Oddly-Shaped Ceramic Vases To Spruce Up Your Home
Published: May 27, 2022
Decorate your home with an exquisite ceramic vase to improve ambiance. Discover here some of the best ceramic vases you can buy today.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
Ceramic vases are more than vessels used to hold flowers. These exquisite ornamental pieces also function as standalone home decor pieces to help improve room ambiance. In this article, discover a multitude of oddly-shaped ceramic vases to give flair to your home. You will also find out about the history of ceramic vases and how they continue to become one of the most popular home decor pieces used today.
Brief History of Ceramic Vases and Pottery
Ceramics, the art of creating clay sculptures and pots by heating clay at high temperatures, has been around for thousands of years. Historically, the first ceramic artefact was a statuette of a woman, discovered during the late Paleolithic period (28,000 BCE) in the Czech Republic. Several years later, ceramic pottery became popular in some parts of East Asia as people would use the ceramics to create pots and pans to hold and transfer food.
In 3500 B.C.E, ceramic vases were introduced when the pottery wheel was invented in Mesopotamia. However, these ceramics were only used for storing grain, so they had a simple and round design. Ceramic vases later appeared more decorative when the ancient Greeks started painting the vases with zigzag patterns, geometric shapes, and scenes from everyday life. From a simple storage solution, ceramic vases became more ornamental, their purpose also became more versatile. The ancient Greeks sometimes used them as trophies for the Olympic games. Others would use them as urns to store the ashes of a cremated loved one.
As the popularity of ceramic vases slowly reached the world stage, different types eventually emerged. Today, classic earthenware ceramic vases with a slightly porous body aren’t the only ones you can buy. Many other types such as stoneware and porcelain are available too. Stoneware is a hard and durable ceramic vase as it is heated at a higher temperature and is often coated with a powdered glass glaze. Meanwhile, porcelain vases are also durable, but unlike stoneware vases with a rough exterior, they have a beautiful translucent surface.
People Who Search For Ceramic Vase Also Search For
Decorative Ceramic Vases for Your Home
Ceramic vases are considered ancient, but these exquisite pieces remain one of the most popular home decorations today. Many homeowners love the versatility and functionality of ceramic vases because they are not only used as vessels for flowers but can also be used as accent pieces to enliven spaces.
As such, here are some of the decorative ceramic vases you can buy from Amazon.
Real, natural flowers on ceramic vases look lovely, but their lives are short and hard to maintain. Why not try decorating your home with faux botanicals? These are artificial flowers made from silk that can add a fresh and bright look to your home. Not only that, but they also require little maintenance as you only have to dust them off from time to time.
For faux flowers, we recommend the Abittar Ceramic Vase Set. These minimalist vases can enhance the exquisite appearance of faux flowers as they are embellished with soft, muted colors. There are no distracting patterns and prints, so the focus can stay on your exquisite faux botanicals.
- 100% ceramic
- Multicolor ceramic vases
- Cream vase dimensions: 4.7 inches x 3.2 inches
- Light blue vase dimensions: 6.3 inches x 3.15 inches
- Yellow vase dimensions: 6.7 inches x 3.2 inches
- Each vase weighs 1.25 pounds
- Comes with a gift box
- Ideal for modern minimalist homes
- Vases are quite small
If faux botanicals aren’t your style, we suggest choosing colorful dried flowers. These are more practical than real flowers as they are usually preserved with a special gel to last longer. Plus, dried flowers have a unique coarse texture and a soft, muted color that will go well with modern minimalist interiors.
When decorating with colorful dried flowers, it is better to choose white, sculptural vases — just like the Anding White Ceramic Vase Set. The vases have a matte white finish that allow the color of the dried flowers to pop out. Furthermore, this ceramic vase has a unique waterfall pattern design, so you may use it to add texture to a room.
- Waterfall pattern
- Round, small bottle design
- Each vase weighs 3.2 pounds
- Large vase measures 9.84 inches x 5.5 inches
- Medium vase measures 7.87 inches x 4.3 inches
- Small vase measures 6.69 inches x 3.3 inches
- A great housewarming gift
- Creates a comfortable atmosphere
- Flat bottom base to keep the vase stable
- Can’t hold multiple flowers
Modern minimalist living rooms, although fully furnished, may appear too bare and boring without home décor. Brighten up the living room by decorating your coffee table with this Ceramic Bud Vase Set from ANTIS’S HOME. These mini vases have embossed patterns that add interesting textures to a room. You can also use a coaster and place a vase on it to layer your home decorations. Layering is one of the many ways to add depth and dimension to living spaces.
- 100% ceramic
- Elegant embossed patterns
- Smooth bottle mouth design
- Each vase measures 3.9 inches x 2.87 inches
- The neck circumference of each vase is 1.2 inches
- Weight of each vase: 0.12 kilograms
- Can hold water
- Space-saving mini vases
- Ideal for holding faux botanicals and real flowers
- Actual size is smaller than in the pictures
One way you can create a relaxing living room space is by using home decorations with circular shapes or round edges as they appear easy on the eyes. The INGLENIX Minimalist Vase would be a great choice due to its doughnut-like design. Moreover, it comes in a classic white color, perfect for contemporary-style homes. This interior design involves adding minimalist accents to build calming spaces.
