What To Put In A Living Room Corner
Modified: January 19, 2024
Looking for ideas on what to put in a living room corner? Check out our collection of articles to inspire your corner decor and create a cozy and stylish space.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
When it comes to designing and decorating a living room, every corner holds immense potential. These often-overlooked spaces can be transformed into cozy nooks, functional work areas, or stylish display areas. By making the most of your living room corners, you can maximize the use of your space and create a visually appealing and functional room.
However, deciding what to put in a living room corner can be a daunting task. With countless furniture and decor options available, it’s important to consider your needs, personal style, and the overall aesthetic of your space. Whether you want to create a reading retreat, a mini home office, or simply add a decorative touch to your room, there is a wide range of possibilities to explore.
In this article, we will discuss various considerations and furniture options for living room corners, helping you make informed decisions and turn those neglected corners into focal points of your room. From armchairs and accent chairs to corner fireplaces and artwork, we will explore different ideas to inspire your living room corner transformation.
- Transforming living room corners into functional and visually appealing spaces adds depth and character to your home, enhancing the overall aesthetic while maximizing space utilization.
- From cozy reading nooks to elegant corner fireplaces, embracing creativity and thoughtful furniture selection can turn overlooked corners into cherished focal points of design and functionality.
Considerations for Living Room Corners
Before diving into the options for furnishing your living room corners, it’s important to consider a few key factors that will guide your decision-making process. These considerations will help you create a cohesive and functional living space:
- Functionality: Determine how you want to use the corner space. Do you need a quiet reading area, a workspace, or simply a decorative display? Understanding the purpose will help you choose the right furniture and decor elements.
- Size and Scale: Measure the dimensions of your corner area to ensure that the furniture or decor you choose fits appropriately. Oversized pieces can overwhelm the space, while small pieces may look out of place.
- Style and Aesthetic: Consider the overall style and aesthetic of your living room. Do you prefer a modern, minimalist look or a cozy, eclectic vibe? Ensure that the furniture and decor for your corner complement the existing decor and flow seamlessly with the rest of the room.
- Comfort: If you plan on using the corner for relaxation or reading, prioritize comfort. Look for plush seating options with soft cushions or consider adding throw pillows for extra coziness.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting is essential in any corner space. Consider the natural light available in the corner and supplement it with floor lamps or wall sconces to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Storage: Evaluate your storage needs. If space is limited in your living room, consider furniture options that offer additional storage, such as ottomans with hidden compartments or shelving units with integrated drawers.
- Budget: Determine your budget before making any purchases. Decide how much you are willing to invest in furnishing your living room corners and prioritize your spending on items that offer both functionality and aesthetic appeal.
By keeping these considerations in mind, you can make mindful choices and create living room corners that are not only visually pleasing but also serve a practical purpose in your daily life.
Furniture Options for Living Room Corners
Now that we’ve explored the considerations for living room corners, let’s delve into the exciting part: the furniture options that can transform these corners into functional and stylish spaces. From seating options to storage solutions, here are twelve ideas to inspire your living room corner makeover:
- Armchairs and Accent Chairs: Placing a cozy armchair or an eye-catching accent chair in the corner can create a cozy reading nook or provide extra seating for guests. Opt for chairs that match your overall decor style and consider adding a small side table or a floor lamp to complete the look.
- Floor Lamps and Reading Nooks: If you love curling up with a good book, consider adding a floor lamp and a comfortable chair to create a dedicated reading nook in the corner. Choose a lamp with adjustable lighting to create the perfect ambiance for reading.
- Plant Stands and Greenery: Bring the outdoors in by utilizing the corner space for displaying indoor plants. Invest in a stylish plant stand or shelf and select plants that thrive in low-light conditions. Not only will this add a touch of greenery to your living room, but it will also improve air quality.
- Shelving Units and Bookcases: Maximize storage and display space by installing a corner shelving unit or bookcase. This is an excellent option for showcasing your favorite books, decorative items, or cherished collectibles. Consider floating shelves for a modern look or a traditional bookcase for a timeless appeal.
- Corner Desks and Home Office Setup: If you work from home or need a designated space for studying or hobbies, consider placing a corner desk in the living room corner. This will allow you to utilize the space efficiently while keeping your work area separate from the rest of the room.
- Corner TV Stands and Entertainment Centers: If you have a television in your living room, a corner TV stand or entertainment center can be a great space-saving solution. This will help you make use of the awkward corner space while keeping your entertainment area organized.
