Home>Interior Design>20 Porch Flooring Options That Are Sure To Last
20 Porch Flooring Options That Are Sure To Last
Modified: February 7, 2023
Looking for a new porch flooring has never been this easy thanks to this list of trustworthy and durable porch flooring options for your home.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Porches are extensions of houses that feel like home themselves. So, if you’re looking for ways to enjoy life outside our doorstep, better take note of the importance in choosing the best flooring options you can have.
To say, porches are the transitional space when entering and exiting your front door. It is often covered with a connecting roof from your house paired with walls for support. Out of all the components that make a porch, porch flooring is the added touch to complete and achieve a beautiful and welcoming tone for your home.
Porch flooring is a large factor to capture the sense of style you want your home to convey. It also serves as the foundation of your house’s overall appearance and construction. That is why spending some time to know more about porch flooring can help you find the best and durable ones for your home.
FAQS about porch flooring
Do you need a permit to build or renovate your porch?
This depends on a wide variety of locations. It is said that you need a permit if you want to execute major changes in your home’s footprint. With that, it’s understandable that small front porch flooring ideas can be executed without permits. However, to be sure, always check and consult your local permit and inspection office to avoid trouble.
Is the installation for porch flooring options all the same?
No. First of all, different porch floorings have their version of stability, durability, acclimation, and more. Design and texture are also factors you need to consider. Aside from this, the installation or even prepping the surface for your porch flooring can vary due to several factors. One of which is the use of materials to prevent moisture from ruining the finished flooring. Another is the difficulty of the terrain and if the surface area allows the construction of a porch.
Should I do it on my own?
You can choose easy-to-install or DIY porch flooring options for your outdoor living needs. There are tutorials found on the Internet on how you can install it on your own. Still, be wary about doing it all by yourself. If you want your porch flooring installation to be seamless and secure, it’s best to hire a contractor or a specialist to do the job. Most of the time, doing it all by yourself could render poorly installed porch flooring due to limited knowledge and experience. Having someone to supervise the construction of your porch would ensure precise and durable flooring.
Pros and Cons of Having Porch Flooring
Porch flooring has its share of pros and cons. Since people have different needs and preferences in designing their porches, it would be beneficial to weigh your options first before making any purchase.
- Gives you more space and storage
- Adds character
- Comfier outdoor environment
- Can be costly to install
- May require occasional maintenance
Even if the pros outweigh the cons, you still have to decide if you need the upgrade. If you decide to proceed, know that porches are versatile as they could accommodate any type of gathering from elaborate to casual. Best of all, you’ll have more space and storage for your outdoor furniture and accessories.
20 porch flooring options that are surely trustworthy and durable
Since porches are usually the area where there’s a lot of feet activity, the flooring must keep up with the demand of accommodating a hefty amount of people all while holding its shape and integrity. This is why having trustworthy and durable porch flooring can save you from embarrassing and costly repairs in the future.
If you’re up to the idea of building or upgrading your deck, then this selection of porch flooring options might help you get the best out of your budget.
1. PandaHome Wood-Plastic Composite Deck Tiles
Enhancing your porch flooring can indeed enhance your living experience. With the PANDAHOME composite porch flooring, you get to experience the premium deck tiles that are exceptionally durable and made-to-last. Its non-slip design makes it the perfect option for your porch flooring if you have a pool, your location experiences constant rainy seasons, you want to avoid slippage caused by drinks.
- Offers stability and is waterproof
- Has a four-way interlocking base for an upgraded installation process
- Includes 22 pieces and each measure 12 inches x 12 inches x 0.8 inch
- Genuine wood-plastic composite finish
- Looks natural
- Easy to install and maintain
- Would be great if the base is slightly firm
2. Sunnyglade Wood-Plastic Interlocking Flooring Tiles
You don’t have to worry if you don’t have the tools to install your new set of flooring tiles for your porch. With the Sunnyglade interlocking tiles, you can have easy installation and a durable platform base that offers adequate drainage space to prevent moisture and condensation. Just like the former, this is made from wood-plastic composite that has superior water resistance. With this, refurbishing your old porch and making use of wood porch flooring can be done in no time.
