Adjustable Wall Lights To Enhance The Mood At Home
Published: December 17, 2021
Modified: December 24, 2021
Create a snug, cozy vibe at home by installing some wall lights! Check out these exquisite light fixtures that could help improve your home's ambiance.
Adding large windows to allow more natural light to stream in creates a comfortable ambiance. However, this would work only during a bright, sunny day. How do you create the same cozy ambiance when the night comes and the rooms start to look dark and cold? It’s simple. You just have to add some wall lights.
Wall lights, also known as, “wall sconces” are used to illuminate dark areas that most overhead lights can’t reach into. Simply put, they function almost like neon lights; you use them as supplemental lighting to brighten up the nooks and crannies in a room. However, instead of bright LED colored lights, wall sconces emit a soft, diffused, light. Thus, most would use it to improve or create a comfortable ambiance at home.
Exquisite Wall Sconces
Although sconces are considered one of the oldest fixtures, they never go out of style. They come in a wide variety of designs — from formal, to vintage and rustic modern wall lights. Just like table lamps, these decorative fixtures could be a focal point in the room.
Check out these exquisite wall sconces that can help enhance a room’s interior.
Bedroom wall sconces bring numerous benefits. Not only do they make small spaces appear bigger, but they also add style and comfort to your bedroom. Plus, you can even use them as bedside lamps! However, adding such lights also has a disadvantage. Usually, they still have to be connected to a service panel or the main power box in the house.
Luckily, with these Wall Lamps from HONWELL, you don’t have to go through those hassle wiring installations anymore. They are battery-operated wall sconces with an average lifespan of 30,000 hours. If the battery runs out, you only have to charge them for 3-4 hours. Moreover, it comes with a remote control to change the brightness and color of the lights.
- Memory function
- Cordless LED wall lights
- Remote-controlled lights
- Elegant chrome finish
- 1.3-watt wall lights
- 4000k color temperature
- 12 color choices with 4 lighting modes
- Two 3.7V 2200 mAh internal lithium batteries
- Fully-charged wall lights can last up to 20 hours
- Comes with mount brackets and screws for more convenient installation
- Balanced color temperature; they do not look too blue nor too yellow
- If their batteries start to die, the lights appear too dim
Bare steel pipes, reclaimed wood, and brick walls — these are the core elements of a modern industrial interior. Such a design appears casual and relaxing because of the raw and almost unfinished details. It also doesn’t look too formal and intimidating.
Complete your modern industrial interior with these Industrial Wall Lights from LUSTORM 1. These lights feature a retro vintage design with the bulb lights encased in classic steel cages. Aside from their aesthetic design, they also add functionality to a room, thanks to their wheel pulley. You can adjust the height of the wall light by simply tugging on the wheel pulley.
- Soft, warm light
- Industrial, retro design
- Adjustable pull-down design
- Corded-electric power source
- Each wall light requires 1 E26 screw bulb
- Soft light creates an inviting atmosphere
- Industrial, mid-century-style lights add sophistication to a room
- Easy operation because the switch is attached to the lamp socket
- No bulb lights included
Another popular interior that never goes out of style is farmhouse design. Just like minimalist interiors, a farmhouse design appears inviting and relaxing. It uses organic elements and monotone shades to achieve a fresh, comfortable vibe at home.
Recreate those inviting, farmhouse vibes in your bedroom by adding this Plug-In Wall Light from CADUKE. The linen shade of this wall lamp helps diffuse the bulb lights to release a soft, warm glow. Plus, it has swing metal arms, so you can easily adjust to change its position.
- Swing metal arms
- Farmhouse linen shade
- 270-degree adjustable head
- Voltage is 110V to 220V
- Adjustable swing arm length is 11. 7 inches
- Wall lamp dimensions are 6.6 inches x 5.19 inches
- Package includes 2 wall sconces and 4 mounting screws
- Emits a relaxing, warm glow
- Also great as a task light for reading
- Can either be hardwired or plugged-in
- You have to twist the swing arm to access the on/off switch
This Modern Wall Sconce from Merlight looks as luxurious as a chandelier because of its exquisite crystal shade. Crystals do not only look decorative, but they also complement almost any home interior style. Whether you have an old, Victorian house or a classic, minimalist home, these crystal wall sconces will fit nicely into any room. Moreover, they add vibrance because of how the crystals capture light. It’ll appear as though the room is twinkling and sparkling with these wall lamps mounted.
- Dimmer switch
- Elegant wall sconces
- Metal frame with a clear crystal shade
- 67.59-inch plug-in cord
- Voltages are 110V 60Hz
- Swing arm is 6.30 inches +3.94 inches
- Shade diameter is 6.1 inches with a height of 9.06 inches + 3.94 inches
- Crystal shade helps diffuse luminosity
- Two installation modes: plugged-in or hardwired
- Includes a 12-month warranty and a 30-day refund
- No light bulbs included
Most would veer away from anything with a golden hue because they deem the color too extravagant for a simple modern interior. But lighting fixtures with exquisite golden finishes can still look homey if you use them as accent pieces to complement rustic home decors.
If you are bold enough to add bright, golden shades to your modern interior, consider buying this Wall-Mounted Lamp from WINGBO. Not only does it have a luxurious imperial gold shade, but it also has a functional conic shape. This could be a great addition to a reading nook in the bedroom.
