Home>Furniture>Bedroom Furniture>Best Anti Snore Pillows For a Quieter Night’s Sleep
Best Anti Snore Pillows For a Quieter Night’s Sleep
Modified: February 7, 2023
Stop your partner from snoring loudly by giving him an anti-snore pillow. Check this out to discover some of the best options today.
(Many of the links in this article redirect to a specific reviewed product. Your purchase of these products through affiliate links helps to generate commission for Storables.com, at no extra cost. Learn more)
After a long, tiring day, all you want to do is to plop down on your bed and fall into a deep sleep. But how can you sleep if your partner is snoring loudly? You can use some earplugs to block off the noise, but it’s not advisable to use them regularly as they can push earwax deeper into your ear. The best way is to stop your partner from snoring loudly by using an anti-snore pillow.
Why You Should Not Ignore Loud Snoring
Most of us think snoring is normal because it’s too common, especially in most adults. The muscles in your body lose elasticity as you age, just like how your skin starts to sag as you grow older. This causes muscle tissues in the throat to slack, blocking your airways while you sleep. Another potential cause for snoring is obesity. If you are overweight, there’s extra fat on your neck, causing your upper airways to compress. No matter the reason, snoring should not be ignored, especially if you are someone who does it loudly every day.
Loud snoring can be a sign of sleep apnea. This could lead to restless sleep, and instances of waking up in the middle of the night, gasping for air. Experiencing excessive drowsiness during the day even if you have enough sleep is another sign. Choosing not to treat sleep apnea can lead to various cardiovascular problems (such as high blood pressure) because your blood oxygen drops if you have such a condition.
How Can an Anti-Snore Pillow Help? How Does it Work?
Sleeping on your back could be one of the reasons why you snore. This sleeping position allows the tongue and soft palate (or the muscles at the back of the mouth) to fall at the back of the throat, partially blocking your airways. It would help to sleep on your side to reduce compression in your airways.
Thankfully, you can sleep on your side comfortably with an anti-snore pillow. This type of pillow usually has an ergonomic, contoured shape to stop you from sleeping on your back. Most are also made from polyurethane foam to promote proper body alignment and provide ample neck support. If your neck is properly supported while you sleep, your neck and shoulders will be aligned, keeping your airways open.
For those who are not comfortable sleeping on their side, using a wedge pillow will help. It’s another type of anti-snore pillow that elevates the upper part of your body to prevent the soft tissues in your throat from obstructing your airways.
People Who Search For Anti-Snore Pillow Also Search For
Best Anti-Snore Pillows
Indeed, using bohemian-inspired pillows will make your bed look more aesthetic, but you should not only focus on improving the overall look of your bedroom. You should also make an effort to make the bed comfortable for sleeping. One way you can do this is by adding anti-snore pillows.
As such, here are some of the best anti-snore pillows from Amazon:
Contour Anti-Snore Pillows
Do you find it uncomfortable to sleep on your side because your arms and shoulders feel numb after lying down for a while? You can avoid this by using this Cervical Anti-Snore Pillow from Elviros. It has a contour area on each side to prevent the shoulder from hunching while sleeping. Plus, there is an armrest on top of the contour area to help relieve pressure from the wrist and arms. Meanwhile, the middle part of this anti-snore pillow has an arc shape to provide better neck support and improve breathing.
- Breathable pillowcase
- High-density memory foam
- Ergonomic, contoured design
- Package includes 1 anti-snore pillow
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Item dimensions: 25 inches x 15 inches x 4.1 inches
- Keeps its shape even after multiple uses
- Comes with a machine-washable, removable pillowcase
- Reduces pressure on the arms and shoulders while sleeping
- Has a chemical smell
Most memory foam pillows emit a strong chemical smell as they usually contain chemicals called VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). However, this Anti-Snore Pillow from BAAOBAA is different. It is odorless and chemical-free, so this is great for those sensitive to scents and off-gassing odors. Moreover, this is a medium-soft pillow that provides ample neck support to help you breathe properly.