- Ottoman and Storage Solutions: Add a multipurpose ottoman to your living room corner that doubles as a footrest and storage solution. Choose an ottoman with a hinged lid to provide hidden storage for blankets, pillows, or other small items.
- Cozy Corner Seating with Cushions and Pillows: Create a cozy seating arrangement in the corner by adding floor cushions, bean bags, or large pillows. This informal and relaxed seating option is perfect for casual gatherings, game nights, or simply lounging around.
- Decorative Screens and Room Dividers: Add privacy and create a visual separation between different areas of your living room by incorporating a decorative screen or room divider. This can not only add a touch of elegance but also create an illusion of extra space.
- Corner Fireplaces and Mantels: If you want to add a warm and inviting atmosphere to your living room, consider installing a corner fireplace or mantel. This can become the focal point of the room while providing cozy ambiance during colder months.
- Artwork and Wall Decor: Don’t neglect the power of wall decor. Hang a piece of artwork, a gallery wall, or a decorative mirror in the corner to add visual interest and elevate the overall aesthetic of your living room.
- Corner Cabinets and Curio Display Units: Showcase your favorite decorative pieces or collectibles with a corner cabinet or curio display unit. This furniture piece not only offers storage and display space but also adds a sophisticated touch to your living room.
With these furniture options, you can transform your living room corners into functional, stylish, and personalized spaces that enhance the overall look and feel of your living room. Remember to consider your specific needs, preferences, and the available space while incorporating these furniture pieces into your design.
Armchairs and Accent Chairs
One of the most popular furniture options for living room corners is the addition of armchairs or accent chairs. Not only do they provide stylish seating, but they also make the corner space cozy and inviting.
When choosing armchairs or accent chairs for your living room corner, consider the following:
- Style: Select a chair that complements the overall style and aesthetic of your living room. Whether you prefer a modern, traditional, or eclectic look, there are countless chair designs available to suit your taste.
- Comfort: Opt for chairs that prioritize comfort. Look for padded seats and backrests, as well as comfortable armrests. Consider the size and cushioning to ensure a comfortable seating experience.
- Color and Upholstery: Choose a chair color and upholstery that either complements or contrasts with the existing furniture and decor in your living room. This will contribute to the overall visual appeal of the space.
- Size and Scale: Consider the dimensions of your living room corner and choose an armchair or accent chair that fits well. Be mindful of the scale to ensure the chair doesn’t overpower the space or look too small in comparison.
- Add-ons: Enhance the functionality of your armchair or accent chair by adding extras. Consider adding a small side table for placing a book or a cup of tea, or incorporate a floor lamp for reading purposes.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect armchair or accent chair, position it in the corner to create an intimate seating area. Arrange it at a slight angle, which can help visually break up the room and create a more interesting composition. You can place a small side table next to the chair for added convenience, providing a surface to place essentials within reach.
In addition, you can use pillows and throws to add personality and comfort to the chair. Choose cushions and blankets in colors and patterns that coordinate with your living room’s color scheme and style. Not only do they create a cozy atmosphere, but they also allow you to customize the chair’s look to match your personal style.
An armchair or accent chair in your living room corner not only provides additional seating but also serves as a decorative piece that adds character to the space. Whether you want a cozy reading nook or a stylish spot for relaxation, armchairs and accent chairs are versatile and functional furniture options for your living room corner.
Floor Lamps and Reading Nooks
Creating a dedicated reading nook in your living room corner can be a delightful way to utilize the space while indulging in your favorite books. Floor lamps play a crucial role in providing adequate lighting for reading, making them an essential addition to any reading nook.
Here are some key considerations when incorporating floor lamps and creating a cozy reading nook:
- Placement: Position the floor lamp in the corner, near the armchair or seating area, allowing the light to focus directly on the reading material. This ensures that the area is well-lit without casting shadows.
- Adjustable Lighting: Choose a floor lamp with adjustable lighting options, such as dimmer switches or multiple light settings. This allows you to control the brightness and ambiance of the reading nook according to your preference or the time of day.
- Style: Consider the design and style of the floor lamp to ensure it complements your living room decor. Whether you prefer a sleek modern lamp or a vintage-inspired piece, there are various styles available to suit your aesthetic.
- Height and Reach: Check the height and reach of the floor lamp to ensure it provides ample light to the reading area. Adjustable or swing-arm floor lamps offer flexibility, allowing you to position the light exactly where you need it.
