15 Best Toilet Bowl Cleaners Every Bathroom Needs
Published: June 21, 2021
Modified: October 7, 2021
With these toilet bowl cleaners, your toilet bowl is sure to stay fresh and clean! This troublesome task can be an easy part of your routine.
Being an adult is tough: we’re expected to juggle our careers, social lives, health, and more at the same time. With our hectic schedules, it’s no wonder why we don’t have time for the mundane yet important things… like cleaning our toilet bowls. Unfortunately, toilet bowls can easily become a breeding ground for germs and take on a nasty appearance if left unattended.
Fortunately, you can eliminate any build-up by choosing from numerous toilet bowl cleaners. With their powerful stain-removing formulas and ergonomic designs, they’re bound to make the cleaning process 10x easier. Check out the options below.
Toilet Cleaning Tools
Before we start cleaning, we’ll need to arm ourselves with the right tools. A scrubbing brush that you bought from your local hardware store is a start, but will probably not suffice. Not only is it not long enough to reach the bottom of the bowl, but it is also likely flimsy. Consider investing in some of these toilet cleaners instead.
If you google “pumice stone,” the first result that pops up will probably be tools for smoothing over foot callouses. However, pumice stones do more than that. You can use these to remove stubborn stains and calcium buildup from your toilet bowl. Thanks to their abrasive exterior, they work well as a toilet bowl scrub.
Other abrasive cleaning tools such as sandpaper may work, but will likely leave scratches on your toilet’s surface. You should use a pumice stone toilet bowl cleaner instead to make sure your toilet bowl stays pristine. There won’t be issues as long as you douse it with sufficient water beforehand.
- Extra-long handle for convenient cleaning
- The abrasive exterior can remove calcium deposits and dried caulking
- Fragrance-free cleaner
- One pack contains two pumice stone toilet cleaners
- Dimensions: 14.17” x 3.62” x 1.77″
- Simple to use compared to other cleaners
- Can also be used for cleaning the kitchen, bathroom tiles, and BBQ grill pans
- Long handles makes cleaning easier
- Requires manual scrubbing
Bathroom tools can take up a lot of space. Although it would be nice to have a separate room for them, not all of us have that kind of luxury. A more practical solution would be to place them in the bathroom with our toiletries. To help save more bathroom space, invest in 2-in-1 toilet cleaners such as this toilet plunger and bowl brush.
Aside from being a space-saving cleaning tool, it has durable bristles, so it will last longer than a regular scrubbing brush. Thanks to it, you won’t have to replace your toilet brushes frequently.
- Two-compartment holder for the plunger and toilet brush
- Strong and durable bristles
- Has a hygienic holder to avoid messy cleaning
- Bristles are made of nylon
- Black is the only available color
- Dimensions: 6.3”: x 8.2” x 18.1”
- Suction cup is sturdy
- Handle is durable as it’s made of hard plastic
- Compact, sleek design
- Plunging it into your toilet bowl can be a bit of a challenge
What good is a toilet bowl brush if you don’t have any liquid-based cleaners to use it with? It would be hard to remove the limescale or that gross greenish, brownish buildup you see around your toilet. Limescale can harden over time as dirt and dust get trapped in it. When this happens, it can be a nightmare to clean your toilet bowl.
Fortunately, you can easily remove both dirt and limescale with this ToiletWand Disposable Toilet! It comes with a set of disposable scrub pads that is infused with a powerful Clorox cleaner. Overall, it’s the perfect disinfecting tool for your toilet.
- Hexagon-shaped sponge
- Rainforest-rush scented scrub pads
- Convenient storage caddy
- The package comes in six disposable refills
- One toilet wand with a storage caddy
- Easily reach the nooks and crannies of your toilet bowl because of its hexagon-shaped sponge
- Simple installation; can be assembled in three steps
- Long handle
- Generates more trash as the scrub pads are disposable
Add this exquisite toilet brush and holder to your bathroom cleaner collection. Unlike regular plastic toilet brushes, this one features a black brush head, making any grime and dirt less visible on it than those of typical brushes (having said that, it still requires periodic cleaning).
Another factor that adds to its exquisiteness is its steel handle. When it comes to industrial materials, 304 stainless steel is among the materials that are resistant to corrosion. Since this is made from 304 stainless steel, you won’t have to worry about the possibility of rust marks forming around its handle.
- It has an anti-splash design that helps keep the hands clean
- It has a durable canister that helps prevent messy drips on your bathroom floors
- Non-corrosive 304 stainless steel
- The brush is made of soft PP (Polypropylene) bristles
- Dimensions: 4” x 4” x 15”
- Sturdy handles
- Easy to carry around
- Slim design helps save bathroom space
- The brush is smaller than regular toilet brushes
The problem with cleaning toilet bowls is that it can sometimes get messy. You may have successfully removed the mildew and mold, but the grime can get everywhere when you lift the brush and put it back in the caddy. Worse, the liquid from the dripping brush head starts accumulating in the toilet brush holder.