The INGLENIX Minimalist Vase is also made of porcelain ceramic, which is the strongest type of ceramic clay. Although unglazed, this handmade porcelain vase is resistant to corrosion and cracking, and is guaranteed to last for a long time.
- Nordic, minimalist design
- Corrosion-resistant porcelain
- Weighs 1.7 pounds
- Measures 7.09 inches (L) x 7.09 inches (W) x 9.06 inches (H)
- Simple yet elegant
- Great accent piece for modern homes
- Comes with an exquisite gift box and plastic foam
- Actual size is smaller than in the pictures
If you feel that you’re not confident enough to mix and match flowers and vases of different colors, use a blue ceramic vase (such as the one above) as a base. Blue is a versatile color that goes well with almost any hue. So, buying a blue ceramic vase allows you to easily choose among the many types of flower arrangements and flora colors. In addition, you may use it as an accent piece to create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere as the color blue is soothing to look at.
- Vibrant sheen
- Unique teal blue color
- Weighs 3.61 pounds
- Measures 5.7 inches (L) x 5.7 inches (W) x 10.6 inches (H)
- Includes a non-slip pad bottom
- Makes spaces appear bright and relaxing
- 30-day after-sale service
- Actual color looks darker than in the pictures
Do you love the unconventional style of boho-chic interiors? If you do, consider buying this Ceramic Vase from BASE ROOTS. This peculiar piece is sure to catch the attention of your guests, as it features the beautiful body of a woman. BASE ROOTS has also coated the vase with a speckled glaze to create a shiny, textured look. Add this unique accent piece to your living room or bedroom to create a fun and playful vibe!
- High-quality ceramic
- Unique female form design
- Weighs 1.43 pounds
- Measures 3.15 inches (L) x 3.15 inches (W) x 4.33 inches (H)
- Great housewarming gift
- Has drainage holes underneath
- Option to drill more holes for faster drainage
- Comes with foot foam pads
- Not ideal for large plants
Aside from decorating rooms with unusual statues and vases, you may also use vintage pieces to achieve a boho-inspired interior design. This Decorative Ceramic Vase from Mowtanco is a great example of vintage decor as it has an antiqued rustic finish. Keep in mind that the concept of boho interiors is more than embracing the unconventional. It is also about creating relaxing spaces, and you can do this by simply adding rustic vintage decors to your home.
- Large arc handle
- Reactive water glaze
- Antiqued rustic design
- Weighs 2.28 pounds
- Measures 7 inches (L) x 7 inches (W) x 8.5 inches (H)
- Easy to carry handle
- Waterproof interior
- Comes with a thick carton box
- Actual color differs from the pictures
Flowers like lilies and sunflowers need a tall, narrow vase to support their long stems. For tall vases, we recommend the VIRTUNE Ceramic Vase. Regular tall vases usually have a cylinder column design, but this modern ceramic vase is unique as it has an infinity-shaped style. Furthermore, it also sports a ribbed surface with an exquisite matte finish! The VIRTUNE Ceramic Vase is a versatile home decor piece that will go well with almost any interior style.
- Infinity style
- Elegant curves
- Sculptural matte finish
- Weighs 3.19 pounds
- Measures 9.25 inches (L) x 6.89 inches (W) x 9.25 inches (H)
- Colors available: White, blue, and pink
- Can be used as a standalone piece
- Made from premium bone China clay
- Ideal for farmhouse or Scandinavian homes
- High price tag
Most ceramic vases are designed to hold long-stemmed flowers and branches. But the MyGift Teardrop Vase is different as it has a unique teardrop style with a wide container in the middle. Use this modern ceramic vase to hold succulents or other small plants to freshen up a room!
- Unglazed ceramic vases
- Teardrop shape design
- 4-piece vase set
- Each vase measures 4.3 inches (L) x 3.0 inches (W) x 6.5 inches (H)
- Interior measurements are 2.5 inches (L) x 2.5 (W)
- Adds an elegant touch to a room
- Great for holding succulents and tea light candles
- Doesn’t have a smooth finish
Fill awkward corners with the KSYGINXD floor vase! This decorative ceramic vase has a tall, slim design that can fit easily in tight corners. Not only that, but its exquisite European vintage design will make homes appear more elegant. You can use this as a standalone home decor piece or a vessel for large birch branches to incorporate a natural touch to your home.
- Solid ceramics
- European vintage design
- Beautiful smooth surface
- Weighs 4.41 pounds
- Measures 15 inches (L) x 9 inches (W) x 61 inches (H)
- Elegant appearance
- Ideal for holding twigs, wheat, and faux botanicals
- High price tag