10 Low-Water Microfiber Mops For Swift Cleaning
Published: January 4, 2022
Keep your floors squeaky clean with these microfiber mops. With these innovative cleaning tools, get to remove the dirt and grime on the floor in no time!
Taking the extra effort to mop regularly will not only keep the floors shiny and scratch-free but also prevent the accumulation of germs and bacteria. Contrary to popular belief, mopping is no easy task. Instead of removing the dirt and bacteria, you are unknowingly spreading them further if you scrub the floors using only a soaking wet cotton mop.
Try using a microfiber mop instead to prevent such floor cleaning mistakes. Keep on reading to find out why a microfiber mop is a much better choice in cleaning almost any floor type.
Microfiber Mop vs. Regular Cotton Mop: Which is Better?
The short answer is a microfiber mop. It is softer and more absorbent than traditional regular mops because microfiber is made up of synthetic fibers namely, polyester and polyamide (a.k.a nylon). Both have moisture-resistant properties, making microfiber mops highly absorbent. Moreover, these synthetic fibers are split up into very thin strands to create a positive electric charge. This attracts dust particles with negative electric charges. In simple terms, dirt and dust will easily cling into a microfiber mop.
Dirt isn’t the only thing you can remove with a microfiber mop — this mop attracts germs and bacteria too. This is all thanks to its split microfiber strands. With these mops, you won’t need to use any harsh chemicals to disinfect and clean the floors. This is good news to those sensitive to commercial cleaners with strong chemical smells. Plus, microfiber mops don’t require too much water, so they are great for cleaning hardwood floors as they won’t damage the seal of wood.
Meanwhile, regular cotton mops can also pick up dirt, but not as efficiently as microfiber mops. You still have to use a potent cleaning solution to remove stubborn dirt. Despite this, it’s better to use cotton mops when cleaning rough, uneven floors (ex. concrete) because they do not easily tear apart, unlike a microfiber alternative.
People Who Search For Microfiber Mop Also Search For
Must-Have Microfiber Mops
Even though microfiber mops are efficient cleaning tools in general, not all of them are the same. Some have extra functional features to make cleaning easier and faster. Here are some of the microfiber mops that we recommend:
Let’s start with this simple Microfiber Cloth Mop from O-Cedar. It might not have advanced cleaning features, but since its mop head is made from ultra-absorbent microfiber cloth, this is great for cleaning spills. Another advantage of using this mop is that it doesn’t leave streaks. This is because the microfiber cloth picks up loose dirt or dust that can cause streaking.
- Soft, absorbent mop
- Adjustable telescopic handle
- Machine-washable microfiber mop
- 1 reusable refill mop head included
- Telescopic handle extends up to 56 inches
- Microfiber cloth traps dirt and dust
- Cleans the floors with just water or vinegar
- Reusable refill mop head lasts up to three months
- Quick wring bucket is sold separately
Repeatedly wringing a wet mop by hand is exhausting. You have to use all your strength to squeeze out the water from the mop. It’s a good thing that spin mops are now available in the market. They have built-in wringers, so you don’t have to use your hands to dry off the mop. Moreover, this turbo microfiber mop has a Splash Guard feature that prevents water from splattering on the floor. This makes cleaning faster and more efficient!
- 360-degree rotation
- Hands-free wringing
- Machine-washable mop head
- 3 reusable refill mops included
- Handle extends up to 48 inches
- Microfiber mop with a deep-cleaning action
- Rotatable triangle mop head
- No need to bend while cleaning because of the long, adjustable handle
- Mop bucket has no wheels
If you suffer from a bad backache every time you carry a mop bucket full of water, it’s time to consider a spin mop with wheels. This Microfiber Spin Mop from Favbal comes complete with a two-wheeled, pull handle bucket. Kiss the days of strenuous labor goodbye, as you drag the bucket around the floor as you mop. Furthermore, this turbo microfiber mop has a self-wringing system that allows you to dry the mop head without ever bending over.
- Self-wringing spin mop
- Durable, stainless steel
- Adjustable mop handle
- 6 reusable mop refills included
- Handle extends up to 61 inches
- 360-degree rotating microfiber mop
- Includes a 30-day return policy
- Mop head last up to 6 to 8 months
- No need to lift the bucket to drain the water
- Bucket is not made of durable plastic
There are many ways to keep floors sparkling clean. You can use detergent or a natural vinegar and water solution, together with a microfiber mop. Whichever cleaning solution you choose, you can easily get results with this Microfiber Mop from Rubbermaid. It has a trigger handle that allows you to directly spray the solution on the floor. As such, you’ll no longer need to slouch and bend over during cleaning! Just fill the refillable bottle with warm water and a cleaning solution to start mopping.
- Refillable bottle
- Multi-surface use
- Reusable and machine-washable mop
- 22-ounce refillable bottle
- Metal handle is 54 inches
- Package includes 1 commercial mop, 3 multi-surface mops, and 2 refillable bottles
- No batteries required
- Refillable mops can be reused up to 100 times
- Use the trigger handle to control the amount of cleaning solution
- High price tag
Is your utility closet already full? Save closet space with this Dry Wet Spray Mop from Domi-patrol. Instead of storing it in the closet, it can be mounted on a wall hook, thanks to the handle’s metal ring. This flat mop also comes with a multifunctional scraper. It has a serrated edge that is useful for removing hair and debris from the microfiber cloth.