- Reading Nook Comfort: Create a comfortable and inviting reading nook by pairing the floor lamp with a cozy armchair or accent chair. Add soft cushions, a warm throw blanket, and a small side table to complete the nook. Consider incorporating a bookshelf or wall-mounted bookcase nearby for easy access to your favorite reading materials.
When designing your reading nook, keep in mind the atmosphere you want to create. Soft, warm lighting from the floor lamp can contribute to a cozy and relaxing ambiance. Consider adding curtains or blinds to the corner window to reduce glare and create a more intimate space.
In addition to providing practical lighting, floor lamps can also serve as stylish decor elements. Choose a lamp with an interesting base or a unique shade to add visual interest to the corner. This will not only serve its purpose but also enhance the overall aesthetic of your living room.
With a carefully positioned floor lamp and a cozy seating arrangement, you can create a comfortable and inviting reading nook in your living room corner. It becomes a perfect retreat for solitude, relaxation, and escaping into the world of books.
Read more: What To Put On Shelves In Living Room
Plant Stands and Greenery
Bringing nature into your living room corner can add a refreshing and vibrant touch to your space. Plant stands and greenery are excellent options for filling up and beautifying those often neglected corners of your living room.
Consider the following when incorporating plant stands and greenery in your living room:
- Plant Selection: Choose plants that thrive in low-light conditions, as corners are often not exposed to direct sunlight. Spider plants, pothos, snake plants, or peace lilies are great options for low-light environments. Research the care requirements of the plants and ensure they are suitable for your living room.
- Plant Stands: Invest in stylish plant stands or shelves that fit your living room’s aesthetic. Choose stands with varying heights to add visual interest and create depth. Consider materials like wood, metal, or rattan to complement your existing decor.
- Grouping and Arrangement: Arrange your plant stands to create a visually appealing corner display. Vary the heights, sizes, and types of plants to add texture and dimension. Place taller plants towards the back and shorter plants towards the front for a layered effect.
- Decorative Elements: Enhance your plant corner by incorporating decorative elements such as pebbles, small sculptures, or decorative pots. This can further elevate the visual appeal and tie in with your living room’s overall decor theme.
- Care and Maintenance: Take the time to understand the specific care requirements of each plant and ensure you provide the necessary attention and care. Regularly water, fertilize, and trim the plants to keep them healthy and thriving.
Having greenery in your living room not only adds a touch of nature but also enhances air quality and creates a calming atmosphere. The plants can help soften the corners, break up the sharp angles, and add a sense of life and vibrancy to the space.
Consider incorporating a variety of plants with different textures, leaf shapes, and sizes for an interesting and visually appealing display. Use plant stands of varying heights to create visual depth and balance. You can also mix in trailing plants that cascade down the sides of the stands, adding a dynamic element to the corner.
Remember to adjust the watering and care routine based on the specific needs of your plants, making sure they receive adequate light and nourishment. With proper care, your living room corner can become a mini indoor garden, bringing a refreshing and natural element to your living space.
Shelving Units and Bookcases
If you’re looking for functional and stylish ways to utilize your living room corner, consider incorporating shelving units or bookcases. These furniture pieces not only provide storage space but also serve as decorative displays for books, decor items, and cherished collectibles.
Here are some key points to consider when adding shelving units or bookcases to your living room corner:
- Size and Style: Choose shelving units or bookcases that fit the size of your corner and align with your living room’s style. Opt for units that have a visually appealing design and complement the overall aesthetic of your space.
- Materials and Finishes: Consider the material and finish of the shelving unit or bookcase to ensure it matches your existing furniture. Common options include wood, metal, or combination materials. You can select a finish that blends in or creates a contrasting element to make the corner stand out.
- Adjustable Shelves: Look for shelving units or bookcases with adjustable shelves. This allows you to customize the spacing and height between shelves, accommodating items of different sizes and creating a more versatile storage solution.
- Organization and Display: Use the shelves to showcase your favorite books, decorative items, and personal mementos. Arrange them in an aesthetically pleasing manner, mixing vertical and horizontal orientations for a visually pleasing display.
- Decorative Storage Containers: Incorporate decorative storage containers, baskets, or boxes to declutter and keep smaller items organized. This adds a functional and stylish touch to your living room corner while hiding away any clutter.