Luckily, you can now purchase a toilet bowl cleaner that features a built-in ventilation design. At the bottom of the holder, there are small ventilation slots that help in drying the toilet brush. Best of all, it has an automatic lid for conveniently placing the brush back after usage.
- Flat base
- Features an automatic lid
- Upper ventilation design
- 15.8” handle
- Dimensions: 12.36” x 5.43” x 5.35”
- Thick handle makes scrubbing easier
- The brush head can be replaced
- Has ventilation slots for easy drying
- It takes time for the water at the bottom of the holder to evaporate
Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets and Stamps
Toilet bowl deep cleaning can take a lot of effort and time. The alternative, however, is to leave your toilet bowl looking disgustingly yellow. Fortunately, unsightly stains can be removed easily using toilet bowl cleaner tablets and stamps! Read on to learn about our favorites.
Bothered by the lingering stench of the toilet bowl post-dump? To combat the smell, use this gel cleaning stamp. These stamps make excellent alternatives to toilet bowl tablets. Not only do they keep the bathroom smelling great, but they also help to prevent limestone from building up.
Their long-lasting benefits are the best part of this product: one stamp can last you for up to 12 days! This is perfect to use whenever guests are staying over at your house as it makes a good first impression. Rest assured that your bathroom will stay fresh throughout the duration of their stay.
- It has a dispenser stamp for convenient application
- Gel stamps have no expiration
- Gel stamps have a long-lasting effect
- Available fragrances: Citrus, Rainshower, Lavender
- Package includes one applicator and six gel stamps
- Color: Blue
- Freshening and cleaning effect lasts up to almost two weeks
- Keep your hands away from the dirty water
- Fresh scents
- Needs to be paired with a bleaching gel for better results
One of the best toilet bowl cleaner stamps is Lysol’s Automatic Toilet Cleaner. It works the same way Scrubbing Bubbles’ Toilet Bowl Cleaning Gel Stamp does, but comes in only one classic scent: Lavender. What is great about it is that the Lavender scent is not as strong as the other bathroom fresheners. You might like this best if one of your family members is sensitive to fragrances.
It is also convenient to use as it has a dispenser. Although the dispenser is not as long as the Scrubbing Bubbles’ Gel Stamp, it still makes application easier. No need to get those hands dirty!
- Comes with a dispenser for convenient application
- Fresh lavender scent
- Bleach-free cleaning product
- Gel-cleaning product
- Two gels in one pack
- Not messy to apply
- The gel can last for a month and a half
- Helps prevent toilet bowl rings
- May not be concentrated enough to get rid of stubborn stains
Rust stains are one of the most undesirable things you want to see in a toilet bowl. Those reddish-brown stains make the toilet bowl look unsanitary. If you have the same problem at home, you need to call the nearest plumber to fix the pipes connected to the toilet. However, this won’t remove the rust stains around the toilet bowl. You have to use a potent toilet cleaner like Iron OUT’s Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
This cleaner has a concentrated formula that helps remove rust marks without ruining the surface of the toilet bowl. The best part about it is that the effects of one tablet can last for more than a month! Expect the toilet to be squeaky clean.
- Long-lasting stain removal tablets
- Best used for places that use hard water or water that has high mineral content
- The formula is safe to use
- One box contains six tablets
- Ingredients: Sodium Hydrosulfite, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide
- Easy to use; you only need to drop a tablet in the toilet for it to work
- Safe to use in the toilet tank
- Removes stubborn rust marks
- You have to use it with Super Iron Out All-Purpose Powder to achieve better results.
You might have stumbled upon cheap tablets online and are tempted to buy one. However, instead of saving money, you may end up spending more on repair work. Cheap tablets tend to split instead of dissolving, and when this happens, it could cause water blockages and clogged toilets. To prevent this, buy quality products like the Vacplus Toilet Bowl Cleaner Tablets.
What is unique about these tablets is that it is a 2-in-1 toilet bowl cleaner. The blue part is designed for keeping the toilet basin fresh 24/7. Meanwhile, the green part is for cleaning the tank.
- Dissolvable film and tablets
- It takes 10 minutes to dissolve 1 tablet
- One tablet lasts for a week
- Dimensions: 4.33” x 3.15” x 3.94”
- 12 tablets in one pack
- It does not leave blue stains
- Dissolves easily in your toilet
- One pack lasts for three months
- May need to scrub the toilet bowl first before using the tablets
For homeowners using porcelain toilet bowls, it would be best to avoid cleaners that contain bleach. Although bleach is an effective cleaning agent, it could cause permanent damage to porcelain. The dazzling glaze of the porcelain will soon lose its luster and be covered with rust.
Thus, it would be wise to choose non-bleach products like these lavender tablets. Even though it does not contain bleach, it contains sodium borate. It is an ingredient that combats stains and is used to clean industrial surfaces. This means that it is also effective in removing marks and stains on your home toilet.
