11 Best Paddle Attachment for Mixer Sets for Your Kitchen
Modified: February 7, 2023
Looking to pick up a paddle attachment for your mixer? Let us walk you through the ins and outs of what they are and how they help in the kitchen!
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
A stand mixer is one of those kitchen staples that ooze nostalgia. Not only are they fantastic tools that make baking an easier, more accessible activity, but they also often find a place in people’s hearts from a young age. Some brands have made names for their mixers as heirloom products, lasting absolute decades in many cases. But, while the main body and the motor can stand the test of time, the attachments are the ones taking the brunt of the beatings, especially the popular paddle attachment.
What Is the Paddle Attachment for Mixer?
The paddle attachment, also known as a flat beater, is a stand mixer attachment used for mixing, creaming, and beating. Its frame is shaped like the titular paddle with a gap in the middle where the batter can pass through during the mixing process. Most of the time, there are also cross beams in this area to aid in mixing. As it spins, the paddle attachment churns mixtures between its middle spokes and against the sides of the bowl, incorporating the different ingredients together in a unique way.
Paddle Attachment for Mixer Uses
As expected, this clever mixer tool has many uses. The paddle attachment is best known for its ability to cream ingredients together. This ability to both smear and fold ingredients together is thanks to its unique shape that makes creaming butter, sugar, and other such ingredients a breeze. The attachment is also excellent at mixing and is great for cake batters and buttercream frostings alike. Finally, if you need an egg beaten into a mixture, it does the job just as well as any other attachment.
Best Paddle Attachment for Mixer Sets
Now that you know what a paddle attachment for mixer is and what it’s meant to do, you may want to pick one up for yourself. Perhaps you’re getting into baking for the first time or you need a replacement for an old reliable flat beater. Either way, we’ve got you covered with a list of our favorites from Amazon.
The Polished Stainless Steel Flat Beater from Geesta is an excellent choice for any kitchen stand mixer. Its classic metal gleam comes from the heavy-duty stainless steel used in its construction. With a symmetrical, stable design, this flat beater attachment is sure to serve you well.
- Handmade and heavy-duty
- Made with high-standard stainless steel
- Symmetrical, stable design
- 6.1 inches x 5.5 inches
- Installs and removes easily
- Easy to clean
- Stainless steel material is high-quality
- Material is a little heavy
If you’re tired of scraping down the sides of your bowl every five minutes, it might be worth looking into the Original Beater Blade from New Metro. Made with high-impact plastic, this particular model puts less strain on your motor and is an absolute time-saver with its sleek edges.
- High-impact plastic material
- Can act as a spatula
- 7.63 inches x 6.13 inches x 1.5 inches
- Good value for the price
- Cuts down prep time
- Scrapes the sides of the bowl while mixing
- May not fit certain mixers without adjustment
A sturdy but flexible choice for your stand mixer might be the Flex Edge Paddle Attachment for Mixer from Ne-totoro. The metal on this flat beater is coated, making it both nonstick and dishwasher-safe. With a scraper on one side to clear up the sides of the bowl, it’s hard to go wrong with this pick.
- Crafted out of coated metal
- Features a flexible sweeper
- Package dimensions: 6.14 inches x 5.87 inches x 1.65 inches
- Is a sturdy piece of equipment
- Affordable but of good quality
- Wipes the side of the bowl while mixing
- May not reach the top of some bowls
For more bowl coverage, you may want to pick up the Flexible Edge Beater from HOZODO. This heavy-duty attachment ensures even mixing by having scrapers on both sides of its design. Its thick silicone edge is also excellent at keeping up with chunkier batters.
- Non-stick coated aluminum construction
- Silicone flex edge
- Made to be heavy-duty
- 1.4 inches x 6.2 inches x 6.1 inches
- Ensures even mixing
- Efficient tool
- May not suit larger bowls
The Scraper-Equipped Paddle Attachment for Mixer from Calovebby may look a little funky at first, but for good reason. This small offset helps prevent some ingredients from sticking to the bottom of the bowl. In the end, both the sides and the bottom of the bowl are kept clean enough with this mixer tool’s help.
- Reinforced and stabilized frame
- Made with food-safe, high-density plastic, silicone rim, and paint
- Package dimensions: 9.25 inches x 7.56 inches x 1.42 inches
- Cuts down on scraping time
- Prevents ingredients from getting stuck to the bottom of bowls
- Convenient design
- Plastic body may not be as durable as metal
The Flat Beater from Grete Gotye is made from coated aluminum that blends the sturdiness of metal with some of the lightness of plastic. This mixer tool is easy to clean and great for beating down light to heavy mixtures. It’s also kinder to your motor thanks to its reduced weight.