When arranging items on the shelves, consider creating balance and visual interest. Mix books with decorative items like vases, sculptures, or framed photos. Consider incorporating plants or small potted succulents to add a natural touch. Play with different heights and textures to create an eye-catching display.
Shelving units and bookcases in living room corners not only provide practical storage solutions but also offer opportunities for personal expression and creativity. They can become a showcase for your favorite books, collectibles, and artwork, adding personality and charm to your living space.
Remember to regularly dust and organize the shelves to maintain a tidy and visually appealing corner. With the right shelving unit or bookcase, you can transform your living room corner into a functional and visually appealing display area.
Corner Desks and Home Office Setup
If you’re in need of a dedicated workspace or a home office area, utilizing your living room corner for a corner desk can be a smart and space-saving solution. Corner desks not only maximize the use of the corner but also provide a functional and organized setup for work or study.
Consider the following when incorporating a corner desk and setting up a home office in your living room:
- Size and Configuration: Choose a corner desk that fits the dimensions of your living room corner. Consider the available space and determine the size and configuration that will meet your specific needs. L-shaped or triangular desks are often popular choices for corner setups.
- Storage Space: Look for corner desks that provide storage space such as built-in drawers, shelves, or cabinets. This will help you keep your workspace organized and free of clutter. Consider adding decorative storage containers or desk organizers to maximize the use of storage space.
- Ergonomics: Prioritize ergonomics in your home office setup. Ensure that the desk height is appropriate for your comfort and invest in an adjustable chair that promotes good posture. Position your computer monitor at eye level and have proper lighting to reduce eyestrain.
- Organizational Tools: Incorporate organizational tools such as a desk calendar, file holders, and pen holders to keep your workspace tidy and efficient. Use cable management solutions to keep cords and wires organized and out of the way.
- Personalization: Add personal touches to your home office corner to make it a welcoming and inspiring space. Decorate the walls with motivational quotes or artwork that resonates with you. Include plants or small decorative items that bring you joy and reflect your personality.
When setting up your corner desk, position it in a way that takes advantage of natural light, if possible. Place your desk near a window to benefit from natural daylight, as it can improve productivity and create a more pleasant working environment.
Additionally, consider adding task lighting, such as a desk lamp, to ensure proper illumination for your work area. This will help reduce eye strain and create a focused and productive atmosphere.
By creating a dedicated home office in your living room corner, you can maintain work-life balance while utilizing the available space efficiently. Your corner desk will serve as a functional and organized workspace, allowing you to be productive and focused in the comfort of your own home.
Consider adding a cozy reading nook with a comfortable chair, a small side table, and a floor lamp. This creates a functional and inviting space in the living room corner.
Corner TV Stands and Entertainment Centers
If you have a television in your living room, utilizing a corner TV stand or entertainment center is an excellent way to make the most of your living room corner while creating an organized and functional entertainment area.
Consider the following when incorporating a corner TV stand or entertainment center:
- Size and Configuration: Measure the dimensions of your television and the corner space to ensure that the TV stand or entertainment center fits appropriately. Consider the number of shelves or compartments needed to accommodate your media devices, gaming consoles, or other entertainment essentials.
- Design and Style: Choose a TV stand or entertainment center that complements your living room decor and reflects your personal style. You can opt for a sleek and modern design, a rustic wooden stand, or a more traditional and elegant piece.
- Storage Space: Look for TV stands or entertainment centers that offer ample storage space. This will help keep your living room organized by providing designated areas to store media accessories, DVDs, remote controls, and other entertainment-related items.
- Cable Management: Opt for a TV stand or entertainment center that has built-in cable management features. This will help minimize the visibility of cables and cords, keeping your living room corner looking neat and clutter-free.
- Accessibility and Viewing Angle: Ensure that the TV stand or entertainment center allows for optimal viewing comfort. Consider the viewing angle from different seating positions in the room and adjust the placement of the television accordingly.
When arranging your television and media devices on the TV stand or entertainment center, keep in mind the placement of speakers, soundbars, and other audio equipment for an immersive entertainment experience.
You can further enhance the functionality and visual appeal of your corner TV stand or entertainment center by decorating the surrounding area. Consider adding decorative items like framed artwork, plants, or decorative baskets to create a cohesive and stylish look.
With a properly situated corner TV stand or entertainment center, you can make your living room corner an entertainment hub for enjoying movies, shows, or gaming. This arrangement maximizes the use of space while creating a designated area for relaxation and entertainment.
