Home>Storage Ideas>12 Best File Storage Boxes (2022 Edition)
12 Best File Storage Boxes (2022 Edition)
Modified: February 7, 2023
Instantly reduce clutter with these incredible file storage boxes. Organizing and transporting your files has never been easier!
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Can’t find the document you need in that mess you call a desk? There are two things you can do. The first, is to sort everything out, keep the important things, and throw out the rest. The second and most important, is to invest in multiple file boxes.
A file storage box is a great solution for work desks that are cluttered with paper, brochures, pamphlets, and the likes.
Top 12 File Storage Boxes You Can Buy
Given below is a list of the 12 best file storage boxes you should definitely consider buying. These file organizers are stylish, durable, and will protect your files and prevent them from going missing.
This file storage box is stackable, clear, and comes with a list of characteristics that make this product efficient, safe, and easy to access and store. It’s made from durable plastic which makes it sturdy. Moreover, these plastic file boxes can easily fit legal and letter size files and folders. It is also lightweight, easy to assemble, and definitely provides value for its price. The lid of the box is airtight which makes it moisture resistant, dust-proof, and weatherproof.
- Stackable plastic file storage box
- 18.13 inches x 14.13 inches x 10.75 inches
- See-through material
- Moisture resistant, dust-proof, and weatherproof
- May crack easily
Portable, stylish, and flexible, the only flaw of this box is that it does not come with a lid. Nevertheless, keeping contents safe is not an issue due to its firm grip and six tabs to keep your letter-sized files organized inside.
- All-in-one filing system
- 9.5 inches x 12.2 inches x 6 inches
- Comes with 5 letter-sized hanging folders, clear tabs & inserts
- Sturdy plastic construction
- Monochromatic appearance
- No lid
This filing box is made out of linen and is capable of storing both legal-and letter-size folders and files. It comes with five plastic tabs and five hanging organizers to keep your files neatly within the box. Its stackability and collapsibility are its other great points.
- Linen file storage box
- 16.1 inches x 13 inches x 9.8 inches
- Sturdy metal handles for easy lifting
- Durable construction
- Lid may not fit box properly
- Material is prone to tears
You can maximize your office storage with the help of these aesthetic black plastic boxes. They can easily organize your letter- and/or legal-size folders and files while keeping them secure with their snap-tight lid. They are sturdy, easy to use, lightweight, stackable, and portable.
- Letter and legal size plastic storage bin
- 18.08 inches x 14.26 inches x 10.82 inches
- Emits foul odor
- Flimsy lid
Available in small and medium sizes, this storage filing box is sold in packs of 10. You can easily assemble cardboard file boxes like these without taping them up. The box is reusable and can be easily dismantled or reassembled. As the box is secured with a lid, you can conveniently carry it around without worrying about its contents spilling out.
- Tape-free classic storage boxes
- Cardboard material
- 19 inches x 15.5 inches x 14.5 inches
- Easy set-up
- Durable handles
- May damage with too much weight
- May arrive defective
These metal chest boxes with locks are ideal for storing important and confidential files. Sturdy and attractive, most of these document organizers come with a single-combination or double-combination lock. This is a great feature to use when storing important documents. These boxes may look heavy, but they are actually easy to carry. Moreover, they also come with rubber feet to prevent skid marks on your floor or carpet.
- Portable file storage box with handle and wheels
- 15 inches x 14 inches x 17 inches
- Sturdy PVC frame
- Built-in metal rails
- Comes with side handles and a telescoping handle
- Smooth-gliding wheels
- Poorly designed
- Damages easily
If you are looking for something stylish yet effective then this is the product you should invest in. This type of file storage box is sturdy, and features a mesh material that will allow you to locate your file(s) instantly.
- Metal and mesh file storage box
- 15.25 inches x 13.25 inches x 10.25 inches
- Foldable for easy and convenient storage
- Comes with two metal rails for hanging
- Easy to carry handles
- Versatile use
- May bend easily
This file storage box sports a heavy-duty metal construction designed to secure your files. It is also stackable and collapsible, making it easy to store. Simply snap the sides of this box together for a ready-to-use file organizer.
- Quick-assemble file storage holder
- 1.75 inches x 16.5 inches x 13.25 inches
- Steel reinforced edges
- Sturdy, leather-like laminate sides
- Convenient chrome handles
- Lid may be too big for the box
These cardboard file storage boxes usually come with a lid which is ideal as it prevents the contents from scattering all over the floor upon dropping. They come in both a monochrome style and with colorful patterns. But most importantly, they are sturdy enough to safely hold all of your important files.
- Recyclable file storage box
- Cardboard material
- 16.25 inches x 12.5 inches x 10.5 inches
- Moderate stacking capability
- Double wall construction
- Amateur trimming, boxes may not fit with lids
These document organizers may appear to be hand-woven, but are actually made from polypropylene and alloy steel with a stylish salt-and-pepper finish. You may purchase these file storage boxes in sets of one large basket and two small ones.
- Set of 3 file storage boxes
- Polypropylene and alloy steel material
- 12.5 inches x 17.5 inches x 7 inches
- Double woven fabric
- Sturdy construction
- Will not fit letter-sized folders
Made from 10% recycled materials and 10% post-consumer material, this product is perfect for office storage as it comes complete with clear plastic tabs and replaceable white inserts for easy accessibility. It is also incredibly space-efficient as this holder can be hung and can store up to 25 letter-sized folders at once.
- 25-pack hanging organizer
- 9.25 inches x 11.75 inches
- 1/5-cut slots with clear tabs
- Coated hanging rod tips
- Each invidual compartment may be too thin
- May emit foul odor
The Pendaflex portable file box is designed to be the perfect file system for on the go organization. It features a hinged lid with double latches and file rails which hold up to 22 folders, alongside 3 hanging files, tabs and inserts. What’s more, this box includes a built-in handle and double latch closure to keep your documents secure.
- Portable file box
- Plastic material
- 11.13 inches x 14 inches x 11 inches
- Hinged lid with double latches
- Built-in handle
- 3 black reinforced hanging folders with tabs and inserts
- Water resistant polypropylene exterior
- Latch closures damage easily
Why Are File Storage Boxes a Necessity?
You are already worried about that upcoming deadline and you’ve yet to prepare for a meeting with a VIP client, but you can’t even find the file you need amidst the clutter of your workspace. Isn’t that extremely stressful? A file storage box becomes a necessity to clean up your space and find the things you need without worry.
1. They Make Organizing Easy
By using a document organizer, you will always be aware of where your files and folders are. You’ll be able to access important documents without having to waste your time.
2. They Are Stackable & Easy to Store
As its name implies, the best part about stackable file boxes is that you can place them on top of one another to save plenty of office space.
3. They Make Your Office Space More #Aesthetic
With colors ranging the gamut from classy monochrome to pretty pastels, you will surely be able to find decorative file storage boxes that match the overall theme of your office space.
4. You Can Easily Label Them
To make your file boxes more organized, you can easily label them with the help of some tape and a marker.
5. They Are Affordable
File storage boxes are extremely affordable, especially if you buy them online. They are one of the most common types of storage, and online retailers usually have discount sales going on. Moreover, you can also find coupon codes for more discounts.
So, when are you getting yourself a new file storage box? Clean up all your clutter and be amazed by the new space you have with our file storage ideas. The best part is that you will always know where exactly your document/file is. If that’s not a dream come true, we don’t know what is.