Best Nautical Bathroom Decor Options For A Coastal Inspired Space
Modified: May 17, 2022
Transform your simple white bathroom into a beach paradise with these nautical bathroom decor options! Discover some of the best selections today.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Sometimes, when life gets tough, all we need is a moment of solitude in the bathroom to feel fine. It might seem trivial but the bathroom allows us to disconnect from many stressful things in life, and it’s a space where we can feel safe and be alone with our thoughts. This is why many homeowners take the extra mile to decorate and furnish their bathrooms to turn them into relaxing spaces. It doesn’t mean, however, that you should immediately hire an interior designer just to make your bathroom relaxing. Sometimes, adding bathroom ornaments such as nautical bathroom decors is more than enough.
What is Nautical Interior Design?
Nautical interiors are popular on the East Coast where there are lots of beaches and coastal areas. It is all about adorning spaces with nautical stripes, sea-themed decors, navy ship sculptures, or anything related to seafaring to bring the ocean close to home.
Nautical interiors first became popular in the 1980s and they never went out of style because of their attractive and cool color scheme. White is often used as a base color to create a bright, airy space, while navy blue or turquoise is the focal color to add coolness to a room. Another distinctive detail about nautical-inspired spaces is the incorporation of natural and rustic elements. Since this interior style is heavily inspired by ships, wooden home decors and furnishings with weathered textures are popular. Sometimes, jute and seagrass are also used to add a natural warmth to a room.
Nautical living rooms and bedrooms are common, but some homeowners would extend this interior design to their bathrooms. One reason is that nautical decors help transform a simple bathroom into a calming lounging space with the incorporation of cool colors. Not to mention, adding maritime accents and sea-inspired bathroom decorations create some form of escapism as they take you back to the happy memories of going to a beach.
People Who Search For Nautical Bathroom Decor Also Search For
Nautical Bathroom Decor Ideas to Create a Relaxing Vibe
Nautical bathrooms can be tacky if you go overboard with the decorations, so make sure you only pick a couple of items and use them as accent pieces. As such, here are some of the nautical bathroom decors you can buy from Amazon:
Incorporate Sea-Themed Elements with these Nautical Wall Decors
Using sailboat wallpapers may be an easy way to nail a nautical aesthetic, but these wall coverings could be a problem in the long run. Moisture in the bathroom can cause wallpapers to peel, and mold can thrive. A better option would be to paint the bathroom walls white and hang beach-themed paintings.
For bathrooms, we recommend the YOOOAHU Nautical Bathroom Decor Art. It’s a set of four different paintings of various sea creatures that helps add color and interesting textures to a plain, white bathroom. These sea bathroom decors use ECO solvent print, which is environmentally friendly and waterproof. Rest assured they won’t fade easily even when exposed to humid bathrooms.
- ECO solvent print
- Thick wooden frames
- Exquisite beach-themed paintings
- Item weight: 1.74 pounds
- Measures 12 inches x 12 inches x 4 inches
- Also available in other designs and sizes
- The package includes 1 octopus picture, 1 whale picture, 1 sea turtle picture, and 1 seahorse picture
- ECO solvent print is also UV-resistant
- Has no strong odor, unlike traditional oil paintings
- No hassle installations as it comes with hooks and other mounting hardware
- The actual colors don’t appear as bright as the posted photos
It is not surprising that some nautical bathroom decors have octopus-like shapes since these tentacled species are famous sea creatures. Although unusual, octopus ornaments are well-liked nautical decors as they add a unique touch to a bathroom.
Upgrade your old, boring toilet paper dispenser with the Comfify Octopus Toilet Paper Holder. Featuring a decorative Octopus wall hook, this home decor piece would be a great addition to a nautical bathroom as it has a vintage rustic look that won’t overwhelm the space.
- Rustic nautical look
- Spring-loaded mechanism
- Decorative octopus-shaped wall hook
- Item weight: 1.59 pounds
- Measures 6.75 inches x 2 inches x 8.25 inches
- Available in 4 colors: White, brown, copper, and gold
- Screws and anchors are included
- Crafted with high-quality, recycled cast metal
- Treated with a special coating to create a vintage, rustic look
- The plastic string load doesn’t last long
Nautical bathroom decors are not just limited to fish wall decals, turtle paintings, and other sea creature decorations. Old sailing ships and boats (similar to the ones seen in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise) are favorite nautical bathroom decors as well because these antique pieces add character to a room.
