort of all.
This chair is ideal for the elderly since it ensures getting up with minimal effort. The massage system will make you forget about tiredness and soreness in general. Moreover, this chair is easy to assemble and easy to clean which makes it great for the money. Its two side pockets and two cup holders will make sure you have all you need at your fingertips. Simply amazing, right?
- The footrest and backrest can be retracted at the same time
- Choose your favorite from five massage modes
- Cushion and backrest are padded for extra comfort
- Sitting Dimensions: 33.3″(L) x 28.3″(W) x 41.3″(H)
- Seat Dimensions: 21.25″(W) x 22″(D)
- Seat Height:19″
- Weight capacity of 300lbs
- Keeps feet elevated in a comfortable manner
- The heating feature allows you to fully relax
- The arms of the chair are solidly built
- Not the most durable of products
Those who prefer modern-looking furniture will fall in love with Babyletto recliner. This chair won’t take too much space in your living room.
Turn it into the perfect sleep chair just by pushing a button and letting it recline while the footrest raises. Additionally, you can use a USB port to charge your phone which makes it quite convenient.
If you are looking for more lumbar support, then don’t hesitate to use a soft pillow that is included. With a smooth swivel motion, you will manage to relax and sleep like a baby in this modern chair.
- Smooth reclining mechanism
- Built-in USB port
- Able to fit one adult and one child simultaneously
- Product dimensions: 39.5 x 29 x 39.75 inches
- Swivel of up to 270 degrees
- Seat back: 25″, Base: 15″, Length: 36.25″
- Super comfortable
- Easy to assemble
- Sleek and sophisticated design
- Some users have complained about creaking
- A little pricey for a recliner
In general, the best recliners for sleeping are those that ensure maximized relaxation. With the Giantex massage recliner, you will enjoy great comfort with four massage points. Both the elderly and the young will appreciate its numerous, powerful massage modes.
Furthermore, you wouldn’t have to worry if you are on the heavier side. This is the best recliner for sleeping because it can withstand up to 330lbs of body weight. Apart from being sturdy and water-resistant, you won’t need any tools to assemble this recliner. Ten minutes of your time and you will have the best recliner to sleep in.
- Can be operated easily using remote control
- Five vibration massage modes and 2 level vibration intensity
- Supports weights of up to 330lbs
- Open dimensions:25.5″×64×31.5″(W×D×H)
- Closed dimensions:25.5″×34.5″×40.5″(W×D×H)
- Seat dimensions:19.5″×20.5″(W×H)
- Back dimensions:20″×26.5″(W×H)
- Super easy to set up
- Very classic look
- Able to support a large amount of weight
- Vibration from massage function could be stronger
- Footrest stitching is not done very well
Are you looking for a darker recliner that won’t get dirty easily? Upholstered, faux leather recliners are ideal for those who love furniture in charcoal-like colors. This is the perfect chair to sleep in can easily fit in your living room or gaming room. The right mix of little elegance and luxury can never hurt anybody.
A simple button push and a steel rail system make the reclining process quite comfortable. Additionally, you can use a small side pocket to store your remote control as you take a long, afternoon nap.
- Chaise is fully padded with a comfortable recline
- Leather-like material
- Generous amount of padding
- Dimensions: 34″ L x 37″ D x 42″ H
- Weighs 110lbs
- Ample space to accommodate body weight
- Foot and back recline
- Not made from real leather
Not all people are fans of rocking chairs. However, once you have a chance to spend just five minutes in one of Esright’s best recliners, you will never settle for anything less.
Its amazing soft faux leather design is padded with an extra-thick sponge to make it incredibly comfortable. If all different massage and rocking modes don’t convince you, then a 360-degree swivel will. Nonetheless, this ergonomic yet best chair to sleep in takes comfort to a whole other level. Finally, side pockets and two cup holders are just a plus to this chair that fits even the smallest of living rooms perfectly. You just have to be willing to take a rest.
Let the chair be your perfect stress relief just by pulling the handle. Even though the mechanism is manual, the amount of comfort this chair offers compensates it neatly.
