Home>Furniture>Outdoor Furniture>10 Folding Adirondack Chairs To Enjoy The Outdoors With
10 Folding Adirondack Chairs To Enjoy The Outdoors With
Modified: February 7, 2023
Choose these folding Adirondack chairs to decorate your backyard or patio. With their foldable designs, you can easily store them away anytime!
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Lounging outdoors with the cool breeze caressing our skin is the best thing about summer. With folding Adirondack chairs, you do not have to go to the beach or pool anymore to experience such a relaxing time. Just place a couple of these chairs on the patio, and you can laze around outside your house all day long.
What Is An Adirondack Chair?
Whenever we visit hotel pools, we can’t help but notice those slanting chairs people lounge on. These iconic seats are Adirondack chairs! Upon closer look, you will notice how different they are from a regular four-legged chair: two pairs of short legs attached in front with the seat slanting down to the floor. Also, they have unusually high backrests and wide armrests.
The unique style of the Adirondack chair allows people to relax themselves while getting a wide-angle view of their surroundings. Thomas Lee, the creator of the Adirondack chairs, thought of this design when he went with his family on vacation to Westport, Lake Champlain. He wanted to create comfortable chairs that would allow them to bask in the beautiful sight of the lake and the Adirondack mountains.
10 Folding Adirondack Chairs For Outdoor Spaces
Since Adirondack chairs are perfect for sightseeing, wouldn’t it be great if you could bring along a couple of these chairs on a camping trip? You’ll get to sit back and revel in the stunning view of the mountains. If you like the idea, you may want to start shopping for folding Adirondack chairs. Here, we have listed some stylish foldable Adirondack chairs for outdoor spaces.
Starting with a POLYWOOD Folding Adirondack Chair, this portable furniture has a smooth, natural finish that resembles solid wood. It is made of POLYWOOD lumber— a high-density polyethylene (HDPE). Among all processed plastics, HDPE is the most sustainable because it is mostly made from recyclable materials.
Compared to other modern Adirondack chairs, this one follows the traditional 1930s design. It’s the design that Thomas Lee had devised when he first made the chair in the thirties. You can see that it has a classic, arched backrest with broad flat planks. Simple and exquisite— it is truly a timeless style.
- Traditional 1930s design
- Removable pins for easy folding
- Color-stay technology
- Product Dimensions: 35.75” x 29” x 35.75”
- Item Weight: 37 lbs.
- It’s eco-friendly
- It can be used as a good outdoor accent piece
- No hassle cleaning!
- It’s smaller compared to other Adirondack chairs
2. [ECCB Outdoor] Adirondack Chair
One of the things that we look forward to during camping is catching the beautiful sunrise in the morning. However, since early mornings can be too cold, you may want to have a cup of hot chocolate or coffee beside to warm yourself up. You can now enjoy lounging around with your favorite hot drink with ECCB Outdoor’s Adirondack chair! It has a fold-out cup holder at one of its armrests, so you can conveniently put down your drink anytime.
Another attractive feature of this folding Adirondack chair is that it has a muted green color. It’s a natural, subtle shade that goes well with lush fields and gardens. If you want an exquisite piece of furniture, but you do not want it to draw too much attention, then this chair is a good choice!
- Exquisite muted-green color
- Fold-out cup holder
- Made from recyclable poly lumber
- Product Dimensions: 32” x 29.25” x 37.25”
- Item Weight: 35.5 lbs.
- It requires minimal maintenance
- Convenient cup holder
- Minimalist design
- It is quite difficult to assemble because of the tight nylon locking nuts
3. [ASTEROUTDOOR] Folding Adirondack Chair
Sitting on a small, narrow chair is irritating. Instead of relaxing, you will only feel excruciating back pain. For maximum seating comfort, choose ASTEROUTDOOR’s Adirondack Chair! Compared to other Adirondack chairs, this one has wider seats and armrests, giving you more room to move around comfortably. You can even lay your bag beside you since you get to have more seating space.
Just like most Adirondack chairs, it is also made of poly lumber. Not only does poly lumber last longer, but it also has a natural-looking wood finish that goes well with outdoor spaces.
- Seats are 2-inch wider
- Foldable design
- Made of durable HDPE Poly Lumber
- Overall Dimensions: 32” L x 31.5” W x 38” H
- Item Weight: 300 lbs.
- It has more seating space
- It has a natural wooden finish
- Curved, relaxing seat
- The color looks a bit different in person
4. [SERWALL] Outdoor Adirondack Chair
Whenever we google for Adirondack Chairs, we see that it often comes in a classic, wooden finish. Even though wood furniture looks wonderful in outdoor spaces, this style is too common. If you want something different, you should consider buying SERWALL’s Adirondack chairs. They come in a wide variety of colors— from classic black and white finish to bright Aruba blue coating— these uniquely finished chairs can help liven up your backyard. Aside from its wide range of finishes, this Adirondack chair has a pre-installed backrest and seat. Just grab a screwdriver and attach the Allen wrenches, and you can finish assembling in no time.
- Convenient folding design
- Pre-installed backrest and seat
- Weather-proof chair
- Overall dimensions: 32.9” x 20.3” x 35.8”
- Item Weight: 44.9 lbs.
- It has a slatted design for easy drying
- Choose from a wide selection of finishes
- Lightweight, thus easy to carry around
- You have to do some assembly modifications.
5. [Highwood] Reclining Adirondack Chair
Although it is nice to have outdoor living spaces, maintaining them is a pain in the neck. The furniture is exposed to harsh weather conditions, so there’s a high chance that they may break easily— the paint starts chipping off, and some parts look worn out. To avoid such problems, choose long-lasting outdoor furniture like Highwood’s Reclining Adirondack Chair. It has a UV protector material that prevents the colored finish from fading.
