Outdoor cushions are necessary and valuable, especially during summer when you want to relax with your friends outside. Who doesn’t love lounging about in the outdoors, feeling the breeze in the air while sipping a glass of red wine?
As essential as such cushions are to your #staycation, they need to be protected to last you many years. This has led to the production of heavy-duty, durable, and affordable storage for outdoor cushionsCheck Latest Price . It’s a good idea that manufacturers design outdoor cushion storage (e.g. patio cushion storage) in different sizes, colors, types, and materials, because your needs will definitely be met.
This article is what you need to read to shop for the right outdoor cushion storage. Read on for some brilliant outdoor cushion storage ideas you mustn’t miss out on.
3 Best Outdoor Cushion Storage Products
Benefits Of Having Outdoor Cushion Storage
Typically, the primary benefit of having outdoor cushion storage is to protect your cushions. Having said that, there are other benefits to it that you should know. Read on for more:
1. Keeping your outdoor cushions in storage will protect them from rain that can potentially damage them. This is because the majority of these products are designed using waterproof material.
2. Using storage minimizes the maintenance required of your outdoor cushions. This means that your cushions will be protected from getting damaged, and you won’t need to repair or replace them any time soon.
3. In case you want to move them around, storage options such as outdoor cushion cabinets help you to move your outdoor cushions around more easily.
4. Since you will not always use your outdoor cushions, you need storage to keep them out of reach from kids, pets, rodents, and pests.
5. Cushions get dusty, dirty, and soggy quickly when they are not covered up. To avoid them getting damaged when not in use, buy storage and have peace of mind.
6. Aesthetics. Even though the significant purpose of storage is to protect and secure your outdoor cushion, they can be customized to beautify your yard too. You may give the storage a lovely painting or design that will suit the theme of your garden.
7. Outdoor cushion storage offers multiple purposes. You don’t need to store only your cushion inside it. You can store other smaller items such as toys in it. Likewise, outdoor cushion storage can be quickly switched to a garden table, plant stand, or barbeque and grill supply storage.
8. Another perk of outdoor cushion storage is that it typically comes with a reasonable price tag.
Where To Buy High-Quality Outdoor Cushion Storage
If you have decided to purchase an outdoor cushion storage product, but are confused regarding where to get it, be sure to check out these stores. They carry a large variety of options in different styles and colors:
5. Home Depot
6. Urban outfitters
7. Container store
8. Bed Bath & Beyond
9. Lulu & Georgia
How To Choose The Perfect Outdoor Cushion Storage
As elusive as the “perfect” outdoor cushion storage might seem, it’s actually not that difficult to choose one. Below are some things you should look out for:
- Right dimensions that offer sufficient space for the number of your cushions you’re planning to store. For instance, an outdoor cushion storage pick that measures 57 inches’ x 20.75 inches’ x 23.75 inches is a good deal. It can also store many things in summer.
- High quality so that it’ll last you for many years, even with daily usage.
- Ensure it can withstand any elements/weather conditions. For instance, is it a waterproof outdoor storage box? That is to say, it’s safe to use in summer and winter for any purpose.
- Is it easy to set up? Don’t ignore this because if it’s hard to set up, you’ll be wasting time that can be spent doing other things.
- Is it easy to maintain and clean? You should know that a little maintenance and cleaning goes a very long way.
- Does it have an easy to carry or lift handle? In case you want to move the outdoor cushion storage from an open place to under the basement. This feature is vital.
Why You Need To Organize Outdoor Cushion Storage Properly
We all have different reasons for whatever we do. Here are some reasons why you need to organize cushion storage properly:
- Proper organization of cushion storage will save you a neat sum of money. This means that you likely won’t need to purchase another storage product.
- It will save you space. If you can organize your cushion storage properly, there will be more space to walk about or store other things.
- When you learn to organize cushion storage well, your garden will look tidier and prettier.
- Organizing your cushion storage in the right manner will prevent you from losing track of where exactly you’ve stored your cushions, especially if there are many of them/they’re stored with other items.
Types Of Outdoor Cushion Storage
Outdoor cushion storage is designed in different colors, types, materials, and sizes. Here, you will learn about the right type of outdoor cushion storage you should invest in.
How To Organize Your Outdoor Cushion Storage
Organizing your outdoor cushion storage is simple. The first thing to know is that the number of your cushions will determine the amount of storage you need. After that, arrange the outdoor cushions in the storage. This should be carefully done one after the other. Then, put the storage in a dry environment (like your basement or an attic) to protect them from the elements.
