20 Best L-Shaped Desks For Carving A Workspace At Home
Published: September 23, 2021
These L-shaped desk options are the best for maximizing corner space and turning it into a fully functional workstation at home.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
An L-shaped desk can be a game-changer when it comes to your home office needs. This type of table can be a great way for you to utilize corner space and eventually help you achieve the highest productivity. But with all the structures and types of L-shaped desks in the market, finding the best fit for your needs can be a challenging task. To lessen the burden of the task at hand, here is a guide on why you should invest in an L-shaped desk and the options you have to make shopping painless.
Why choose an L-shaped desk
The number one reason why an L-shaped desk is a perfect table for your corner workstation needs is that it saves a lot of space. Normal tables can eat up a chunk of your floor area and only give you about a single work surface aspect. On the other hand, L-desks can instantly help you reorganize your home office since it offers you a suitable working area with enough capacity, drawers, and shelf space.
While it is also a necessity to designate a corner office at home as we are amid the pandemic, remote workers like you would assuredly benefit from using an L-shaped desk as it allows you to focus and get the job done.
For instance, having a computer, laptop, and printer together with other knickknacks can make an ordinary work table look cramped. But with an L-shaped computer desk, you get to have a designated place with an ergonomic feature for posture for you to stay productive and sane.
Factors to consider when buying an L-shaped desk
Whether you want it to be a multiple-purpose small corner desk for home or a well-appointed L-shaped desk with smart and space-saving features, identifying the factors first will determine a good match. With that, here are some of the necessary points to consider before purchasing an L-shaped desk for your home.
Quality material at its best can serve and last you years if taken with utmost care and attention. As you work your fingers to the bone, having at least an L-shaped desk worth your money would is a great investment.
Most L-shaped desks are made out of different types of materials in the market, but the common ones are laminate, wood, steel, and glass.
L-desks made out of laminate are common materials for home office tables. Aside from that, it is a great material if you want to minimize scratches, stains, and chipping, laminate desks offer affordability and practicality if you want to keep spending at bay. Best of all, you can choose from a variety of colors and prints to match your sense of style while working at home.
A wood L-shaped desk can bring an authentic feel of furniture to your corner space. To boot, not all wooden tables are the same. Some may last for generations yet others may require occasional polishing to keep it in mint condition. Now though wood L-desks would be a great material for your home office needs, this type of table often comes with a big price tag.
Steel would be the best option if you’re looking for strong material that is less than the price of wooden tables yet offers more durability than laminate desks. It’s also fireproof and waterproof, as well as not susceptible to humidity and varying temperatures, thus it can last for years with minimal care.
If you opt to choose something fancy, modern, and professional for your corner space, then a glass L-shaped desk is the one for you. This type of material is non-porous, therefore it is very easy to clean. It can also enhance the brightness of your corner workstation as it reflects any visible light in the area. Conversely, glass L-desks don’t offer much compartment space.
Storage under tables is a clever innovation to keep things in place or hidden in plain sight. You have the option to choose a table with multiple drawers or even purchase an L-shaped desk with a hutch to store your books, papers, and other accessories that would complete the overall look of your corner workstation.
Ease of assembly and maintenance
Work might already be eating a chunk of your time, so choosing a ready-to-assemble L-shaped desk for your workstation might save you more time than working your way out of a laborious and lengthy instruction manual. Other than that, you can opt to try a piece of low-maintenance furniture so that you’ll always be ready to hustle any time of the day.
Price often is the last hurrah when it comes to purchasing L-desks. It’s the determining factor whether you’ll seal the deal or not. Indeed, quality often is synonymous with price, but not always. Buying a cheap L-shaped desk might do the job but would be a waste of money if it’s only going to last for a few months. However, an L-shaped desk doesn’t always have to be expensive, so it’s best to allocate some time to research first what shops or stores offer the best deals for L-desks.
20 Best L-Shaped Desks For Your Home Office
L-shaped desks might be the type of desks you don’t know you earnestly needed. Talk about having full work mode on with no space for you to be creative and productive. Besides the fact that normal tables and tool carts cannot equate to the ergonomic design of L-desks, the latter does give far more room for storage and display.
If you’re really into looking for the perfect L-shaped computer desk for your home, these are the 20 best L-shaped desks suited for your home office needs.
An L-shaped desk with drawers like the Bush Furniture Cabot provides 60 inches of workspace thus making it the perfect computer corner desk for your home. Aside from the tons of storage it offers, this L-desk can also be an ideal table intended for a gaming corner desk as the additional smart features, like the USB hub and cubby that will help you keep every wire neat and organized.