Read more: What To Put In Baskets At Living Room
Ottoman and Storage Solutions
Adding an ottoman to your living room corner not only creates a comfortable seating option but also offers a versatile storage solution. Ottomans with built-in storage compartments provide a practical way to declutter and maximize the use of your living room corner.
Consider the following when incorporating an ottoman and storage solution in your living room corner:
- Design and Style: Choose an ottoman that complements your living room decor and fits your personal style. Whether you prefer a sleek and modern design or a more traditional and decorative piece, there are various options available to suit your preferences.
- Size and Shape: Consider the available space in your living room corner and choose an ottoman with an appropriate size and shape. Ottomans come in different dimensions and shapes, such as square, rectangular, or round, allowing you to select one that fits the corner without overwhelming the space.
- Storage Capacity: Look for ottomans with ample storage capacity. Some ottomans have hinged tops that open to reveal a spacious compartment, while others may feature removable trays or built-in pockets for organizing smaller items.
- Functionality: In addition to storage, ottomans can serve multiple purposes. They can be used as extra seating when needed or as a convenient footrest for relaxation. Consider selecting an ottoman that offers versatility in its functionality.
- Upholstery and Comfort: Choose an ottoman with comfortable padding and upholstery that is pleasing to the touch. Consider fabrics that are easy to clean and maintain, especially if you have children or pets in your household.
Once you have incorporated an ottoman with storage in your living room corner, you can utilize it in various ways. Store blankets, pillows, board games, or other frequently used items inside the ottoman to keep your living room clutter-free and organized.
In addition to providing practical storage, ottomans can also serve as decorative pieces. Consider adding a decorative tray on the top of the ottoman to hold books, candles, or decorative accents. You can also incorporate throw pillows or a cozy blanket to enhance the visual appeal and create a comfortable seating area.
An ottoman with storage not only adds functionality to your living room corner but also offers a stylish and convenient way to keep your living space tidy. It is a versatile furniture piece that combines comfort, storage, and aesthetics all in one.
Cozy Corner Seating with Cushions and Pillows
Create a cozy and inviting ambiance in your living room corner by incorporating cushions and pillows. This simple addition can transform a neglected corner into a comfortable seating area for relaxation, informal gatherings, or casual lounging.
Consider the following when creating cozy corner seating with cushions and pillows:
- Cushion Selection: Choose cushions that are soft, plush, and comfortable to create an inviting seating area. Opt for cushions in varying sizes and shapes to add visual interest and texture. Select colors and patterns that complement your living room’s overall decor for a cohesive look.
- Pillow Pairings: Mix and match different pillow sizes and textures to add depth and variety to your seating area. Incorporate pillows with different patterns, designs, or materials, such as velvet or faux fur, to create a cozy and luxurious feel.
- Arrangement: Arrange the cushions and pillows in your corner seating area in a way that is aesthetically pleasing and comfortable. Consider layering different sizes of cushions for added comfort and style. Prop some pillows against the wall or armchair to create back support.
- Comfort and Support: Ensure that your cushions and pillows provide adequate comfort and support for extended periods of sitting. Fluff them regularly to maintain their shape and maximize their coziness.
- Throw Blankets: Enhance the cozy factor by adding throw blankets to your corner seating. Drape them over the armchair or arrange them over the cushions to provide warmth and comfort. Consider using blankets in contrasting colors or textures to add visual interest.
By incorporating cushions and pillows, you can create a warm and inviting corner seating area that encourages relaxation and comfort. This becomes a perfect spot for curling up with a book, enjoying a cup of tea, or simply unwinding after a long day.
Consider adding a side table or a small tray to your corner seating area to hold drinks, books, or other essentials within easy reach. This adds convenience and functionality to your cozy corner setup.
Remember to regularly fluff and rotate your cushions and pillows to maintain their shape and ensure optimal comfort. With the right blend of cushions, pillows, and throw blankets, you can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere in your living room corner.
Decorative Screens and Room Dividers
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance and functionality to your living room corner, consider incorporating decorative screens or room dividers. These versatile pieces not only provide privacy and visual separation but also serve as decorative focal points in your space.
Here are some key points to consider when adding decorative screens or room dividers to your living room corner:
- Style and Design: Select a decorative screen or room divider that complements your living room’s decor and reflects your personal style. There are various designs available, from traditional folding screens to contemporary geometric patterns, allowing you to find one that fits your aesthetic.