To maximize space, outdoor cushion storage can fit under an existing bench or structure. Take note not to place it too close to a swimming pool, or the storage might potentially get damaged.
Finally, be sure to check any existing locks, the condition of your cushions, and the surroundings of the storage frequently. This will help you identify any source of damage to your outdoor cushions and for you to relocate them if necessary. With consistent attention, you will be able to extend the lifespan of your outdoor cushions and save yourself some money at the same time.
How To Utilize Your Outdoor Cushion Storage
One good way to utilize your outdoor cushion storage is to maintain them well and keep them clean as necessary. Doing that will make you enjoy it for as long as possible.
When you are not using your outdoor cushion storage in winter, you can use it to store other items. For instance, you could use it to store garden tools or as a garage storage organizer. Summer could also be the season for your outdoor cushion storage to get a break and be revamped for the next season’s look.
Did you know you can always utilize your outdoor cushion storage to serve as a plant table? Your outdoor cushion storage can also be utilized as a grill and barbeque supplies storage or extra seat/decoration table during a small party. You could even take things a notch higher by using it to store yard supplies or chemicals (making sure that they’re labelled properly, of course).
Right Way To Clean Your Outdoor Cushion Storage
Cleaning your outdoor cushion storage is very vital to make it durable for a long time. Here is how to clean it:
- Get a good all-purpose cleanerCheck Latest Price .
- Mix with enough water, not too light nor thick. Just make sure it’s soapy and adequate to wash the entire outdoor cushion storage
- Wash the storage thoroughly with a good soft bristle brushCheck Latest Price . Since you won’t like to damage the storage with a hard brush.
- Get a clean rag or old towel to wipe clean after washing.
- Finally, you will need a spray to move the grime and dirt down from the top.
- Turn it upside down.
- Now, use the brush again to tackle the bottom.
- Spray until there is no grime or dirt anywhere, and leave it to dry in that position.
How To Store Outdoor Cushions In Winter
Since you won’t need them until summer, here are some ways to store your outdoor cushions when it’s cold outside.
1. Check them one by one to see if there is any existing damage.
2. If there is any damage such as holes, try to repair those.
3. The next step is to give them a good wash by hand/using the washing machine.
4. Ensure they are dry; if not, you may not be able to endure the odor they give off within a few days of storage.
5. Once they are clean and dry, proceed to sort them by color, shape, and/or size.
6. Arrange them in a proper and secure manner. If you can’t afford a brand new cushion storage product, you could always build one.
Frequently Asked Questions About Outdoor Cushion Storage
Here are answers to some questions you may have concerning the perfect outdoor cushion storage:
1. How To Keep Your Outdoor Cushion Storage Clean And New?
To keep your outdoor cushion storage clean and new for a very long time, do the following:
- Check for any damage get them fixed immediately before they get worse. For instance, a broken hinge should be repaired or replaced with a functioning one.
- Wash and clean outdoor cushion storage every season, with the right soap, soft brush, and neat towel.
- Dry it naturally in an open area/place.
- Consider laminating it using a top coatCheck Latest Price if it doesn’t have one.
- If necessary, touch up using some paintCheck Latest Price .
2. What Is The Best Outdoor Cushion Storage Bag To Have?
Here are some of the the best outdoor cushion storage bags you need to have to protect your storage. Not only are these bags durable, they’re space-saving and very affordable as well. Read this article to find out more about outdoor cushion storage bags.
3. How To Maximize Your Outdoor Cushion Storage Bench?
Make your outdoor cushion bench worth the price by maximizing it this way:
- Do thorough research online before purchasing or building one.
- Declutter your garden by using its chest to store cushions in winter. Use the same chest to store garden tools, toys, and more during summer.
- Use your outdoor storage bench as extra seats anytime, and any day you need it. You may place foams on the seats for comfort.
- Reduce expenses by using an outdoor cushion storage bench as seating or a table.
- An outdoor storage bench is not meant for the outdoors alone. If you are short of seats in your house, why not move them outside? Place foams on them and sit with joy.
4. What Are Different Designs For Your Outdoor Furniture Cushion Storage?
Check out these impressive designs for your outdoor furniture cushion storage. From minimalistic modern, these outdoor cushion storage designs are both pretty and practical – we’re sure that at least one of them will catch your fancy.
5. What Are Some Clever Outdoor Cushion Storage Ideas?
You will love these fantastic clever outdoor cushion storage ideas. Shop for a beautiful outdoor cushion storage product and keep your cushions protected at all times. Alternatively, you could choose to DIY your very own cushion storage box/bench.