- Made of high steel
- Swing-arm wall lamp
- Luxurious golden shade
- Cord length is 6 feet
- Ideal for E26 60-watt bulbs
- 2 x 9-inch arms can extend up to a total of 18 inches
- Metal shade is 6.1 inches in diameter and 5.1 inches in length
- Save-spacing wall light
- A plug-in model that can be converted into a hardwired wall light
- Light direction can be changed with the swing arm to add ambiance
- No bulbs included
Simple Wall Lights
Wall lights are more than just aesthetic lighting fixtures. They may also function as task lights to showcase artworks, pictures, and other home decorations. Here are some LED wall lights that add functionality and style to your home:
Don’t stash away your awesome paintings in the attic. Proudly display your work at home with this Adjustable LED Wall Light from HONGUT. It’s a 4000k light fixture that has a balanced color temperature. Simply put, the light is not too yellow nor too blue. This is ideal for showcasing bright-colored paintings because it won’t cause color distortions.
Apart from using the wall light to illuminate some paintings, it could also be used to add mood to a room. Just change the color to blue or green to create a relaxing atmosphere. Meanwhile, choose either yellow or red for a lively vibe.
- Remote-controlled wall lights
- Adjustable arm and light tube
- EZ mount brackets
- 12 RGB LEDs with 4000k color temperature
- Charging time is 5 to 6 hours
- Powered by 3.7V 4400mAh lithium-ion battery
- Remote control distance is 20 feet
- You can adjust the light brightness
- Convenient micro USB-charging cable
- Ideal for showcasing artworks and collections
- Not ideal for large paintings and picture frames
If you want simple accent lighting, you should consider buying these LED Puck Lights from HONWELL. It creates a dramatic spotlight to highlight exquisite home decorations and artworks. You can also use them to light up a dark entryway to make it look more inviting.
LED puck lights are also ideal for lighting up porches at night. The lights are not too bright, so they won’t ruin the cozy night atmosphere. With this wall light, you’ll still be able to enjoy stargazing with your friends and family.
- Warm white glow
- Portable and flexible
- Long-lasting LED wall lights
- Requires 3 AA batteries
- 3000k color temperature
- Double-sided tape and mounting screws are included
- Versatile wall lights for indoor and outdoor use
- Ideal for illuminating entryways and outdoor spaces
- Direction of light can be changed to create a dramatic effect
- No motion detection feature and remote control
You might not know someone who could help with the wiring installations at home. If that’s the case, look for adhesive wall lights. Just like these Wireless LED Lights from HFCFL. Installation is easy as you only have to peel off the double-sided tape at the back and stick it on the wall. If you are worried that the wall lights might fall out of place, you may use screws to ensure a secure mount.
Another advantage of using these wall lights is that they are battery-operated. Plus, they come with a remote control so you can easily change the settings.
- Flexible and compact swivel wall light
- Dimmable modes and timing function
- 5000k white glow
- 350-degree swivel and 200-degree tilt
- 10 dimmable modes and 12 preset RGB colors
- Made of durable steel
- No hassle wiring installations
- A great accent lamp for pictures, artworks, and other home decorations
- The adhesive sticker doesn’t stick well
If there’s no room to add a lamp to the table, use these LED Wall Lights instead. You can mount them up on the wall to save table space. Furthermore, these are great for reading because they have an eye-protection function. The lights are not too bright nor too dim — providing just enough light to read a book. You can even adjust the dimness level to make it more comfortable for your eyes.
Changing the light bulbs is also easy as you only have to remove the sconces from the magnetic ball. No screws and other hardware tools are needed!
- Touch dimmable switch
- Eye protection function
- Magnetic mounted, adhesive wall lights
- 3 brightness levels
- USB-charge type-C port
- Powered by a built-in 1800mAH large rechargeable lithium battery
- Saves space
- Change the light setting with just a tap!
- Flexible wall sconces that can be rotated up to 360 degrees
- Sconces keep moving out of place because of the weak magnets
Home interiors should not be the only thing you improve. You may also put some effort into enhancing the look of your front yard. It’s the first thing to get noticed, so if you want to make a first good impression, try decorating the front yard with these Solar Landscape Wall Lights from JIOR. Not only will they help illuminate the beautiful plants at night, but they add security to your home. With these lights, you’ll be able to see if anyone is lurking around your house.
- Waterproof spotlights
- Auto on and off feature
- Made of high-strength ABS material
- 90-degree adjustable wall lights
- 3 working modes: dim, bright, and highlight
- Powered by a built-in rechargeable li-ion battery 3600mAh
- No wire installations needed
- Lasts up to 10 hours if fully charged
- Can either be wall-mounted or inserted on the ground
- If the built-in battery fails, you have to replace it with another
Although overhead lights are strong enough to illuminate an entire room, they usually cast harsh shadows at the corners and edges of a room. To ensure all the nooks and crannies are brightly lit, try installing some interior wall lighting. Use them to layer your home’s pre-existing lights to add mood and ambiance. Plus, these wall lights have exquisite designs, so you can also use them as accent pieces.
For more decorative light fixtures, you may want to check out some of these decorative lighting ideas. Get some inspiration here and learn how to improve your home’s curb appeal!