- Easy to set up and move
- The 144 contact points provide weight distribution
- Includes 6 pieces
- Each measures 12.83 inches by 12.8 inches by 6.46 inches
- Raised platform base for drainage
- Easy to cut with a table saw
- No tools are required for installation
- May fade when exposed to extreme heat
The occasional wear and tear are unavoidable especially if your porch flooring has seen all weather conditions. To prevent such scenarios, invest in premium flooring like the Mammoth imitation wood flooring tiles. Since these tiles are not made from real wood, they are flame-retardant and water-resistant. Its slide-lock mechanism also makes it easier for you to install porch flooring that has such a natural look and feel.
- Suitable for both hard and soft surfaces
- Long-lasting grip when milled properly
- Includes 10 pieces and each measure 12 inches by 12 inches by 0.75 inch
- Non-fading and non-toxic
- No need to prime, stain, and seal
- Mimics wood appearance and texture
- Power cleaning is not advised
Your porch renovation can be done in a snap thanks to these outdoor teak wood deck tiles. This type of porch flooring makes installation straightforward with its snap-lock mechanism. With just the pressure of your hand, you can install this porch flooring in an instant. Other than that, this is only ideal for a covered patio yet still the best porch flooring option for those who want natural wood color emanating from their porches.
- Snap-lock mechanism
- Durable and quality teak wood that doesn’t break easily
- Includes 10 pieces and each measures 12 inches by 12 inches by 7.28 inches
- UV coated tiles made of teak wood and a strong PPC base
- Doesn’t easily fade
- Can be installed without hardware
- May need an oil coat once a year
- Can’t handle excessive amounts of water, snow, and heavy sunlight
Vinyl flooring is such a popular porch flooring option thanks to the wonders it offers. Vinyl is water-resistant and is the perfect porch flooring alternative for wood especially if you worry about spills, moisture, and wetness. With the Achim Home Furnishings Vinyl Tile, you can simply peel and place the tile on your porch. The best part, fitting pieces on smaller areas can be a breeze since you can simply use a ruler and a cutter to cut and just snap to break it apart.
- Highly durable and water-proof
- Includes 20 pieces and each measures 12 inches by 12 inches by 1.3 inches
- No wax finish
- Straightforward installation
- No glue or adhesives needed
- Needs to be installed at a controlled temperature
- May contain chemicals known to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm
6. Bare Decor EZ-Floor Interlocking Floor Tiles
Give that maintenance-free hardwood decor to your porch with this porch flooring alternative. This is the ideal product when you want your porch flooring to be inexpensively durable. Just like the tongue and groove porch flooring, it’s easy to install even if you don’t have the required tools. It is also available as loop ends to achieve a porch flooring tongue and groove approach.
- Interlocking mechanism
- Can be removed and relocated if needed
- Set of 10 and each measures 12 inches by 12 inches by 1.06 inches
- Long 9 slats of solid teak wood
- Scratches can be sanded out
- Enough to cover 10 sq. ft.
- Excessive moisture can ruin the appearance
7. RevTime Garden Rubber Paver
Having rubber porch flooring offers a lot of advantages. Aside from having good elasticity that offers comfort for your feet, you can achieve that brick approach since every tile is formed into a dog-bone pattern. It is also made of granular material, thus making it water permeable and breathable. If you’re up to achieving a vintage porch flooring for your home, then this rubber paver should be on your list.
- Offers great stability
- Water permeable and breathable
- Thickness is ¾ inch
- Made of granular material
- Non-slip even in the rain
- Can be installed without adhesives
- Each piece is quite small
8. GOLENER Wood Interlocking Floor Tiles
Natural-looking porch flooring is hard to achieve, especially when you didn’t choose the trustworthy and quality one. But with the Golener Wood Interlocking Floor Tiles, you can have all the great features of solid wood with painless installation. While some porch flooring may not seem as authentic as wood, this porch flooring captures that deep amber color perfect for promoting an inviting and homey atmosphere.