- Refreshing lavender scent
- Charcoal deodorizer absorbs odor
- Contains sodium borate which removes hard water stains
- One pack includes 5 tablets
- Package Dimensions: 12” x 4.96” x 2.05”
- No need to scrub the toilet
- Multi-pack toilet bowl cleaner
- Attractive purple color
- It takes a while for a tablet to dissolve
People Who Search For Toilet Bowl Cleaner Also Search For
Other Essential Toilet Bowl Cleaners
Aside from toilet bowl cleaner brushes and tablets, you may want to start using these other cleaning essentials! Most of these products are valuable add-ons that help further sanitize bathrooms. If you consider yourself to be a “neat freak” and want your bathroom to look pristine, look no further.
Indeed, citrus scents make bathrooms smell fresh. However, it is a scent that is common in bathrooms. So, you may want to try something different like those that produce a pine scent. Something like Ecover’s toilet bowl cleaner!
Aside from its distinct pine scent, this product contains plant-based ingredients, so it is environmentally friendly. Everything in this product is safe for the environment as even the packaging is made from recyclable plastic. Remember that it is best to switch to these green products now that global warming is increasing at an alarming rate!
- Plant-based ingredients
- Plantplastic material is used for the bottle
- Fresh pine scent
- 25 oz. (739 ml)
- Dimensions: 3.54” x 2.2” x 10.67”
- Gets rid of hard-to-remove mineral deposits
- Green product
- It does not turn the toilet water blue
- Its scent is a bit overpowering compared to other cleaning products
We have highlighted before all the benefits of going green, so here is another green product you will surely love: Better Life’s Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner! It contains no chemical-based fragrances and harmful petroleum solvents. Just like Ecover’s Toilet Bowl Cleaner, its packaging is also made from recyclable materials. Not only that, animal lovers will be pleased to know that they do not test their products on animals.
As for its cleaning powers, it does well compared to other sanitizing products. The highlight of this cleaner, however, is without a doubt its natural scent. Featuring mild tea tree and peppermint scents, they are pleasant and not too overpowering.
- Refreshing tea tree and peppermint scent
- Plant-based ingredients
- Free of parabens
- Cleaning ingredients include sodium citrate and lactic acid
- Dimensions: 2.13” x 8.5” x 10.25”
- Green cleaning product
- Does not have an overpowering smell
- Help reduce plastic waste
- Difficult to use for removing hard water stains
Sometimes, even though we’ve made sure the toilet bowl is clean, the water within still looks soiled. This is a common issue encountered by homeowners who have old pipes and/or corroded metal toilet tank parts. To fix this problem, call a trusted plumber first, then shop for a concentrated toilet tank cleaner. If shopping in a hardware store is too troublesome (not to mention risky, given the current situation), just order Instant Power’s Toilet Tank Cleaner online! It uses a citric acid formula and is easy to use as you only need to pour it into the tank, stir it, and leave it in overnight. The following morning, expect the tank to look brand-new.
- Automatic toilet cleaner
- Powerful cleaning agent
- Lemon-scented cleaner
- White powder
- Package Dimensions: 12.37” x 9.5” x 6.62”
- No hassle scrubbing
- It leaves a fresh citrus scent
- Removes hard water deposits and mineral buildup
- Disposable packaging generates more waste
There is no doubt that the demand for antibacterial products is increasing because of the pandemic. Hygiene is of utmost importance, and it’s always better to be safe than sorry. This product contains citric acid that helps kill bacteria, viruses, and other household germs. You can be sure that no one in your family will get sick after using the bathroom. Aside from antibacterial properties, it also has a pleasant spearmint scent!
- Citric acid helps kill bacteria
- Spearmint scent
- Non-toxic ingredients
- Six bottles in one pack
- Dimensions: 11.3” x 8.8” x 8.4” inches
- Effectively removes foul bathroom odors
- Helps sanitize toilets because of their antibacterial properties
- It comes in a pack
- Disposable packaging generates more waste
At first glance, this product looks like a spray paint can because of its flashy packaging. However, if you look closer, you’ll be surprised it is designed and used as a toilet cleaner. A versatile stain remover with Oxiclean properties, it can be used to clean the surface of porcelain toilets.
The unique thing about this cleaning product is that its color changes every time you spray it on a surface. At first, a tinge of blue is evident on the surface, but it evaporates and turns clear white after a while. It’s a tad gimmicky but cool to observe all the same.
- Fresh citrus scent
- The spray bottle is easy to use
- Oxiclean stain-fighting bubbles
- 19 oz. bottle
- Dimensions: 2.69” x 2.69” x 9.63”
- It doesn’t leave blue stains
- No scrubbing needed
- It keeps the bathroom smell fresh
- Since it’s a spray, the smell might diffuse in the air
It’s not a surprise that thousands of bacteria — like the infamous E.Coli — call the toilet bowl their home. If you’re exposed to these bacteria, you may experience severe diarrhea, among other symptoms. The good news is that you can keep your bathroom hygienic by using these toilet bowl cleaners. They are specially formulated to help kill bacteria and remove stains, so feel free to reference our list whenever you like.