Home>Furniture>Living Room Furniture>9 Coffee Table with Storage for Your Home’s Quaint Spaces
Living Room Furniture
9 Coffee Table with Storage for Your Home’s Quaint Spaces
Modified: February 7, 2023
Maximize living room space with a functional coffee table with storage! Know here which storage coffee table would suit your current living room setup.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
A coffee table isn’t just a mere accent piece. It’s where we put down our drinks while we’re lounging around the living room. We also use it to avoid our mobile phones and remote controls from getting crushed on the sofa. Plus, some coffee tables allow us to store some of our belongings. This is quite convenient if there’s no storage room or garage at home.
Why Buy a Coffee Table with Storage?
With all the benefits that we can get from having a coffee table, it’s practical to invest in it. But before you buy one, don’t just choose something that looks beautiful. Think about how functional it is too. It doesn’t need to have high-tech features. A coffee table with storage is good enough already. Here are some reasons why you should choose such furniture:
Hides the Mess
Ever tried arranging the items on the shelves but they still look messy? This is what we call visual clutter. It’s when things start to look chaotic because they aren’t visually organized. Items of different shapes and sizes are mixed up in one place. Instead of going through the hassle of arranging items by category, you can just hide some of them within the coffee table. With those small knick-knacks tucked inside the table, the living room feels fresher and looks more organized!
One of the advantages of having a coffee table with storage is that it eliminates the need to purchase and install an extra shelf. You also don’t need extra storage boxes for items that you rarely use. You can use the coffee table instead. This helps maximize in the living room, thus there’s more room to move around.
How Much Space Should a Storage Coffee Table Take Up?
Since it offers extra storage space, you are probably thinking that it’s bigger than your average coffee table. Well, it depends on the design. If it’s a coffee table with a lift top and storage, then yes, it’s quite bulky and can eat up a huge chunk of space. Although there are smaller coffee tables with an open shelf or drawer, you can’t be sure they will fit your current living room setup.
To know the right coffee table size, consider the distance of the coffee table to the other furniture items in the living room. Typically, it should be at least 12 inches away from your sofa. Also, the distance between the coffee table and the TV should be 30 inches. This is how much space a coffee table with storage should take up.
9 Best Coffee Tables with Storage
With all the different coffee table styles, it would surely be quite challenging to choose the right one. Below, we have listed some of the best coffee tables with storage to help you decide which one you should buy for your living room.
Even though a coffee table is more affordable than any other type of home furniture, it still costs hundreds of dollars. Get your money’s worth by buying sustainable and durable furniture. Consider choosing this Multipurpose Coffee Table from SIMPLIHOME. It is made of Mango Hardwood and this is considered one of the most durable materials that ages well. Moreover, this rustic coffee table features a double split top lift that reveals a hidden storage compartment underneath.
- Black iron hairpin legs
- Hidden storage
- Solid Mango hardwood
- 2 hidden storage compartments and 1 open shelf
- Overall dimensions are 32 inches x 32 inches x 18 inches
- Provides extra storage space
- Coated with a protective NC lacquer to ensure it will last longer
- A rustic coffee table with storage that is ideal for a modern living room
- The top lift is difficult to open and close
Working in the same home office space every day can decrease your productivity, so try changing your environment by working in the living room.
You can turn the living room into a comfortable working space with this Retro Coffee Table from Rolanstar. It has a lift-top ergonomic design that allows you to adjust the height of the table. It’s now going to be a lot more comfortable to work in the living room with this type of coffee table as you don’t have to crouch and lean towards the laptop.
- Lift-top ergonomic design
- Hidden compartment
- Spring hinges
- Load capacity is 100 pounds
- Overall dimensions are 41.7 inches x 19.7 inches x 18.5-23.7 inches
- Includes a set of table corner protectors
- Waterproof coffee table with hidden storage
- More storage space; hidden compartment, open shelf, and drawers
- The lack of a stabilizer bar on the hinges makes the lift-top difficult to open
We tend to forget the things that we left in our drawers because they are completely hidden. Make things more visible with this Industrial Coffee Table from WLIVE. It has a large drawer with a pair of mesh visual doors that allows us to see what’s inside. Finding specific items will be easier with this kind of storage coffee table.
Just like the Retro Coffee Table from Rolanstar, this one also has a lift top that can be turned into an ergonomic floating desk. Thus, this would be a great alternative to a home office desk.
- Lift-top design
- Industrial design
- Hidden compartment
- Made of MDF board and metal
- Table size is 42 inches x 22 inches x 18 inches
- Has adjustable feet
- Heavy-duty iron legs
- Easy to open magnetic mesh doors
- Has sharp edges
Not all of us have the budget for a lift-top coffee table. It’s a good thing there are lots of practical options in the market — just like this coffee table from HOMEKOKO. It might lack those innovative features, but it is still good enough as a storage coffee table. It has an adjustable shelf and a spacious open grid at the bottom. This would be useful in storing magazines, DIY baskets, and other small items.