This contour anti-snore pillow also comes with a two-layer polyester pillowcase. The outer cover is made from high-grade cotton, while the inner part has a breathable mesh to prevent dust accumulation.
- Medium-soft but firm
- Slow-rebound foam core
- Odorless, breathable pillow
- Colors available: Blue and White
- Item dimensions: 25.2 inches x 11.8 inches x 4.7 inches
- Middle groove design helps improve spinal alignment
- Ridges and grooves keep the pillow cool and breathable
- Wedge-shaped shoulder area to support the neck and back
- Thinner compared to other contour pillows
Elevating your head is one of the many ways to reduce snoring. Doing this keeps the nasal passages open and positions the tongue and jaw forward. However, this does not mean it’s alright to stack pillows on top of each other so you can elevate your head while sleeping. In fact, that method can do more harm than good because it strains the muscles on the back and neck.
If you are not sure how high your pillow should be, consider buying this Sandwich Pillow from UTTU. Compared to standard bed pillows, this one is unique because of its adjustable lofts. You can remove a layer of memory foam to adjust the pillow height. Aside from that, the cover is made from bamboo, so it keeps the pillow cool. You’ll be able to sleep more comfortably at night with this type of pillow cover.
- Low VOCs
- Cool bamboo pillow cover
- Adjustable height and ergonomic neck contour
- Package includes 1 anti-snore pillow
- Item dimensions: 23.6 inches x 14 inches x 4.7 inches
- Pillow for all sleeping positions
- Memory foam pillow that does not sag easily
- CertiPUR-US approved so it contains no chemicals
- A bit too soft for a support pillow
This CushionCare Contour Pillow takes comfort and cooling to the next level. Not only does it use high-quality memory foam, but it is also equipped with temperature-sensitive properties. This means it adjusts to your body’s heat to keep you cool and comfortable at night. This anti-snore pillow also has a contoured design that keeps your neck and body aligned while sleeping on your side. This prevents you from rolling onto your back, so you won’t snore loudly in your sleep.
You will also love how this contour pillow has a dust-mite-proof cover. Pillows create a warm environment that attracts dust mites because they store body heat. Although dust mites are harmless, leaving their feces on pillows can trigger various allergic reactions.
- High-density memory foam
- Dust-mite proof inner cover
- Unique contoured-shaped pillow
- Item dimensions: 24 inches x 13 inches x 5 inches
- Package includes 1 contour pillow and 1 sleeping mask
- Great pillow for all sleeping positions
- Deters dust mites
- Contour shape design provides pressure point relief
- Pillow may feel too firm at first
If your partner momentarily stops breathing due to snoring loudly, he most likely has Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). The doctor might recommend a CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machine to keep his airways open while sleeping and reduce snoring. Most people find it uncomfortable because it is a mask that completely covers your nose and mouth. Although some are designed to cover the nose only, they can still cause discomfort because of the straps and occasional leaks.
It’s going to take some time to get used to, but this Lunderg CPAP Pillow might help. It uses a memory foam that conforms to your head and CPAP mask, preventing the mask from pressing onto your face. What’s more, it is adjustable! You can remove a layer of memory foam to adjust it to your desired pillow height.
- 2 height options
- Removable pillowcase
- Adjustable contour design
- 1.5-inch removable memory foam layer
- Item dimensions: 22 inches x 16 inches
- Package includes 1 CPAP pillow and 2 pillowcases
- Helps reduce CPAP mask leaks
- Pillowcase has cooling comfort properties
- Comes with an extra pillowcase for added convenience
- Too firm compared to other anti-snore pillows
Wedge Anti-Snore Pillows
Earlier, we mentioned that elevating the head while sleeping can help to reduce snoring. However, this will only work if you are using a wedge pillow. This one from Bekweim is an elevated pillow for snoring that positions your body at a 45-degree angle, helping you to breathe easily. You can also use this bed wedge pillow to elevate your legs and promote proper blood circulation.
