12 Stereo Cabinets and Racks for that Classy Retro Ambiance
Published: October 25, 2021
Modified: October 26, 2021
Keep your audio equipment organized with these classy stereo cabinets. Your home entertainment room will now be complete with this multipurpose furniture.
Your entertainment center wouldn’t be complete without stereo audio equipment. It’s more fun and exciting to watch a movie with the stereo on. Games also are now more immersive with the stereo’s “surround-sound” feature. Since it is such an essential home entertainment equipment, keep it protected with durable and functional stereo cabinets and racks.
Reasons to Invest in Stereo Cabinets and Racks
Good stereo furniture doesn’t come cheap. Most of them cost a hundred dollars! You might be hesitant to invest in such furniture because of the exorbitant prices, but rest assured that every penny you’ll spend on it will be worth it. Here’s why:
They Organize Your Living Room
Stereo cabinets and racks are more than just home furniture pieces that we use to house our audio equipment. We also use them to store and organize our prized CD and DVD collection. Some even have extra shelves and drawers that can be used to store magazines, books, and a whole lot more! In short, it’s a piece of multifunctional furniture that keeps our living room organized. However, if there’s no more space in the stereo cabinet, consider making a DIY storage cabinet to add more storage space in the living room.
They Reduce the Risk of Trips and Falls
Even though wireless stereo systems are the trend nowadays, a lot of us still hold on to our traditional wired stereo equipment. Besides, the wired ones are quite durable so you probably don’t see the need to upgrade yet. However, exposed stereo wires are not only annoying to look at, but also pose some danger. Some may trip over them, causing accidental falls and injuries.
Using cable ties could help organize them, but they could still look messy if you left them hanging at the back of the stereo. A better solution would be to hide the wires using stereo cabinets. Some of these cabinets have cable management holes for arranging stereo wires. Your living room will be a lot safer with a stereo cabinet!
They Provide Better Sound Experience
Usually, you have to use speaker stands to improve the sound quality of your stereo. However, speaker stands are quite expensive. A good alternative would be a tall stereo audio rack. Use it to elevate the speakers for a better sound experience. Just make sure the cones of the speakers are slightly protruding from the rack to avoid muddy sounds.
12 Best Stereo Cabinets
Stereo cabinets and racks come in different types and styles. Some have open shelves that offer better ventilation, while some have enclosed cabinets that help protect audio equipment from dust. To find out which type would best suit your home entertainment setup, browse through some of our recommended stereo cabinets and racks below.
Let’s start with audio racks. These are ideal for beginners because of their simple designs. An audio rack features open shelves that allow you to display your stereo equipment system. Wire management is also easy with this type of home entertainment furniture.
Just like most digital devices, stereo equipment and other home appliances are upgrading as the years go by. Soon, you’ll find yourself buying some of the newest home stereo systems for better sound quality. If this is the case, then it would be wise to invest in a versatile audio rack to accommodate your growing stereo collection.
This Audio Shelf from Pangea is a good choice for a versatile audio rack. It has a customizable modular design that allows you to easily add and remove some extra shelves. What’s also great about this audio rack is that it has contoured shelves that provide extra space to store any bulky stereo equipment.
- Contoured shelves
- Vinyl-covered shelves
- Scratch-resistant support tubes
- Shelves are made of MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard)
- Audio rack is 32 inches tall with 6 shelves
- Shelves are 23.75 inches wide, 18 inches deep, and 0.625 inches thick
- Has a bolt-together design for easy assembly
- Support tubes are made from heavy-duty steel
- Vinyl cover protects the shelves from scuffs and scratches
- Add-a-shelf kits are sold separately
One of the causes of overheating is stacking two stereos on top of each other. Instead of squeezing them in one big shelf, use this Audio Rack from Pangea. It’s almost the same as the previous audio shelf because both have a modular, customizable design. But what makes this audio rack different is that it has “X-braces” so it offers better support.
Usually, vintage stereos are bulky. If you have one and you need a durable rack to store such sound equipment, then consider choosing this Audio Rack. Apart from its durable structure, it also offers better ventilation because of its open-shelf design.
- Expandable shelves
- Extra-thick shelves
- Open-air design
- Audio rack is 32 inches tall
- Shelves are 3.75 inches wide, 18 inches deep, and .75 inches thick
- The tubes are scratch-resistant.
- The shelves are thick enough to hold heavy and bulky stereo equipment.
- The unique spiked, cone-point feet makes the rack more durable and stable.