The best part about this folding Adirondack chair is it has a reclining feature! It allows you to adjust the backrest to a more comfortable position. You don’t have to awkwardly crane your neck anymore if you want to enjoy watching the stars at night.
- Reclining backrest
- UV-protect finish
- Natural Wood finish
- Overall Dimensions: 33” x 36” x 40”
- Item Weight: 45 lbs.
- It has a wooden-like finish
- You can use three recline settings
- Lasts longer, thanks to its weatherproof materials
- It’s hard to get rid of the stains because of the matte finish
6. [Gettati] Plastic Resin Adirondack Chair
Occasional rains and thunderstorms could cause damage to outdoor furniture. You have the option to store them temporarily in your basement or attic to protect them from inclement weather conditions, but frequently moving them every time it rains could be troublesome. So, it is better to choose weather-resistant furniture such as Gettati’s Adirondack Chair.
This folding Adirondack plastic chair is made from recycled HDPE, so it is highly durable and is UV-resistant. Moreover, it has a slatted design that makes it easy to dry. Water puddles won’t be forming on the seat, thus preventing furniture damage. Get to know more durable outdoor furniture pieces that you can buy to save money in the long run!
- Slatted design
- UV color fade inhibitor
- Rust-resistant metal fittings
- Product Dimensions: 36” x 34.25” x 30”
- Item Weight: 36 lbs.
- Easy to clean; you only have to use soap and water
- Comfortable chair because of its ergonomic design
- Weatherproof materials
- Assembling is longer than expected
7. [DJL] White Adirondack Chair
Indeed, the slanted design of an Adirondack chair is what makes it comfortable to sit on. But, wouldn’t it be more comfortable if you add some pillows to it? If you like the idea, choose DJL’s Adirondack Chair. It comes with a head pillow that you may also use as a waist pillow. So, say goodbye now to those back and neck aches!
Unlike most Adirondack chairs that are made of HDPE, DJL chose to use durable-treated Chinese fir wood for their outdoor chairs. Chinese fir is a highly decay-resistant wood that won’t rot nor warp easily. Plus, it is lightweight, so the chair is easy to carry around.
- Durable-treated fir wood
- Attractive PU white paint finish
- Waterproof and stain-resistant
- Product Dimensions: 35” x 28” x 35.85”
- Item Weight: 17.6 lbs.
- Easy storage because of its folding design
- It comes with a head pillow for added comfort
- Easy assembly
- It needs oil treatment at least once a year
People Who Search For Folding Adirondack Chairs Also Search For
Most Adirondack chairs have a straight, slanted seat, but ResinTEAK’s Plastic Adirondack chair is different: it has a unique sloping seat that allows you to sit down for hours without experiencing apparent back pain. With this cozy outdoor furniture, you can now better enjoy your summer afternoons!
You will also love the design of this outdoor chair as it follows the classic Adirondack chair with a high, arched backrest. Although the design is old, it is still a popular choice among homeowners because of its timeless charm. Because of this, you may use it as accent furniture to elevate your backyard or patio.
- Low-maintenance outdoor chair
- Old, original Adirondack design
- Weatherproof materials
- Product Dimensions: 36” x 21” x 39.5”
- Item Weight: 36 lbs.
- It can be used as accent furniture for outdoor spaces
- It can hold up to 300 lbs.
- Screws are made from corrosion-resistant steel
- It may stain easily
9. [Best Choice Products] Adirondack Lounger Chair
Even though Adirondack chairs with wooden finishes look attractive, they may appear too plain over time. Eventually, you would want to change the entire look of the patio, but a complete renovation can be expensive as you may have to invest in new outdoor furniture. Instead of buying a new set of chairs, why don’t you purchase something that you can personalize? If you like to DIY, choose Best Choice Products’ Adirondack Chair! It is made of natural Hemlock wood, so you can easily paint it or polish it with a varnish or lacquer. Aside from painting those Adirondack chairs, explore more DIY outdoor furniture to get creative ideas on how to decorate your backyard and patio!
- Classic wood finish
- Space-saving, foldable design
- Customizable exterior
- Product Dimensions: 30.5” x 28” x 35”
- Item Weight: 18.75 lbs.
- It has a beautiful natural wood finish
- Ideal for DIY projects
- The frame is lightweight so it’s easy to carry
- Assembly may be difficult
10. [Merry Garden] Birch Adirondack Chair
Like they say, “simplicity is beauty”. You do not need any fancy outdoor furniture to make your backyard look beautiful and inviting. A simple Adirondack Chair from Merry Garden can make any outdoor space appear cozy and exquisite. It is made of Canadian hemlock that has a natural wood finish with enticing straight grains and uneven texture. Just like Best Choice Products’ Adirondack Chair, this chair is ideal for DIY projects. You can change its color or finish if you want to get more creative in designing your patio.
- Customizable Hemlock wood
- Attractive wood furniture
- Ergonomic design
- Product Dimensions: 32.28″D x 28.35″W x 35.24″H
- Item Weight: 19 lbs.
- Portable because of its lightweight frame
- Ideal for decorating patios because of its natural wood finish
- Assembly only takes a couple of minutes
- It’s quite small compared to other Adirondack chairs
When shopping for outdoor furniture, choose something that can withstand the harsh, unpredictable weather outside. When it comes to durability, you can never go wrong with Adirondack chairs. Not only are they sturdy, but they also are decorative pieces that can help beautify your patio. But, before you buy one, see to it that the chair is foldable. It is more convenient to have folding Adirondack chairs since you can carry them with you during outdoor trips.
Aside from these Adirondack chairs, you may want to check out some other outdoor storage ideas. You might discover some exquisite outdoor accent pieces that could also be used as storage furniture for keeping small knick-knacks at home.