- Can attach Cabot 60W hutch
- Has wire management and 4-Port USB hub
- Weighs 70 pounds and measures 59.45 inches by 59.45 inches by 30.16 inches
- Chrome finished-hardware
- Finished backside ideal for any placement
- Great for files due to its full-extension letter drawer
- Can be a little too bulky
- May scratch easily
Talk about adding a minimalistic piece to your workspace. The Earthsign L-shaped desk is a great addition to your computer corner desk if you want that airy, sleek appearance. It has a wide space to accommodate enough monitors if you’re up to multitasking, with adequate space for your printer, files, books, and other accessories.
- Has four removable shelves for versatility
- Great for monitor mount setup
- Weighs 73.85 pounds and measures 56.96 inches by 21.65 inches by 29.4 inches
- Metal stand and frame
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Sturdy but not bulky
- Would be great if the top board is made of steel
Furniture innovation has been a great asset in offices but is now making way to common households. With the Merax L-shaped rotating stand desk, this L-shaped computer desk can transform the way people work and adjust smoothly to any environment space with its rotating design. Other than that, you can shift from sitting and standing with its tables with different elevations. An absolute feature for those who want to stray from routinely sitting at work for a whole day.
- Has 2-level shelf features
- Has a 360-degree rotating desk (can be an L-desk, standing desk, or dual desk)
- Has 220-pound weight capacity
- Tabletop is an industrial wood-look veneer
- Can be placed anywhere at the house
- Sturdy and takes about 30 minutes to assemble
- Can be a little shaky since some legs has casters attached
- Difficult to hide cables
Whether you’re on the hunt for a computer corner desk or a gaming table for your PC, then this L-shaped desk with a hutch is an ideal choice for you. With its modern design, it fits any type of theme and interior design. Plus, it’s filled with space-saving features that let you store, keep, and display important documents and trinkets in its hutches and shelves placed ideally all around the table.
- Adjustable foot pads
- Comes with a hutch composed of tiny compartments
- Weighs 115.74 pounds
- Measures 68.9 inches by 47.2 inches by 55.1 inches
- Has metal leg frame
- Sturdy leg frame
- Has powder coating on the frame to prevent corrosion
- Can be difficult to assemble
- Comes in two separate packages
Another favorite from Tribesigns is this L-shaped computer desk with 10 storage shelves. Imagine all the possibilities of storage options in one L-desk—you can squeeze in your monitor and laptop keyboard as you please. And even a lamp on the work surface while still having more room to spare for your office supplies and accessories. Truly, you’ll be showered with an abundance of space for all your bits and pieces. Easily allows you to freely design the type of workspace you want for your corner station.
- Has a total of 10 shelves for storage
- Spacious work surface
- Measures 55.11 inches by 55.11 inches by 55.11 inches overall; bookcase width is 13.38 inches
- Simple and compact design
- Good looking, sturdy desk
- Metal mesh adds a unique design
- Setting this up can be a little challenging
Your work doesn’t need to be a pain in the neck, like literally, but when you can’t scrunch up multiple monitors on your desk for that ultimate productive session at work, you might as well buy this L-desk for your home. This L-shaped desk offers maximum comfort and space to accommodate up to three monitors, with enough room to spare for your beloved ornaments. This corner desk can also be turned into an art station with plenty of space for you and your art materials to get comfy.
- Comes with a wooden monitor stand
- With additional storage drawer
- Weighs 54 pounds
- Measures 67.1 inches by 47.3 inches by 29.5 inches
- Made of high-quality iron
- Easy to assemble
- Can accommodate two people at the same time
- Drawer would be great if not made with fabric
Sitting for hours every day can be numbing and unhealthy. But with this L-shaped desk, you might ditch the needed workout as you can sit and stand in various height positions while working from home. This type of desk promotes circulation on your legs and increases your energy throughout the day.
This elegant L-desk is also a wonderful stand-up desk with the perks from both. Aside from the all-around benefits, this is the perfect addition to your corner space if you are looking for an L-shaped desk with storage at home.
- Bookcase with adjustable shelves
- With lift-and-lock desktop feature offering three standing height positions
- Weighs 108 pounds
- Measures 48 inches by 52 inches by 30 inches
- Made of quality engineered wood
- Beautiful finish and easy to assemble
- Great table for health-conscious people
- Some metal parts are heavy
Wooden tables are a way to make your home feel organic and homey. Truly, wood is an elegant accent to add to your corner space if you want that classic piece of furniture to tie up the whole place. Aside from its taupe, wood-look finish, you get a variety of storage options for all your office supplies and accessories—thus enabling you to hide any clutter on your workstation and let you focus on your work.