- Nylon-coated aluminum body
- Easy-to-clean and dishwasher-safe
- Designed for light to heavy mixtures
- 6.0 inches x 5.4 inches x 1.4 inches
- Works well
- Lighter than other beaters
- Good price
- Coating tends to chip
It’s always possible to miss a spot. That’s why the Single-Edge Paddle Attachment for Mixer Set from ONME comes with three extra scrapers. If the paddle attachment’s silicone edge fails to scrub a mixture clean off the side of the bowl, at least you have some backup.
- Food-grade coated aluminum frame
- Soft single-edge silicone scraper
- Includes 3 scrapers
- 6.5 inches x 6.0 inches
- Saves time on scraping
- Easy to clean
- Excellent quality for the price
- Doesn’t fully scrape the sides and bottom
The Efficient Flat Beater from Aooaid is a particularly artistic piece of kitchen equipment. This elegant paddle attachment is cast in high-quality, coated metal that’s also dishwasher-safe. Aesthetics certainly meets efficiency in this mixer attachment’s material and design.
- Cast with high-quality metal
- Coated for easier clean-up
- 7.08 inches x 6.41 inches x 1.37 inches
- Easy to keep clean
- Well-made and works well
- Looks nice
- A little loose on some machines
Amazon’s Flex Edge Beater seems to take simple and uncomplicated attachment to the next level. By getting rid of the middle spokes, the design of this paddle attachment for the mixer cuts a rather minimalist figure. This unique design also reduces the need to scrape down the paddle itself, saving both time and materials.
- Constructed with coated metal
- Flexible silicone edge
- 1.4 inches x 5.6 inches x 7.1 inches
- Metal is sturdy
- Scraper reduces mixing time
- No cross members in need of scraping down
- May cause strain on certain machine motors
There’s no doubt that the Sleek Paddle Attachment for Mixer from New Metro Design is a bit of a statement piece. This take on the classic scraper-edged flat beater will match a darker kitchen palette. It’s a bold choice for a bold kitchen.
- Snug fit to properly scrape the sides of bowls
- Powder-coated aluminum frame for thicker mixes and doughs
- Constructed to prevent food from getting stuck
- Package dimensions: 7.75 x 6.25 x 1.5 inches
- Mixes thoroughly
- High-quality construction
- Cuts down on the need to scrape the bowl’s sides
- May strain 6-quart mixers
The Mixer Attachments Set from AMI PARTS is great to build up your collection of attachments quickly. Maybe your new mixer only came with one attachment or you picked up an old reliable one from a garage sale, thrift store, or grandma’s garage. Either way, this set has you covered for most of your mixing needs.
- Set includes a paddle attachment, dough hook, and whisk
- Attachments are made with aluminum and stainless steel
- The hook and beater are coated in a long-lasting anti-stick nylon
- Paddle attachment: 5.9 inches x5.3 inches
- Dough hook: 5.5 inches x 3.8 inches
- Whisk: 5.7 inches x 4.5 inches
- Affordable price and great value
- Convenient single purchase for three essential mixer attachments
- Quality materials
- May not fit all mixer models listed
Paddle Attachment For Mixer: Factors to Consider
You may have noticed that there are a variety of paddle attachments out there for mixers. A number of factors need to be considered before purchase, including material, design, and of course compatibility with your mixer model.
Typically, paddle attachments are made with two types of material — metal and plastic. Plastic is definitely on the more affordable side and is much kinder to the stand mixer motors. However, metal is generally preferred since it tends to be sturdier and lasts longer than plastic.
Metal flat beaters can further be broken down into stainless steel and aluminum. A non-stick, dishwasher-safe coating is often applied to metal paddle attachments as well, both to protect the surface and make them easier to clean.
For their design, paddle attachment for mixer sets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Often, their size will directly correspond to the size of the bowl they’re intended to work with. Because of this, it’s important to double-check that the beater you’re buying is compatible with your mixer’s capacity and mixing bowl.
Other than this, you may see mixers with silicone or plastic edges on their sides. This is to help scrape down the sides of the bowl, saving you time and effort. Other than the scrapers though, the middle of the paddle attachment tends to vary based on the manufacturer. For smaller mixer attachments, the changes in connecting segments shouldn’t affect the final product too much. Just choose whichever design you find most appealing.
You need to know your mixer’s model number when hunting for a good paddle attachment. If your paddle and mixer don’t match up, then you may run the risk of ruining your beloved machine. At the very least, it’ll render your new attachment unusable.
Typically, you’ll be able to find the shortened version of your unit’s model number on its box. Many companies have lines of slightly different products with the same shortened model number, and these can often use the same peripherals. If you no longer have your box, try to check underneath your stand mixer’s base. A label with the word “MOD.” or “MODEL” can often be found somewhere on its body. This will show you the longer version of the model number, which you can then Google for reference.
If all else fails and you can’t find the model label anywhere, then you’ll need to do a little sleuthing. Searching up your model’s unique traits or posting about it on an online forum or social media group can do wonders.