For nautical sailboat decorations, consider choosing the Silver Sailboat from Stratton Home Decor. This would be a great choice for a retro Mediterranean bathroom because of its antique silver finish.
- 100% metal
- Antique silver finish
- Item weight: 4.29 pounds
- Measures 40.25 inches (W) x 1.75 inches (D) x 22.50 inches (H)
- The package includes 1 Silver Sailboat wall decor
- Exudes a relaxed, nautical vibe
- Adds character and drama to the bare walls of the bathroom
- Doesn’t appear too tacky and obvious unlike many sea bathroom decors
- High price tag
Nautical bathrooms are supposed to appear chic and laid back, so avoid overwhelming the walls with ocean-framed art, fishnets, seashells, and maritime decals. Keep the bathroom walls neat and simple with this Sailboat Shelf from Ollie Aire. It has a coastal-inspired design that creates a nautical feel in the bathroom. But more than that, this sailboat shelf helps avoid a cluttered bathroom as it can be used to store other antique decors, as well as small bath and shower essentials.
- Beach house decor
- Pre-installed hangers
- Unique, geometric design
- Item weight: 3.28 pounds
- Measures 18 inches x 12 inches x 3.5 inches
- No hassle installation
- Durable MDF wooden construction
- Can also function as a table decor piece
- Small shelf space
Add Maritime and Ocean Accents with these Nautical Table Decors
Bathroom accessories may be at the bottom of your shopping list, but they are significant tools to keep bath and oral kits neat and clean. Imagine having no soap dish to use while showering. You have no choice but to put the soap down on the sink, where it’s dirty and grimy. The same goes for the toothbrush. Without a toothbrush holder, you may have to leave the toothbrush out in the open, contaminating the bristles with bacteria.
We suggest using the Tides and Tales Nautical Bathroom Decor Set to organize bath and orals tools. It features an anchor and rope theme that exudes a nautical vibe. Moreover, its soft Mediterranean tones are easy on the eyes, making spaces look serene and relaxing.
- Soft Mediterranean tones
- Anchor and rope nautical theme
- Robust resin construction
- Beautiful smooth matte finish
- 4-piece bathroom accessory set
- Package includes 1 lotion/soap dispenser, 1 toothbrush holder, 1 soap dish, 1 tumbler
- The dispenser can hold 12 ounces of hand soap or lotion
- Easy wipe clean finish
- Comes with a stylish box so you can give it as a gift
- A bulky electric toothbrush can fit easily in the toothbrush holder
- The soap dispenser is difficult to pump
Adding modern lighting fixtures may help improve bathroom ambiance, but they are expensive and difficult to install. Instead of installing lighting fixtures, consider using the SILVERSTRO LED flameless candles. They are much more affordable, and they can instantly add ambiance to a bathroom by filling spaces with soft, diffused light. These flameless candles would go well in whimsical nautical bathrooms, thanks to their embedded shell conch design. Turn these candles on every time you want to take a long, hot bath to create a more relaxing atmosphere.
- Realistic flameless candles
- Embedded shell conch design
- Candle diameter: 3.25 inches
- Requires 2 AA batteries
- Candle height variation: 4 inches, 5 inches, and 6 inches
- No risk of fire and burns
- Emits a warm white color that helps improve bathroom ambiance
- Flameless candles have a moving wick feature to make them appear realistic
- Requires you to frequently change the batteries
The vanity area is one of the places where you can display nautical bathroom decors as it is often used as the focal point of the bathroom. Simply put, the vanity area is where your eye naturally falls once you enter the bathroom. For starters, you could decorate the vanity table with this Vintage Jewelry Box from Puzzled. This is more than just a jewelry holder as it could also be used as a decorative piece in a nautical bathroom, thanks to its antique treasure chest design. Moreover, the ship wheel holder and fishing net on top are small maritime details that add nautical touches to the bathroom.