- Finished on all sides
- Has adjustable shelves
- Weighs 161 pounds
- Measures 62.75 inches by 59 inches by 44.75 inches
- Capacity of 110 pounds
- Sophisticated, contemporary design
- Has plenty of storage space and sturdy
- Assembly process can take hours
- Would be great if it had a cable management compartment
We have to do what it takes to take care of our prized electronic devices/machines since they are the tools that make working at home possible and convenient. So, it is crucial to find the best computer desk to secure the safety of such devices. With this, the Fatorri L-shaped desk might be the perfect fit for you as you get the security and sturdiness of a table, paired with a stylish, modern take on furniture.
- Metal frame support enables great stability and weight capacity
- Has an adjustable shelf fit as a CPU tower stand
- Weighs 74.8 pounds
- Measures 59 inches by 55.12 inches by 30.12 inches
- Reversible design with a 59-inch wide tabletop
- Can hold up to 3 monitors and 2 laptops
- Sturdy, durable and doesn’t wobble
- Would be great if the wood top is solid
If you’re up to sophisticated L-desks with open space storage, then this should be on your priority list. This L-shaped computer desk speaks a lot about having a smart, sleek design while still fulfilling its duty of giving you comfort and space with its ergonomic design. Its open storages are also perfect to keep things accessible and within reach. Certainly, finding a small corner desk for a home can still be achieved with this L-desk and still keep it simple yet elegant.
- Reversible panels
- Desk with double shelves for extra storage
- Weighs 66.1 pounds
- Measures 68.9 inches by 53.15 inches by 29.53 inches
- Comes with adjustable leg pads and a CPU tower stand
- Has monitor mount hole for easy assembly
- Round corner design makes it ideal for home use
- Can take hours to build
Keeping it simple in your work area can mean less to no clutter or distractions at all. If you’re not the type of person who wants bulky storage and extra accessories below or above your work table, then you should buy this L-shaped desk for your corner workstation. Its X-shaped legs offer you enough support for a stable working area and adequate space for legroom. Plus, it can also be the perfect gaming table as it can cater to multiple screens all in one place.
- Reversible corner desk
- X-shaped legs for greater stability
- Weighs 61.6 pounds
- Measures 63.8 inches by 50 inches by 29.5 inches
- Comes with adjustable leg pads and a CPU tower stand
- Extremely easy to install
- Not wholly made of heavy metal
- Desk has limited depth
You can never go wrong with an L-shaped desk like the HOMCOM L-shaped computer desk. By simply adding this to your workspace, you can enjoy life with large desk space and an immersive quality thanks to its modern approach to work-from-home L-desks. It also has workable configuration options. It includes plenty of storage capacity to store your books and lamps. It also lends itself well to personalization with enough room for ornaments and whatnot. Its dark color also makes the room feel more contemporary with its sleek design that would be versatile enough to fit most aesthetics.
- Great for space-saving and very sturdy
- Can be a rectangular (180°), L-shaped (90°), or an overlapping desk
- Measures 55 inches by 47.25 inches by 30.75 inches
- With a 2-tier shelf and a bonus CPU tower stand
- Has elegant black finish and modern style
- Sturdy and functional
- Material is not solid wood
- Assembly can take hours
People Who Search For L-Shaped Desk Also Search For
We have to consider an in-office setup to prevent us from straining our necks due to working from home on the couch or any less-than-ideal place. But enjoying a capacious workspace doesn’t need to be space-consuming and you can achieve this with this rustic L-shaped desk that fits your home workstation needs. This ergonomic desk is a great table for your room thanks to its ergonomic outlook with a touch of industrial charm. It also provides you plenty of storage space intended for your printers and other peripherals. Truly, an all-in-one desk for your corner workspace.
- With 3-tier open shelves for easy access
- Has load capacity of 280 pounds
- Measures 59 inches by 20.9 inches by 29.7 inches
- Made of high-grade medium density fiberboard
- Excellent feature of adjustable leg pads for varying heights
- Sturdy and well designed
- Prone to minimal dents and scratches
Having a DIY office space at home can both be fulfilling yet tasking. The best benefit you can get is to have a design that you fancy. Take pleasure in choosing your layout and allow yourself a better environment whilst working from home. This L-desk can certainly fill your satisfaction. Defined by its clean lines, it brings about a modern chic design that blends perfectly in any style. Storage is also a great feature of this L-shaped desk as it is reversible and movable to accommodate you and your changing work schedule.