- Size and Configuration: Measure the dimensions of your living room corner to ensure the screen or room divider fits appropriately. Consider whether you prefer a freestanding screen that can be easily moved or a fixed divider that stays in place.
- Material: Choose a material for your screen or room divider that aligns with your style and desired level of privacy. Options include wood, metal, glass, fabric, or even natural materials like bamboo or rattan.
- Placement: Position the screen or room divider in your living room corner to create visual separation and define the space. This can be especially useful if you want to create a dedicated area for relaxation, meditation, or a small workspace.
- Additional Functionality: Some decorative screens or room dividers come with integrated shelving or storage options. Consider whether you need the added functionality of shelves or hooks for displaying or organizing items.
Once you’ve chosen and placed your decorative screen or room divider, you can further enhance its impact by decorating the surrounding area. Add a cozy armchair, accent lighting, and decorative elements like plants or artwork to create a visually appealing and inviting corner.
By incorporating decorative screens or room dividers in your living room corner, you can establish separate zones while maintaining an open and spacious feel. The screen or divider becomes a beautiful and functional addition that adds depth and interest to your living room.
Remember to carefully position and secure the screen or room divider to ensure stability and safety. With the right choice and placement, decorative screens and room dividers can transform your living room corner into a stylish and versatile space.
Corner Fireplaces and Mantels
Introducing a corner fireplace and mantel into your living room corner can instantly add warmth and charm to your space. A corner fireplace creates a cozy atmosphere and serves as a focal point that enhances the overall aesthetic of your living room.
Consider the following when incorporating a corner fireplace and mantel:
- Design and Style: Choose a corner fireplace that complements the overall style of your living room. Whether you prefer a traditional, rustic, or modern design, there are various options available to match your aesthetic preferences.
- Size and Configuration: Measure the dimensions of your living room corner to ensure the fireplace fits appropriately. Consider whether you prefer a freestanding fireplace or a built-in unit. Keep in mind any clearance requirements for safety and ventilation.
- Mantel Design: Select a mantel that adds an extra decorative touch to your fireplace. Mantels are available in a variety of materials, such as wood, stone, or metal, and can be customized to match your living room’s decor. Use the mantel as a display surface for family photos, artwork, or decorative items.
- Functional or Electric Fireplace: Decide whether you want a functional fireplace that burns wood or gas or an electric fireplace that provides the look and feel of a real fire without the need for ventilation or maintenance. Consider the desired level of convenience and the availability of fuel sources in your living space.
- Arrangement: Position the corner fireplace and mantel in a way that maximizes its visual impact and integrates seamlessly into the overall room layout. Consider the best viewing angles and the placement of furniture to create a cozy seating arrangement around the fireplace.
Once your corner fireplace and mantel are in place, you can further enhance the ambiance by adding cozy seating, soft lighting, and decor elements that complement the fireplace’s style. Consider incorporating comfortable armchairs or a plush rug to create a welcoming and intimate corner.
During colder months, the corner fireplace becomes a gathering spot for family and friends, providing warmth and a cozy ambiance. It can also serve as a decorative element throughout the year, even when not in use.
Remember to follow all safety guidelines for installation and operation of the fireplace, and consider consulting with a professional for installation and maintenance to ensure the proper functioning and safety of your corner fireplace.
With the addition of a corner fireplace and mantel, your living room corner becomes a focal point that exudes comfort, style, and relaxation, making it a beloved gathering place for both intimate moments and social gatherings.
Read more: How To Fill Corner Of Living Room
Artwork and Wall Decor
Elevate the aesthetic appeal of your living room corner by incorporating artwork and wall decor. These elements add personality, visual interest, and a personal touch to your space, turning a neglected corner into a captivating focal point.
Consider the following when incorporating artwork and wall decor in your living room corner:
- Artwork Selection: Choose artwork that resonates with you and complements the overall style of your living room. Consider different mediums, such as paintings, prints, photographs, or mixed media, to add variety and texture.
- Placement and Arrangement: Determine the best placement and arrangement for your artwork. You can hang a single large piece as a statement in the corner or create a gallery wall by arranging multiple smaller pieces for a more dynamic display.
- Frames and Mounting: Select frames and mounting options that enhance the artwork and complement your living room decor. Choose frames in complementary colors or finishes that tie into the overall theme of your space.
- Size and Scale: Consider the size and scale of your artwork in relation to the corner space. A larger piece can create a bold statement, while smaller pieces can be grouped together for a more intricate display.