You will also love how this wedge pillow is made from Visco elastic memory foam. This type of material allows the pillow to return to its original shape after use. So, rest assured that it will last for a long time.
- Firm but not stiff
- Comfortable curved edges
- Dual-layer of premium memory foam
- Package includes 1 wedge pillow and 2 pillow covers
- Item dimensions: 24 inches x 24 inches x 7.5 inches
- Hypoallergenic and silky soft pillow covers
- Pillow covers are removable and machine-washable
- Foam is temperature-sensitive to keep the pillow cool and comfortable
- Needs to be aired out to get rid of the chemical smell
If using a wedge pillow alone doesn’t feel too comfortable, consider choosing this InteVision Wedge Pillow. It comes with a cooling gel memory foam headrest to keep your head properly elevated. Now, you are less likely to snore in your sleep. Furthermore, this wedge anti-snore pillow comes complete with an eco-friendly and breathable bamboo cover.
- Adjustable height
- Machine-washable bamboo cover
- Cooling, breathable foam headrest
- Item dimensions: 25.98 inches x 25 inches x 7.52 inches
- Package includes 1 foam wedge and 1 adjustable headrest pillow
- Additional neck and head support
- Bamboo cover feels smooth and comfortable
- Use the extra headrest to adjust the height of the wedge pillow
- Takes up too much bed space
If adding a headrest is still not comfortable enough, we recommend using this Orthopedic Wedge Pillow Set from Lunix. It comes with an extra headrest, but the difference is that the wedge pillow angle can be adjusted. You can even flip the back pillow for better lumbar support. Plus, the headrest has Velcro straps to prevent it from slipping down the back pillow. This pillow set is not only for sleeping to reduce snoring, but you may also use it to keep your back at a comfortable angle while reading or watching TV.
- Washable bamboo cover
- Medical grade support foam
- Hypoallergenic and breathable
- Package includes 4 wedge pillows
- Headrest pillow is 2.9 inches thick
- Back pillow size: 27.1 inches x 23.6 inches
- Comes with an extra knee pillow
- Non-slip cover to keep the wedge pillow in place
- Thin pillow headrest helps relieve neck pressure
- Feels hot to sleep on
- Not ideal for side sleepers
Most wedge pillows are designed for back sleepers, but this Sleepnitez Wedge Pillow is different. The end of the pillow is soft and thin, providing better back support. Plus, it uses memory foam which is soft yet firm and conforms to your natural body curve to prevent lower back pain. This is also an anti-snore pillow because it elevates your body to allow the air to flow smoothly through your airways.
- 0.2-inch thin end
- Natural, bio-based fibers
- Resilient yet soft memory foam
- 3.25-inch of soft yet resilient memory foam
- Item dimensions: 27.2 inches x 25.2 inches x 8 inches
- Ideal pillow for people with sensitive skin
- You can place another pillow on top for added comfort
- CertiPUR-US certified
- No removable pillowcase
If you are the type of person who travels a lot, you may find this HEALTHEX Bed Wedge Pillow extremely useful. It’s foldable and easy to store, so you can carry it anywhere you go! You can put this in a cushion storage bag if you are planning to bring it on an overnight trip with your friends. With it, you can enjoy a snore-free vacation!
- Breathable and durable
- Plush outer memory foam layer
- Removable and washable cover
- Available in 2 colors: White and Gray
- Item dimensions: 22 inches x 22 inches x 12 inches
- Multipurpose wedge pillow
- Doesn’t take too much storage space because of its compact design
- A bit too firm for a wedge pillow
It’s annoying to live with a partner who snores. This will affect your sleep quality as it would be difficult to rest at night, hearing him grumbling and snorting in his sleep. Fortunately, you can stop the loud and disrupted snores with an anti-snore pillow. You’ll probably feel overwhelmed with the innumerable options online, so to help you out, we listed some of the best anti-snore pillows above.
Aside from using pillows that help with snoring, changing the layout of your bedroom can also help improve your sleep quality. Check out these stunning green bedroom ideas to enjoy a good night’s sleep!