- Has movable shelves with 3 cable holes
- Can be a long desk fit for 2 people
- Weighs 72.8 pounds
- Measures 59.45 inches by 59.45 inches by 29.13 inches
- Made of high-grade medium density fiberboard
- Sturdy and spacious desk
- Assembly may take some time
Here comes another reversible desk for your home office needs. This L-shaped desk is lightweight yet can serve as an office desk, gaming desk, studying table, and more, thanks to its varying configurations. Its thickened X-shaped legs also offer ample support for your devices/machines, making it the ideal L-shaped desk for your workstation. Its corner panel is also detachable hence giving way to two separate tables if you’re not home alone. Plus, it also comes with a free moveable shelf for your speakers and other light stuff for display.
- Corner panel is detachable to make 2 separate desks
- Weighs 40 pounds
- Measures 57.9 inches by 18.9 inches by 29.5 inches
- Comes with a moveable shelf
- Sturdy and adjustable desk
- May take time to assemble
Looking for the perfect working partner at home? Defined by its streamlined structure, this L-shaped desk is good in providing plenty of workspace for computer work, gaming, writing, and other home office activities. Its black oak finish also brings a touch of modern minimalism with a beveled edge that creates a simple yet elegant atmosphere in the room. Hence, this is the perfect worktable for people who want to have a decent amount of surface area to make things accessible and transparent.
- With a beveled edge corner
- Has adjustable leg pads for balance and prevent floor scratches
- Weighs 42.7 pounds
- Measures 18.9 inches by 50.4 inches by 29.5 inches
- Powder-coated finish to minimize daily wear and tear
- Sturdy but still easy to move around
- Convenient footrest design
- Board is slightly slim
Hefty and fragile devices such as monitors, laptops, and others require sturdy and well-built working tables. An L-shaped desk may come in a variety of forms and uses, but this L-desk is loaded with work-from-home features. You can make use of your corner with this massive desk built with a long shelf, cubbies, and file extension drawers—some powerful storage to let all of your stuff within reach for easy access. With its neutral color, it’s also the perfect table if you’re looking for a warm and homey atmosphere and something that fits almost any color scheme you have.
- Has a full-extension file drawer slide
- Has grommet holes for wiring/cables
- Weighs 127 pounds
- Measures 59.06 inches by 58.74 inches by 29.25 inches
- Engineered-wood construction
- Damaged parts are replaceable
- Requires time to assemble
It’s easy to make a statement with your home office with this L-shaped computer desk from HOMCOM. You can go for an L-shaped desk or a straight one—whatever you need to accommodate your needs while working remotely. You can have different storage options ranging from a 2-tier shelf to store your office supplies and decor, a CPU tower stand, and a bookcase. This makes organizing your stuff painless while utilizing as much space as possible.
- With 360° working parts
- Desktop can support 66 pounds; each shelf can hold up to 33 pounds
- Weighs 64 pounds
- Measures 43.25 inches by 45.25 inches by 30 inches
- Glossy finish for strong corrosion resistance
- Flexible and sturdy
- May take time to figure assembly
Gray is said to be today’s trendiest neutral color. This elegant piece in a muted gray, cool undertone visibly shows a sense of style thus making it the perfect addition to your workspace if you’re going for that timeless and modern sophistication combined. Also, this L-shaped desk with a hutch makes it convenient for you to store valuables and other files within your view. Truthfully, this L-desk is ideal for creating a great working atmosphere and experience at home.
- Has five open storage shelves
- Open window space for bulletin boards on walls, etc.
- Weighs 71 pounds
- Measures 49.25 inches by 47.25 inches by 63 inches
- Has a laminated surface
- Beautiful muted-gray finish
- Weight limit is only 110 pounds
- Storage offers little space only
Office supplies have their spot on this L-shaped desk with storage. With clean lines fused with a rustic flair, this L-desk can snatch the attention of everyone inside your workstation. It has designated spaces for your lamps, small-scale tools, and even daily clipboards and blueprints. This surely makes you want to personalize your stuff and sort them according to their designated place while still giving you ample workspace to be productive and focused at work.
- Spacious tabletop with hutches
- Reversible design
- Weighs 66 pounds
- Measures 94.48 inches by 19.68 inches by 57 inches
- Metal frame for greater support with a 300-pound load capacity
- Easy to assemble
- Particleboard would be great if it can strongly hold screws
Carving a space for your work at home can be tasking, especially when you have a tiny house or no time at all to think about how you could turn an empty corner space into a fully functional workstation. Yet, maximizing your home office doesn’t require much thinking. With these L-shaped desks, you wouldn’t expect that this worthwhile investment would make working from home a breeze.