- Additional Wall Decor: Explore other wall decor options to complement the artwork, such as decorative mirrors, wall clocks, or hanging shelves. These additions can enhance the visual appeal of the corner and provide functionality at the same time.
When arranging your artwork, consider creating balance and focal points. Place larger pieces towards the back or center, and smaller or more intricate pieces towards the front or edges. Play with different heights, angles, and spacing between frames to create an engaging and visually appealing arrangement.
Additionally, you can incorporate accent lighting, such as wall sconces or picture lights, to highlight specific artworks and create a warm and inviting ambiance. This adds depth and visual interest to your living room corner.
By incorporating artwork and wall decor in your living room corner, you infuse your space with your personal style and create a visually captivating atmosphere. Artwork and wall decor have the power to evoke emotions, spark conversation, and make your living room corner a truly special and unique space.
Corner Cabinets and Curio Display Units
Add functionality and style to your living room corner with the incorporation of corner cabinets and curio display units. These furniture pieces not only maximize storage space but also showcase your favorite decor items, creating a visually appealing and organized corner.
Consider the following when incorporating corner cabinets and curio display units in your living room:
- Size and Configuration: Measure the dimensions of your living room corner to ensure that the cabinet or curio unit fits appropriately. Consider the available space and select a size and configuration that suits your storage and display needs.
- Material and Design: Choose a corner cabinet or curio display unit that complements the style of your living room decor. Options range from sleek and modern designs to more traditional or rustic pieces. Select a material and finish that aligns with your overall aesthetic.
- Shelving and Storage: Evaluate your storage requirements and choose a unit with the appropriate number of shelves, drawers, or compartments. Adjustable shelves offer flexibility for varying display items, allowing you to accommodate different sizes and heights of decor pieces.
- Lighting: Consider incorporating built-in lighting to highlight your displayed items. LED lights or spotlights can effectively highlight artwork, collectibles, or decorative pieces, adding a touch of elegance and drawing attention to the corner cabinet or curio unit.
- Display Items: Carefully select the items you want to showcase in your corner cabinet or curio display unit. Mix and match different types of decor, including artwork, sculptures, vases, or even cherished family heirlooms. Create an aesthetic composition by varying heights, textures, and colors of the displayed pieces.
When arranging the items in your corner cabinet or curio unit, consider creating visual interest. Place taller items towards the back and layer smaller pieces towards the front. Experiment with different arrangements to create a visually appealing and balanced display.
In addition to storage and display, corner cabinets and curio units can serve as decorative accents in your living room. Decorate the surrounding area with complementary elements, such as a comfortable chair, a decorative rug, or wall art, to create a cohesive and stylish corner space.
With the incorporation of corner cabinets or curio units, you can transform your living room corner into a functional and aesthetically pleasing area. The ability to showcase and store your favorite decor items elevates the overall look and feel of your living space.
Transforming your living room corner into a functional and visually appealing space adds depth, character, and functionality to your home. By considering the various furniture options and incorporating your personal style, you can create a corner that enhances the overall aesthetic of your living room while maximizing the use of space.
From armchairs and accent chairs to corner cabinets and curio display units, the possibilities for your living room corner are endless. Remember to consider the specific needs of your space, such as the available dimensions, desired functionality, and the overall style of your living room.
Whether you’re looking to create a cozy reading nook, a home office setup, or a decorative display area, take the time to select furniture and decor that align with your personal preferences and needs. This will make your living room corner a cherished spot in your home, where comfort, style, and functionality converge.
Furthermore, don’t forget the power of decorative elements and artwork in enhancing the ambiance and creating a cohesive look. Adding cushions, pillows, throw blankets, and decorative screens can add a touch of personalization and warmth to your corner.
In conclusion, transforming your living room corners can turn overlooked spaces into focal points of design and functionality. With careful consideration, furniture selection, and creative decoration, you can make the most of your living room corners and elevate the overall aesthetic and enjoyment of your living space.
So, don’t neglect those corners any longer. Embrace the opportunities they hold and unleash your creativity to create the perfect living room corner that speaks to your style and enriches your daily living experience.
Frequently Asked Questions about What To Put In A Living Room Corner
Was this page helpful?
At Storables.com, we guarantee accurate and reliable information. Our content, validated by Expert Board Contributors, is crafted following stringent Editorial Policies. We're committed to providing you with well-researched, expert-backed insights for all your informational needs.