- Washable cleaning pads
- Wall-mounted floor mop
- 360-degree swivel mop head
- Made of aluminum
- 635 ml refillable bottle
- Mop dimensions are 16.14 inches x 5.71 inches x 49.21 inches
- Space-saving microfiber mop
- Clean and mop floors with just one hand
- Raised edge fiber design makes it easier to clean gaps and corners
- Refillable bottle tends to leak
It’s nice to have a pet. You have a furry friend to play with and keep you from getting bored at home. The only downside is if your dog (or cat) sheds a lot. You have to vacuum the floors as often as possible to keep pet dander down. If a vacuum cleaner is too much of a hassle, consider using this Microfiber Mop instead. This mop’s primary function is to remove dirt, dust, and pet hair.
What’s more, this microfiber dust mop has an anti-pinch design! With this, your hands are less likely to get injured while installing the mop pad. It is also very easy to open, so changing the mop pad won’t be much of a hassle.
- Non-slip handle pad
- 360-degree rotating mop head
- Reusable microfiber mop pads
- Thick and durable steel pole handle
- Handle is made of aluminum
- Mop dimensions are 40 cm x 15 cm x 150 cm
- Package includes 4 pieces of reusable microfiber pads, 1 scraper, and 1 swivel mop
- Can be used both as a dust mop and wet mop
- Includes a 12-month money-back guarantee policy
- Keeps the mop pad in place with its Double Row Tooth click design
- Narrow mop head
Looking for a microfiber mop for hardwood floors? Check out this Professional Mop from MR. SIGA. It comes with a dual-action microfiber pad; the blue side of the pad is used for mopping, while the beige side is for waxing. Just like most flat mops, this one also has an adjustable pole handle. Plus, the handle has a double lock design to ensure that it won’t slide off while mopping.
- Dual-action microfiber cloth
- 360-degree swivel mop head
- Adjustable, double-lock mop handle
- Surface mop pad is 15 inches long and 5 inches wide
- Package includes 1 microfiber mop, 3 reusable microfiber cloths, and 1 scrubber
- Clip-on design prevents the microfiber pad from wobbling
- Reusable microfiber mop pads can be washed up to 100 times
- Aluminum base is wrapped with durable plastic to prevent floor scratches
- Removing and replacing the pad is difficult
Who doesn’t want to live in a large house? You get to display anything you want and you have the luxury to add lavish, antique furniture. However, having a huge house also means more areas to clean. You will need a large mop to keep the floors squeaky clean. Fortunately, many large surface mops are readily available online. For example, this Microfiber Mop from Masthome. It’s bigger than regular mops because the mop pad is 39.5 centimeters long and 21 centimeters wide.
- Swivel mop head
- Large surface mop
- Reusable microfiber mop pads
- Mop handle extends up to 47.2 inches
- Package includes 1 mop handle, 1 mop frame, 5 mop pads, and 1 scraper comb
- Cleaning corners is easy with the swivel mop head
- Built-in soft sponge pad helps prevent floor scratches
- Comes with a free scraper comb to remove hair and pet fur
- Pole handle is not very durable
Wet mopping is recommended if you want to keep your floors germ-free. However, this method is exhausting and time-consuming. You have to squeeze out the excess from the water mop head first before you begin scrubbing to prevent streaks. Plus, leaving the floors soaked with water can damage the seal on hardwood and laminate floors.
Make floor mopping easier with this Flat Floor Mop from oshang! It has a washing groove that allows you to easily dry off the floor mop. It also features a Splash Guard to prevent drenched floors.
- Splash guard
- Large mop head
- Hands-free washing
- 13-inch mop head
- 0.8-inch splash guard
- Steel handle extends up to 61 inches long
- Includes a 1-year warranty
- Cleans a larger surface area
- Versatile cleaner that can also be used to clean glass windows and other hard surfaces
- No separate water bin to catch dirty water
Mopping the floors will be much easier with this Flat Microfiber Mop from Top Tier. It has a three-chamber design that separates clean water from dirty water. Now, you don’t have to frequently change the water in the bucket chamber while mopping.
Cleaning the dirty mop is simple: just twist the knob on top of the bucket to allow the clean water to pour into the middle chamber. Next, insert the mop in the washing groove to wring out the dirty water. After that, you may continue mopping.
- Built-in drain plug
- Anti-tip square base design
- 360-degree swivel mop head
- Overall product dimensions are 7.7 inches x 7.7 inches x 14.2 inches
- Package includes 1 floor mop, 1 mop bucket, and 3 reusable microfiber pads
- Lifetime replacement policy
- Built-in teeth on the washing chamber help remove pet hair
- Mop head has easy-to-release tabs
- Mop bucket is quite small
Keep Your Floors Clean with Microfiber Mops!
Mopping may seem like a boring and exhausting chore. You have to scrub the floors in a repeated back-and-forth motion until the dirt and grime are gone. With a regular cotton mop, cleaning the floors can take half an hour or more. But with microfiber mops, this time can easily be reduced to a couple of minutes! The microfiber cloth acts like a powerful dirt magnet, so this mop is great for cleaning kitchen floors and other high-traffic areas in the house.