- Open lower grid
- Contemporary, industrial style
- Made of P2 Board and steel
- Tabletop is 41.7 inches x 23.6 inches
- Coffee table is 18 inches tall
- Adjustable storage shelf makes it easier to fit different items of any size
- Its industrial, rustic design would go well with modern living rooms.
- Not available in different designs and colors
What’s difficult about large, spacious living rooms is furnishing the awkward, unfilled spaces. One solution is to furnish it with a visually heavy coffee table. A good example would be this Rustic Brown Coffee Table from Topfurny. It appears heavy because of its long, rectangular shape and dark, rustic brown color. Consider pairing this up with a traditional three-seater sofa to create a well-balanced living room.
- Mid-century style
- Warp-resistant wood
- Open shelf and storage cabinet
- Made of wood grain laminate
- Weight capacity is 100 pounds
- Overall coffee table dimensions are 39.6 inches x 19.8 inches x 16.9 inches
- Comes with an extra storage bag
- Waterproof coffee table with storage
- Angled wooden legs make the coffee table more stable
- It wobbles a bit
If you only have a small living room, you have to be smart when buying home furniture. For example, you can still have an L-sectional sofa but you shouldn’t buy a large coffee table for it. A better choice would be this coffee table from Furrino. It’s not too small nor too big, so this will suit a large L-sectional sofa. Plus, this coffee table with storage is great for studio apartments because it has non-woven baskets and an open shelf underneath. Use this extra storage space to declutter some items in the living room.
- Non-woven bins
- Rounded edge design
- Made of particleboard
- Overall dimensions are 31.5 inches x18.9 inches x15.6 inches
- Available in different shades and colors
- Rounded edges help prevent cuts and injuries
- Not scratch-resistant
People Who Search For Coffee Table With Storage Also Search For
Coffee tables with metal legs look aesthetic because of their modern, sleek design. However, this kind of coffee table could leave scratches on the floor. You can put a carpet under the table to protect the floors but eventually, you’ll have to remove and clean the carpet. A better solution would be investing in a coffee table with adjustable rubber feet. Just like this Industrial Square Coffee table from HOMOOI.
- Open compartments
- Adjustable anti-scratching feet
- 2-level coffee table with storage
- Made of metal and thickened wood
- Overall dimensions are 31.5 inches x 31.5 inches x 18.9 inches
- Space-saving table with storage underneath
- Suitable for uneven floors because of its adjustable feet
- Get to receive free replacement parts if there are damaged parts
- Assembling can be quite difficult
It could be dangerous to use a square or rectangular coffee table if there are children at home because it has sharp corners that could cause injuries. You could add corner guards but not all coffee tables come with such accessories. So, better to choose a round coffee table instead.
This Industrial Coffee Table from Teraves is a great choice if you want a simple yet functional round coffee table. What makes it unique from a regular accent table is that it has an “X” bracing structure that looks exquisite.
- Unique X frame design
- Metal grid open shelf
- Made of Medium-density fiberboard and sturdy iron frame
- Overall dimensions are 35.8 inches x 18.1 inches
- Weight capacity is 39.7 pounds
- Space-saving round coffee table with storage
- Underneath storage could also be used as a resting place for pets
- Assembling could be quite difficult
We have to use coasters if we are going to use our wooden coffee table to put our drinks down in between conversations. This is to prevent the wood from warping and expanding. However, with this Modern Coffee Table from Giantex, those coasters are no longer needed. It has a toughened glass top that helps protect the wood from damage.
Plus, this is a coffee table with hidden storage! There’s a large compartment underneath with double doors. Even though it’s hidden, you can easily get your items because each door has a metal handle.
- Glass tabletop
- Double-door storage compartment
- Tabletop has a weight capacity of 55 pounds
- Made of thickened board, metal fittings, and glass
- Overall dimensions are 47.5 inches x 19 inches x 18 inches
- Offers more storage space
- Glass top helps prevent scratches
- Has foot pads to keep the coffee table stable
- Has sharp corners
Our home should be somewhere we can relax and take a break. But how can we relax with all the clutter in the living room? Reduce the clutter using a coffee table with storage. This multipurpose furniture has compartments and shelves that can be used to keep things out of sight. It will be more pleasant to lounge around the living room now that it’s neater and more organized. Just go back and review some of our product recommendations to find out which type of storage coffee table would be suitable for your living room.
Check out also some of these smart living room storage ideas! Not only you will learn some tips and tricks about how to maximize the space in the living room, but you’ll also know how to decorate it without overwhelming it with stuff.