- Vintage treasure chest design
- Easy to open wooden lid
- Premium quality wood
- Item weight: 3.2 ounces
- Measures 4.25 inches (L) x 3.25 inches (W) x 2.75 inches (H)
- The package includes 1 vintage jewelry box
- Durable and lightweight
- Beautiful nautical bathroom accent
- Doesn’t take too much table space
- Fragile hinges
- Some glue marks
Time seems to pass by quickly in the bathroom, so you may want to place a clock around the vanity area. Doing this will help you set a schedule for your relaxing rituals. For nautical bathrooms, we suggest using the KODORIA Wheel Wall Clock. It has a Mediterranean wheel frame with a weathered look, suitable for nautical interiors. Aesthetics aside, this sea bathroom decor also features a silent, non-ticking mechanism. Now, you can fully enjoy your bath, without getting bothered by ticking sounds signifying passing time.
- Mediterranean style
- Weathered look
- Item weight: 2.18 pounds
- Measures 8 ½ inches (H) x 7 inches (W)
- Requires 1 AA battery
- Also goes well with any shabby chic decor
- Free-standing, space-saving table clock
- The actual product is smaller than in the photos
Imitate Ship Portholes with these Nautical Round Mirrors
Since modern nautical bathrooms are inspired by navy ships and sailboats, round porthole mirrors are ideal decor accents. Choose this Rustic Nautical Mirror from Funly Mee to create an illusion of being inside a ship. Unlike many porthole mirrors with a metal frame, this bathroom mirror has a nautical rope hanger that appears similar to the ropes and wires used in old sailing ships. The rope hanger is more than just a decorative accent — it’s an extra feature so you can easily hang the mirror on the wall.
- Decorative rope mirror
- Rope hanging loop
- Wood frame
- Light and flat MDF back cover
- Item weight: 1.61 pounds
- Measures 16.2 inches x 16.2 inches
- The wood frame is solid and durable
- Natural recycled wood is used for the mirror frame
- Mounting hardware is not included
Here’s another exquisite porthole mirror! It also has a rope hanging loop, but unlike the previous item, you may remove the rope and use the ring on top to hang the porthole mirror on the wall. Round mirrors such as this are ideal for small bathrooms as they don’t take too much space. Furthermore, round porthole mirrors help produce a relaxing vibe in the bathroom as there are no sharp edges and harsh lines.
- Decorative rope mirror
- Real nautical rope
- Clear glass mirror
- Metal frame
- Item weight: 2.4 pounds
- The rope mirror is 13 inches in diameter
- Comes in 3 different sizes
- Easy installation
- Crystal clear reflection
- Ideal for beach or coastal homes
- Quite heavy
Do you and your family have a deep fascination for pirates? If so, use the Nagina International Nautical Porthole Mirror with brass accents and other rustic nautical decorations to build a bathroom similar to a captain’s quarters in a pirate ship. You can also add some dark wooden bathroom cabinets to capture the Caribbean vibes of old sailing ships.
- Rustic copper finish
- Lacquer coating
- Solid-grade aluminum
- Item weight: 2.2 pounds
- The porthole mirror is 30 inches in diameter
- Easy to hang
- Aluminum metal frame won’t fade fast due to the lacquer coating
- Fragile hinges
When it comes to kids’ bathrooms, it’s alright to go extra with nautical bathroom decors. Besides, transforming their bathroom into a sea paradise using nautical decors can help stimulate imagination and creative thinking. Hang this Coastal Mirror from Deco 79! It’s a polished reflective mirror with a ship wheel frame and fishnet seashell accent. Use this sea bathroom decor to create a fun, nautical bathroom space for kids.
- Neutral and soothing colors
- Jute rope and seashell accents
- Ship steering wheel-inspired mirror
- Item weight: 6 pounds
- Measures 8.9 centimeters (L) x 95.3 centimeters (H) x 73.7 centimeters (W)
- The reflective mirror makes spaces bigger
- Brightens a bathroom with its neutral and soothing color theme
- Some visible glue marks
Even if you don’t live in the coastal towns of America, you can still adopt a rustic beach-themed bathroom with nautical bathroom decors. Not only do they help set up a relaxing summer vibe, but they can also make your bathroom look stylish. Feel free to go back and review some of our recommended nautical bathroom decor options to get some ideas on how to decorate a coastal-inspired bathroom.
Aside from these exquisite nautical decorations, you may also want to buy one of these functional non-slip bath mats. Remember that when it comes to bathrooms, safety is as important as style! So, add one or two of these non-slip bath mats to prevent fall-related injuries in your space of relaxation.