- Strong air permeability
- Excellent drainage performance
- Each measures 11.4 inches by 11.4 inches by 0.8 inch
- 3D wood grain technology
- Easy to assemble
- Convenient to move around
- Oil care is needed before the summer and winter seasons
Thinking of bringing luscious grass on your porch? You can with this artificial grass porch flooring! This is the perfect porch flooring option if you are looking for a unique way to freshen your porch and make it seem inviting and dynamic. It would give your porch a close-to-nature atmosphere minus the maintenance of caring for real grass.
- Safe and non-toxic
- Wear-resistant and non-slip
- Each measures 12 inches by 12 inches by 1.5 inches
- Base is made of heavy-duty plastic
- Easy to install and remove
- Soft and comfortable for kids and pets
- Can be very hot when exposed to extreme heat
With the tons of wood varieties in the market, it can be hard to know the kind of maintenance one needs. If you don’t want to bury yourself in the trouble of wood prolongation then this wood plastic composite porch flooring is the one for you. You can achieve a wood-like porch flooring with this alternative and have it in perfect condition all year round. Its easy installation also makes it an ideal porch flooring option, and it can easily be cut into all forms to fit a specific or irregular spot on your porch.
- Anti-mold and termite-proof
- Durable than traditional wood tiles
- Overall weight is 12.35 lb
- Each measures 24.41 inches by 12.6 inches by 8.66 inches
- Made of hard WPC board
- Looks like real wood
- Nonslip surface
- Could use some staples to fix its placement
People Who Search For Porch Flooring Also Search For
Acacia wood is known to be extremely durable when used as porch flooring. But with the Acacia wood outdoor flooring, maintaining and installing this porch flooring has never been this easy. Its resistance to rot and decay makes it the perfect porch flooring option for your outdoor living needs. Aside from this, tiles are sanded and oiled to achieve that wonderful, and scratch-resistant finish. They also are a great temporary solution if you’d like to decorate your porch throughout the season.
- Snap-lock mechanism
- Non-slip and great for high porches with high foot traffic
- Overall weight is 220 lb
- Each measures 39.37 inches by 39.37 inches by 19.69 inches
- Made of Acacia wood
- Easy to put together
- Can be installed on top of concrete, wood, and other solid surfaces
- May still need some proper weather sealer for long term outdoor exposure
If you’re not an avid fan of wooden porch flooring then you should consider the PureGarden Stone-Look Patio Tiles on your next purchase. This will take your porch to a whole other level due to its aesthetic display of stone-like features. It will also bring that natural allure and an elegant vibe you always wanted. Now instead of using concrete to install them on your porch floor, all you have to do is snap them together and voila, you have a stone porch flooring ready to amaze everyone!
- Weather-resistant and non-slip
- Interlocking mechanism
- Comes in 6 pieces and measures 11.5 inches by x 11.5 inches by 0.5 inches
- Made of Polypropylene
- Easy assembly
- No sanding and staining needed
- Does not cover 5.5 sq. ft. as advertized
What better way to spruce up your porch than having these wood-plastic composite deck tiles as your new porch flooring? The elegant gray color of this porch flooring alternative can indeed elevate your porch without such a big price tag. Thanks to technology, this porch flooring option protects the deck tiles from rotting, scratching, and other wear and tear caused by heavy foot traffic. For certain, boosting your outdoor living space experience with this porch flooring is easy as its installation.
- Water-proof and rigid
- Has four-way interlocking abilities
- Comes in 6 quantities and each measures 12 inches by 12 inches by 0.8 inch
- Upgraded installation for drainage and noise control
- No oil-care needed
- Doesn’t look cheap
- Can get hot with long sun exposure
14. Progoal Interlocking Flooring Tiles
Light porch flooring can make your porch seem a little larger thanks to the light that reflects from the surface. With a lighter porch flooring, you can also expect less dust and an airy and fresh atmosphere, perfect when spending time with your family. With mongolica as its raw material, it makes it possible for you to enjoy a non-slip, pressure-proof, and waterproof porch flooring.