- Spiked feet could cause floor scratches
You might feel reluctant to choose glass stereo furniture because it looks more fragile than wood and steel. Rest assured that it is safe to use because most are made of tempered glass. This is a lot stronger than a regular glass material, and even if you accidentally break it, the glass is broken down into large round pieces so it won’t cause serious injuries.
This Media Stereo Cabinet from Mount It! is also made from tempered glass so it’s durable and safe. Moreover, the tubes that support the shelves are made from chrome-plated stainless steel that is durable, and corrosion-resistant. You can be sure that this audio rack will last for a long time.
- Interchangeable shelf segments
- Strong tempered glass shelves
- Durable stainless steel support tubes
- Top shelf has a weight capacity of 88 pounds
- Weight capacity of lower shelves is 33 pounds
- Shelf dimensions are 23.5 inches x 15.5 inches
- Has beveled edges so it’s safe to use
- Can easily complement any interior style
- Interchangeable shelf makes it easier to fit stereo equipment of different sizes
- Quite heavy
Earlier, we talked about how difficult it is to organize the wires and cables on open stereo racks. But with this Stereo and Audio Stand from Sanus, wire and cable management will be a piece of cake! It features built-in cable management tunnels that can be used to keep stereo cables hidden. Your home entertainment room will look a lot neater using this stereo furniture!
Another advantage of using this stereo and audio stand is that the MDF shelves have a catalyzed black lacquer finish that makes it extra strong. Moreover, the powder-coated steel pillars add durability to this audio stereo furniture. Thus, it’s safe to store heavy and bulky stereo equipment.
- Sleek, black lacquered shelves
- Built-in cable tunnels
- Durable steel and shelves
- Weight capacity of each shelf is 200 pounds
- Overall dimensions are 48 inches x 23.5 inches x 18. 5 inches
- Open-shelf design prevents stereo from overheating
- Has adjustable feet that are great for living rooms with uneven floors
- Large weight capacity allows it to hold multiple heavy stereo equipment
- Packaging is not secured
Closed Audio Stereo Cabinets
We are all familiar with stories of kids accidentally destroying or damaging their parents’ stuff. Now you are probably worried about your kids doing something terrible to your stereo equipment. Fortunately, you can keep it safe with these closed audio stereo cabinets.
Dust is the number one enemy of any electronic device. The thing is, no matter how much we clean our space, dust still accumulates over time. Luckily, there’s a way for you to protect your stereo equipment from dust. Take a look at the Audio Tower from Nexera! Equipped with wooden doors with glass inserts, it will help keep dust away from your stereo.
You will also like how it has a removable back panel. This could be useful in preventing the stereo from overheating. Just make sure to put back the panel if the stereo is not in use to avoid the dust from gathering inside the cabinet.
- Reversible door
- Adjustable shelves
- Wooden door with glass inserts
- Made of MDF and particleboard
- Overall dimensions are 18 ¼ inches x 19 inches x 34 inches
- Exquisite black lacquer finish
- A versatile reversible door that can be opened either from the left or right
- Adjustable shelves to fit stereo equipment of different sizes
- Not ideal for heavy and bulky stereo equipment
Although it would be nice to show off a vintage stereo collection, this is not practical if some children will be visiting the house. It’s better to store them in this audio cabinet for a while to keep them away from prying hands. Don’t worry, your stereo can still be seen since the cabinet has two tempered glass doors. Plus, it offers large storage space with its four adjustable shelves.
- Tempered glass doors
- Handcrafted stereo cabinet
- Elegant, tobacco, brown lacquered finish
- Made of solid pine wood
- Overall dimensions are 17 inches x 39 inches x 42.2 inches
- Brushed nickel knobs look exquisite
- Has a rustic design that is ideal for modern living rooms
- Has a chemical smell at first
Do you use your stereo equipment every day? If that’s the case, then it would be practical to use a stereo cabinet with glass doors. Just like this Stereo Component Stand from Sonax. The glass doors have magnetic catches that allow one to open and close the cabinet with ease. Easily access your stereo with just a press of a finger!
- Tempered glass doors
- One-touch glass doors
- Large, spacious shelves
- 4 adjustable shelves
- Overall dimensions are 15.75 inches x 21.25 inches x 36 inches
- Tempered glass doors are durable and safe
- Has a midnight black finish that makes it look exquisite
- Contemporary cabinet design easily complements any interior
- No cable wire management holes
Mixing vintage and modern elements in one room is one of the most popular trends in interior design. Achieve such arrangement with this Stereo Cabinet from Convenience Concepts. It features a modern contemporary style with tempered doors and wooden shelves. Store vintage stereo equipment here and place a vintage lamp on top to create a modern retro vibe in the living room!