- The seat can be swiveled 360 degrees
- Fuss-free cleaning
- Frame Material: CARB-Certified Board and iron
- Production Dimensions: 33.5″(W) x 35.8″(L) x 43.2″(H)
- Seated Size: 22.8″(W) x 20.5″(D) x 18.9″(H)
- Max Capacity: 300lbs
- Easy to assemble
- Cup holders for greater convenience
- Massage and heat feature provide the ultimate relaxing experience
- Lacks lower back support
- Leg recline has a tendency to not stay up
If you are looking for a massive, gorgeous yet affordable recliner, ANJ’s chair should be your choice. Its elegant and luxurious look makes it look like it should cost double the price.
However, what about comfort? Its electric system makes opening and closing seem to work like a charm. It’s the best recliner to sleep in because of the soft material it’s made with. Great lumbar support along with a larger range of reclining makes it perfect to sleep in.
Additionally, a great bonus feature that comes with it is a USB charging port since all modern gadgets come with incredibly small charging cables. Being able to keep your devices close is a plus, isn’t it?
- Handy USB charging port
- Good for up to 25,000 uses
- Stable rack structure
- Overall size 39″ W x 28″ D x 39″H
- Seat Dimensions – 21.7″W x 21.7″ D
- Weight Capacity – 300 lbs
- Easy to assemble
- Superb lumbar support
- Beautiful, classic design
- Slightly small, feet may dangle off the edge of the chair
- No head support
People Who Search For Best Recliners Also Search For
What makes this chair one of the best recliners for sleeping is its unique functionality that can improve the quality of life. The perfect sleep chair has amazingly padded micro-fiber cushions. These provide extra comfort in all positions.
Furthermore, this chair will assist all the people who have mobility issues as it reclines smoothly. Moreover, this perfect sleep chair is sturdy and reliable. Thanks to the non-skid material, you can have a higher sense of safety.
You will be surprised by how easy and quick it is to put the parts together. You just have to enjoy one of the best recliners for sleeping. However, keep in mind that it sometimes produces clicking noises that can be quite annoying.
- Toggle between recline, sit and lift modes with its remote control
- The side pocket can fit small items for easy retrieval
- Powered by a silent yet powerful electric motor
- Product Dimensions: 39″ (W) * 37″ (D) * 40″ (H)
- Seat Dimensions: 20″ (W) * 20.5″ (D)
- Maximum Capacity: 300 lbs
- Easy to assemble
- Supreme comfort at an affordable price
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space
- Not heavy-duty
Recliners are not only supposed to provide comfort, but they should also provide support and pain relief. With the best lazy boy recliner for sleeping, you will have the chance to experience support in all positions.
What’s great about this recliner is that the side controls are in a great position so they are very easy to use. But you have to take note that the motor makes a light noise when you recline.
Nevertheless, this La-Z-Boy recliner for sleeping is very sturdy and comfy. There are separate controls for the back and leg rest. Unfortunately, there are no controls over the lumbar support as it extends when the chair reclines.
Having a USB port nearby is also a handy feature. However, what makes this chair stand out is a battery feature which is great for power outages. This is why this chair is among the most trustworthy and best recliners for sleeping in the world.
- Arms are padded for extra comfort
- Retains its shape well thanks to its double-picked blown fiber fill
- Feet can be raised with the touch of a button
- Product dimensions: 40″ x 32″ x 35″
- Seat width: 18″
- Side controls are positioned perfectly
- Solid build
- Nice and soft padding
- Any repairs may take a long time
There is a rich array of recliners to choose from other than the ones listed in this piece. However, the most important thing is to pay attention to your needs. Recliners are there to make your life easier and free from pain and stress.
Don’t hesitate to indulge yourself and improve the quality of sleep whether you have back pain, respiratory issues, or poor blood circulation. Choose a durable and sturdy recliner with some extra features to make your investment worthwhile. If you want something more than a recliner, check out our article on the best chaise lounges. You will be happy you did!