- Interlocking wooden flooring tiles
- Processed through strict carbonization technology
- Comes in 6 pieces and each measures 12 inches by 12 inches by 9 inches
- Made with high-quality mongolica
- Elegant texture
- Panels are easy to assemble
- Has powdery substance at the bottom
Going outside with kids can mean fun and games. Now this porch flooring option is the best for families ready to get active and playful while outside their “comfort zones”. This porch flooring option offers great shock absorption and keeps kids safe from slips and falls. Since it’s made from rubber, it also offers reduces noise and vibration to keep annoying sounds at bay.
- Durable and breathable
- Great for sporty activities
- Comes in 4 pieces and measures 20 inches by 20 inches by 1.2 inches
- Made of high-quality rubber
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Lighter than stone yet tough and well-built
- Slightly moves when not aligned properly
You don’t have to worry about swelling, deformation, and all the horrible things that can happen to your porch flooring when you have the Aluminum Composite Interlocking Decking Tile. Since it’s made from genuine aluminum alloy, it can easily adapt and maintain its shape when exposed to extreme temperatures and weather conditions. You can even install your porch flooring in various splicing methods to give your porch a unique pattern.
- Lightweight and low maintenance
- Premium wood grain finish
- Comes in 9 pieces and each measure 13.5 inches x 13 inches x 1 inch
- Made with genuine aluminum alloy
- Easy to clean
- Better strength and durability than wood and plastic
- Can be a little expensive
Another weather-resistant porch flooring is here to accommodate your porch flooring needs. The Pure Garden Interlocking Floor is another contender for the best porch flooring options available in the market. Its dark gray color makes it great for a modern approach to your porch flooring without the taxing maintenance and repair issues. Like most on this list, it is also made from wood and plastic which makes it durable and water-resistant like a waterproof tongue and groove porch flooring.
- Open design for drainage
- Interlocking mechanism
- Comes in 6 pieces and each measures 12 inches x 12 inches x 0.9 inch
- Made with wood and plastic composite
- No staining or sanding needed
- Fade-resistant so good with direct sunlight
- Tiles are fragile
Refurbishing your outdoor living space can be done with ease with this convenient porch flooring option. As style meets utility, this vinyl porch flooring can withstand any unfavored events, meaning it won’t warp, crack, split or bend. It’s also water-resistant and can be a great alternative for wooden porch flooring. Aside from that, it has a straightforward installation by just peeling and sticking it on the surface. A single plank can also be cropped in various shapes and sizes.
- Can stick even in under high temperatures
- Peel-and-stick installation method
- Edges measure 12 inches by 12 inches by 0.8 inch
- Made of premium vinyl
- Removable within 3 minutes to straighten crumpled edges
- Subfloor must be in good condition before installation
Another acacia deck tile that makes porch flooring look nice and tidy is this product. Its modern gray finish would sure captivate your visitors upon entering your porch. You can simply install this porch flooring by using a rubber mallet or simply stepping on the seams until you hear a click. Just make sure to clean and level the area before installing.
- Excellent resistance to rot and decay
- Comes in 20 pieces and edges measure 12 inches by 12 inches
- 100% solid acacia
- Easy installation
- Versatile installation options
- May need standard decking care and re-staining
Breathe new life into your porch flooring with the RevTime Interlocked Outdoor Rubber Tiles. With this high-density rubber porch flooring, you’ll be ensuring the safety and comfort of your family and guests. Its texture looks like real terra cotta yet at a lower price. It’s also so durable that you can even leave this porch flooring during the winter and summer season with no maintenance at all.
- Reduces noise
- Great elasticity and durable
- Comes in 4 pieces and measures 20 inches by 20 inches by 1 inch
- Made of high-density rubber material
- Soft to walk on
- No special cleaning needed
- Would be better if the pegs are not plastic
Porch flooring can dramatically affect the overall appearance of your porch. It allows you to enhance the existing personality of your house, it creates a comfy environment that invites your family and friends for a hearty conversation. With all the choices above, you will surely spice up your porch flooring in no time.