- Durable storage shelves
- Eco-friendly wood material
- Weight capacity is 100 pounds
- Available in different finishes (white, black, and cherry)
- Doubles as a TV stand
- Can support any heavy stereo equipment
- Glass doors allow you to display your stereo collection
- The back and side parts are only made of cardboard
Multipurpose Stereo Cabinets
Aside from the stereo and our home entertainment system, we also like to keep some of our collections in the living room. Books, magazines, DVDs, albums, toys — we want to display them for everyone to see. Thus, it would be ideal to invest in a multipurpose stereo cabinet to house not just your stereo but also your other prized possessions.
Looking for an environmentally friendly stereo cabinet? Look no more! This multipurpose entertainment cabinet from SIMPLi HOME Life is made from rubberwood. It is a kind of hardwood that comes from Pará rubber trees. This is considered an eco-friendly type of wood as it will only be harvested at the end of its useful life.
This audio stereo cabinet doubles as a TV stand! There’s also extra room to store CDs, albums, and other small items thanks to its cabinets with adjustable shelves. This would be useful in reducing the clutter in the living room.
- Modern mid-century style
- Classic antique brass hardware
- Auburn-brown finish with NC lacquer coating
- Overall dimensions are 18 inches x 60 inches x 26 inches
- Has cord management holes
- Provides plenty of storage space
- Lacquer coating makes the stereo cabinet more durable
- It’s very heavy.
People Who Search For stereo cabinets Also Search For
Who doesn’t want a stereo cabinet that’s both durable and affordable? If this is what you are looking for, you might want to check out this Stereo Storage Cabinet from Tangkula. The legs are made from pinewood, and this kind of wood has great structural strength. Compared to other wooden furniture, those that are made from pinewood are much cheaper. You get to save huge bucks with this long-lasting stereo cabinet!
Just like the Multipurpose Entertainment Cabinet from Tangkula, this product could be used as a TV stand and storage cabinet. With cupboards and adjustable shelves, this multifunctional furniture could be a great addition to the living room.
- Vintage metal knobs
- Magnetic base
- Tempered glass doors
- Made of MDF board, wood, and tempered glass
- Overall dimensions are 3 inches x 16 inches x 30 inches
- Pinewood legs help keep the cabinet stable
- Cabinet top could be used as a TV stand
- Multiple storage compartments for stereos and gaming consoles
- Some scratches inside the cupboards
Vintage furniture never goes out of style. Whether you have a Scandinavian interior or a classic minimalist interior, a piece of vintage furniture will find its place in the living room. If you are the type of person who likes the classics, then consider choosing this Multipurpose Stereo Cabinet from Modway. It’s a vintage media console with a mid-century style. What’s great about this is that it has sliding slatted doors that can be used to hide unused electronics.
- Tapered legs
- Slatted sliding doors
- Walnut grain veneer finish
- Available in 4 colors: Walnut, Charcoal, Oak, and White
- Overall dimensions are 13.5 inches x 37.5 inches x 27 inches
- Tapered legs help prevent floor scratches
- Gives off modern retro vibes in the living room
- Has cable management holes for a more organized look
- Quite difficult to assemble
Make small living rooms look more spacious with this Multipurpose Driftwood Cabinet from Convenience Concepts! This is an all-in-one cabinet furniture with open shelves, drawers, and a cabinet with tempered glass doors! The shelves would be useful in showcasing retro stereos, while the shelves can be used to store albums, CDs, and other music collections. The drawers at the bottom are just a bonus to keep items out of sight.
- Strong wooden legs
- Antique brass knobs
- Cabinet with tempered glass
- Made of solid wood pine
- Overall dimensions 36 inches x 15.5 inches x 36.5 inches
- Helps save living room space
- Offers extra storage space that helps keep the living organized
- Assembling could take hours
Life would be boring without music. Apart from being an instant mood booster, they give the much-needed groove in our lives! This is why stereos are always included in our living room setup. They just make everything feel more alive!
Now, like most home appliances, a stereo can get easily damaged without proper care and maintenance. Aside from routinely cleaning stereo, you can properly take care of it by investing in a quality stereo cabinet. Just go back and review some of our recommended stereo cabinets to make sure you’ll purchase a durable and functional cabinet to keep the good music playing.